Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:51:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETH reach BTC value ?  (Read 10769 times)
zeeb100

Activity: 25
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:02:58 PM

Well....ETH future is very bright and its a value would possibly double before the end of the year...Its going to take a while before ETH gets close to BTC..
davoshuntcrypto

Activity: 133
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:03:47 PM

I think it can in the long run if you look at what the creators of ETH are trying to do, such as mist etc.

This is in the long run, do not expect ETH to catch bitcoin for a few years....
kz06

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:08:31 PM

i don't realy know about ETH can do this, but in ranking 1st. is BTC & in some days i guess ripple will take that place in ranking.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:15:43 PM

I think the BTC has more fork is not better. The ETH platform has too many tokens, which makes ETH weaker. In the future the position of the ETH will be priced by the dev team and the administration of Vitalik Buterin
BTC fork would pass at the end of the day when people start realizing it is all scam with the way some punk asses are going with the whole fork thing. Most reliable exchanges are not bothered listing them and unless they are really able to prove to stay relevant in the long run, they may really not be listed. ETH on the other hand may have many tokens, but that should not be a problem for it.
morrisby25

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

Of course this is what everyone who invests in ethereum wants, but in reality I don't see it happen.
Yes, literary not happen. But, I have moved my portfolio into ETH for now. As, ETH seems to be on a better year forward. Its true, BTC is losing its dominance daily. Obviously, this isn’t necessarily a permanent thing. Just a move for now and I will see what happens.
I mean ETH already fell to XRP, catching up to BTC is a huge goal but let’s go step by step and reclaim the #2 position again shall we?
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

In longer term, ETH value can even overrun bitcoin's value. Both of this coins are created for different reasons and ETH has a lot of real world usage while bitcoin has become a store of value nowadays. ETH is widely used to create tokens to fund new businesses. Also the transactions are superfast and lot more cheaper than bitcoin which increases its acceptability to the frequent transactors.

Also if we see the market cap, ETH is holding the second position since a long time now. Which proves that ETH is widely accepted and praised by the crypto community. So I believe, ETH can certainly reach the current level of bitcoin, probably not soon but surely in long run.

I think that Etherium price can't be more than BTC. Etherium has x5 more coins than BTC so it is necessary to have capitalization x5 times more than BTC

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:08:44 AM

eth also has many problems such as the network often get stuck, i think there must be a new coins that can resolve the painpoints btc and eth have, till then new coin can surpass eth and btc
squidiot438

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

eth also has many problems such as the network often get stuck, i think there must be a new coins that can resolve the painpoints btc and eth have, till then new coin can surpass eth and btc

I believe so too. Other newer coins will learn from BTC, ETH, and other older coins inexpensively and will perform will without hick-ups the first time around. I'm not saying this will happen soon though since BTC is still dominating the market in market cap and price.
guangzhouta

Activity: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:20:35 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 11:54:46 AM by guangzhouta

I think ETH can but it's gonna take at least 4-5 years to do that. Because Bitcoin costs 9 years to have this valuable.
Agree. it may be possible but it will take a long time for it to achieve if it can really overcome the real trouble it has. if not, something new may do the job.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 10:27:05 AM

In theory it is possible , but there is to many "if" ... All I know is that bitcoin need to do something with its transactions speed and fees , otherwise another cryptocurrency will take the 1st place . Of course , it can be Ethereum , but there is another options for it too
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:31:14 AM

Ethereum can! but is not going to be anytime soon! Ethereum can practically do what bitcoin does and even more. ALGORY.IO TOKEN is hosted on ethereum platform and ALGORY.IO is a specialized tools for trading cryptocurrency. It's ICO ends on Monday. Get yours now!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

On paper, a lot of alts can reach BTC value. On strength of technology and potential, 90% of alts should reach Bitcoin price, and should challenge. But we live in a crazy world of crypto where value seems to be on the decision of speculators rather than "intrinsic value".

And as much as I used to be very disagreeable on Ethereum, nobody can deny that they fully deserve already making an ATH at $1,000 - and even if it failed to keep above it, this is already very significant achievements.

But will it reach Bitcoin value? Nobody knows, my personal feeling is it will never. But that is not a problem for ETH holders I am sure.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gustaf.berg

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:44:07 AM

In theory it is possible , but there is to many "if" ... All I know is that bitcoin need to do something with its transactions speed and fees , otherwise another cryptocurrency will take the 1st place . Of course , it can be Ethereum , but there is another options for it too

In theory everything is possible but in practice not everything. We are all forgetting the dynamics of crypto currency world. If there wouldn't be bitcoin, would we still have this active crypto market? bitcoin is the one who started the story, it will be there allways as dominator factor.
SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:48:13 AM

for now I hold ETH, and that is a good question, maybe I ETH will match the BTC value but not in quick time and maybe ETH in 2 years time can match the BTC value, I hope it happened Wink

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

In longer term, ETH value can even overrun bitcoin's value. Both of this coins are created for different reasons and ETH has a lot of real world usage while bitcoin has become a store of value nowadays. ETH is widely used to create tokens to fund new businesses. Also the transactions are superfast and lot more cheaper than bitcoin which increases its acceptability to the frequent transactors.

Also if we see the market cap, ETH is holding the second position since a long time now. Which proves that ETH is widely accepted and praised by the crypto community. So I believe, ETH can certainly reach the current level of bitcoin, probably not soon but surely in long run.
i believe in ethereum and i believe in its capacity on having high value,but still
 not enough to conquer bitcoins huge price..being the first crypto and with such limited
issue bitcoin will be forever on top price.ethereum may reach more than half of bitcoins
 price but will never come near
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:31:17 AM

very likely, it just takes a while. because I think ethereum technology is superior to bitcoin. but bitcoin is the mother of crypto currency. so now all crypto currencies are under it. but we do not know 5 or 10 years ahead. which crypto will be the master of crypto currency.
Maybe we just wait and see how superior ETH technology is to bitcoin. These are two different projects and I do not see why because of that ETH would take over. Have you also taken the time to read about the lightening network, probabaly if you do, you will have more reason to believe that this is a game no altcoin can win at the end of the day as bitcoin have more advantages over all the alts?
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

No ethereum will not reach bitcoin position because of huge supply where bitcoin is having limited supply 21 million once it is mined then no coins will be generated Mined coins will only circulated . But etherum is having huge supply .

valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

Yes it could but not any time soon. it will take a while. More people will join crypto space this year and alot of new project will be build on etherum network
and more gas will be used to drive eth value to go up more and more. so i am looking at eth closing at 10k by year end.
Lara644

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:40:31 AM

I think it can, if it becomes more widely accepted, although this could take years to happen but anything can happen if more people use it in future because it has great potentials, remember Bitcoin didn't reach it's current value in a year.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:44:12 AM

If we look at the amount of market capitalization, Ethereum currently has a $100 bn market cap for about $ 1000 price. Let's say the number of market caps represents the current price, so if we multiply the current market cap by 3, and so will the current price multiplied 3. the result will exceed the current bitcoin market cap, but the price does not even reach half of the bitcoin price. I don't think that's possible. Unless bitcoin has drastically decreased in price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: