Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
atletiaficionado

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

What Lord, FSM? What are you doing?
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:28:58 AM

Added a Win32 Anti-dust Client for anyone who may be interested: (use standard upgrade procedure).

Who is this for: Aimed at users who dislike dust and wallet bloat over long periods of time, or experience high CPU usage.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/AntiDust/

Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32-10day.zip
md5 5AD5749AF9D1F55F948996F57C8D6033

Code:
Standard client will attempt to make stake every 5 days, and repeat this process every 5 days creating 'dust' i.e.> interest on interest, and many txs over long time periods.
This anti-dust client will target 10 days instead, which:

Lowers wallet bloat
Lowers cpu usage (only attempts stakes 10 days old not 5)
Lowers dust by large amounts over longer time frames (10 day cycle vrs. 5).

example:
If you held some stones for 5 days before and minted 3 new stones, this client will allow you to mint 6 after 10 days (double mint for double time 1/2 the txs and bloat).

Enjoy!

PS to see which client is running help>about Philiosopherstone > the last digits .10 mean 10 day stake client.

Jabulon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:55:26 AM

Added a Win32 Anti-dust Client for anyone who may be interested: (use standard upgrade procedure).

Who is this for: Aimed at users who dislike dust and wallet bloat over long periods of time, or experience high CPU usage.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/AntiDust/

Philosopherstone-1.3.4-win32-10day.zip
md5 5AD5749AF9D1F55F948996F57C8D6033

Code:
Standard client will attempt to make stake every 5 days, and repeat this process every 5 days creating 'dust' i.e.> interest on interest, and many txs over long time periods.
This anti-dust client will target 10 days instead, which:

Lowers wallet bloat
Lowers cpu usage (only attempts stakes 10 days old not 5)
Lowers dust by large amounts over longer time frames (10 day cycle vrs. 5).

example:
If you held some stones for 5 days before and minted 3 new stones, this client will allow you to mint 6 after 10 days (double mint for double time 1/2 the txs and bloat).

Enjoy!

PS to see which client is running help>about Philiosopherstone > the last digits .10 mean 10 day stake client.

Brilliant. Thank you!

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:55:13 AM

I have a couple of questions, if this has been answered already please forgive me.

1.  Does my wallet have to be unlocked for coins to stake or does the striking work with the wallet locked as well as long as it is opened a synched every few days or once a week?
2.  Is there a minimum number of coins needed to be held in the wallet for staking new coins to be possible?
StakeHunter

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:18:51 AM

Is there any chance to put a request out there for the dev team?

How about:
-coin control
-multi-wallet load capability

It would make maintaining stake a whole lot easier.
romeshomey

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:51:25 PM

Are there any sources to start a p2pool for PHS?   Or are there any p2pools which already exist?
romeshomey

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:24:25 PM

I cannot figure out how to mint with the wallet.

I have unlocked the wallet using the console.  In the lower right hand corner the lock appears unlocked and the overlib reads 'wallet is encrypted and unlocked'.

Is there something else I need to do?  

Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

I have unlocked the wallet using the console.  In the lower right hand corner the lock appears unlocked and the overlib reads 'wallet is encrypted and unlocked'.

Just wait for your coins to start staking. You'll begin to see minted amounts come in. It doesn't happen instantaneously. FYI make sure you delete your unlock command from console history as it contains your password in plaintext. I recently read another thread where someone lost 25k coins, apparently due to forgetting this step.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
romeshomey

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:41:30 PM

Just wait for your coins to start staking. You'll begin to see minted amounts come in. It doesn't happen instantaneously. FYI make sure you delete your unlock command from console history as it contains your password in plaintext. I recently read another thread where someone lost 25k coins, apparently due to forgetting this step.

Ok.  So just open the wallet, unlock, allow it to sync, then lock again? 
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 05:51:15 PM

Ok.  So just open the wallet, unlock, allow it to sync, then lock again? 

Try leaving it open for a few hours. It's somewhat random when you get stake payout. No worries, your coins continue to accrue age and will pay out accordingly when you get a PoS minted block.

romeshomey

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:02:28 PM

Thank you.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:05:16 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 09:46:59 PM by Palmdetroit

I have a couple of questions, if this has been answered already please forgive me.

1.  Does my wallet have to be unlocked for coins to stake or does the striking work with the wallet locked as well as long as it is opened a synched every few days or once a week?
2.  Is there a minimum number of coins needed to be held in the wallet for staking new coins to be possible?

1) Yes. If you can just leave your wallet running all the time and unlock it once every week or two to stake then walletlock again and repeat. (best for network will add this to OP)
2) No, but larger amounts may stake sooner. (small amounts will continue to accumulate, and eventually stake)

How about:
-coin control

Yes I am familiar with coincontrol , I like it, but right now may just add confusion to client and with the fast stake turnaround, low TXs, its not as usefull as with longer cycle coins, , when PHS grows, can be added, however.
Not familiar with coding multiwallet but will take a look, PM some clients with this functionality and I'll see if it would be easy to implement.

PS enjoy your PoS thread, keep it up.

Are there any sources to start a p2pool for PHS?   Or are there any p2pools which already exist?

Hi, Yes it has been tried before but was not very successful. You may have better luck running your own MPOS perhaps, or looking at early in this thead for the previous PHS p2pool setup.

Ok.  So just open the wallet, unlock, allow it to sync, then lock again?  

Try leaving it open for a few hours. It's somewhat random when you get stake payout. No worries, your coins continue to accrue age and will pay out accordingly when you get a PoS minted block.

Stake (Interest) will continue to accumulate the longer it takes (can be quite long with small inputs but you will be looking at 5-15 days at the minimum).
 But yes you need to be fully synced and wallet unlock for your client to attempt to MINT,
so you can let it run, or just try again in a few days or maybe a week (you will just mint for a larger amount).

Also you can go into debug and type 'getmininginfo' so see your stake weight accumulating (to know its working and not losing stake/interest)

And yes unlocking in console is not recommended, Stoned.exe is included in main release to be used for locking and unlocking, maybe I can add a shortcut to release to make using this easier

romeshomey

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

And yes unlocking in console is not recommended, Stoned.exe is included in main release to be used for locking and unlocking, maybe I can add a shortcut to release to make using this easier[/b]

Oh, so thats what the stoned.exe is for.   LOL

"StakeReadyStones" : 0,
"stakeinterest" : 0,

romeshomey

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:37:28 PM

I don't notice anything happen when I run the stoned.exe other than a command prompt window open and close real fast.  Could you explain how that is used? 
romeshomey

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

nevermind, i found the thread on the subject here..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

Yes, it's been there for a while and covers the bases. Nonetheless, I think it would be classier to have a step by step on our own thread, re-written for PHS rather than copped from somewhere else. I'd do it myself if I had any time lol.

therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:46:49 PM

Yes, it's been there for a while and covers the bases. Nonetheless, I think it would be classier to have a step by step on our own thread, re-written for PHS rather than copped from somewhere else. I'd do it myself if I had any time lol.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502579.0

I made something specified to Philosopherstone. Unfortunately it looks ways better in my word than in this thread, anyway i give Palmdetroit the right to add this text on the main post and on the Website if it helps.

Greetings
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:59:22 PM

And yes unlocking in console is not recommended, Stoned.exe is included in main release to be used for locking and unlocking, maybe I can add a shortcut to release to make using this easier[/b]

Oh, so thats what the stoned.exe is for.   LOL

LOL Yes it's why it's always included, you guys kill me.

It's the client without any bells and whistles, you can run it and get the black window and do something like. (in cmd prompt)

stoned.exe getinfo

or

stoned.exe getmininginfo

etc.

Just no GUI.

I made something specified to Philosopherstone. Unfortunately it looks ways better in my word than in this thread, anyway i give Palmdetroit the right to add this text on the main post and on the Website if it helps.

Greetings

Thanks, was going to do this someday, will add link!

Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:35:28 PM

Oh, so thats what the stoned.exe is for.   LOL

LOL Yes it's why it's always included, you guys kill me.

It's the client without any bells and whistles, you can run it and get the black window and do something like. (in cmd prompt)

stoned.exe getinfo

or

stoned.exe getmininginfo

etc.

Just no GUI.

Greetings

Thanks, was going to do this someday, will add link!

Brilliant - thanks gents.

digitsmith

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:12:28 AM

How about:
-coin control

Agreed.

I'm using these features in HBN - must have in my opinion to effectively manage PoS coins.
Will be great to have consistency re more advanced wallet features.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: