Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:59:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
MrHertz

Activity: 208
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:41:00 AM

KYC could be needed only in bounties to determine if you are a real person, so you can invest. But anybody can create shitcoin and an airdrop for it. So why should i give them my personal info. I prefer to stay anonymous in the net. So don't promote this trend. Just don't participate.
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:41:43 AM

For the most part I avoid KYC for airdrops.

But most don't require them anyways, such as the vast majority on my list of

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

No, really. Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that. And you can sign up right now to get their tokens.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily.
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:44:03 AM

KYC for airdrops ? it is a bad idea if the bounty will issue KYC to receive airdrop rewards because some crypto hunters don't have valid id's to verify KYC.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
You should never join an airdrop with KYC. Don't ever exchange your personal information for a silly airdrop that you are not sure if it will have a value in a future or not. Even with a bounty campaign, never join a bounty campaign that required a  KYC because bounty managers are not qualified to keep all your personal information that may lead into the wrong hands,
invo

Activity: 535

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:41:58 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

airdrop is given for free for bounty hunters and any other participants of it, so why would they request a KYC for it? I dont see any point for having it, better be careful to that kind of airdrop, maybe they will use it on other purposes.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:45:45 PM

Do not submit KYC data for any airdrop.
Because it's pointless, it's just a waste of time. Shocked

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:51:37 PM

I don't really understand why an airdrop requires you to provide them will your identity while some of them don't even have the team information on their website or ann. I can understand if it's for bounty because the reward is quite a lot and they want to prevent multiple accounts but most airdrop is useless and they may sell your data so it definitely not worth the risk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:56:44 PM

Really a big no for this requirements giving a personal data to someone who you didnt even know can harm you big. Even ICOs with KYC is not safe cause some of it are Scam ICOs that can sell you personal info to earn them money many people will really buy this kind of things.

Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 01:59:30 PM

I am agree with KYC if I get bunch of airdrop tokens or by bounty campaigns. If I will pass my identity for a just $20 tokens, no way! I don't want to join in an airdrop that requires KYC because I don't want to change my identity for just a few tokens.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

I am against this situation. I believe that to participate in bounty programs and programs Airdrops can not use Know Your Customer (KYC).
Thenuka99

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:17:18 PM

A total yes for this, all the ICO participants  and bounty participants MUST do something about this, Providing your NIC, passport, Bills with address or any other document that indicates your personal info to the Internet in these times is totally a bad bad thing, Wish there was something to do against this, some form of KYC is needed, but not something that reveals all your personal info when it comes to the Internet.

I believe the best way to ask for a KYC is asking a time-stamped Selfie/ clear photo of the person Holding a paper saying which ICO or bounty program participate, you can write something on the paper unique to that ICO and send a clear photo.  I really wish that can happen as a trend, a Clear photo of yourself, even time-stamped is fine, with unique something holding.

These KYC with a passport or other document requirements has become such a PAINful thing, don't wanna provide them, so missing some pretty good projects out there. and it Sucks.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:43:01 PM

Really, so far I haven't gotten it it's been too long I left the airdrop, 80 % airdrop into the coin collection alone.

If it found it I certainly will not join, except for airdrop, which at once ico maybe I'll think about it.

gordonsam32

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:48:03 PM

A total yes for this, all the ICO participants  and bounty participants MUST do something about this, Providing your NIC, passport, Bills with address or any other document that indicates your personal info to the Internet in these times is totally a bad bad thing, Wish there was something to do against this, some form of KYC is needed, but not something that reveals all your personal info when it comes to the Internet.

I believe the best way to ask for a KYC is asking a time-stamped Selfie/ clear photo of the person Holding a paper saying which ICO or bounty program participate, you can write something on the paper unique to that ICO and send a clear photo.  I really wish that can happen as a trend, a Clear photo of yourself, even time-stamped is fine, with unique something holding.

These KYC with a passport or other document requirements has become such a PAINful thing, don't wanna provide them, so missing some pretty good projects out there. and it Sucks.

good idea.. unfortunately, i suspect that social engineering is their main point in KYC.
gaponya

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:50:40 PM

KYC did it to make a match with multi-accounts, and not to pay people who do not want to provide their documents, everything is cunning, they earn on it!
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

There are many scams airdrop and I dont think their is needed Kyc just to received the free token. Better thinks more before you joined this kind of airdrop. Check if this is legit or not as I've heard there are other users got hacked their wallet  so be careful before you joined.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:54:54 PM

Yea I completely agree because most of the airdrop is useless and a waste of time and now they want to ask our identity documents for KYC. It is like selling your identity to strangers online for less than 25usd
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:59:13 PM

If an airdrop asks me for KYC documents, I nope right out of there.This is very risky because we do not know the credibility of the people whose making airdrops ! KYC procedures for airdrops simply are not acceptable - its a nonsense!
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:21:30 PM

I think KYC is good for proven ventures such as BTC and more stable coins,Airdrops are full of scams that unless an airdrop ha a way of proving its legitimacy then there is no need for a KYC

Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:33:11 PM

KYC are good imho, because they will reduce money laundering and also reduce the amount of scamming projects out there which are really bad for crypto reputation in general.

Don't trust any exchange!
LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:37:00 PM

KYC is a good thing but not for airdrops, most of them are scam and what is the point in providing that thiefs with your docs?

Go-go-go, power girls !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: