Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum?  (Read 11131 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:10:54 AM

Make no mistake about it, the closest competitor fro ETH is NEO.  Other potentials are EOS and ICON.  But if I had to say could ETH be overtaken within a couple of years by anyone, then I would say NEO, for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Yes. NEO is considered one of the closest competitors for Ethereum to date. However, there are other strong competitors in the market such as Cardano and EOS which aim to provide better features and greater scalability than Ethereum itself. If NEO and other smart contract platforms prove to be faster, cheaper, and flexible than Ethereum, then they would take its place in terms of usage and popularity.

However, given that Ethereum has gathered a lot of attention and support from individuals and businesses alike during the past years, it'll be hard to take down since it has first mover advantage like Bitcoin. Of course, better technologies could emerge which promise to solve the issues of scalability and smart contract efficiency, but I believe that Ethereum will stay on top of alternative smart contract platforms for years to come.

Nevertheless, if we were to list the strongest competitors against Ethereum from the most prominent to the least prominent, they would be: EOS, NEO, Cardano, Qtum, and Lisk. The world of crypto land is full of surprises, so anything could happen in the future, and it's only a matter of time which smart contract proves to be the best by then. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ultrastructure

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:15:57 AM

If I think in the world of Cryptocurrency, there are many altcoin which are the competitor of Ethereum, EOS have a good chances, if their blockchain network will start work with all their promises. And I want to have them all turned out. It is only one real competitor to ETH.
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:20:08 AM

Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

Currently, i don't think there is any other altcoin out there that can really compete with Ethereum's adoption rates.

If i absolutely had to choose, then Cardano and NEO could be possible options. But in the end, it really boils down to what the real world uses and that is Ethereum. Moreso when ETH finishes solving scalability issues, all other blockchain platforms will crumble.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:38:58 AM

NEO is a competitor that can compete and defeat Ethereum. NEO has its foundation and ecosystem that supports any tokens that want to grow on its basis. The NEO platform was chosen to develop tokens of multiple projections, and this helped its price rise to compete with Ethereum.

Yes I agree, if there is one coin that can compete the ethereum, I think it will be NEO. Because it has more advance technology that can compare to ethereum, it has its own platform also like what ethereum have. And the best thing asbout NEO it has a solid community that is the same with bitcoin and ethereum.
caoboinhacso

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:42:55 AM

There are many other altcoins that have the same platform and missions like ETH. They have more advantage and solve issues that ETH haven't still solved. But I think that there is just one coins that can compete and may overcome ETH in the future, it is NEO
pistachefreak

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:44:53 AM

I don't think there are any real competitors right now. Everything either isn't in production yet and will have to build an ecosystem from scratch, or doesn't have a significant advantage, or gets higher throughput by relying on more centralized consensus mechanisms, which is fine as a stopgap but I don't think will ultimately win (and for anyone who wants that, Enterprise Ethereum can offer some fine permission chains).

I do find some projects technically interesting, especially DFinity, then RChain, but it'll be a while before either one launches. I'll also probably look more at Cardano and Zilliqa. I used to be interested in Aeternity before the suits kicked out the guy who invented it.
Rumble97

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:45:37 AM

I think the decent competitor for Ethereum is NEO, NEO has sophisticated technology and is now getting more and more popular, many people call the NEO as Ethereum from China so I'm sure NEO will succeed like Ethereum in the future.
Querubbin26

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

I honestly wish there was a decent one. EOS is way too sketchy for my liking and is DPOS and Cardano has a solid direction but I feel their leadership is very sketchy too. NEO is just seems a bit too heavily manipulated by the Chinese Government.

I really wish there was a Cardano without the bad leadership. I would rather Ethereum have good competition.
chikucrypto

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 06:48:59 AM

MY view there is few competitors of Ethereum in  the market. i think NEO and Ripple are the best and has a excellent potential. They both coins have lot volume and large supporters and also they have excellent technology and getting more popular day by day.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:52:04 AM

Right now the best competitor for ethereum is neo because they already have working platform and neo already has several icos running on their platform, both project are quite similar but ethereum is ahead at the moment. If neo can keep improving what they have then it can be even better than ethereum, i don't list eos because they are still new and have a lot of things to fix.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
milkpeace67

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:54:01 AM

The most terrible competitor of ethereum is Bitcoin cash. The developers of bitcoin cash, in my opinion not a moment lost in thoughts on how to get around and become better. But it is better not to become likely, because Ethereum is the Creator of itself, and bitcoin cash is only a pathetic semblance of btc.
roglopolo

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:04:48 AM

neo is very similar to etherium . I think he can claim to be the best altcoin . I invest part of my money in neo and part in etherium
liutiaoming1

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:51:35 AM

In my opinion, the only coins that can be a competitor to Ethereum coin right now, are NEO ones. And not the global NEO coin, but all the tokens that are racing on the neo blockchain technology, because they are similar to erc-20.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Panpan66L

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:12:01 PM

One and only competitor to Ethereun can be Bitcoin I guess, and it is because they are number one and number two on this market for now. So even if we would look logically we will see the 1st and 2nd are competitors.
sentoy

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

at this time the best competitor for all altcoin is BTC, but now ethereum is also spelled still pretty signi fi cant compared to the coins under it, the market is also pretty crowded, ethereum price is still stable.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  A virtual hangout place for shopping     
  discord telegram twitter        [ JOIN NOW ]  |  culture         
bantoself

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:22:48 PM

NEO will be the best competitor, and has a huge power to overtrone ethereum, it is basically chinese ethereum and when things in china regulates, NEO will see a huge boom and huge price spike
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:38:06 PM

I don't believe that ETH has a competitor and that it will appear in the near future. If ETH had a competitor, then today it would have been on the third place in the list of volume of capitalization. ETH is the leader among alternative coins.
hasbdzb8382

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:35:19 AM

If I think in the world of Cryptocurrency, there are many altcoin which are the competitor of Ethereum, its name is coin ripple, Eos-litecoin many other also. So this coin also rises in the market index. But more are really appreciated like Ethereum and still have an impact on the market.
Robbott

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

the closest competitor is eos and neo, these coins have very good teams and a promising future
Klinmill

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:57:29 PM

etherium has no worthy competitors at the moment . maybe they will appear in the future
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: