Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:29:26 PM

Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Probably I misunderstand all of this, thank you to clarify.

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

I am glad I am not the only person who feels the same way.

i'm in as well, bought my piece today.  But without being able to move them out of cryptsy it's a bit of an issue at the moment.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:31:59 PM

I have some PHS stuck on cryptsy aswell. Not going to move them  until withdrawals are 100% secure.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:09:51 PM

Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Probably I misunderstand all of this, thank you to clarify.

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

I am glad I am not the only person who feels the same way.

i'm in as well, bought my piece today.  But without being able to move them out of cryptsy it's a bit of an issue at the moment.

PHS has a good history of volatility, if you look at the chats for the ~200 sat, to ~50k sat move, was some fun times, and of course down too . But yep up till recently was always some nice easy channels, just small sizes.

In other news

POW Mining isn't off yet and is working for the time being and will be done in a short phaseout period with next client.

Could use some PoW miners to smooth out this transition,. Patch is ready and will monitor the situation for best timing.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:16:20 PM

Come get your PHS before PoS kicks in!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your PHS wallet address OR your generated Public Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3574

PHS go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your PHS!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Frostbite72

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:18:31 PM

Any chance to get a working Mac wallet? I can't sync up anymore Sad
coopbody

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:21:33 PM

Wow, this coin's name is very long. POS is a model is very good.
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Did somebody try to get PHS listed on poloniex?

https://poloniex.com/faq

How can I get such-and-such coin listed on Poloniex?
Send an email to poloniex@gmail.com and tell us about your coin. There is no set of rules, but we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and, more than anything, innovation. If your coin is truly innovative in some way, it is more or less guaranteed to be accepted by Poloniex.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

I think we need to focus on just one exchange. There seem to be very few people voting with any regularity.
vrm86

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

I think we need to focus on just one exchange. There seem to be very few people voting with any regularity.

So I proposed exchange without voting system.
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:33:49 PM

sounds great, I've never been to poloniex...don't even know how to pronounce it. Weren't they just hacked?
vrm86

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:45:35 PM

Didin't hear the story about hack. My experiences with this exchange are definitively good - trade orders and withdrawals are working great.
Also, they have almost 500BTC daily trading volume - not so bad Smiley

Not sure about pronunciation and origin of the name  Cheesy
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:06:27 PM

Didin't hear the story about hack. My experiences with this exchange are definitively good - trade orders and withdrawals are working great.
Also, they have almost 500BTC daily trading volume - not so bad Smiley

Not sure about pronunciation and origin of the name  Cheesy

Looks like early march. I'd have to check into how they've handled security since and how they dealt with losses.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/03/yet-another-exchange-hacked-poloniex-loses-around-50000-in-bitcoin/
vrm86

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

Cryptsy has responded to my ticket:

I apologize PHS still under mainteance , will keep you posted as soon as its back online.

Thank you.

So there is no problem to perform 5 PHS withdrawal, but when it comes to withdraw 950 mainteance issues appear  Roll Eyes
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:34:20 PM

I vote for this too!

Please please do not forget us Mac OS users! Smiley

Thanks!
Wundermanxp

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:34:42 PM

Looks interesting, definitely something to look out for, I hope you guys get the attention

you deserve
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:56:43 PM

I won't! , Would do it right now,. but can't run Mac VM on AMD  Roll Eyes

If you don't want to wait for the stakes, You can build it from the repo  (I'll ask instacash after the PoS update), I think 'minar' has a mac one built too 1.5.2)
https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone

Thanks a lot Palm!

I have everything needed on my Mac to build one... I wanted to compile it myself and then release it to the community, but I keep having errors when compiling it.

Please see photo here:

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/photobckt1/media/PHS_Wallet_Mac_error_zpsb6005ad9.png.html

If you have a good tutorial to build Wallets on a Mac please tell me, or if anyone is willing to help me, please PM me.

I'll be happy to share it with the community if I manage to build one.

Thanks!
Frostbite72

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:31:11 PM

I vote for this too!

Please please do not forget us Mac OS users! Smiley

Thanks!

I won't! , Would do it right now,. but can't run Mac VM on AMD  Roll Eyes

If you don't want to wait for the stakes, You can build it from the repo  (I'll ask instacash after the PoS update), I think 'minar' has a mac one built too 1.5.2)
https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone

Thanks for the updated info. Yeah I want my stakes so guess I will hold off for a release unless someone can release a working version for OSX.

I wish I was skilled enough to build my own wallets, but am not, so guess I will wait.....
DKdance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:55:09 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 12:10:17 AM by DKdance

Hi everyone, great activity, philosopher stone is a name longer  than bitcoin, but the stones doesn't just sleep in the wallet, they deserve a big name ^^. We may don't feel necessary to use a name by this way: choose clor - add coin at the end  Cheesy

Fdiablo do you have patience or just looking into ninja tradings ? Forks, fixes, that's pow and attackers who hurt. Is it necessary to tell how easy it is to update a wallet to a new version ? Do you mean that when there are problems due to attacks, shouldn't we get any fixes ? That's boring for honest devs to fix it for other suckers just copy the fixes. Ya know what I mean.

I can't speak of you know who. Let pump 'n' dumpers have fun alone. Remember, SHARKS SMELL BLOOD.

HASHER.CA,tell us about you, we fear new pools, new exchanges, BUT if we get something working we could be happy.

We don't need you know who. Vote mintpal, it's a stable place even if shittycoins are kings. There are not so many of these than other exchanges. If guys WTS & WTB Feel free to use this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589502.msg6461047#msg6461047

Everyone feel free to use it to place orders, not only to me, not only at the price I stated, if that occurs I'll make a better page for some PHS underground tradings. And will add it to my sig. We could get out of this situation by ourselves. A real currency don't need an exchange that hurt it. Don't be fished by pumps & dumps, manipulators, illusion, be patient, be smart ^^ Only reason we die is because we accept the death, it isn't a desperate struggle this is a matter of fact. Cryptos can rise and fall, they can die and reborn, here we fight a bit but not to save a desperate situation. It's only due to external elements.

PLEASE SOMEONE CAN HELP TO COMPILE MAC VERSION ?
That would save some time for PalmD who put many time to fix issues, not only phs issues. And keep it as stable as it's possible within balance of support and attacks. And would help stake holders.

In some time, we'll laugh at the ones who hurt. I don't pretend it will be done under 2 weeks, but when it will be done, we'll glaut.

^^  I listen many musics.

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
Xenopus

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:59:31 AM

Hey Palmdetroit,

Help me understand this problem here: I've still got 544 PHS that I withdrew from Cryptsy (and I email-confirmed the withidrawal) that hasn't shown up. I opened a ticket and they say it's already been processed. Does this mean they sent my coins to the ether on some invalid fork? Or are they going to magically show up once they re-enable their wallet?

BTC: 17mV6VCMnbYbrhJfsxCEZm9y3CL1qb6jFC
Frostbite72

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:35:35 AM

Hey Palmdetroit,

Help me understand this problem here: I've still got 544 PHS that I withdrew from Cryptsy (and I email-confirmed the withidrawal) that hasn't shown up. I opened a ticket and they say it's already been processed. Does this mean they sent my coins to the ether on some invalid fork? Or are they going to magically show up once they re-enable their wallet?

Well I can't speak to whats going on with Cryptsy and PHS in the last few days because I dont have any pending transfers. But I can tell you about my last few experiences with withdrawing PHS from Cryptsy a few weeks ago. It too 1-4 days for PHS withdrawals to validate through Cryptsy. And yes they eventually miraculously showed up in my wallet 3-4 days later.

Over a 2 week period I did like 5 transfers. 1 or 2 of them went through very quick, within minutes, and 3 others took up to 4 days to transfer.

I believe that when you initiate the transfer from Cryptsy the coins are removed from your wallet and go into a Que or holding pattern until a valid block chain is loaded / synced. Once Sync'd your transfer will show up in your wallet on the block chain.

I know because of a few previous support tickets I had opened a few weeks ago about the same problem I was basically told because of ongoing issues with the PHS block chain they have no been able to make consistently fast transactions as they dont want to be on the hook for any problems later.

Hopefully it gets better soon. I have held off buying anymore PHS on Cryptsy because of this exact problem.

Considering I use the MAC wallet I can't do anything with my coins until the wallet is fixed. Hopefully a fix will be in the near future for us OSX users.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: