Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy has lost 103 Bitcoins  (Read 8035 times)
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:51:11 AM

This shows the people's knowledge about bitcoin in early days they did mining even backup the wallet file.In 2011 the 103 bitcoins is very small amount but now the value is almost 4 million he maybe really disappointed for that.This is the great lesson for everyone we need to backup every important detail because all of them are money.
But if you can't find your wallet file then your bitcoins will be lost forever.
douheyu

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:09:10 AM

UR,I just want to say...it seems many people lost it,more number....maybe it can comfort this poor guy
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:27:57 AM

What would be more plausible than losing the dat file that easily ,is that this guy didn't even bother to try and secure it or didnt even care about it since 103 bitcoin back then wasn't much. He probably started regretting his actions many years later when that much bitcoin did matter as a life changing amount. I dont feel sorry for him, reckless people shouldnt be rich anyway.
JohnsonX

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:18:21 AM

I dont feel sorry for him, reckless people shouldnt be rich anyway.

Oh c'mon I've lost some altcoins that way too, fortunately small amounts. It happens, you format your drive, malware, hardware failure etc. It must feel really bad to lose that much.

BORDS

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:26:34 AM

this is indeed a sad story.
hopefully this will also serve as a reminder to everyone to keep their wallet.dat and private keys safe.
let us always remember that we cannot blame anyone for this tragic event from happening.
it is only as that can guarantee the safety of our coins.
i am also hopeful that this won't ever happen to anyone again.
Squirtle08

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:49:07 AM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file similar to what I have done but wow this guy must be gutted the amount of money he has lost compared to me  

His Address    166BuLPWHUjqoqiYp5rGE3B5r5AmqgHpoL    Final Balance   103.20832384 BTC

So many people have the same problem and I wonder just how much Bitcoin is stuck not being able to be used Sad

He says "I used to mine Bitcoin back in 2011 and I lost my wallet.dat file (through several stupid moves on my part). It's got approx 103 BTC in it, anyone is welcome to it, I've given up trying."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/up-to-four-million-bitcoins-gone-forever

It says up to 4 million. So that guy who lost his 103 is another statistics. Really just sad though to see someone lost a lot of money because they either don't believed that bitcoin will skyrocketed or they are just plain stupid and not backing up everything and literally throw their money away.

Can you share more about the story though? Is this a new story or an old one because we have seen a lot of people losing their bitcoins. If will be really good if you can give us a link or something.

I'd go crazy if I lose even 5BTC I wonder how those people who lost hundreds of btc is coping up for their losses. We should all learn a lesson or two from these scenarios. No matter how we keep it safe from hackers it is still in our hands how we handle our coins. Losing private keys, necessary files to open our wallet and/or even accidentally throwing out hardware that contains our btc are definitely in our hands. Don't be complacent and think that your coins are safely tucked somewhere in your house especially if someone in your home (wife, children and even your maids!) can have access to it and they have no idea what it contains.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:48:33 AM

I dont feel sorry for him, reckless people shouldnt be rich anyway.

Oh c'mon I've lost some altcoins that way too, fortunately small amounts. It happens, you format your drive, malware, hardware failure etc. It must feel really bad to lose that much.

This is not a big deal because other lost even 5000 of them for Pizzas and are rueful so 103 even though it's huge can be negligible since it's a small price to pay compared to others that have lost their bitcoins in similar fashion.
Babaji108

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:52:24 AM

I would find this gut wrenching.  Poor guy.  Happy it isn't me.

I know a guy who has 10-20 BTC on a hard drive that he threw away (he is convinced he had them anyways).

Poor guy
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:53:28 AM

we must make an experience, because a little mistake can result in the loss of bitcoin in large quantities. that is very harmful because we can see the value of 103 bitcoin is very high and we must keep it safe to avoid it.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:53:59 AM

This guy has lost 103 bitcoins he mined back in 2011 and then lost his wallet dat file similar to what I have done but wow this guy must be gutted the amount of money he has lost compared to me  

His Address    166BuLPWHUjqoqiYp5rGE3B5r5AmqgHpoL    Final Balance   103.20832384 BTC

So many people have the same problem and I wonder just how much Bitcoin is stuck not being able to be used Sad

He says "I used to mine Bitcoin back in 2011 and I lost my wallet.dat file (through several stupid moves on my part). It's got approx 103 BTC in it, anyone is welcome to it, I've given up trying."

I wonder what this guy is feeling right now.
He maybe lost his mind right now losing that big amount of bitcoin.
I feel so sad for this guy.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:57:41 AM

It really says something about the security that bitcoin has. EVen with people all around to see your money they can't get to it. ALthough in this case, even the owner. So let's be careful guys!

This has nothing to do with bitcoin security, if you lose your wallet, your money is gone, that's the same principle here
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:30:15 AM

I myself looked at the balance and sympathized with this guy.
But I can not imagine how offensive to him. Especially since he could now sell 103 Bitcoins for such a good price ....

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:01:44 AM

This kind of stories always makes me feel like this is a big makor flaw in bitcoin wallet storage design.  I think you should be able to make word phrases or so forth to recover lost funds stored in wallets. See with like wallets like coinbase or xapo you have some safety i think. Personal wallet storage like on computer or paper wallets kind of leave you screwed if computer fails or you loose paper.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Balinsayaw

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:10:56 AM

If I'll be on his situation I couldn't sleep for many nights of thinking of it.
The setback of e-wallet is you don't have any means to recover it if you lost it by your own stupidity.

AlaitisalKhayr

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:15:21 AM

This makes the amount of bitcoin that existing is decrease, it will couse to the increasing price of bitcoin and volatility. I hope there is no such thing anymore.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:21:18 AM

I am curious to know how many bitcoins are stuck like this. Because this will affect the overall market when the price reaches $50000 or more. We have seen lots of examples who lost their bitcoins for various reasons and it may go beyond thousands.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:24:02 AM

back then 2011 bitcoin still cheap as mining also not difficult as these day. he must be not believe he has lose the title to be a millionaire today. god bless you man. dont give up and keep on rolling in cryptos. who know you can get your bitcoin recovery one day.
UlanganBik

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:24:56 AM

yes there must be a related party who took your bitcoin because it was a long time ago and the person would already know going up the bitcoin price so if it is gone well yah can not come back because first you rarely open your wallet so people can take your bitcoin because it has no longer active
ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:30:52 AM

That is a big amount of money. Poor guy, he should be millionaire by now if he manage to recover his wallet. I guess don't give up trying that is worth millions of dollar.
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:33:02 AM

103 bitcoin just blew away? I will depressed if that was me
Thats much enough to take a rest or make people work for you
I hope his or her wallet dat found to his or her

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: