Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 03:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1955 times)
Rodon

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:00:16 PM

In my opinion, he is one of those who dislike Bitcoin, and the fact that some people are getting rich with this cryptocurrency makes him angry.
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:03:47 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
Warren Buffett is just one of the Business tycoon who doesn't appreciate the global acceptance on cryptocurrency{BTC}.
Yet, the appreciation of BTC price from 8 yrs. ago to the present which is 11,500$ does not reflect the thought of Warren Buffett 20 yrs. from now. 
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Maybe Mr.Warren Buffet does not like bitcoin and he try to discourage those people who are bitcoin believer and maybe his difinition of currency is that toucheable,he can hold and touch it like a paper money.

We all have different opinions. If Warren Buffet said that it didn't meet the definition of currency, then so be it. We all have different point of view and thinking. If that's what he said, we, as a bitcoin user, should explain and enlighten him what and how bitcoin can be used for. It's not being hater but it shows that he doesn't have enough information to the point he concluded this statement. 

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:07:12 PM

Yes bitcoin is not a currency but is a crypto currency but i think the time of conversion bitcoin to currency will happen sooner or later
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:14:54 PM

He is definitely just a hater, giving old conservatives a bad name. I wouldn't take his words on crypto seriously at all.
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

It doesnt matter to me it he regards bitcoin a currency or not. If it is not a currency which is somehow true because it is not accepted everywhere but it doesnt affect the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin cant be a currency so it is also ok if it is called an asset. Like gold and even better than gold.

pathapoddo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:20:37 PM

Bitcoin is one kind of crypto currency. It is a form of digital money. It is exists in the network only but not like dollar, euros. Bitcoin is produced by mathematical proof. It is a decentralized currency.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:06:04 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

I think he's one of those people who hate bitcoin, whereas the crowds say that bitcoin is a currency but is digitally shaped and has no form like real money or paper money. I myself also say bitcoin is the currency because bitcoin has a very expensive price and can be used for the tool through the internet pembanyaran.

mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:31:11 PM

They may not like the existence of bitcoin to develop so all the ways they often use to destroy bitcoin by making bad news that is intended for someone not to invest in the future.

abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:39:30 PM

Maybe Mr.Warren Buffet does not like bitcoin and he try to discourage those people who are bitcoin believer and maybe his difinition of currency is that toucheable,he can hold and touch it like a paper money.

We all have different opinions. If Warren Buffet said that it didn't meet the definition of currency, then so be it. We all have different point of view and thinking. If that's what he said, we, as a bitcoin user, should explain and enlighten him what and how bitcoin can be used for. It's not being hater but it shows that he doesn't have enough information to the point he concluded this statement. 

That's true!
Mr. Buffet has his own opinion and there is no problem about it. The thing is, he must not use this bekiel to annoy the bekief of anyone. Mutual respect. The best thing we can do is to allow him learn about bitcoin more because bitcoin ia a cryptocurrency and it is almost alike with cash or any cryptocurrency

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:36:56 PM

That's true!
Mr. Buffet has his own opinion and there is no problem about it. The thing is, he must not use this bekiel to annoy the bekief of anyone. Mutual respect. The best thing we can do is to allow him learn about bitcoin more because bitcoin ia a cryptocurrency and it is almost alike with cash or any cryptocurrency

That's right we have our own opinion about bitcoin. Maybe   Mr. Warren Buffett don't like bitcoin or there's something wrong with her experience of bitcoin. I don't know why he said that bitcoin didn't meet the definition of curenccy, maybe his trying to discourage people about bitcoin.For me bitcoin is a money, a digital curenccy. A curenccy with a high  value.
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

Everyone is having their own presumptions about bitcoin and some of them love it and some of them are not sure about it. So most probably Warren is one of the guy who is not liking the idea of bitcoin making others rich! He struggled for isn't it but now every man can just get as much money as they could if worked properly on the project.

Anyway, whether bitcoin is currency or not is big question and many of them consider it as asset though it was meant to be currency by the founder of bitcoin that is Mr. Satoshi sir!
IF we are going to define bitcoin in the context of its function and its purpose on the market we could consider to think that bitcoin is a currency like thing but in reality it is a currency in the form of cryptocurrency. So cryptocurrency is a digital money that we could used in trasnaction with used of the web. And i think most of people think it is a strength of bitcoin which could also be an asset for investments and trading.
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. Just like gold in the old days but now it's all digital. I don't think bitcoin will be gone in 20 years, it will always be here. There are chances that another coin will surpass it but it will not die.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:53:20 PM

It doesnt matter to me it he regards bitcoin a currency or not. If it is not a currency which is somehow true because it is not accepted everywhere but it doesnt affect the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin cant be a currency so it is also ok if it is called an asset. Like gold and even better than gold.
Most of them do. Moreover, bitcoin is not exactly effective as a means of payment, but as a bitcoin investment tool is very profitable. So it is important for us to learn the basics of cryptocurrency.

maariyaam

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:58:14 PM

A hater is the one who throws negative thoughts about a certain thing. And Yes, we may call him a hater. That is true that Bitcoin is not yet a currency. But its objective is to become one. Though we cannot see that for now, we rather see it as an investment. As the days goes by, devs are doing their very best to improve and achieve what Satoshi Nakamoto wants it to be.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:08:30 AM

I agree with what the person said in the video because I also think that bitcoin is not a currency but bitcoin is a digital asset that has value (price) so bitcoin can be exchanged or traded and the result of the exchange or trade bitcoin will be money. However, most people have been rumored to say that bitcoin is a digital currency so they assume that bitcoin is money.
hibiscus

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:10:27 AM

Bitcoin is not a currency but it is an electronic asset . Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrecy which has its own characteristics, a decentralized one so no government control on it and it can transact peer to peer, saving the processing  time and service charges. Its all transactions are recorded in an electronic ledger with block chain technology.
lfc_san

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:45:19 AM

Your thoughts?
I think he is not necessarily a hater of bitcoin. Everyone is free to argue or analyze bitcoin and as a respondent we have the right to believe it or not.
For me bitcoin can be said virtual currency because bitcoin can be used as a tool of transactions in online.
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:56:08 AM

Your thoughts?
I think he is not necessarily a hater of bitcoin. Everyone is free to argue or analyze bitcoin and as a respondent we have the right to believe it or not.
For me bitcoin can be said virtual currency because bitcoin can be used as a tool of transactions in online.

Different people or personality have varying opinions and perspective on things, the same goes with different governments.
As Israel Government confirms that cryptocurrency will be taxed as property and not currency
https://cointelegraph.com/news/israel-confirms-cryptocurrency-will-be-taxed-as-property-not-currency
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:05:50 PM

My opinion about this new individual, that bitcoin is an investment and  transaction, bitcoin is an easy-to-use digital currency.
Because for us bitcoin a bright future, easy to get more profit, according to our society bitcoin is very safe and easy to use in all forms .
Easy to use for international payment , just compare it by yourself with western union, PayPal etc. all of them are too complex, cost much money and takes long time. As long as there's some people who recognize and use Bitcoin as a payment tool then it's clearly a currency.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: