Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:10:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42457 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:31:01 AM

Great info from the team clarifying the integral role of the tokens in the financing aspect of Cryptoflix. It will be interesting to see how Cryptoflix’s risk scoring system performs to the real world popularity/performance of the films; some of the most-hyped (and favourably reviewed by critics) movies have flopped on opening.

webwakko

Activity: 350

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:39:44 AM

Hey everyone, Christian here from CRYPTOFLIX.

There have been some questions about how the CRYPTOFLIX Film Marketplace will work and what types of projects we expect to see. Also, there seems to be a belief that major filmmakers and studios have enough money to finance films by themselves, so I just wanted to share some of the ideas and plans we have regarding this.

First of all, financing a film or a TV series is not easy for most filmmakers, even for good ones. There seems to often be a gap of 15-20% which is typically financed by wealthy individuals or investment companies. Sometimes the last part is financed by banks or other specialized film financing sources. Very often there are many layers of financing and as these layers are in different positions when the income from the film starts to flow, there are different layers of risks and rewards involved.

Our aim is to help top quality film producers, sales agents, distributors and other film industry players to achieve funding for their projects, while at the same time offer the FLIX token holders the opportunity to act as financiers to enable them to achieve a return on the transaction.

In the White Paper we have used the example below:

A renowned producer is seeking gap financing for an English language horror movie. The movie will star a cast of renowned, but not “A-List”, actors.

Token holders can invest in the offered film projects with the returns and conditions offered in a term sheet. This will provide FLIX token holders with a unique opportunity to finance film projects, while fully aware of the risks and returns involved. The CRYPTOFLIX risk score will take into consideration the cast, the genre, the director, producer and key crew attached as well as other factors such as projected market penetration and income, which will serve as a guide for the token holder into the profitable world of film financing.

Other examples of potential projects needing financing could be:

A high quality independent film project, which unexpectedly attracts an A-List Actor to star. This happens and the producers will need to quickly find the extra financing to be able to cover the increased cost, which they are naturally willing to bear because the involvement of a star actor could hugely affect the financial outcome of a film.

Or

A distributor wants to pre-buy the rights to distribute a quality film and is looking for financing to be able to enter into an agreement with the sales agent before a film festival. A distributor is first in line to receive his/her share of the profits and the risk is different than that of the producer.

Now finally regarding the investment process we will use Smart Contracts and internal 1:1 fiat pegged stable FilmCoins to avoid exposure to the potential fluctuations in the crypto currency prices.
As a FLIX Token holder, you will have access to the CRYPTOFLIX Film Marketplace, where you will be able to see the projects you can invest in and their term sheets. When you invest in a project, CRYPTOFLIX will deposit your FLIX Tokens into a FilmCoin smart contract and you will receive 1:1 fiat pegged internal FilmCoins which represent your investment.
If and when the film project is a success and recoups profits, the initial FLIX Tokens used as collateral is returned to your digital wallet, while the yield is given as internal FilmCoins.
I personally think that this is a film financing platform which has a big potential. Please read the white paper on www.cryptoflix.io.

I hope that helps.

Christian Falkenberg Husum
CEO of CRYPTOFLIX

well, that kinda sums it up I guess Smiley
am I correct that this is more like some kind of crowdfunding to support filmmakers?
(I know, in fact the whole crypto scene is a crowdfund, but this is more clear)

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:45:10 AM

There have been some questions about how the CRYPTOFLIX Film Marketplace will work and what types of projects we expect to see. Also, there seems to be a belief that major filmmakers and studios have enough money to finance films by themselves, so I just wanted to share some of the ideas and plans we have regarding this.

First of all, financing a film or a TV series is not easy for most filmmakers, even for good ones. There seems to often be a gap of 15-20% which is typically financed by wealthy individuals or investment companies. Sometimes the last part is financed by banks or other specialized film financing sources. Very often there are many layers of financing and as these layers are in different positions when the income from the film starts to flow, there are different layers of risks and rewards involved.

Our aim is to help top quality film producers, sales agents, distributors and other film industry players to achieve funding for their projects, while at the same time offer the FLIX token holders the opportunity to act as financiers to enable them to achieve a return on the transaction.

A renowned producer is seeking gap financing for an English language horror movie. The movie will star a cast of renowned, but not “A-List”, actors.

Token holders can invest in the offered film projects with the returns and conditions offered in a term sheet. This will provide FLIX token holders with a unique opportunity to finance film projects, while fully aware of the risks and returns involved. The CRYPTOFLIX risk score will take into consideration the cast, the genre, the director, producer and key crew attached as well as other factors such as projected market penetration and income, which will serve as a guide for the token holder into the profitable world of film financing.

A high quality independent film project, which unexpectedly attracts an A-List Actor to star. This happens and the producers will need to quickly find the extra financing to be able to cover the increased cost, which they are naturally willing to bear because the involvement of a star actor could hugely affect the financial outcome of a film.

Or

A distributor wants to pre-buy the rights to distribute a quality film and is looking for financing to be able to enter into an agreement with the sales agent before a film festival. A distributor is first in line to receive his/her share of the profits and the risk is different than that of the producer.

Now finally regarding the investment process we will use Smart Contracts and internal 1:1 fiat pegged stable FilmCoins to avoid exposure to the potential fluctuations in the crypto currency prices.
As a FLIX Token holder, you will have access to the CRYPTOFLIX Film Marketplace, where you will be able to see the projects you can invest in and their term sheets. When you invest in a project, CRYPTOFLIX will deposit your FLIX Tokens into a FilmCoin smart contract and you will receive 1:1 fiat pegged internal FilmCoins which represent your investment.
If and when the film project is a success and recoups profits, the initial FLIX Tokens used as collateral is returned to your digital wallet, while the yield is given as internal FilmCoins.
I personally think that this is a film financing platform which has a big potential. Please read the white paper on www.cryptoflix.io.

I hope that helps.

CEO of CRYPTOFLIX

Hey, thanks for this explanation. I have a question about it.

You said if you invest in the project with your flix tokens, you get the amount back + the share of profit as FilmCoins. Can I trade them directly into FLIX coins at your platform or do I have to use them for other investments or exchange them on crypto exchanges?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:46:13 AM

Or

I hope that helps.

CEO of CRYPTOFLIX

Thanks for your detailed answer. I will definitely invest in a movie. I hope i choose right. Still it will be a very enjoyable investment for me.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:01:40 AM

So, for investing in a movie you basically use a new USD pegged token, right? That would make much more sense than locking the volatile Flix tokens for a long time.
xayan123
Copper Member

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

Lol. Let's cryptoflix and chill.  Grin

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:11:30 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 06:52:51 AM by Frank37

I like movie esspecialy with no boobs and sex.
Many people would like to see movie especialy with boobs and sex, but they wont pay for it. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:54:07 AM

Great info from the team clarifying the integral role of the tokens in the financing aspect of Cryptoflix. It will be interesting to see how Cryptoflix’s risk scoring system performs to the real world popularity/performance of the films; some of the most-hyped (and favourably reviewed by critics) movies have flopped on opening.

Good indeed to hear some clarification as most of us probably don't have a slightest idea about the movie funding process. I think this is a feature that set apart this project from others. Wondering when we will get first news about partnerships with some film studios.

BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:54:16 AM

Hi everyone - Christian form CRYPTOFLIX here.

Because our name is similar to "Netflix", then there is an assumption that we will have a subscription service. This is not the plan. Our business model is very different from Netflix in that Netflix license content, which is not new to the VOD window, but which is comparable to Pay TV albeit without a fixed schedule. They are focussing more and more on their own content now and has become somewhat of a studio themselves. Our model for paid content is more like that of iTunes but for people without apple devices and with a much more flexible pricing structure. A lot of content will be free and there is no need to have a subscription to watch the free content, however if you use the free content for commercial activities, there is a subscription option for this. The other elements of the business model - especially the Film Financing Market but also ebooks, film production and licensing of the anti piracy tech are all in addition to the main business model, however in themselves potentially big, so there are multiple ways of making CryptoFlix into a successful business.

Join us!
Thanks for the clarification. Prompt access will be granted to all devices? TV, phones, computers?

We will be able to be used on all platforms

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
BTCBusinessConsult

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:54:43 AM

Good indeed to hear some clarification as most of us probably don't have a slightest idea about the movie funding process. I think this is a feature that set apart this project from others. Wondering when we will get first news about partnerships with some film studios.

We will be sure to keep you guys updated ASAP!!

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
BTCBusinessConsult

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:55:07 AM

Here is some FAQ, thought you guys might find this helpful!
CryptoFlix FAQ
1.   What is the token price and total token sale
 The goal is to raise US$25 million and the token price has provisionally been set at 2.500 Tokens per ETH contributed or 0,0004 ETH per token, however the price per FLIX token may be adjusted closer to the ICO depending on the ETH Price fluctuations. Total tokens available for sale is 57 million (out of 100 million)

2.   What is the information regarding presale, and public sale
 We have provisionally set an ICO date for April 15 to May 15. There may be a pre-sale, but we have not yet decided

3.   What are the soft and hardcaps for the project
Soft cap is 7,500,000 FLIX and the hard cap is 57,000,000 FLIX.

4.   Will there be a whitelist
Yes – sign up on Cryptoflix.io

5.   What is the KYC –
 TBD – in accordance with Barbados regulations

6.   When will you be on exchanges –
 We cannot say anything about this – the main focus for us is developing the software and getting the platform on the market

7.   When will tokens distribution take place –
 as soon as possible after the ICO

8.   What is the website and where is whitepaper
cryptoflix.io/https://cryptoflix.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Cryptoflix-WhitePaper.pdf
9.   Who are members of the team in TG

Christian Falkenberg Husum – Founder, CEO and producer

Stefan Steen Larsen - Co-founder, COO and digital rights exploitation expert

Bastian Larsen – Full Stack Developer

Gabriela Y. Rios – Marketing Manager

Peter Rommel – Producer, Advisory board member, CRYPTOFLIX

Edward Arentz – Film Distributor, Advisory board member, CRYPTOFLIX

Mike Boutwell – IT-Architect, Advisory board member, CRYPTOFLIX

Jonathan Brathwaite - Legal Advisor

George Thomas - Blockchain developer

10.   What is an email address to get in touch with the team –
 hello@cryptoflix.io

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:56:10 AM

Or

I hope that helps.

CEO of CRYPTOFLIX

Thanks for your detailed answer. I will definitely invest in a movie. I hope i choose right. Still it will be a very enjoyable investment for me.

thanks for clarifying about the volatile crypto market issue, this explaination in itself looks like the whitepaper..
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:23:01 AM

thanks too for clarifying about the volatile Crypto Markets issue.

yeah, makes sense that they would adjust the ETH/token price closed to the ICO considering current market conditions.

CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:31:20 AM

jep, they would be great if they adjust the ETH/token price closed to the ICO considering current market conditions.  Smiley
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:37:34 AM

thanks too for clarifying about the volatile Crypto Markets issue.

yeah, makes sense that they would adjust the ETH/token price closed to the ICO considering current market conditions.

The ICO date is April 15 to May 15, who knows how the market will look like by than, everything could happen

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:05:42 PM

I like movie esspecialy with no boobs and sex.

What?? Where's the fun in that?!

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:17:51 PM

is there any info about adult movies, are going to be in or not?

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
BTCBusinessConsult

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:32:34 PM

CryptoFlix is NOT going to be an adult movie platform.

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

how will it work? like netflix? you buy a basic subscription to watch all movies or buy them individually, then receiving coins while watching. then using those coins to vote and create a budget for original series? sounds like a pretty nice idea!
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

how will it work? like netflix? you buy a basic subscription to watch all movies or buy them individually, then receiving coins while watching. then using those coins to vote and create a budget for original series? sounds like a pretty nice idea!
Check this post dude
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2871239.msg29576757#msg29576757
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: