Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:07:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:30:53 PM

No, I do not sell coins received from the bounty. I spend my time and it costs a certain amount of money. The market price is not enough for this. Perhaps in six months or a year the projects will be fully implemented. The product is famous, the price is great. Then you can sell in small parts, not all at once. But I have the main source of income - not only the crypto currency.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:34:35 PM

Well if you are not short in money or you are in need it’s hold for most of cases. Because generally new coins will gain value and they will get multiplied couple of times but if the project and coin looks like a dead one you can sell it immediately. Be careful don’t sell the next big coin accidentally.

Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:37:36 PM

I'm for holding for at least 3-6 months.
I'm supporting only project I believe they have the potential for at least 5-10x.

But always move your tokens to non-public/non-bounty ETH address, for security reasons.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:50:30 PM

What to do with the new tokens obtained as a result of the ICO, as a rule, depends on how significant and necessary the project was, as a result of which this token was issued. If the project has a good perspective, then of course, its token should be kept as long as possible. He will give a high profit over time, because some projects are implemented for years. Therefore, to obtain a good profit for such projects, patience is needed.
If the projects do not receive the due attention and respect, the tokens received after the ICO should be sold as early as possible, and if this fails, then wait until it rises in price.

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:04:42 PM

I usually hold my bounty payments for few months or more and waiting for it to reached my desired price to sell it. I always thought that i will make money out of bounties when I sell it directly as a payment for my service when helping to promote a certain project but why not hold a little more because I'm quite sure others who joined the program who badly needs the money will surely sell their tokens so as another help for the project to grow so that the price won't go down from massive dumping I choose to hold it a little more or even for a year.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:18:39 PM

I usually hold my bounty payments for few months or more and waiting for it to reached my desired price to sell it. I always thought that i will make money out of bounties when I sell it directly as a payment for my service when helping to promote a certain project but why not hold a little more because I'm quite sure others who joined the program who badly needs the money will surely sell their tokens so as another help for the project to grow so that the price won't go down from massive dumping I choose to hold it a little more or even for a year.

you should first think before holding though, there are coins deserving to be dump but there are also coins that somehow the potential of growth can be seen as early as 3 months. When you finally spot such coin, hold for a bit and wait for the final product or even just the update from the team because that will help you decide whether to sell or hold. I have a token worth 8KUSD hold it a bit and drop to 800USD, waited for a bit and it turned $40K afterwards - so its worth holding.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
NutellaboY

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:24:12 PM

according to what i have experienced i think when you recieve you bounty altcoin you should sell them because at the first it will decrease from the price that it has begun with.

Mostly yes but for some reliable coins with bright future that may be a wrong decison. They'll just literally go up with price.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:23:32 AM

Well!! A lot of factors can influence anybody's further action on what to do with the bounty rewards. Sometimes depending on the project ideology and roadmap, some rewards are worth holding. Also some tokens are virtually worth nothing so in the end, they become like some airdrops which never sold well, and so with such coins i sell them off immediately. You can also day trade with your bounty rewards to earn more from what you were paid. The reality is that, many projects have in their roadmap that they will actually utilize the tokens some long months to come, sometimes even a year and so even the investors trade them earlier. The bounty hunters also join in and trade with them. Some people also ave established to themselves that they are bounty hunters( doing as a job, anyways some people have also established that trading is their job whiles others are solely investors), so they always sell everything they get immediately and focus on their other bounties they are working on. So in a nut shell and in my opinion, it's not definitive to sell or HODL bounty rewards. A lot of factors will influence one's decision
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:42:50 AM

In my observation, most of the participants in the ico project once they've received their bounty rewards most of them can't wait to hold it a couple of weeks instead they sell it at once to convert it into fiat because they need money. Then, after a couple of weeks the token will rise up more than 5 to 10x which in the end they regret. So it is much better to hold for a moment observe the movement of the value ffirst before selling it.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:48:11 AM

I think selling immediately bounty reward is a bad moves in bitcoin because what if the token will reach 10$ and you sell it to 1$ it will be huge lose if you do that. I think you must hold it and wait for the announcement or make a prediction.

Dont think the profit only when the price hit $10 per token that can make us in huge profit.
Before that, you must think both side, up and down. How if the price goes down to $0.1? Then huge loss. I think set lower profit is better.
Ryan Tirta Permana

Activity: 136
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:54:13 AM

I think it's better to hold it I see the market when the token in distribution to the campaign participants in the token market will go down because many sell it early, I think if I sell now it might be so cheap so it's better to hold and wait for the price to recover.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:54:54 AM

I think selling immediately bounty reward is a bad moves in bitcoin because what if the token will reach 10$ and you sell it to 1$ it will be huge lose if you do that. I think you must hold it and wait for the announcement or make a prediction.

Dont think the profit only when the price hit $10 per token that can make us in huge profit.
Before that, you must think both side, up and down. How if the price goes down to $0.1? Then huge loss. I think set lower profit is better.

It must depend on the project. If I were part of the EIDOO campaign, I would have kept them all If I receive any amount of it because the token already was of high value even when they were doing the campaign. It was already listed on exchanges when they did the marketing campaign which is why those participants already know the value of the token.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Deancooel1

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:15:51 AM

I think HODL is the best choice, because we do not know the future of the tokens .. if the price soar and we have released it at a cheap price, then the regret we will get
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:37:40 AM

I think HODL is the best choice, because we do not know the future of the tokens .. if the price soar and we have released it at a cheap price, then the regret we will get
Only hold a certain portion of your reward  and trade the rest.
If you do not have a job and you want to have a regular income then I think day trading is the answer.
We can own altcoins from bounty and that is a privilege in return of our hard work so let's be wise in managing it.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:12:09 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
Another simple reason to sell their bounties is because they believe the coin may go to zero real soon, this is not uncommon most alts are going to fail in just a few months or years so they do not want hold a bag of useless coins, a friend got some tokens once and those tokens did not had value a week after the coin was released that is why he decided to never do bounties ever again.
czhen

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:18:56 AM

selling or holding tokens is not an option but a decision because not everyone is capable of financially so sometimes needs are an obligation that must be fulfilled and one solution is to sell tokens even at very low prices.
arkaasay

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:02:02 AM

this is a very interesting thread. I am also confused. because I just joined the new program bounty recently. I thought it would be better if you sold half of it and held half of it.
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:02:37 AM

At this moment i HODL almost all bounty reward. Selling after the end of ICO is not profitable because it is a time when almost all bounty hunters rush to sell, thus making the price go down. I suppose it is better to give a token some time for the price to get back and then watch it out.
iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:03:13 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

I think it depends 100% on whether YOU believe in the coin. If you don't, sell
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:22:49 AM

for myself I hold my coin for a long time until the price back up to get more profit because if selling now still far from the price when buy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: