Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:33:11 PM

I keep asking cryptsy for an eta, but they still don't have one...It's been 5 days. A hamster could've fixed the problem by now. Not the least bit impressed with cryptsy's response. At least they've finally stopped claiming the problem is on my end. It feels like progress.

I messaged them ~2 days ago to pause PHS to limit any possible issues with the recent fork, and have been waiting for explorers / users to update. I will notify them regardless very soon since I understand the frustration, but fwiw my experience with cryptsy has been fine in the past. Coinex is also an option, and currently active I sent a message about the update.

(there is about 20 nodes on the fork as of this post, and I see 170+ correct) this is slowly improving.

Thank you for explaining. I misinterpreted your last post on this subject. I trust your judgment on this.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

I keep asking cryptsy for an eta, but they still don't have one...It's been 5 days. A hamster could've fixed the problem by now. Not the least bit impressed with cryptsy's response. At least they've finally stopped claiming the problem is on my end. It feels like progress.

I messaged them ~2 days ago to pause PHS to limit any possible issues with the recent fork, and have been waiting for explorers / users to update. I will notify them regardless very soon since I understand the frustration, but fwiw my experience with cryptsy has been fine in the past. Coinex is also an option, and currently active I sent a message about the update.

(there is about 20 nodes on the fork as of this post, and I see 170+ correct) this is slowly improving.

Thank you for explaining. I misinterpreted your last post on this subject. I trust your judgment on this.

Thanks, I understand with the history of all the hacks/scams and other shenanigans in cryptos why everyone wants to hold their coins.

solarion

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:00:18 AM

Thanks, I understand with the history of all the hacks/scams and other shenanigans in cryptos why everyone wants to hold their coins.

x2 when it's the best PoS coin around. I want them in my wallet...making baby stones. Grin
DKdance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:04:12 AM

Don't forget PHS added on Mintpal Vote List. Mintpal is one front-runner xchange: https://www.mintpal.com/voting (firefox: ctr + f PHS)

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
Xenopus

Activity: 137

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

My repaired wallet just minted new stones, I'm happy to report.

BTC: 17mV6VCMnbYbrhJfsxCEZm9y3CL1qb6jFC
DKdance

Activity: 168

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:56:41 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 04:09:21 AM by DKdance

My repaired wallet just minted new stones, I'm happy to report.
Happy to hear that welcome in da train !

I post it to promote minting with PHS ^^

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
mighty jol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:30:35 PM

new client syncyng was even faster than before, really happy this has ssl thing has been fixed asap.
new stakes coming in ^^ ; I am buying new stones every week now Cheesy

mxn

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:56:43 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:14:35 PM by mxn

Do you know if a PHS deposit to cryptsy is working?

Thanks pointing out an alternative, but reading the scam warning chat and thin order size on Coinex made me better avoid it.
Cryptsy still my first choice, they working good since a year, just the support may slow and many peoples coinage worst now...

So until my PHS is stuck, i beg for a little donation to see how the wallet is minting, thanks: 9p4G916CnzKeq3RCGRn6tdwkDFeu7xzPP6

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:16:05 PM

Do you know if a PHS deposit to cryptsy is working?

Thanks pointing out an alternative, but reading the scam warning chat and thin order size on Coinex made me better avoid it.
Cryptsy still my first choice, they working good since a year, just the support may slow and many peoples coinage worst now...

So until my PHS is stuck, i beg for a little donation to see how the wallet is minting, thanks: 9p4G916CnzKeq3RCGRn6tdwkDFeu7xzPP6

Even though there are some forked clients (20-25) out there still (and 1 explorer is on it and 1 is stuck) I have contacted Cryptsy with the updated source information, so should be up and running soon. What is this about scam warning chat? you mean on the site? I haven't actually used coinex for many months but was unaware.

solarion

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:28:18 PM

Coinex has been locking withdrawals on various coins without warning. This after the theft and shutdown which they seemed to recover from(I got every bitcent out at this point). When they re-opened trading 11 days after their most recent theft they failed to clear their order books which was umm...really really dumb to put it bluntly. I pretty much stopped following them after that.

Thanks for the headsup on cryptsy!
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

sweet I can't wait to get my PHS out of cryptsy.

Price is also starting to rise a bit.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:17:02 PM

Coinex has been locking withdrawals on various coins without warning. This after the theft and shutdown which they seemed to recover from(I got every bitcent out at this point). When they re-opened trading 11 days after their most recent theft they failed to clear their order books which was umm...really really dumb to put it bluntly. I pretty much stopped following them after that.

Thanks for the headsup on cryptsy!

wow, ya thanks for the headsup as well, I remember them shutting down for a few days some time ago and thought they were gone for good, I'll have to read up on current event.

also added mintpal to main post on this thread for voting.

mxn

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM

As soon withdraw/deposit is fixed on cryptsy a higher volume (up or down?) can be expect.

A few more exchanges would be nice, i am voting for PHS on https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Btw. i had my thinking on the the optimum rate of stake by guessing ca. half of it will be fresh liquidity for the markets.
Only time will tell how lower or higher interest as with Blackcoin (1%) or Mintcoin (20/15/10/5%) will perform,
but PHS makes me a perfect answer to Mr. Ackermann (Banker), who insolently claimed 25% for his biz.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

As soon withdraw/deposit is fixed on cryptsy a higher volume (up or down?) can be expect.

A few more exchanges would be nice, i am voting for PHS on https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Btw. i had my thinking on the the optimum rate of stake by guessing ca. half of it will be fresh liquidity for the markets.
Only time will tell how lower or higher interest as with Blackcoin (1%) or Mintcoin (20/15/10/5%) will perform,
but PHS makes me a perfect answer to Mr. Ackermann (Banker), who insolently claimed 25% for his biz.

I watch most of the PoS based coins to see real world examples, as its very interesting to me long term. 50% sounds high traditionally when comparing to 'real world assets' ie. savings accounts, bonds, stocks, etc... in cryptos, however,  you factor in lost days from tx's, exchanges and pools not staking, and the big tx fee destruction (right now its .01 per tx or 1 stone per 100tx standard tx, lost or forgotten paswords/wallets, And you get closer to 15% or less?  Just monitor current money supply and come to your own conclusion, will we hit 2 million at 1 year?  Compare this to bitcoin inflation 2nd year was 100%!

1% with fee destruction and you'll have deflationary crypto. If we went PoS only, stone creation would be very very low, too low really (for now), it may already be a liquidity problem and why high money supply coins have been doing quite well. (blackcoin 75 million is even small to some of these newer ones)

Ultimately, It's really up to the userbase, PHS is open source and open for other developers too. I think even a reduction to 25% and removal of PoW would keep the stone supply constant. Factors such as increase TX usage would make it deflationary even now quite easily (with larger adoption or even a simple site like dice).

as far as my estimates based on some querries run on the chain, about 80-90% of pow created stones are sold very quickly, with 10-20% of PoS being sold. IE stakers tend to reinvest, miners tend to sell.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:49:46 PM

the new wallet has same problem. it got stuck.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:53:06 PM

the new wallet has same problem. it got stuck.

If it seems stuck at near then end for some time, you can try to stop client and restart and see if it works. If not,

Muzzargh resolved similar 'stuck' issue going to http://dns.phstones.com  (gets a fresh list of 50 good nodes) , paste them into .conf and run wallet.

mxn

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:20:39 PM

I watch most of the PoS based coins to see real world examples, as its very interesting to me long term. 50% sounds high traditionally when comparing to 'real world assets' ie. savings accounts, bonds, stocks, etc... in cryptos, however,  you factor in lost days from tx's, exchanges and pools not staking, and the big tx fee destruction (right now its .01 per tx or 1 stone per 100tx standard tx, lost or forgotten paswords/wallets, And you get closer to 15% or less?  Just monitor current money supply and come to your own conclusion, will we hit 2 million at 1 year?  Compare this to bitcoin inflation 2nd year was 100%!

1% with fee destruction and you'll have deflationary crypto. If we went PoS only, stone creation would be very very low, too low really (for now), it may already be a liquidity problem and why high money supply coins have been doing quite well. (blackcoin 75 million is even small to some of these newer ones)

Ultimately, It's really up to the userbase, PHS is open source and open for other developers too. I think even a reduction to 25% and removal of PoW would keep the stone supply constant. Factors such as increase TX usage would make it deflationary even now quite easily (with larger adoption or even a simple site like dice).

as far as my estimates based on some querries run on the chain, about 80-90% of pow created stones are sold very quickly, with 10-20% of PoS being sold. IE stakers tend to reinvest, miners tend to sell.

"miners tend to sell" this made ie. Freicoin are very hard standing, wonder how all the srypts will survive...
Interesting facts, seeing PHS in more or less certain price regions over many months manifesting your arguments.
Just be clear, claiming the double of a more and more destructive biz feels like the right thing to do, without irony 50% are fine for now.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:28:28 PM

"miners tend to sell" this made ie. Freicoin are very hard standing, wonder how all the srypts will survive...
Interesting facts, seeing PHS in more or less certain price regions over many months manifesting your arguments.
Just be clear, claiming the double of a more and more destructive biz feels like the right thing to do, without irony 50% are fine for now.

Well with PHS and ASIC we can turn off PoW mining when the need arises  Wink

Yes increased TXs or we also could increase fees ( which would make it less appealing for microtransactions but better for stakes/long term saving).

solarion

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:50:49 PM

Dood you gotta take it easy. You make other coin devs look bad. Cheesy
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:45:57 PM

Why is PHS only coin I invest in for last months ?

1, It has 50 % yearly interest
2, It was found in middle of 2013 ? (I think)
3, PalmDetroit as a developer does great job here every day. He updates wallet, help us with our questions, fixes bugs.
4, SImilar to 2nd point - PHS is one of the oldest coins, so it has its reputation, its no another "pump-dump" coin

Thats why I dont sell my PHS or its "interest" .. and thank to all buyers who drove price to 21000 in last weeks. PHS is maybe only coin which value increased in last weeks ... (if I dont mention some "new" pump-dump coin)

So thank you very much PalmDetroit, keep up the good work, count on me, I hold PHS as a solid investment and hope we can reach new price highs soon Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: