Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7102 times)
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

honestly,I didn't hold my bounty rewards,as soon as i get it,i immidiately sell it because i really need money for my schooling because this is the only way for me to help my parents.

That's the point, it depends on what's your purpose of your Crypto Assets selling because you are the bread winner for your family.
Most of Bounty hunters aren't really making good earning out of there bounty stake tokens because of the expenses that needs to fulfill.
I decide to hold my Crypto Assets that were just came from the signature bounty campaigns that I joined few months ago and so I am thankful for my full-time job that totally supports my family's daily basic needs for the whole month for me to be able to hold my Crypto Assets as long as I want.
Now, I am holding more than $52,000 of worth Crypto Assets and they're still pumping and pumping week after week after week.

ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

I'm on the side of the holders.
The reason is simple:
- you can sell your tokens from 100 bounty campaigns at a price of X;
- you can wait and sell one of the tokens at a price of 500X.
Not even if you do not sell the remaining 99, it gives you a much greater profit.

Oyster Pearl PRL - good example.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:50:35 PM

Some people need to sell tokens for a living,  and I am one of them. When I came up to the world of cryptocurrency,  I did not have much money to be able to stay out of full time job. Now it is a little bit better,  but I used to be waiting for the very first bounty token SO MUCH, because I was really in need. Some people may think that it was pretty irresponsible of me to go into crypto with nothing in my pocket,  but I am sure that sometimes in our lives we take worthy risks.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
alekscrypto3969

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:51 PM

There is a third way, invest them in something else. Always is better if you reinvest or hold your tokens, not convert them into fiat. It really depends on you, what do you want, how do you want it, do you need the money now or you can wait 6-7 more months, 1 year max. Or you can sell 50% and hold 50%
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:52:17 PM

From what I've seen, many coins after being listed on exchange get dumped and have a dip in price. You have to realize a lot of bounty hunters are pretty experienced, so they could sell immediately, and then wait for the dip to buy more coins. They're probably not giving up on the project completely, just trying to buy the dip.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:02:42 PM

It depends but In my opinion you should sell it immediately, as long as you are doing bounty to get static income you should sell. There is much bigger chance that the price of token will go down than it will skyrocket. There is 1500 coin/tokens on coimarketcap, the probability that your token will hit at least 100th in market cap is really low. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 02:08:40 PM

I try not to sell coins/tokens unless I really need the money to invest in a new coin or ico or if there are some bad news about team/coin and I see no future for it. As I see it the more coins/tokens I have the bigger chance it is I will be filthy rich one day..lol

I would definitely do the same if by any chance the ICO campaign I'm participating turns out to be a huge success since its token value would definitely increase in value over time. I guess holding is both good in altcoins and tokens or any trading market ventures alike.

Jingjess

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

Sometimes i sell it if we don't have money to buy the important things needed in our house and if i see the price is high then i sell it immediately.But when  the price is low then i keep on holding my bounty rewards and wait until the price becomes high.

lendahawkins

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I would sell immediately because we never know about the market right now. In this red line time to hold coin more hard than last year, last year the coin price more stable than this year. In my experience most of people after the coin has been paid from ico many bounty hunter direct sell it. But its not impossible to hold it if you don't have an urgent needs. So it would be an investment without capital.

ThePromise

Activity: 396

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:20:49 PM

Hold! I've had made a huge mistake and regret it really bad by selling my bounty reward as soon as I recieved it and now its value is doubled not to mention also ethereum. I would've earned triple the profit compared to my first trades which is a hard taught lesson for me.
in some point, its actually good to hold, but, if you really need the money, then you dont have any other choice but to sell immediately. I do sell immediately sometime but I dont regret it, because I need money, so why do I have to hold it for a long time, if I dont have enough money to fund myself for my daily living.

ctyptoinvader

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:22:21 PM

That's depending on the project and if it is having good potential or not. Sometimes it is better to sell the bounty rewards immediately, and sometimes you need to hold the tokens until the price increase highly.
Nikosgalis1957

Activity: 196

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:26:43 PM

I think it depend on the project, if you believe in the project because they have great team and active community then you should hodl your bounty reward until the project's product is launched otherwise you should hodl a little bit and sell at the right time if the project is poorly managed like Utrust since when the project is bad at the communication, they will never sucess in this market.

BigDig

Activity: 277
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

I try to keep as much as possible. There is always the temptation to receive a reward immediately, especially because of the work done. But, as always, only the patient wins Smiley
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:18:30 PM

Selling your bounty or you investment early is like flushing your future income that can drastically change your financial future than the toilet. You lose way more in future profit than miserly present profit.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:21:16 PM

If the value of the bounty rewards is good i will sell it. I receive my rewards in bounty campaign last month and i hold it until today. I don't sell it because i know that this coin is good and have the potential to grow. And i don't want to be regretful when this coin will pump.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
pokokeke

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:23:16 PM

my suggestion if you got from bounty result you better check website first and see rate at ico, if in bourse already reach rate ico or higher then sell.
but if still not achieved then you better just hold it.
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Most of the time, when the ICO project list on the exchange, so I can sell these tokens, then put more of the ICO project funds investment, then can obtain the biggest benefit, it is a good strategy.

ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 497

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:40:35 PM

It depends on yourself, if you really need money to meet the needs, you can sell it. But if not, hold for some time, because the future price will increase.

███ TWITTER █████████████████ BLUM - All Crypto — One App ████████████████████ DISCARD ███
███ LINKTR.EE ██████ BLUM - All Crypto — One App █████ LINKEDIN PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM █████████████████ BLUM ███████████████████ YOUTUBE ███
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

I always HODL my coins after they gave the bounty because I think it will be  more valuable after some time but sometimes if I think the coin/token is not that great i will sell it immediately then put them to my trading account.

Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:58:25 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 12:20:38 AM by Sangkuni

-snip-
i'll hold 40% from bounty rewards, and sell 60% for eth... 40% eth from selling tokens will alocated for investment and trading, and 20% for my daily needs (exchange to cash)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: