Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:16:01 AM

Disclaimer:  I am a long long time developer so I will be taking the machine down and up while I develop some algo-mining strategies/software.  Also I am sure I will want to break it a few times.  In short, if you see a drop in mining it is likely me not the Cointerra system.

did they give it to you so you can try to help them improve the performance?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:47:05 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 10:27:24 AM by Anotheranonlol

Guys,

I can confirm Cointerra is shipping.  I just received my TerraMiner today.  

Did you pick it up or was it shipped to you?

could be Ravi came on a moped by with the terraminer strapped to his back
shipping - in cointerra language is same as dominos pizza conditions - you must be within 3 mile delivery radius (no ships or planes involved)
and also agree to take photo shaking hands in office and submit short positive review to qualify

acually for ct credit, 1 good thing I can say is the revised compensation for december customers. it's positive step in right direction

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:02:46 AM

Lets play cointerra mad libs style. Still selling systems rated at 2TH could be construed as _________.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:14:33 AM

Forum and customer base starts to ask questions...  "Give someone else a unit and let them meet the CEO!"  ... "February 4th, 2014 ... Production of first batch complete shipping starting soon!"
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:57:08 AM

Guys,

I can confirm Cointerra is shipping.  I just received my TerraMiner today.  After a bumpy start with the web interface (mostly my fault) I got it all up, online, and mining.

I just setup a fresh new wallet and mining via the eligius pool so people can watch the actual TerraMiner progress.  Who I am is public knowledge so I have no issues with people seeing the activity of my new wallets.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12swrBqyvmN6w6tjmww2RavPsvA3AB1Lme

Disclaimer:  I am a long long time developer so I will be taking the machine down and up while I develop some algo-mining strategies/software.  Also I am sure I will want to break it a few times.  In short, if you see a drop in mining it is likely me not the Cointerra system.

Here are some photo's of myself and Ravi (CEO of Cointerra), Cointerra sitting on my window, and the cgminer screen.

Mr Anderson

I recognize this guy, he works at Bloomberg hahahahahahah, a coincidence ? he was on the 12 day Bitcoin coverage demonstrating mining on a BFL SC60..

Edit: I found the video, and yes it is that guy, the IT associate at bloomberg Wink

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/12-days-of-bitcoin-how-do-you-mine-for-bitcoin-8oMB0j~XSDCw7qtz4i~PiA.html 
Alvi

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:09:23 AM

so far only people who got their unit is famous and had a handshake with Ravi in person :O
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:20:56 AM

Those yellow walls sure are popular, either that or dprophet has painted his house to match the cointerra offices.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
dprophet

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:57:02 AM

Guys,

I can confirm Cointerra is shipping.  I just received my TerraMiner today. 

It was shipped.  Just arrived last night.  I may install this at the BTC center in New York City.  Mixed feelings about doing that with my first box.

"did they give it to you so you can try to help them improve the performance?"

No.  I am just a customer.  I placed the actual order back on August 30th 2013 (In their first 1-5 orders).  The performance issue is not a chip design, it is the mother board.  That is being adjusted now.  I am writing predictive analyse algo mining software for my own usage.  I hate the way the multipools create a herd of cows effect and pop the difficulty through the roof and all the little script kiddies then auto-sell on Cryptsy.  My software will not do that.

I recognize this guy, he works at Bloomberg hahahahahahah, a coincidence ? he was on the 12 day Bitcoin coverage demonstrating mining on a BFL SC60..

IT Guy?  Haha.  If you want to call a developer writing code 25 years now.  Ok.  Most dont consider me IT.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:16:30 PM

IT Guy?  Haha.  If you want to call a developer writing code 25 years now.  Ok.  Most dont consider me IT.

Yes IT guy, I should say engineer instead of "guy" but yes you can be a developer or a system administrator or an IT architect or help desk technician.... this is all under the Information Technology specialty and department, and what the fact of developing software for 25 years can change in your case here ?  I've been in IT operations for more than 10 years as well, does this change anything ? no.... people are not getting their miners and you've got with a hand shake and the funny thing is that I remember you from bloomberg, a real funny coincidence.... 
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:26:06 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:45:03 PM by 5craziest

If I'm reading the miner correcly does it say 1.56TH?  Isn't that below their revised specs?  It'll be tough for anything beyond March delivery to be profitable if that doesn't improve
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:32:44 PM

Alvi

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:30:59 PM

Guys,

I can confirm Cointerra is shipping.  I just received my TerraMiner today. 

It was shipped.  Just arrived last night.  I may install this at the BTC center in New York City.  Mixed feelings about doing that with my first box.

"did they give it to you so you can try to help them improve the performance?"

No.  I am just a customer.  I placed the actual order back on August 30th 2013 (In their first 1-5 orders).  The performance issue is not a chip design, it is the mother board.  That is being adjusted now.  I am writing predictive analyse algo mining software for my own usage.  I hate the way the multipools create a herd of cows effect and pop the difficulty through the roof and all the little script kiddies then auto-sell on Cryptsy.  My software will not do that.

How is that that you order on Aug 30 and have order # 1-5? i have ordered on August 27 and my order # is over 400?
DPoS

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:15:27 PM

Cointerra not shipping right off the press screwed you guys..  KNC making uber mine so while clownterra is busy covering their ass with UL testing you have lost all your profit potential

all this 'long term power efficiency' is bull caca

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
dprophet

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:40:45 PM

If I'm reading the miner correcly does it say 1.56TH?  Isn't that below their revised specs?  It'll be tough for anything beyond March delivery to be profitable if that doesn't improve

Correct.  The motherboard has some deficiencies but the chips do not.  Those are being worked on.  The chips will run as fast (and as hot) as you let them.  Help me convince Ravi it would be beneficial to sell updated motherboards when they come out.  Hint hint hint.

Also, mining 101, people assume price is stable and difficulty keeps increasing.  This is not true.

IMO (and others)
  - for BTC to have real world value beyond geeky speculation.  People need to spend it vs hoard it.  This is happening.  Merchants are accepting it right and left.
  - BTC needs a market cap of 1 trillion dollars to be even a reserve currency for a very small country.  Do the math.  1 trillion / 12 million BTC
  - We need "some kind of Government regulation" to legitimize BTC.  In progress.  They are moving faster than I would have given Governments credit for.
  - I recommend following the crumb trails of information in New York City financial sector to see whats really going on.  I recommend reading all of the court hearings last week.  All evidence is public so you can start putting the puzzle pieces together.
  - Google for: technical analysis breakout pattern.  BTC prices are exhibiting this pattern now.
  - Market Prices will go where they need to go to satisfy supply and demand.

So, do you think I would have purchased preorder machines if I thought prices would have stayed at the $100 BTC price when I preordered $14,000 machines?

no.... people are not getting their miners and you've got with a hand shake and the funny thing is that I remember you from bloomberg, a real funny coincidence....  

Nothing is a coincidence since I preordered 9 of Cointerra machines.  I also preordered BFL and Alpha Technologies Scrypt machines.  Thats 2 very large preorder risks knowing the mess that BFL created.  However, truth be told, BFL made a mess but I made a lot of BTC on my BLF preorder machines.  I have been mining SHA and Scrypt for a long time.  I flew to Cointerra, on my personal budget, to make sure that Cointerra really was "at the delivery phase".  So Cointerra missed their target window by a little over 1 month.  Big deal, thats how the Engineering world works and the risks you need to take.  Time estimates are best guess cases but experience and talent can offset aggressive estimates.  Cointerra missed their window by 1-1.15 months but BFL missing their target by 1.25 years.  Hum....

BFL started in a garage with no experience. Cointerra has massive the experience and are close to their target window.  Even as important as the experience levels I saw at Cointerra: a lot of passion and a "by the book" approach.  He isnt who I thought he would be.  A startup company with a pushover CEO wont go far and Ravi is far from that.  He wouldnt let me take the 1st machine on the plane with me unless I paid Texas the 8% sales tax even though my shipping was New York.  Ravi is a hard-as$ and I mean that with respect.

How is that that you order on Aug 30 and have order # 1-5? i have ordered on August 27 and my order # is over 400?

Order # is irrelevant, payment date matters.  I actually have 5 orders, 9 machines, all placed and payed within a few days of announcement.  I also made the mistake of preordering of the BFL Monarch.  Oh well....  Cant win them all.   Cry
DPoS

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

So Cointerra missed their target window by a little over 1 month.  Big deal, thats how the Engineering world works and the risks you need to take.  

no.. that is how the product management world works.  The engineers knew for a long time the promises were all bullshit but customers were lied to the whole time

you act like it was some buried chest that they had no clue until the last minute when they turned it on

arczi19

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:00:00 PM

Correct.  The motherboard has some deficiencies but the chips do not.  Those are being worked on.  The chips will run as fast (and as hot) as you let them.  Help me convince Ravi it would be beneficial to sell updated motherboards when they come out.  Hint hint hint.

Also, mining 101, people assume price is stable and difficulty keeps increasing.  This is not true.

IMO (and others)
  - for BTC to have real world value beyond geeky speculation.  People need to spend it vs hoard it.  This is happening.  Merchants are accepting it right and left.
  - BTC needs a market cap of 1 trillion dollars to be even a reserve currency for a very small country.  Do the math.  1 trillion / 12 million BTC
  - We need "some kind of Government regulation" to legitimize BTC.  In progress.  They are moving faster than I would have given Governments credit for.
  - I recommend following the crumb trails of information in New York City financial sector to see whats really going on.  I recommend reading all of the court hearings last week.  All evidence is public so you can start putting the puzzle pieces together.
  - Google for: technical analysis breakout pattern.  BTC prices are exhibiting this pattern now.
  - Market Prices will go where they need to go to satisfy supply and demand.

So, do you think I would have purchased preorder machines if I thought prices would have stayed at the $100 BTC price when I preordered $14,000 machines?

no.... people are not getting their miners and you've got with a hand shake and the funny thing is that I remember you from bloomberg, a real funny coincidence....  

Nothing is a coincidence since I preordered 9 of Cointerra machines.  I also preordered BFL and Alpha Technologies Scrypt machines.  Thats 2 very large preorder risks knowing the mess that BFL created.  However, truth be told, BFL made a mess but I made a lot of BTC on my BLF preorder machines.  I have been mining SHA and Scrypt for a long time.  I flew to Cointerra, on my personal budget, to make sure that Cointerra really was "at the delivery phase".  So Cointerra missed their target window by a little over 1 month.  Big deal, thats how the Engineering world works and the risks you need to take.  Time estimates are best guess cases but experience and talent can offset aggressive estimates.  Cointerra missed their window by 1-1.15 months but BFL missing their target by 1.25 years.  Hum....

BFL started in a garage with no experience. Cointerra has massive the experience and are close to their target window.  Even as important as the experience levels I saw at Cointerra: a lot of passion and a "by the book" approach.  He isnt who I thought he would be.  A startup company with a pushover CEO wont go far and Ravi is far from that.  He wouldnt let me take the 1st machine on the plane with me unless I paid Texas the 8% sales tax even though my shipping was New York.  Ravi is a hard-as$ and I mean that with respect.

Order # is irrelevant, payment date matters.  I actually have 5 orders, 9 machines, all placed and payed within a few days of announcement.  I also made the mistake of preordering of the BFL Monarch.  Oh well....  Cant win them all.   Cry

As noble as you sound, none of this is relevant to the actual problem.

So Cointerra missed their target window by a little over 1 month.  Big deal, thats how the Engineering world works and the risks you need to take. 

no.. that is how the product management world works.  The engineers knew for a long time the promises were all bullshit but customers were lied to the whole time

you act like it was some buried chest that they had no clue until the last minute when they turned it on

Precisely.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:17 PM

So Cointerra missed their target window by a little over 1 month.  Big deal, thats how the Engineering world works and the risks you need to take.  

No that is not.  That is how an engineer or a team of engineers CAN (not always) get their asses canned in the real world.  In this market it is different you are correct because honestly who else can anyone go to (yes I know buy 10 Ants, etc).  That quote only applies to certain sectors.  

Oil and Gas - You spend XXXX amount of time and $XXXX in resources (cash/time) and produce a product not close to what you claim.  Well you are from Texas too (same here) correct?  Canned

List ... List ... List ...

Computer - I've watched first hand teams try to pass off things at IBM for Storage, Intel and Power.  There were plenty fired even after the product was pushed out.  I know multiple people at DELL that same thing happened, hell sometimes it wasn't their fault it was management.

Either way dprohpet I take it your in Austin?  I'll be up there at Boost Logic in a week or so bringing my car up.  I'd love to see the setup in person (maybe you will have the others) or if you can get me a walk through of Cointerra (i know you guys/gals watch but maybe I'll get a PM/email).  

Cointerra did release a good product they are shipping very slow to all the customer base but that's part of small business.  The 2.0 TH/s number was harder to hit and you had customers threatening to sue, refund, etc. if they didn't release.  So instead of taking a few more months to try and push harder (which they knew would be bad for everyone) they released it and are going to try to get those numbers up with firmware, etc.  

I know I have talked plenty of crap last few days but never trashing the hardware but it truly is a very good setup.  Had I not gotten into mining way to late (Christmas day I registered) I would have ordered a few.  Hell I sent an email over New Years time while in Vegas trying to start off with 10 terraminers to start with the possibility of large amounts more.  Of course response was no and the lady responded with they don't need any investors (not sure how she came up with that part LOL).  After that it was just sit and watch pre-orders pop up for stupid amounts of money (until recently on a few).  So maybe the next version the V??? will be mine!  Wink
plato14

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:56:19 PM

Guys,

I can confirm Cointerra is shipping.  I just received my TerraMiner today.  After a bumpy start with the web interface (mostly my fault) I got it all up, online, and mining.

I just setup a fresh new wallet and mining via the eligius pool so people can watch the actual TerraMiner progress.  Who I am is public knowledge so I have no issues with people seeing the activity of my new wallets.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12swrBqyvmN6w6tjmww2RavPsvA3AB1Lme

Disclaimer:  I am a long long time developer so I will be taking the machine down and up while I develop some algo-mining strategies/software.  Also I am sure I will want to break it a few times.  In short, if you see a drop in mining it is likely me not the Cointerra system.

Here are some photo's of myself and Ravi (CEO of Cointerra), Cointerra sitting on my window, and the cgminer screen.

Mr Anderson

Edit: I found the video, and yes it is that guy, the IT associate at bloomberg Wink

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/12-days-of-bitcoin-how-do-you-mine-for-bitcoin-8oMB0j~XSDCw7qtz4i~PiA.html 

nice find
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

you've got my attention there, so does this mean a LGA socket ? in other word a chip that you can put in/out like processor ? motherboard can be replaced ? this is really huge and important if it is true.

but how didn't I see that on their design (if it is true)

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:47:51 PM

Guys,

Mr Anderson

nice find

Oh look, the video was all of a sudden removed. 

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: