Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:09:58 PM

You got a forced refund because of your attitude, 1 solitary case that I've heard of.  

Josh Zerlan didn't like the taste of his own medicine, and made me pay for it. Period. End of story. Indisputable fact.

I understand what you are trying to say, but IMO, you're way off the mark.

There is a world of difference between Bick's mining collective making a decisive judgment call to mitigate loss, and the attitude of contempt and arrogance displayed by Butterfly Labs' unscrupulous and unethical behavior.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:34:26 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 01:39:26 AM by Bicknellski

Let em play the hate and disinformation card XIan... no one is buying his particularly brand of Shady. Much more important points in this thread... like how BFL will not, repeat, will not ship as they "promised" yet again. The goal from here on out should be to warn people off BFL products and make sure fewer people get suckered in by them. Matter of time before BFL does falter and disappear. With a much healthier marketplace BFL will be done in a few  months from now they can't compete they have nothing anyone wants because the can't deliver on time.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:56:57 PM

You got a forced refund because of your attitude, 1 solitary case that I've heard of.  

Josh Zerlan didn't like the taste of his own medicine, and made me pay for it. Period. End of story. Indisputable fact.

I understand what you are trying to say, but IMO, you're way off the mark.

There is a world of difference between Bick's mining collective making a decisive judgment call to mitigate loss, and the attitude of contempt and arrogance displayed by Butterfly Labs' unscrupulous and unethical behavior.

You understand what I am saying and disagree.  The sad thing is we will never know if either of us are right because the question was never asked.   5% of people could have wanted a refund or 95% could have.  How many people wanted a product and were willing to wait?  We'll never know.

The overall problem here is there is no need to post the same thing in multiple threads, like Bick was just doing, unless you are trying to incite something or you're just an ass.  I remember a few weeks back there was a kid posting in every BFL thread he could find and even started a few more, complaining cause he hadn't gotten his Jul 15th order.  Well, he's now gotten it and he'd made like 1 post offering to sell BTC.  How fickle the haters are...

You are right however, it is wrong to compare Josh to Bick.  Bick was 'CEO' and could pull the plug without a care as to what the customers said.  Josh is not the ultimate authority at BFL, he is a go-between.  He's trying to make the best of a bad situation and he can't make the calls.  You all treat him like he is the sole person responsible for everything and you started the bad behaviour and are now complaining that you are getting back some of your own.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Josh is not the ultimate authority at BFL, he is a go-between.  He's trying to make the best of a bad situation and he can't make the calls.  You all treat him like he is the sole person responsible for everything and you started the bad behaviour and are now complaining that you are getting back some of your own.

Waitaminit... *I* started the bad behaviour ?

Sorry. I need to most strenuously disagree. I was responding to Josh's invective as a furious customer ( to the tune of over $4000 USD, net loss of $35k USD value in BTC after forced refund ) who had been led on for a number of months of delays, "mistakes", and absolutely unforgivable behaviour.

Let's not lose sight of the reality of the situation.
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

16 Business days in left in September...
Muahaaah.

---
Cheers
bcp19

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:07:48 PM

Josh is not the ultimate authority at BFL, he is a go-between.  He's trying to make the best of a bad situation and he can't make the calls.  You all treat him like he is the sole person responsible for everything and you started the bad behaviour and are now complaining that you are getting back some of your own.

Waitaminit... *I* started the bad behaviour ?

Sorry. I need to most strenuously disagree. I was responding to Josh's invective as a furious customer ( to the tune of over $4000 USD, net loss of $35k USD value in BTC after forced refund ) who had been led on for a number of months of delays, "mistakes", and absolutely unforgivable behaviour.

Let's not lose sight of the reality of the situation.

<sigh> I said "You all", but obviously that could *only* mean you.  Roll Eyes

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:38:45 AM

Remember Josh saying "It takes 4 minutes to assemble a unit."

4 minutes a unit... spectacular. Where has there been any evidence that a unit at BFL has been made in 4 minutes. I would love to see that claim backed up with evidence. Maybe he lied?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:48:33 AM

4 minutes a unit... spectacular. Where has there been any evidence that a unit at BFL has been made in 4 minutes. I would love to see that claim backed up with evidence. Maybe he lied?

I think what he meant is that if they had all the parts, boards, chips, chips mounted on board,
cases, fans, power supplies, cables, dildos, kleenex, etc. If it was all sitting in front of an assembler named Wanita,  she could assemble it in 4 minutes.

Problem is all those parts have never been in the same place at the same time.

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:00:46 AM

I think what he meant is that if they had all the parts, boards, chips, chips mounted on board,
cases, fans, power supplies, cables, dildos, kleenex, etc. If it was all sitting in front of an assembler named Wanita,  she could assemble it in 4 minutes.

Still would love to see a 4 minute build. Proof?

In fact it be nice to see a http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/rulings/pants-fire/ checking of all the BFL claims.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:08:13 AM

No Jallys shipped today AKA as their cheapest, easiest to assemble product. You'd think they'd ship on weekends since they're so backlogged.

What is going on over there? Are they 3D printing the cases, line by line?
BTCscraper

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:05:31 AM

Could be faster if someone named Mei was assembling it.  And no parts shortage too.

(Note: I am Chinese, so don't tell me I'm racist.)

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:31:19 AM

You are racist!
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:05:43 PM

You are racist!

You discriminate agaisnt yourself ..Your a selfist ??

OBJECT NOT FOUND
BTCscraper

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:34:11 PM

You are racist!

You discriminate agaisnt yourself ..Your a selfist ??

I'm actually not discriminating.  I did say that Mei might do it faster. :-)

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:00:34 PM

Some of the latest tripe from the BFL Shoutbox. (Sunday Night)

Seems BFL does not work weekends, but Just Saturdays and those numbers are rolled up into Monday Numbers.

"We make and ship stuff on Saturday but it all gets rolled into Mnday"  (sic)

So when Josh said we work weekends, he meant Saturdays. (off by 50% imagine that)

Also interesting to note that in sheer Pay dates shipped, lately Mondays numbers are equal in pay dates to any other day, there is not a doubling effect on Monday's stats due to some huge volume that went out Saturday.  (wonder why)

When asked whether she lacked parts or assemblers, she ignored the question.

When asked "Backlog cleared in 22 days??"

She replied "If we ship everything by the end of September, the backlog will be cleared. If we don't, I won't be."

I'd call that a "no', just my opinion however.

bcp19

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:15:46 PM

Seems BFL does not work weekends, but Just Saturdays and those numbers are rolled up into Monday Numbers.

"We make and ship stuff on Saturday but it all gets rolled into Mnday"  (sic)

So when Josh said we work weekends, he meant Saturdays. (off by 50% imagine that)

Also interesting to note that in sheer Pay dates shipped, lately Mondays numbers are equal in pay dates to any other day, there is not a doubling effect on Monday's stats due to some huge volume that went out Saturday.  (wonder why)

She replied "If we ship everything by the end of September, the backlog will be cleared. If we don't, I won't be."

The OP must really have nothing better to do with his time seeing as he has to disect everything that comes out of BFL down to the point all you have is utter nonsense.  Obviously he is so wise he can infer things from minimal data.  I'd bet Charles Schwab would love to hire someone with his keen skills.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:20:18 PM

So what happens if BFL misses their own end-of-September backlog clearing date?  Nothing.  It's all sound and fury signifying nothing.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:24:05 PM

So what happens if BFL misses their own end-of-September backlog clearing date?  Nothing.  It's all sound and fury signifying nothing.
Nothing will happen except another date will be given. It's not like we will be all shocked that they yet miss another deadline.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:26:52 PM

"We make and ship stuff on Saturday but it all gets rolled into Mnday"  (sic)

Also interesting to note that in sheer Pay dates shipped, lately Mondays numbers are equal in pay dates to any other day, there is not a doubling effect on Monday's stats due to some huge volume that went out Saturday.  (wonder why)

The OP must really have nothing better to do with his time seeing as he has to disect everything that comes out of BFL down to the point all you have is utter nonsense.  Obviously he is so wise he can infer things from minimal data.  I'd bet Charles Schwab would love to hire someone with his keen skills.
Just like you have nothing better to do than to respond to BFL related posts within a very hostile environment. You've gone out of your way just to do that.

Your reward for wasting time is?
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:30:44 PM

So what happens if BFL misses their own end-of-September backlog clearing date?  Nothing.  It's all sound and fury signifying nothing.

Correct. Worse, Josh will then point to a hope + dream phrase built into his statement that renders said statement absolutely irrelevant. Every statement the man releases is peppered with weasel clauses that can later be pointed to as rendering the balance of his words meaningless.

BFL: We've scheduled shipments for October! HONEST. ABE!

Yes, but were any products actually fit into that schedule? Uh no...not so much. However you absolutely cannot prove that they DID NOT schedule shipments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: