Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586111 times)
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:43:08 AM

how do I move my main HD account to another phone with mycellium I dont want to create a brand new seed I just want to  import a HD account I have backed it up with the 12 + words or so

I tried to answer here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909238.msg10296711#msg10296711

According to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=814907.0
and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293472.msg8826838#msg8826838
it only works on fresh installs. I guess you could wipe the data (you have a backup, right?) and try.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:17:14 AM

Thanks to those who answered my last question. However, I'm still bit confused. Anyway, I have an unconfirmed transaction and it keep showing on the Balance Tab. How to make the unconfirmed transaction to not show? Just the unconfirmed transaction.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:38:29 AM

How's the develeopement on your Hardware wallet guys ? I mean that Bitcoin card ? I would really like to know because each time I visit the website it says It's under developement :x but it looks so awesome , want to get it
trasla

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:30:24 AM

jacktheking: it's not possible to disable the display of unconfirmed transactions. Why exactly do you want to?

Orangina: well, it's under development, bleeding edge technology takes its time. Rassah was showcasing them on the Bitcoin Miami conference and can probably give you some more info.
jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:42:46 AM

trasla: It is irritating to keep seeing "Receiving 0.0013 BTC" on the Balance tab. I just want the 0.0013 transaction to be disappear. I still want other incoming transaction to be shown. Since it is not possible to full disable it.. I hope to see this feature in the next update.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:17:02 PM

trasla: It is irritating to keep seeing "Receiving 0.0013 BTC" on the Balance tab. I just want the 0.0013 transaction to be disappear. I still want other incoming transaction to be shown. Since it is not possible to full disable it.. I hope to see this feature in the next update.

If you disable showing all unconfirmed transactions, you won't see any transactions until 10 minutes later. Disabling individual transactions would add way too much complexity to the UI. So you'll just have to wait until it's confirmed, or completely rejected by the network. Sorry.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:28:19 AM

Issue: Exchange rates don't load currently. At the same time my ads don't show on LocalTrader. If I try and edit an ad. it shows an error occurred.

Also, as a heads up to other traders, there's a John1977 going round asking for PP transactions.  Roll Eyes

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
trasla

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:44:10 PM

Issue: Exchange rates don't load currently. At the same time my ads don't show on LocalTrader. If I try and edit an ad. it shows an error occurred.
Also, as a heads up to other traders, there's a John1977 going round asking for PP transactions.  Roll Eyes

I get rates, see ads, and was able to edit my ads, but we will check the servers nonetheless...
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:31:13 PM

I get rates, see ads, and was able to edit my ads, but we will check the servers nonetheless...

Yes, it was only temporary. I use Bitcoinaverage on my ads, if that helps.

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:07:45 AM

In what form does Mycelium export the public key, is it the base58 version starting with the letters "xpub", or is it the hex version?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:24:54 AM

In what form does Mycelium export the public key, is it the base58 version starting with the letters "xpub", or is it the hex version?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#serialization-format

This 78 byte structure can be encoded like other Bitcoin data in Base58, by first adding 32 checksum bits (derived from the double SHA-256 checksum), and then converting to the Base58 representation. This results in a Base58-encoded string of up to 112 characters. Because of the choice of the version bytes, the Base58 representation will start with "xprv" or "xpub" on mainnet, "tprv" or "tpub" on testnet.
jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:50:37 AM

If you disable showing all unconfirmed transactions, you won't see any transactions until 10 minutes later. Disabling individual transactions would add way too much complexity to the UI. So you'll just have to wait until it's confirmed, or completely rejected by the network. Sorry.

How long would it take for the network to reject the transaction?

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 06:38:41 AM

How long would it take for the network to reject the transaction?

Could be a week or more. Though it could also get included in a block within that time too.
birr

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:42:30 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 03:56:50 PM by birr

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#serialization-format

This 78 byte structure can be encoded like other Bitcoin data in Base58, by first adding 32 checksum bits (derived from the double SHA-256 checksum), and then converting to the Base58 representation. This results in a Base58-encoded string of up to 112 characters. Because of the choice of the version bytes, the Base58 representation will start with "xprv" or "xpub" on mainnet, "tprv" or "tpub" on testnet.
I know.  It can take both forms. Which form does Mycelium beta export?
It is for somebody who knows which form of the public key Mycelium beta exports to answer this question.
I'm not going to use the beta version because I have too many coins in my wallet to risk experimenting with it.

I am using software that tracks HD transactions and uses the public key to do so.  I entered my xpub key and the aforementioned software returned a value of zero as the wallet contents.

I used http://bip32jp.github.io/english/  to get the public key.  I'm pretty sure the key is correct, because I checked the addresses generated actually appear on the list in my wallet.  If the addresses are correct, then the xpub key must be correct.

The software I mentioned is at coyno.com.  I am trying to use it to help with my taxes.

Yesterday morning my accountant and I had a conference call with the coyno developers to discuss the challenges of keeping records and generating tax reports across wallets and exchanges.

Anyway, I logged in at coyno, went to the mycelium tab and entered my xpub key in base58 form this morning and got that wrong result.  I emailed coyno and asked which public key format their site requires, but haven't heard back yet.  Presumably the format mycelium beta puts out is the one they're looking for.  That's why I'm asking here.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:16:29 PM

I know.  It can take both forms. Which form does Mycelium beta export?
It is for somebody who knows which form of the public key Mycelium beta exports to answer this question.
I'm not going to use the beta version because I have too many coins in my wallet to risk experimenting with it.

I am using software that tracks HD transactions and uses the public key to do so.  I entered my xpub key and the aforementioned software returned a value of zero as the wallet contents.

I used http://bip32jp.github.io/english/  to get the public key.  I'm pretty sure the key is correct, because I checked the addresses generated actually appear on the list in my wallet.  If the addresses are correct, then the xpub key must be correct.

The software I mentioned is at coyno.com.  I am trying to use it to help with my taxes.

Yesterday morning my accountant and I had a conference call with the coyno developers to discuss the challenges of keeping records and generating tax reports across wallets and exchanges.

Anyway, I logged in at coyno, went to the mycelium tab and entered my xpub key in base58 form this morning and got that wrong result.  I emailed coyno and asked which public key format their site requires, but haven't heard back yet.  Presumably the format mycelium beta puts out is the one they're looking for.  That's why I'm asking here.

That is not why it says zero, it probably because you need to set the path to BIP 44. Sounds more like a bug with coyno.com than anything you are doing.
birr

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:55:17 PM

Which form does Mycelium beta export?
devs, or anyone who has exported the key from beta.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:11:05 PM

Which form does Mycelium beta export?
devs, or anyone who has exported the key from beta.

Base58, xpub can only be Base58.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:46:54 PM

Did they open up the API source yet? I will use it once they do... why not open it up if its a free service?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 07:27:55 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951976.0

Response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eds0Bshu0Go

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 05:12:02 PM

Mycelium is back! http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2vro8y/mycelium_and_google_play_recap_of_what_happened/

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015, we received a note from Google in regards to our app, stating:

This is a notification that your application, Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet, with package ID com.mycelium.wallet, has been removed from the Google Play Store.
REASON FOR SUSPENSION: Violation of the paid and free provision of the Content Policy and section 3.5 of the Developer Distribution Agreement. Please refer to the Third Party Payments help center article for more information.

That particular section states:

3.5 You may also choose to distribute Products for free. If the Product is free, you will not be charged a Transaction Fee. You may not start charging a user for a Product that was initially free unless the charge correlates with an alternative version of the Product. The Payment Processor must process all fees a Developer receives for any version of a Product distributed via the Store.

Since that text is a bit vague, we were not sure exactly what it applied to in our wallet, and were guessing it was one of three things:
* LocalTrader fees
* Addition of the option to choose your bitcoin transaction fee that Google may have thought we charge
* Donation button

We requested for a more detailed explanation, and were told we would hear back within 72 hours.

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 we received a follow-up that stated the following:

We appreciate the opportunity to review your appeal.
Donations may only be collected within an app under specific conditions. The donation must be facilitated via a web browser, and any collection made through a secure payment system. Donations are only permitted for validated non-profit charitable organizations (for example, a validated 501(c)(3) charitable organization or the local equivalent). After a regular review, your app has been administratively suspended pending verification that you are an eligible and currently certified charitable organization.
In order for us to process your appeal, please attach a copy of your organization’s IRS determination letter or other acceptable proof in your reply to this notification. The provided information must indicate your status as a charitable organization.

Please be advised we will not be able to reinstate your application without the above documentation.

So, the issue turned out to be the donation button, which is the easiest thing to fix (we just remove the button), however, Google's stipulations of making us prove that we are a charity, "or else", made us think this would be very difficult to get out of. We replied with an explanation stating that

We were not aware of the fact that giving users an opportunity to donate to the developers is violating the agreement.
1) Bitcoin software is very sensitive to malware. If a software would imitate our brand and upload a backdoored version, users would unwillingly send money to it. This risk is partly mitigated by many links pointing to the existing package name https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet - if we would create a new app, users would not know that this is not a malicious version. If the application stays blocked, we might see someone taking advantage of the situation and uploading a fake version under a new ID, to trick users into thinking a it was provided by us.
2) Leaving users on old versions is a potential security risk for their bitcoins. We do need to provide security updates, like in the case of the SecureRandom bug. The Android Developers described the problem at. We are constantly in touch with the security community and were able to provide patched versions minutes after the disclosure of the 0-day exploit. If there would be a similar incident and we had users stuck on the old version, users on Android would be at risk.

This morning, Google replied letting us know that they have accepted our appeal and have reinstated our app. We have removed the donation buttons from all our versions (beta and final), and just as a precaution set the LocalTrader fees to 0% as well. Our wallet app should be back up on Google Play by now, and we are glad to have this episode behind us. If you are a developer too, please keep this donation thing in mind as well.

And finally, thank you very much for all the support we have received from our users!
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: