Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux)  (Read 784625 times)
makipsee

Activity: 28
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 04:24:01 PM
Merited by xandry (2)

Hi All,

I am having issues with Phoenix miner.
Just so you know, I am new to mining (so don't know anything), so I cannot really diagnose things on my own.
SO:
I use Betterhash (with most recent miner update installed), and my PC config is as follows:
Windows 10 64bit running on AMD Ryzen 3 3200g (with integrated vega8 graphics card), 16GB DDR4 RAM, Asus GT710 graphics card (2GB virtual RAM). I am trying to run your miner on my GPU GT710. I used to run my OS from a SATA SSD 128GB, but have just upgraded to a M.2 NVME SSD 256GB (with 140GB free space)
I contacted the Betterhash team, and they told me to set my PC's VIRTUAL MEMORY to at least 32000 MB as Phoenix Miner needs this setting. They also told me to  try to add the "-mcdag 1" parameter in BetterHash, in the Advanced Settings. This parameter disables GPU memory overclocking performed by Phoenix Miner during the DAG generation. This means DAG generation will be slower, but the hash rate will remain the same.
All of the above was done, the PC restarted, but the ETHash Phoenix miner is stuck in the "starting position". When looking at what is going on the following error shows up:
https://i.imgur.com/rnixt0Y.png
Seems to be a memory issue... DOes that mean I need to have more RAM on my PC for it to run? Or do I need to set the virtual memory to bigger values?

Any suggestion on what I could do to get the miner running on my GT710 GPU?

Thanks in advance!
Smiley

J

Your GPU didn't have enough VRAM to mine ETH. Need 5gb of VRam or more
Arg!
Ok, thanks for the reply!
Smiley
Would there be a way to use the SDD storage space to provide extra memory for the GPU?

Nope. But you can mine other coins. I have a 1050 mining UBQ using Zilminer to mine ZIL on the shardpool
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jerome the French bastard

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 04:38:13 PM

Hi All,

Just so you know, I am new to mining (so don't know anything), so I cannot really diagnose things on my own.
SO:
I use Betterhash (with most recent miner update installed), and my PC config is as follows:
Windows 10 64bit running on AMD Ryzen 3 3200g (with integrated vega8 graphics card), 16GB DDR4 RAM, Asus GT710 graphics card (2GB virtual RAM). I am trying to run your miner on my GPU GT710. I used to run my OS from a SATA SSD 128GB, but have just upgraded to a M.2 NVME SSD 256GB (with 140GB free space)
I contacted the Betterhash team, and they told me to set my PC's VIRTUAL MEMORY to at least 32000 MB as Phoenix Miner needs this setting. They also told me to  try to add the "-mcdag 1" parameter in BetterHash, in the Advanced Settings. This parameter disables GPU memory overclocking performed by Phoenix Miner during the DAG generation. This means DAG generation will be slower, but the hash rate will remain the same.
All of the above was done, the PC restarted, but the ETHash Phoenix miner is stuck in the "starting position". When looking at what is going on the following error shows up:
Seems to be a memory issue... DOes that mean I need to have more RAM on my PC for it to run? Or do I need to set the virtual memory to bigger values?

Thanks in advance!
Smiley

J

Arg!
Smiley
Would there be a way to use the SDD storage space to provide extra memory for the GPU?

Nope. But you can mine other coins. I have a 1050 mining UBQ using Zilminer to mine ZIL on the shardpool
Thanks for the tip!
I do not know how to add miners to Betterhash, at least this miner is not in their miner pack...
I do not know how to add miners manually. I might ask them for help.
Anyway, thank you very much for your help!
Cheesy
makipsee

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 05:50:22 PM

Hi All,

SO:

Thanks in advance!
Smiley

J

Arg!
Smiley

Thanks for the tip!
I do not know how to add miners to Betterhash, at least this miner is not in their miner pack...
I do not know how to add miners manually. I might ask them for help.
Anyway, thank you very much for your help!
Cheesy

you're welcome! i use everything stand alone on windows. just check out some videos on youtube about setting up miners and looking up different coins. usually on the pool sites they will have examples of how to setup a specific miner. i only just started mining about 2 or 3 months ago. Good Luck!!
Targonis

Activity: 56
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 10:39:51 PM

To put this in perspective, the work unit(DAG) is over 4GB in size, so to mine, your video card needs 6GB of its own memory to properly mine.   In theory, even if you could convince the GPU or video card to use main system memory to compensate, that would KILL performance(drop the mining performance by 85 percent).   There are other coins you could mine, but to be honest, the performance of a GT710 is low enough where it would cost more in energy than you would generate from mining.

This is a part of the reason why all cards with 6GB or more disappear when crypto is doing decently, and why certain cards are in higher demand than others due to their mining performance.

Good luck...

Hi All,

SO:

Thanks in advance!
Smiley

J
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 02:10:33 PM

The new beta version is finally ready. You can download PhoenixMiner 5.7a from here:

Remember guys this is a FAKE post.
Reported to moderator.
janding

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 08:33:46 PM

The new beta version is finally ready. You can download PhoenixMiner 5.7a from here:

Reported to moderator.

I don't think anyone cares anymore. Even the dev's don't show up here to take care of anything except on an
extremely rare day. Dev's are worthless now that they're all multi millionaires. Just get prepared to be
left hanging in the near future.
miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 10:43:28 PM

Reported to moderator.

I don't think anyone cares anymore. Even the dev's don't show up here to take care of anything except on an
extremely rare day. Dev's are worthless now that they're all multi millionaires. Just get prepared to be

Wow..arent we an ingrate. 

Feel free to build a competitive miner…im sure it will be great (not).

UniJo

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 05:48:15 AM

I was wondering. Is there a way to let the miner mine for wallet A for 23hours a day and mine the remaining hour to wallet B? Some sort of devfee trick.
makipsee

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 11:45:08 AM

I was wondering. Is there a way to let the miner mine for wallet A for 23hours a day and mine the remaining hour to wallet B? Some sort of devfee trick.

You could set up 2 different bat files or config files and create a bat file with a timer that would run for 23 hours and then close the first instance and open a new one with a different --config command
Verbl Kint

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 06:51:58 AM

Does anyones have any info about hack of LHR on 3080Ti ?

3080Ti's have a lot of potential if someone figures out a workaround for mining
janding

View Profile
July 12, 2021, 05:17:36 AM

Reported to moderator.

Everything I said is true and the proof is right here in the posts.
They have all but disappeared.
miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
July 12, 2021, 01:42:59 PM

Reported to moderator.

Let me clarify.

I was not referring to the fake links that many of us here report regularly.  But you sure are good at calling out devs with your ingratius comments.  Maybe look into your attitude on that.   PM has provided an excellent miner and all you can do is complain the devs dont care or do anything.  Until you can provde a better piece of code you write yourself, you are best off not complaining about those who do.  Its very small of you .  The scammers are always here but they are not PM.  You have poor respect for devs who have done way more for mining than you will EVER.

stoniestfool

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 03:41:32 AM

I saw that straps for p104 was enabled under windows a few versions back. I have several evga p104 that i flashed with the 8gb bios. When is set strap the miner says it gets applied but the hashrate does not increase. i have tried with and without nvmem. I also tried kernel 2 and 3. Running as admin.
my setting are +200 core
+ 500 mclock
90 power limit.
any help is appreciated.
tonyhinkle

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 01:42:43 PM

Assuming you're using Windows, set up PM to run as a two different services (one for each config) using NSSM, then use task scheduler to start/stop the services at the appropriate time.
That70sMiner

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 06:48:55 PM
Merited by miner29 (1)

I just come to say Thank you!!

When epoch 427 "went live" and DAG was regenerated, my 3070 started producing invalid shares; for about 8 hours, due to the overclock (using AfterBurner).  I said "there must be away to avoid this!" and proceeded to read the entire PM readme; low and behold, there was "-mcdag"!!

My PhoenixMiner (using the config file) is now fully managing my 3 cards (1070ti,2070,3070) all with individual overclock settings (no more manual afterburner OC settings application), and DAG generation is no longer a concern!

Cool
Verbl Kint

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:42:12 AM

It seems there always is a new "beta" version every week.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Targonis

Activity: 56
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 11:32:01 AM

Reported to moderator.

I have to say. Im with miner29.

What you try to say?

Why devs need to be here? Here is great community and guys to help you if you encounter some problems with PM. PM is solid and updated IF NEEDED. Devs not here to reply every damn bug/problem/question.
They have done their job by providing the software and keep it up to date.

Do you think example the betterhashminer is better because they provide noobie forum and hanging around in the reddit/facebook/twitter?
There is companys like betterhash/cudominer in every aspect of life. There is professional tools for small groups who know what to do and  tools what everyday folks like you (if i understand your whining right) who need to little bit push everyday so they can feel secure, intepended and be part of something.

This game is not for everyone so i think you need to find out new hobby if you "scare" about current situation.
Mining with current PC's is so much easier what it was. "Mining" is old af. There was some sketchy shit back then when bitcoin released and if we compere phoenixminer to old times -Oh boy mate- You have not seen shit.

If we speak about future support. PM dev's have done their product with sight of long term use. Current PM version is supported and expected to work until 2023 (epoch +500), it works automatically in "customer" perspective. Devs get their share from mining, thats for sure. If they are multi millionares by now, It's F---ING AWESOME. How that even bothers you and how it is a problem. Do you think example betterhash doing their thing because they are angels of god and not making any money? If so, you are so wrong.

Edit:
i also have to mention that PM is only mining software what provide so much configurations that you can literally setup your rigs with only one configuration file. Only one. You dont need afterburner or other programs to tune your rig. You just open the damn config file and use PM to do everything. Works every time. There is nothing to compere if we speak about PM optimization or tweaking opportunities.

i dont even want to mention hashrates. Oh boy PM is gold so many ways. And it suppose to be BAD if devs get their money.... sheeeeesh!

You probably missed that Radeon Software 21.6.1 doesn't work with PhoenixMiner and the 6000 series(my 6800 at least has the problem) without manually setting the kernel to 0.   So there IS a need for a new version, and a post to even say the issue is known hasn't been made.
oblivionxt

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 10:24:21 PM

Reported to moderator.

I have to say. Im with miner29.

What you try to say?

Why devs need to be here? Here is great community and guys to help you if you encounter some problems with PM. PM is solid and updated IF NEEDED. Devs not here to reply every damn bug/problem/question.
They have done their job by providing the software and keep it up to date.

Do you think example the betterhashminer is better because they provide noobie forum and hanging around in the reddit/facebook/twitter?
There is companys like betterhash/cudominer in every aspect of life. There is professional tools for small groups who know what to do and  tools what everyday folks like you (if i understand your whining right) who need to little bit push everyday so they can feel secure, intepended and be part of something.

This game is not for everyone so i think you need to find out new hobby if you "scare" about current situation.
Mining with current PC's is so much easier what it was. "Mining" is old af. There was some sketchy shit back then when bitcoin released and if we compere phoenixminer to old times -Oh boy mate- You have not seen shit.

If we speak about future support. PM dev's have done their product with sight of long term use. Current PM version is supported and expected to work until 2023 (epoch +500), it works automatically in "customer" perspective. Devs get their share from mining, thats for sure. If they are multi millionares by now, It's F---ING AWESOME. How that even bothers you and how it is a problem. Do you think example betterhash doing their thing because they are angels of god and not making any money? If so, you are so wrong.

Edit:
i also have to mention that PM is only mining software what provide so much configurations that you can literally setup your rigs with only one configuration file. Only one. You dont need afterburner or other programs to tune your rig. You just open the damn config file and use PM to do everything. Works every time. There is nothing to compere if we speak about PM optimization or tweaking opportunities.

i dont even want to mention hashrates. Oh boy PM is gold so many ways. And it suppose to be BAD if devs get their money.... sheeeeesh!

You probably missed that Radeon Software 21.6.1 doesn't work with PhoenixMiner and the 6000 series(my 6800 at least has the problem) without manually setting the kernel to 0.   So there IS a need for a new version, and a post to even say the issue is known hasn't been made.

I'm hoping the longish delay this round is so they can implement new features.  The RX 6000 cards don't auto tune and have mining intensity issues at the moment.

I agree that at least getting a development update would be nice.
makipsee

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 10:42:42 PM

I hope they implement DAG caching... I think that would fix most of my problems with my cards that are finicky with overclocks. Until then I have to keep using lolminer for 3 of my cards. I know about the mcdag command but it doesn't help because the crash is accuring because of the core overclock not the memory. Or the ability to run external commands during the DAG change...
janding

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 01:11:02 AM

Reported to moderator.

Let me clarify.

I was not referring to the fake links that many of us here report regularly.  But you sure are good at calling out devs with your ingratius comments.  Maybe look into your attitude on that.   PM has provided an excellent miner and all you can do is complain the devs dont care or do anything.  Until you can provde a better piece of code you write yourself, you are best off not complaining about those who do.  Its very small of you .  The scammers are always here but they are not PM.  You have poor respect for devs who have done way more for mining than you will EVER.

You can bite me.
You don't even have enough intelligence to fully understand a simple post, so your comments to me are just ignorant trash.
Never I said the miner wasn't good or that I could or even wanted to write one you dummy.
I stand by what I said again. They are NOW worthless. They haven't made a decent improvement in a year or more.
They have only managed to barely keep up with driver changes. They never attempt to answer anyone's issues or make the miner better.
Hey, we made them all millionaires so now they just set back and suck in the money. Soon they will completely disappear and they will
continue to get paid as long as people just keep supplying the dev fee. That could last for years, but they won't be around except to
sell the coins they are accumulating.
Wise up dummy and just look at what they do.

Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: