Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:02:02 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 01:23:41 AM by YipYip

Good I am glad we have got that 100% cleared up that u are indeed a sycophant
There is no point trying to converse with you as a rock with moss has the mental capability of reason & understanding by a 10 x magnitude more than yourself.....
There is something really wrong with you & I wont be apart of your dysfunction any longer.....BFL are the devil & you are the devils helper
Good luck with That   Wink
The thing you refuse to understand is the what is often labeled as malice in truth ends up being inexperience or incompetance.  You view every problem and mistake as an intentional method to put the screws to customers.  Thus, in truth, you're deluded, because you are looking at things through muddied glasses and refuse to clean them.

Ok I will try one last time.....

U are not a spring chicken and have got some experience with the world....

1) Convicted "LONG CON" felon ....i.e spent years in jail !!  

There is no benefit of doubt given to convicted felons who look to be prepertrating the same crime AGAIN!

2) After so many misteps ..i.e missing parts ...how is it that they keep "NOT" ordering them again

3) They are actually in their 3rd generation of bitcoinmining equipment so they are not a babe in the woods at this

4) They have personal/directors mining setups & therefore the "MOTIVE" is massive for them to commit this fraud upon their customers

There is no crime without a MOTIVE

5) After so MANY lies......Everything they have said time & time again is non stop lies ...IRL if somebody who is an adult keeps doing this type of behaiviour its usually takes about  2-3 times before you say "hey these people are just fucking with me"

6) Caught red handed in the latest charge back/ship out of order incident & once again lying to cover their tracks (its almost like the lie validates the intent) ....I agree in a total theorectical way looking at it in isolation that a shipment  could get sent out of order .....but then the follow up charge back dispute, thats just bullshit

7) The monarch instant 2 months delay in 48 hours ... funny how it helped them generate over 3-4 million in sales and then they come back with a 60 day delay ......also dont forget their is a small batch of units being build to the initial deadline (i wonder who they are going too ?)

Cool the list goes on and on and on .....so many people ...so many instances .....so much $$$ to their benefit

9) I have somebody who has confirmed all of these opinions who is a lot closer to this than me & been involved from the beginning ...u would call them an insider to this whole affair

So after all of this if you are going to claim that ALL of this is just inexperience & naivety I really do believe you are being totally obtuse in this matter ..why ??.... some mental dysfuction or ulterior  motive (they are not going to make u their forum spokes person as u so DEEPLY would love to happen) , as any sane person would at least give some credit to the ever mounting pile of evidence....

Even erk had similar views as yourself going back 6 months ...was totally evangelical as yourself in defending BFL ...even he himself has now come to see BFL in a new light as for any intelligent person it does not add up time & time again no matter how you may want to view it ..I am sure you will be the same given time

Also as u are a "noob" dont you think that others may have a little bit more of experience to these matters than yourself ..just because u have found crypto ..thats great and have now been reading & posting non-stop for the last 6 weeks does not mean you have any wisdom on these matters

I look forward to your response ...
1)  People change.  Do you honestly feel we should just institute the death penalty on all criminals becaue "they did it once, they'll do it again"?

2)  It's not a matter of not ordering them, you are assuming things over which you have no understanding.  The reality of the situation is that there is a kink in the supply chain and the orders are not being filled  as promised.  To use one of the favorite statements on this forum, the supplier is BFL'ing BFL.  The simple fact of the matter is that BFL has 2 warehouses full of cases, PSUs, heat sinks, etc., the company in Chicago has more than enough boards, the thing they DON'T have an excess supply of is the chips.  I have no idea of the true numbers, but imagine you ordered 10,000 chips a day and only 800 or 1500 were arriving.  To make it clearer, imagine have 10,000 Corvettes sitting in the lot and all you are waiting on is engines.  Can't ship without an engine, but the engine manufacturer can't deliver as fast as they promised.  You call and call and call, you get promised things are ramping up, yet it never does.  BFL is accepting the blame for their suppliers from you and others without letting you know it's actually out of their hands.  As an interesting side note, I can't see this same problem happening with the Monarch... you have 1 or 2 chips VS 128.

3)  You are either counting the two different types of FPGA as generations or including the 28nm which is not out yet.  During the FPGA run they had hundreds of orders.  The ASICs have had tens of thousands.  BFL basically started out as a garage operation with 4 engineers and now it's bursting at the seams in desparate need of more space.  Obviously they have had growing pains along the way, I doubt Wozniak and Jobs had the explosive growth BFL has in just 2 short years.

4)  Once again, Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity or incompetance.  Just because Avalon mined with their gear before shipping it out does not mean everyone is doing it.  This is just like a favorite buzz-word at the moment, again without a shred of proof.  As mentioned in #2, they ship out every board they get in as a product daily, so the 'perceived' forced slowdown of products is not happening, they are in truth shipping as fast as possible.  Also consider this... BFL is estimated to have 3PH of pre-orders according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283820.0.  Using only 1.5TH mini-rigs, that'd be $60,000,000 in orders, so that is a ballpark low figure.  Why in gods name would someone be foolish enough to risky tens of millions in lost orders to gain a few hundred thousand by mining?

5)  You are again treating incompetance as malice, and before you go off, most of this is supplier incompetance, not BFL's.  This type of ASIC is far different from others, it is 'on' more than any other type and therefore uses more power in the process.  I think the percentages I was given were a normal ASIC is 'on' 17% of the time while these are 'on' 50% of the time.  In the FPGA this worked out to 4x the power draw, and now in the ASIC it worked out to 5-6x.  The foundries never dealt with this before so they had to learn, it appears the bumping facility went off without a hitch, but the binning process had to start from scratch as well.  BFL decided to take the heat and repeated what they were told, and now are accused of lies.  I can imagine what they would have been called if they just kept silent... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

6) I think there is some missing information... I know of 1 person who got both a unit and a refund and I know of several people saying they will refuse to sign for it cause they FEEL what you say will happen, but I don't know of an actual case where the chargeback was reversed due to the miner being shipped.  Can you show definitive proof that this did happen?

7)  You are again assuming malice without any facts.  I do not have sufficient information about the monarch to comment.

Cool  You are being too ambiguous here for me to understand what you are talking about.  Is there some proof you have here or is this just the general word of mouth that goes on here daily?  I don't understand.

9)  Let me see if I understand you here... you are claiming to know someone who... what... works at BFL and has told you all of this is 100% true?  Are you trying to say you have definitive proof of everything you have claimed in 1-8?  Why didn't you just post it all and end the speculation instead of asking me how I felt on all of it?

This is what I am talking about... you're resorting to name-calling, referring to me as a noob without any true understanding of who I am.  You are making an uninformed statement based on... opinion.  You have no idea of how much research I have done, you have no idea of my background, yet you feel that because the date I joined the forum shows I have not been here as long as you that I must just be a clueless fanboi who parrots the party line and has no brain of my own to use.  This is why I blow off 90% of what you direct at me, because you have already shown your mind is closed and you refuse to look at anything other than your own narrow opinion.

You are living on the banks of a river in egypt....

1) If a criminal even exhibts the same behaviour lock them up ... peodophiles should ALL be castrated

2) Nigga please ..I have been in IT business for 30+ years ...I have designed & built supply chain systems for blue chip companies one you would know of that is not australian is BRIGHTSTAR international & motorola in signapore ..I know what i am talking about...so I reject this outright

3)  I loled ... u refering to these ppl in the same sentance as APPLE ..and by the way they where an IPO listed company in aprox 3 years with a grow rate of 700% PA

4) Are u trying to claim that they do not have ANY personal mining for any of the DIRECTORS  ?

5) Why is everything they say is a lie .... It was all geared to get market share ..U where not around to see how they sucessfully killed the emerging FGPA market with the LIES that where told back then

6) The proof is there including the charge back dispute of the out of order miner

7) The information that is their speaks for itself and its plain as day MONARCH was a classic "BAIT & SWITCH"

Cool So much motive ...so much history of "MISTAKES" "HONEST ABE" "PAST TRACK RECORD"

9) Somebody who has been involved in the BFL story going back years

Me calling you "noob" is to remind you that as in the navy you are "GREEN" ...

The rest of this hot air about.... you have been around mining for years ..what a load of bullshit ..why then do u only have a BFL order for 2013+

Stop pretending to be something that u are not ... show us proof or something that would make us all think otherwise

I have been in IT for 30+ years
First 10 years I was a network engineer building Novell & Early cisco networks
After that I got a Masters MIT in software engineering & have been
Building Supply chain,Forecasting & billing systems for the last 15 years

As is my favourite saying in my world "Show me" translates to evidence based belief .. 1 + 1 = 2 .. i am not going to believe something based upon "GOOD FAITH" give me a break....  so far BFL have demonstrated total disrespect & "BAD FAITH" to everyone

erk arived the same way and said all the same types of evangelical "FAITH BASED RELIGIOUS" beliefs about BFL ...he now thinks differently about BFL as he did initially!!  you will as well given time   Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:54:28 AM

What Weds will look like (assuming they don't restart Jalapenos)

Wednesday, Sept 18, 2013 Shipping Update

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: Feb 14, 2013

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: Dec 4, 2012

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: Oct 15, 2012 pay date

MiniRigs: August 15 (1st 500 g/s units), July 20 orders (2nd 500 gh/s) and
June 27 orders (3rd 500 gh/s unit)

Or they can do a big push on Mini-Rigs but either way, if you add up the combined dates moved forward by all three product likes (LS, S and MR) they will equal about 21 days.

Problem is they need 21 days PER product line to make the end of September 2013 (so they have 1/3 the manpower they need right now or they need to get 3 times faster than they are)  Grin

Wasn't even as good as I estimated. Sad
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:24:09 AM

Inaba_Josh got tired of fighting the truth here so he made a shrewd move and bought two ex-naysayers to be Shills.

BFL can't buy us all off now can they?

They can, but I am a pricey shill. I require payment even for looking in your direction.

I don't see either one as shills, frankly I think PG went more in the BFL direction and BCP went more in the opposite direction but that is just one mans opinion.

PG went from most-vocal to telling-silence.

At what cost?

Tales abound about Zerlan being anti-BFL until a visit to their company.

What are they, a bunch of Harpies?

Sirens?

Trust me, I'm still here. I had to hold back my vitriol pen a few times, for I have made a promise, in no uncertain terms, that I would do such (not because of some bribe, so no need to go there except for humor purposes). I will still be commenting from the other side of the fence, along with correcting posts by others with only solid facts. Perhaps, by me doing such, my posts may carry more weight, thus allowing better future decisions to be made.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:28:18 AM

BFL placed a alien asic pods underneath their hotel beds...

This is where I draw the line! There was no need to insult the pod. Now, apologize to the pod, as I know you're going to... <think a certain Clint Eastwood movie>

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:41:01 AM

So tired of hearing "But guys, you can't make predictions because you don't know how many units ship per day!"

Anyway, my optimistic guess is that Singles and Little Singles make it out of 2012 by the end of September. Jallapenos are dead in the water with some bullshit excuse about outsourcing for shutting the line down. Minirigs... who knows. I've heard something about them shipping out singles equivalents to fulfill minirig orders because minirigs take too long to build (my guess is it's something related to testing and QA... you can pull low-performing individual singles out of production after burn-in or perhaps even flash the firmware to convert them to little singles, but you have to actually open up a minirig to find and replace low-performing boards)

The MiniRig takes about an hour to build according to the main builder when asked by Josh in front of bcp19 and myself. They solved the problem of identifying low-performing boards after the build by testing each board prior to its placement. There may be other underlying reasons as to why MR production is scaled back/discontinued.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:18:16 AM

So tired of hearing "But guys, you can't make predictions because you don't know how many units ship per day!"

Anyway, my optimistic guess is that Singles and Little Singles make it out of 2012 by the end of September. Jallapenos are dead in the water with some bullshit excuse about outsourcing for shutting the line down. Minirigs... who knows. I've heard something about them shipping out singles equivalents to fulfill minirig orders because minirigs take too long to build (my guess is it's something related to testing and QA... you can pull low-performing individual singles out of production after burn-in or perhaps even flash the firmware to convert them to little singles, but you have to actually open up a minirig to find and replace low-performing boards)

The MiniRig takes about an hour to build according to the main builder when asked by Josh in front of bcp19 and myself. They solved the problem of identifying low-performing boards after the build by testing each board prior to its placement. There may be other underlying reasons as to why MR production is scaled back/discontinued.

Yeah,its called "lack of parts" & "improper planning",which leads to the latter  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:03:36 PM

1) If a criminal even exhibts the same behaviour lock them up ... peodophiles should ALL be castrated

2) Nigga please ..I have been in IT business for 30+ years ...I have designed & built supply chain systems for blue chip companies one you would know of that is not australian is BRIGHTSTAR international & motorola in signapore ..I know what i am talking about...so I reject this outright

3)  I loled ... u refering to these ppl in the same sentance as APPLE ..and by the way they where an IPO listed company in aprox 3 years with a grow rate of 700% PA

4) Are u trying to claim that they do not have ANY personal mining for any of the DIRECTORS  ?

5) Why is everything they say is a lie .... It was all geared to get market share ..U where not around to see how they sucessfully killed the emerging FGPA market with the LIES that where told back then

6) The proof is there including the charge back dispute of the out of order miner

7) The information that is their speaks for itself and its plain as day MONARCH was a classic "BAIT & SWITCH"

Cool So much motive ...so much history of "MISTAKES" "HONEST ABE" "PAST TRACK RECORD"

The rest of this hot air about.... you have been around mining for years ..what a load of bullshit ..why then do u only have a BFL order for 2013+

Stop pretending to be something that u are not ... show us proof or something that would make us all think otherwise

As is my favourite saying in my world "Show me" translates to evidence based belief .. 1 + 1 = 2 .. i am not going to believe something based upon "GOOD FAITH" give me a break....  so far BFL have demonstrated total disrespect & "BAD FAITH" to everyone

erk arived the same way and said all the same types of evangelical "FAITH BASED RELIGIOUS" beliefs about BFL ...he now thinks differently about BFL as he did initially!!  you will as well given time   Wink
1) If you have PROOF of this ongoing behaviour, why have you not alerted authorities?  Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

2) <sigh> More names.  During this IT stint, how many brand new chips did you design FROM SCRATCH and built tens of thousands of systems with(needing millions of chips) to check out said supply line?  Link? Screenshot?  Proof?

3)  Wow, 700% .  They were pikers compaerd to the ~2000-3000% increase in orders from FPGA to ASIC in 1 year.

4)  I saw 4 small uncased units in Josh's office sporting a variety of different LED fans that were plugged in and running.  One of the fans even alternated between spelling out the company name and the temps of the device.  So technically, yes, Josh has a few, but it's not the room full of mini-rigs that you and the others dream there are.  Or do you have a link, a screenshot?  Proof?

5) I was not involved on this forum then, no, but I read through all of the threads from the FPGA days along with the current threads before I did place an order and then later register here.  You claim they lied, probably because they missed their speed and power estimates.  Links?  Proof?

6) Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

7) Ah. more buzz words.  Pre-judged as guilty.  Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

Cool Ah MOTIVE.  That must mean guilt.  Link?  Screenshot? Proof?

9) Again, why have you not gone to the authorities?  You claim to have all this FACTUAL knowledge of wrongdoing, so why have you not acted on it?  Why has your person involved in the BFL story not gone to the authorities?

Ok, questions for you,

A) Since I started reading this forum in April, wouldn't that have been my 'green' period?  How long does 'green' last?

B) WHEN did I claim that I was around mining for years?  I've stated "I've been involved longer than you think" but never put a number to it indicating years.

C) When did I claim to be something that I am not?  Link?

D)  How does your software engineering degree help you to so intimately know the workings of chip manufacturing?  As an IT, you're likely used to ordering from established companies with massive reputations, how many startups creating new chips from scratch did you work with during your 30+ years?

While I was an electronics technician for 20 year in the Navy, I spent 3 of those years as a systems operator when they networked all of the squadrons on the base as no one else had worked on computers as much as I had.  I started off taking old systems turned into DRMO and using the parts to build working systems.  We had ~35 computers when I started and had ~120 at the time the Navy decided to replace all existing computers with brand new Dells and to tie them all into a network.  I was sent to a course on server software installation and ran the server and managed the E-mail and Network credentials for over 300 people.  When the Navy started training up their own IT's I went back to my regular duties.  The latter part of my enlistment, I worked in research and development.  While I had nothing to do with the creation of products, I was involved in the initial testing and troubleshooting of them and had to write reports on what did and did not work. 

Since coming to this forum, I've done a lot of research on chip foundries and the manufacturing process.  While everyone is pointing to AM and Avalon for beating BFL to the punch, you fail to understand they were creating 8086 chips to BFL's Pentiums.  BitFury is now in full swing, but I notice their chips are downclocked to roughly 1/2 speed in order to hit their power specs, so they had some of the same problems BFL did, but tackled it in a different manner.

I'm still waiting on you to SHOW me the 1+1 and not ask me to take your faith that you claim this is 1 and that is 1.  Proof works both ways.  I have knowledge you do not, having spent time touring BFLs facility.  You refuse to accept that knowledge.  You claim to have knowledge that I do not, but you do not show that knowledge in a form that would hold up in a court of law.  If you have such proof, then let's the courts handle it, if you do not, then...

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:35:01 PM

1) If you have PROOF of this ongoing behaviour, why have you not alerted authorities?  Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

2) <sigh> More names.  During this IT stint, how many brand new chips did you design FROM SCRATCH and built tens of thousands of systems with(needing millions of chips) to check out said supply line?  Link? Screenshot?  Proof?

3)  Wow, 700% .  They were pikers compaerd to the ~2000-3000% increase in orders from FPGA to ASIC in 1 year.

4)  I saw 4 small uncased units in Josh's office sporting a variety of different LED fans that were plugged in and running.  One of the fans even alternated between spelling out the company name and the temps of the device.  So technically, yes, Josh has a few, but it's not the room full of mini-rigs that you and the others dream there are.  Or do you have a link, a screenshot?  Proof?

5) I was not involved on this forum then, no, but I read through all of the threads from the FPGA days along with the current threads before I did place an order and then later register here.  You claim they lied, probably because they missed their speed and power estimates.  Links?  Proof?

6) Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

7) Ah. more buzz words.  Pre-judged as guilty.  Link?  Screenshot?  Proof?

Cool Ah MOTIVE.  That must mean guilt.  Link?  Screenshot? Proof?

9) Again, why have you not gone to the authorities?  You claim to have all this FACTUAL knowledge of wrongdoing, so why have you not acted on it?  Why has your person involved in the BFL story not gone to the authorities?

Ok, questions for you,

A) Since I started reading this forum in April, wouldn't that have been my 'green' period?  How long does 'green' last?

B) WHEN did I claim that I was around mining for years?  I've stated "I've been involved longer than you think" but never put a number to it indicating years.

C) When did I claim to be something that I am not?  Link?

D)  How does your software engineering degree help you to so intimately know the workings of chip manufacturing?  As an IT, you're likely used to ordering from established companies with massive reputations, how many startups creating new chips from scratch did you work with during your 30+ years?

While I was an electronics technician for 20 year in the Navy, I spent 3 of those years as a systems operator when they networked all of the squadrons on the base as no one else had worked on computers as much as I had.  I started off taking old systems turned into DRMO and using the parts to build working systems.  We had ~35 computers when I started and had ~120 at the time the Navy decided to replace all existing computers with brand new Dells and to tie them all into a network.  I was sent to a course on server software installation and ran the server and managed the E-mail and Network credentials for over 300 people.  When the Navy started training up their own IT's I went back to my regular duties.  The latter part of my enlistment, I worked in research and development.  While I had nothing to do with the creation of products, I was involved in the initial testing and troubleshooting of them and had to write reports on what did and did not work.  

Since coming to this forum, I've done a lot of research on chip foundries and the manufacturing process.  While everyone is pointing to AM and Avalon for beating BFL to the punch, you fail to understand they were creating 8086 chips to BFL's Pentiums.  BitFury is now in full swing, but I notice their chips are downclocked to roughly 1/2 speed in order to hit their power specs, so they had some of the same problems BFL did, but tackled it in a different manner.

I'm still waiting on you to SHOW me the 1+1 and not ask me to take your faith that you claim this is 1 and that is 1.  Proof works both ways.  I have knowledge you do not, having spent time touring BFLs facility.  You refuse to accept that knowledge.  You claim to have knowledge that I do not, but you do not show that knowledge in a form that would hold up in a court of law.  If you have such proof, then let's the courts handle it, if you do not, then...

Josh has a mining company and thats how he got started in his relationship with BFL ..he recently divested the farm as he had sold shares and plz lost ~30% of their money ...so I think your exhasutive research that u have done is flawed !

Millions of chips ...wow how do they even make 1 miner... It does not take 18 months to stabilize & supply chain & also they have had ALL of the money for ALL for the componets for 14 months ...even with the change in power specs required them to order more parts to make up to the hash rate meant that they had to order more of the same

So what happended here a) They did not order the parts (they put hand on heart many times saying that they had ) or was this another accidental lie ??

Once the power issues where known how does it take 8 months to order parts... all of these are common on mouser/digikey/farnell take your pick

I.E Modern commercial supply chain systems 6 weeks u can have anything apart from the custome ASIC chip itself & thats if these common parts are not available from the multiple suppliers

You know this i know this so explain how this problem of parts and pcb's has occured or is this the same mistake repeated time after time after time again ...

Just because u are now an expert on everything crypto because u read the forums does not mean u have any wisdom on this situation

7)  more buzz words...  u are being obtuse  ...what are u denying that they anounced delivery in December & then it changed to Jan & feb  2 days later ...its common knowledge and the posts /links are documeneted ...very accessible for somebody who has read & knows everything

Listen to what u are saying from our collective perspective ... I have read everything & now know everything & you guys are all completely wrong on all of these occasions

I have no more energy to engage in this fruitless exercise as u seem to know more than i do .. hmm thats great lets watch and see ... even though they have now screwed over every customer that still has a order with them

OBJECT NOT FOUND
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

I have no more energy to engage in this fruitless exercise as u seem to know more than i do .. hmm thats great lets watch and see ... even though they have now screwed over every customer that still has a order with them

Good then can you shut the fuck up please?

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:48:34 PM

That statement about the majority was made on Aug 19th at which time the network speed was ~465TH.  They would have only needed 233TH to have the majority.  Just recently someone posted a screenshot of Josh saying 30-45% of the network depending on what you consider it to be at the moment.  That would make it 300+TH at this time.  Around 67TH difference in a month.

Everyone thought at the time that BFL could not have that much due to the Avalon chips, but we've all seen what happened with Avalon.  If Avalon didn't have that 150TH from the chips that everyone was saying they did, who did have it?

See my below quote from the other BFL thread.

I would like to note that BFL's monarch page currently states:
So fast forward to our first generation ASIC chip which was an original design.  We delivered exactly the speed promised, but the power consumption was higher than predicted.  That caused a controversial release delay while we adjusted the PCB to accommodate additional power.  That 65nm ASIC chip is now powering the majority of the bitcoin network
bcp19

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:54:14 PM

That statement about the majority was made on Aug 19th at which time the network speed was ~465TH.  They would have only needed 233TH to have the majority.  Just recently someone posted a screenshot of Josh saying 30-45% of the network depending on what you consider it to be at the moment.  That would make it 300+TH at this time.  Around 67TH difference in a month.

Everyone thought at the time that BFL could not have that much due to the Avalon chips, but we've all seen what happened with Avalon.  If Avalon didn't have that 150TH from the chips that everyone was saying they did, who did have it?

So fast forward to our first generation ASIC chip which was an original design.  We delivered exactly the speed promised, but the power consumption was higher than predicted.  That caused a controversial release delay while we adjusted the PCB to accommodate additional power.  That 65nm ASIC chip is now powering the majority of the bitcoin network
And that quote was ORIGINALLY made over a month ago.  It's something that every company out there does, they state their claim to fame and when it changes, none of them update it.  It's so sad you require a different example from one company while ignoring all the others that do the same.  I think the terminology is Hypocrite

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:47:38 PM

And that quote was ORIGINALLY made over a month ago.  It's something that every company out there does, they state their claim to fame and when it changes, none of them update it.  It's so sad you require a different example from one company while ignoring all the others that do the same.  I think the terminology is Hypocrite
The proper term is "misleading" or perhaps even "False Perceptions".
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:53:55 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:18:50 PM by dwdoc

I apologize profusely to those who have been waiting for delivery from BFL, in some cases for over a year, and I realize this may be adding salt to the wound but in the interest of full disclosure they appear to be sending out bulk chip orders on schedule. I received my chips exactly 100 days after paying my deposit. I bought from KnCminer and Metabank at the same time and have received nothing so far from them. Not sure whether this is because it's much simpler to send just chips (Avalon chip buyers might disagree) or because BFL was motivated to collect the balance due on delivery. However this might be a better pre-order model going forward: Collect half upfront and half on delivery...

Again so sorry to be jumping the queue, but don't be too worried. I don't think anyone expected this and it will be awhile before any BFL clone boards are hashing...
bcp19

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:56:57 PM

I apologize profusely to those who have been waiting for delivery from BFL, in some cases for over a year, and I realize this may be adding salt to the wound but in the interest of full disclosure they appear to be sending our bulk chip orders on schedule. I received my chips exactly 100 days after paying my deposit. I bought from KnCminer and Metabank at the same time and have received nothing so far from them. Not sure whether this is because it's much simpler to send just chips (Avalon chip buyers might disagree) or because BFL was motivated to collect the balance due on delivery. However this might be a better pre-order model going forward: Collect half upfront and half on delivery...

Again so sorry to be jumping the queue, but don't be too worried. I don't think anyone expected this and it will be awhile before any BFL clone boards are hashing...
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!  You can't SAY that!!!  No one will believe BFL shipped something ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:02:09 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!  You can't SAY that!!!  No one will believe BFL shipped something ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 on-time
10,000 late

Has BFL set the bar so low that 1 out of 10,000 is good news? I guess so.

Buy & Hold
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

I apologize profusely to those who have been waiting for delivery from BFL, in some cases for over a year, and I realize this may be adding salt to the wound but in the interest of full disclosure they appear to be sending our bulk chip orders on schedule. I received my chips exactly 100 days after paying my deposit. I bought from KnCminer and Metabank at the same time and have received nothing so far from them. Not sure whether this is because it's much simpler to send just chips (Avalon chip buyers might disagree) or because BFL was motivated to collect the balance due on delivery. However this might be a better pre-order model going forward: Collect half upfront and half on delivery...

I'm always up for hearing good stories about BFL.

Thanks for Sharing and good luck with your projects.
chalidore

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:10:14 PM

I got a tracking number for my October order yesterday, and I expect to be getting my January order next week at the current delivery rate. I mined with FPGA units for over a year, and I made a lot of BTC with them. I took advantage of the FPGA upgrade option. I will probably take advantage of the 25% off voucher to get a Monarch or two. Waiting sucks, but overall I would say BFL has helped me mine more successfully.
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:13:37 PM

Just because another company may make a similar (misleading) mistake with their marketing does not make it right. I would agree with you if that page was dated, but sadly it is not. How would a potential customer know that part is no longer accurate?

Honestly I am only commenting on this because you have been defending this point several times. They have already admitted that this claim is no longer accurate, so whats the problem with removing it from the current, undated marketing page on their site?
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM

I apologize profusely to those who have been waiting for delivery from BFL, in some cases for over a year, and I realize this may be adding salt to the wound but in the interest of full disclosure they appear to be sending out bulk chip orders on schedule. I received my chips exactly 100 days after paying my deposit. I bought from KnCminer and Metabank at the same time and have received nothing so far from them. Not sure whether this is because it's much simpler to send just chips (Avalon chip buyers might disagree) or because BFL was motivated to collect the balance due on delivery. However this might be a better pre-order model going forward: Collect half upfront and half on delivery...

Can you post a picture of your chips?
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Easy to explain, they had nothing to do with the chips except order them and deliver them.

Now if when the chips came in they had to do anything with them, then they would be late.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: