Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
raguelFOG

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:37:33 AM

I think its not necessary to provide KYC on airdrops, same with happens in bounty. I didn't see that its gonna be useful to provide KYC, people has rights to invest their own money.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:39:45 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

When my last campaign was over I looked for a good campaign I' 've found one but since it's implementing a KYC I have to skip them, I don't know why they have to do that, some of these are not legit so after they close their website they might be selling your identity online I boycott this kind of bounty campaign.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:41:18 AM

More than anonymity there is a huge chance of misusing your valuable Documents . Initially i have submitted my document for KYC process now i am regretting submitting my original documents . Hope it will not be misused.
owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:45:06 AM

I do not like having to use the KYC system because it's too hard to process and unsafe where our identity is in everyone's know so that it can be misused by criminal parts.
contentboxuser

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:46:40 AM

Sure, KYC for Airdrops is definitely a bad precedence, and I guess most of them are just collecting your personal information.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:31:38 AM

For airdrops? Wow lol, I needed that comedy relief today because I thought they were awful for ICOs and bounty hunters. Please don't fill out KYC for what is almost certainly a useless airdrop token, it is not worth your effort or time.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:25:55 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

When my last campaign was over I looked for a good campaign I' 've found one but since it's implementing a KYC I have to skip them, I don't know why they have to do that, some of these are not legit so after they close their website they might be selling your identity online I boycott this kind of bounty campaign.

Definitely. I don't participate in ICO with KYC and very rare in such bounty. But airdrop with KYC is full bullshit. I think all forum members must to ignore same airdrops campaign
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

Sometimes KYC is needed, even I heard that a project which not doing this is pretended as a scam project by some people. The participants are join airdrop to support the project, aren't they? Then the developer should give respect for them.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:40:38 PM

Surely a scam because KYC verifications are indeed needed only for the ICO investments,not airdrops clearly these people are trying to get your informations and use it to something else,you should stay away from these types of airdrops because you wont know when will these people start selling your IDS in the deepweb,no airdrop should require email and private keys as well as those IDs.

makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:44:51 PM

What ? airdrop requiring KYCs? sounds like a scam to me because normally airdrops will only require your ethereum address and your bitcointalk name,email addresses from few airdrops and you can use dummy email addresses so that if these people try to send you some phishing emails you wont be affected,but KYC verification in airdrops? NO.!

Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:45:34 PM

i think kyc is only applicable if it is involves a high values of investment in an ICO,  not in an airdrop. Airdrop bounties is only a free token distribution and only few are buying their coins. Maybe there is a hidden agenda for the token creator. Its better to ignore it than participating in that kind of airdrop

ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

This is morelikey a scam normally airdrops will only require your ethereum and bitcointalk profile username or link,email addresses shouldnt be conpulsary because it might be used to send you some emai phishing links that is why it is not recommended to use your main email addresses when joining airdrops,but KYC verifications? no way it could be a legitimate airdrop surely these people will do something about your IDs.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:12:54 PM

No airdrops should require any of your IDs it is clearly a shady business,KYC are only requires for those who are investing ICOs so that these ICOs will know if you are joining even if your country has been restricted to join,U.S citizens cannot participate in any of these ICOs that is why these ICO founders are requiring KYC verifications most of the time to comply to the SEC's regulation.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:21:04 PM

Sounds like a scam,because airdrops normally will only ask your ethereum addresses and bitcointalk account even those legit airdrops wont require your IDs before getting the drop,you need to know the risk of sending your IDs to anyone so you wont be suprised when your identity were stolen,some of these people will try to sell your informations in the deepweb so be careful.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:11:03 PM

Well, I think that here people are already digging themselves into the ground, why do we need KYC for airdrop? Lawyers and lawyers simply do not understand the laws by virtue of their competence, I think this is the only explanation for why KYC is needed for airdrop

Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:45:48 PM

It's time to take credit that soon not only ICO investors will undergo the KYC procedure, but also bounty campaign participants, as well as Airdrop members. This trend is already gaining momentum. If you want to make money in the cryptocurrency, you will have to go through the identification procedure.
Yana_1

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:11:49 PM

Really? Airdrops? It's nonsense I think. Ok, KYC - know your customer, what kind of customers are they - this is a free distribution.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:16:39 PM

Really? Airdrops? It's nonsense I think. Ok, KYC - know your customer, what kind of customers are they - this is a free distribution.
But in the same time some ICO have done KYC procedure for bountists.
They aren't 'customers' too.

abduljacklu

Activity: 235

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:18:04 PM

I too dont want to parcitipate with these ICOs and bounties that are having KYC verifications because it could result for my informations leak in the deepweb,there are some people claiming that their IDs was sold to the deepweb that is why we need to be more vigillant because these people will everything just to take advantage the situation to earn more money.

kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

KYC for airdrops, for bounties it's bad precedence because most of them can be ponzi scam or something else. If you giving to any project your KYC information you must be sure in their reliability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: