Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Crypcar10290

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:58:12 PM

Would you give your KYC for an airdrop worth $100?
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:02:05 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
To be honest i'm also against KYC on bounty with the same reason to you but because of many alt account on bounty ICO, i'm cool with it because it's also prevent alt accounts to get the stakes and the tokens. I hope someday we can fix this thing about alt account and no more KYC for bounty hunters.
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:03:50 PM

With no regulatory over watch one shouldn't even think about giving their personal documents to airdrops they don't even know about. Just recently two ICOs got hacked and the KYC data of their users got stolen. Now think about your passport in the hands of scammers and hackers and what they can do with it.

JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

What? There is a KYC in airdrops? I don't believe it this is absurd, that is impossible. You cannot implement a KYC in an airdrop, it's just free tokens, you must not submit an ID for it, it is not needed. Why is it so much sensitive when it comes to this? Do their token is too much valuable? What if their token is just shit, we just wasted our time.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

lamajuice

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

.gov wants to know who you are and the scammers want your identity.  If you send a KYC in for an ICO your insane.  If you send it in for a bounty your a moron and if you send it in for an airdrop shot yourself for the good of humanity. 
pesorules

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

All the way up

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Yes it is really terrible nowadays because even airdrops are really wanting to know the personal information of their participants not realizing that they are giving away very small amount of money, in this industry KYC is strictly prohibited because we have to stay anonymous and we just have to keep our lives private, but knowing that airdrops are really getting kyc is such a very wrong move.

AQUA™  《  REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY  》  www.aquaintel.io
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

You're absolutely right. Cryptos should be about anonymity and decentralized peer-to-peer solutions. KYC opens the door to governments and banksters to exercise control. It gives them the info required to identify and pick us off one by one. Even worse, the latest legislation tabled will enable them to do so pretty much on a global basis. Then of course there is also a real risk that KYC related info might end up in the hands of outright scammers and fraudsters.

In addition, if governments and banksters have their way, only so called 'accredited investors' (net worth $1m+, etc.) will be able to participate in ICOs and airdrops. The rest of us will have to be satisfied with crumbs from the table.

I have said it and will say it again, if people don't wake up fast, we are going to sit with a centralized crypto-based monetary system a million times worst than the current fiat Ponzi scheme with its cash and electronic transactions. All transactions will be tracked and zero transactions will take place in cash - as cash will either be banned or completely worthless. This is why there is an ongoing war on both cash and anonymous (private), decentralized peer-to-peer cryptos.
DMiracle1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:36:45 PM

Seriously? KYC for airdrops? This is not good, absolutely not. Doing KYC for airdrops were without a doubt very much inappropriate at all. Airdrops gives us short supply of tokens to which the equivalent fiat is very meager and inadequate. Most of them even have no value at all or to say the least, worthless. If airdrops will require KYC, i don't think not a single soul will ever do airdrops again. Unless it's going to be a bitcoin airdrop.  Cheesy (in my dreams).
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

KYC for Airdrops is not that big a problem because we can ignore that particular Airdrop. Bigger problem with some projects is when you join bounties and nowhere they ever mention about KYC but after you do all the work honestly and it's time to distribute coins then they will ask you for KYC this is when it hurts.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:28:34 PM

You're right if won't stand against that it can be a norm in the future. I'm so careful for sharing my personal details though.
seanavery11

Activity: 280

-----

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:41:00 PM

Yes I'm also against KYC requirement on bounties. And recently, even airdrops have KYC. I just can't give my ID with my personal information to anyone. I don't even know if my information are safe with them, if they would not use it for fraud. Airdrop is about giving away free token. It is just a small amount of money, it should not require KYC since it's just an airdrop. Anonymity is not existing now in this industry and I hate it.

---
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:58:06 AM

KYC "KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER" for airdrop? really? this will be the biggest joke in cryptocurrencies if they will do this.
There's no assurance in airdrop. some tokens are just scam, some don't have value and only a few are successful.
KYC is a very important document for all of the people and personal information is really a dangerous matter to share.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:03:17 AM

Its good tendention for scammers, who want collect your personal data. Now she can official masking by KYC ask your ID's then instead of sending your tokens she sold your data

mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:06:54 AM

I completely agree with the author. KYC for Airdrops is already a bust. I met people who at their own peril do KYC. In my opinion, this is overkill and people think about why you need it?
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:15:40 AM

Why should there something like KYC for airdrop or even bounty rewards if there is?.These airdrops are just peanut so what do they need your personal information for?Let us just be careful with search people they can be very dangerous with our personal information.

Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:18:20 AM

Can you provide an example of ICO or ICOs that require KYC for airdrops?  I personally haven't encountered any, but I've read it on the forum a couple of times.  There were a couple of airdrops that would double the stakes if you provide KYC, those has to do with exchange platform or related ICO, and I understand why they're doing it.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:19:13 AM

KYC "KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER" for airdrop? really? this will be the biggest joke in cryptocurrencies if they will do this.
There's no assurance in airdrop. some tokens are just scam, some don't have value and only a few are successful.
KYC is a very important document for all of the people and personal information is really a dangerous matter to share.
Yes, there is also no detailed information about the project, team and vision of the project in some airdrop. They just want to collect your data and use it the other way to scam people.
And i think the best way using KYC method is only for big investor. For airdrop and bounty it shouldn't necessary

varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:28:06 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 07:38:21 AM by varun bee

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Can you provide an example of ICO or ICOs that require KYC for airdrops?  I personally haven't encountered any, but I've read it on the forum a couple of times.  There were a couple of airdrops that would double the stakes if you provide KYC, those has to do with exchange platform or related ICO, and I understand why they're doing it.
gladius, luckbox (no product insight till now) are few of the upcoming icos asking for KYC for airdrops, their tokens might not be worth even a single penny or they maybe worth 100s of millions dollars who knows, but they will keep airdrop participants identities and addresses and also might use them as they may wish, this is a very real thing which people need to be made aware of. No strict rules apply in crypto market and people are gullible to fall for silly promos. shitty icos and airdrops need to be called out in public for safeguard of wider audience.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:32:16 AM

I don't think it would be necessary for airdrops alone to follow KYC policy. I think it would be more suitable for outer bounty campaign directions, or to investors who purchase tokens during ICO campaigns. Tokens allocated for airdrops are relatively low compared to others, so I don't think privacy is in need to be risked here. Just my opinion though. But nevertheless, I still think KYC is useful for ICO except for Airdrops. It will avoid multiple accounts and will assure that holders are real person.

Bren Briones

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:35:16 AM

I agree with you guys that it should not be happening that airdrops events requires us to sign up KYC. They are supposed to be giving away free tokens and KYCs purpose is for token purchase or bounty campaign works. That is my idea for the KYC requirements.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: