Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

I have all of the legal issues worked out, and I am programming them into the verification site.

VMC:

We are working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production.

We have stock piled all the hardware to build the miners and we are per-assembling the miners.

What a way to once again say nothing. I assume you have been "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"  since June. How about some actual updates. Has there been a pilot production run, if so, do you already have those chips, are they working? If not, whats the timeline?

even if nothing has progressed, he is finally giving us what we always fought for: consistant communication.  Weekly updates are highly appreciated, whether there is news or not.  If you knew the entire situation you would understand this. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:59:55 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

I have all of the legal issues worked out, and I am programming them into the verification site.

VMC:

We are working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production.

We have stock piled all the hardware to build the miners and we are per-assembling the miners.

What a way to once again say nothing.

Hey dumb dumb,

The legal issues of the new site being resolved is a new development.
The stock-piling of all hardware (excepting chips and boards) is a new development.
The third sentence suggests full production is getting close.

Go back to sleep dumb dumb.

stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

VMC:

What a way to once again say nothing. I assume you have been "working with eASIC and our engineers to get our chip and boards in full production"  since June. How about some actual updates. Has there been a pilot production run, if so, do you already have those chips, are they working? If not, whats the timeline?

I would argue that he does say something of importance here.
Legal issues worked out = important.
"to get our chip and boards in full production" I interpet as chip samples & low-volume chip production (see below) is done, only last step left.
But maybe I am wrong.

What are the current plans for chip development?
ActiveMining is developing a 28nm Bitcoin mining chip using eASIC.
  • Chip samples delivered in 9 weeks;
  • Low-volume chip production starting in 12 weeks, using an e-beam process;
  • Normal volume chip production starting in 16-18 weeks.
stenkross

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

Now this is interesting regarding VE.
First he asks a guy to get proof of existing, shipped & mining VMC hardware, and offer 0.5 BTC if he sends a PM.

*shrug* I'm looking at it right now.  I know I'm not dreamin..

Interesting seems we both have things the other doesn’t. You seem to have a a VMC mining rig, whilst I just seem to have proof. Interesting how things work on the internet.

The difference is you asked for a refund, so that would explain why you have not received the machine Smiley  your refund is being mined as we speak

0.5BTC if you show me proof via PM

1 day later he extend his offer to Ken

If we are trading shares by this sunday on crypto-trade, I will give Ken 5 BTC (only slightly lower than my deal last week).

And when I asked VE if he got the PM, he ignores my question.
So, I can only assume that VE got his proof and he is in a hurry to get more shares (cheap) before anyone else get their hands on proof that VMC actually shipped mining hardware.

This is of course 100% speculation, but hey Smiley
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:43:59 PM

Now this is interesting regarding VE.
First he asks a guy to get proof of existing, shipped & mining VMC hardware, and offer 0.5 BTC if he sends a PM.

*shrug* I'm looking at it right now.  I know I'm not dreamin..

Interesting seems we both have things the other doesn’t. You seem to have a a VMC mining rig, whilst I just seem to have proof. Interesting how things work on the internet.

The difference is you asked for a refund, so that would explain why you have not received the machine Smiley  your refund is being mined as we speak

0.5BTC if you show me proof via PM

1 day later he extend his offer to Ken

If we are trading shares by this sunday on crypto-trade, I will give Ken 5 BTC (only slightly lower than my deal last week).

And when I asked VE if he got the PM, he ignores my question.
So, I can only assume that VE got his proof and he is in a hurry to get more shares (cheap) before anyone else get their hands on proof that VMC actually shipped mining hardware.

This is of course 100% speculation, but hey Smiley

Can you share the content of that PM? Always the trolls that seem to get the action and info. I might turn to the dark side, they get more benefits.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

can somebody please add a portal to that, and a roll of thread?

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:00:37 PM

Add  the portals to the obama picture please.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:31:55 PM

How about the car?  you never touched that..  Roll Eyes

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:05:19 PM

Is eAsic really letting active down or it's something else

ok
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:06:45 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

VMC:

Quoting this again so you people don't forget.

This is Bullish as fuck
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:17:12 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

VMC:

This is Bullish as fuck

LOL.

You all have been eating too many strange mushrooms.

There is nothing bullish about a promise of inefficient silicon coming someday, when 2 28 nm suppliers are showing pictures of their 30x faster hardware and promising shipment within days.

I thought you kids were delusional back in May.  Now it's just getting to be sad.

I'm just happy you can't do math or understand the basic fundamental principals of having hardware at cost.

Proceed to being ignorant!
stenkross

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:53:55 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

VMC:

This is Bullish as fuck

LOL.

There is nothing bullish about a promise of inefficient silicon coming someday, when 2 28 nm suppliers are showing pictures of their 30x faster hardware and promising shipment within days.

I thought you kids were delusional back in May.  Now it's just getting to be sad.

I'm just happy you can't do math or understand the basic fundamental principals of having hardware at cost.

Please Mr. Math Wizard edumacate me!

Show me the fantastic cost advantage you will have some day.  Remember to account for:
1.  The vastly lower silicon density of an easic
2.  Easic's markup of silicon costs to AMC
3.  The much higher power consumption of easic, which leads to higher costs for facilities, cooling and operations
4.  The cost of boards, cases and power supplies for chips that are 30x slower than Hashfast and CoinTerra

I did the math back in April.  Hardware at cost does nothing for you when cost is greater than retail pricing for a real 28 nm.

Then why are you here?
Why spend time in this thread if you are not invested/do not plan on investing?
I don't buy it when people say they are here to tell me I have done a bad investment and they have nothing to gain in spending time informing me about it.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:04:38 PM

Show me the fantastic cost advantage you will have some day.  Remember to account for:
3.  The much higher power consumption of easic, which leads to higher costs for facilities, cooling and operations
4.  The cost of boards, cases and power supplies for chips that are 30x slower than Hashfast and CoinTerra

I did the math back in April.  Hardware at cost does nothing for you when cost is greater than retail pricing for a real 28 nm.

Exactly as I thought. You want others to do the work for you. That's the problem with kids these days.

Thankfully for you, you can go search my past posts in the ActM thread where I did the math based on actual costs for a 28nm that has been confirmed by companies that already have a 28nm. That's the beautiful thing about actually getting off your ass and going to these conferences.

Unless companies start selling hardware for ~$0.30-$0.75/GH and the estimated ~1W/GH of the eASIC chip (which is just about what KnC gets on theirs now) becomes too expensive to run (lol at the billions of difficulty it would have to be at current prices).

I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt on educating you but it looks like you have made up your mind on ignorance so as I said before continue on your way.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:06:28 PM

Then why are you here?
I don't buy it when people say they are here to tell me I have done a bad investment and they have nothing to gain in spending time informing me about it.

I am here to make sure you don't find some newb and trick him into becoming your bagholder.

Note to newbs:  Notice that the cheerleaders on here never try to engage me in a discussion of the facts.  That is because there is no way to make the facts look good.  Plus, you have to be totally ignorant of what easic does and where it fits into the silicon ecosystem to ever dream that Ken's reported approach would be a good investment.

I would say that spending hours of photoshopping Kens pictures all day far exceeds "informing the newbs".  I am of course not referring to you, but I want to point out that there is a lot of effort being made by those who are simply "protecting" the community  Cheesy 

stenkross

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:18:41 PM

Then why are you here?

I am here to make sure you don't find some newb and trick him into becoming your bagholder.

Note to newbs:  Notice that the cheerleaders on here never try to engage me in a discussion of the facts.  That is because there is no way to make the facts look good.  Plus, you have to be totally ignorant of what easic does and where it fits into the silicon ecosystem to ever dream that Ken's reported approach would be a good investment.

I would say that spending hours of photoshopping Kens pictures all day far exceeds "informing the newbs".  I am of course not referring to you, but I want to point out that there is a lot of effort being made by those who are simply "protecting" the community  Cheesy 

+1
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

Weekly Update 12/18/13

Crypto-Trade:

VMC:

This is Bullish as fuck

LOL.

Something I don't understand are these calculations from mining.genesisblock.com

HashFast is currently selling their Sierra 1.2 TH/s miner for $6,300 with a guaranteed ship date of March 31, 2014. I'm using the March 2014 option for these calculations as you can check here: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/afae541e37

Cointerra sold out of their TerraMiner IV 2 TH/s March Batch miner which cost $6,000 and using the March option for the setup you get this: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/c3b4c6d957 and using April option brings no ROI.

Whats the word with these other miners? Have any of them been released??

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:20:17 PM

Dream on.  That might be the silicon cost for easic.  But once you add in the board, controller and compoenents, power supply, facilities etc, you will be vastly more expensive than current retail offerings.

As I have said before the power estimates are simply unrealistic.  FPGA hard copies are far less efficient than pure silicon designs.  So imagining that easic will deliver at a lower power consumption than KNC is in the territory of elves and unicorns.

The boards and all of the components involved are really not that expensive. It might add $0.15-$0.25/GH to the total cost. I agree that the power estimates should be higher than KnC, I never said it would be lower. KnC gets between 0.8W/GH - 1.5W/GH We'll probably see 1.2-2W/GH with the FPGA copies.

Regardless, even if the gear was $2/GH cost, gear in hand right now is selling for ~$20/GH (Note I didn't say this would make a profit but it is selling and ActM does sell hardware)
At $2/GH mining will be very profitable for quite a long time at current prices. Arguing against this means you do not have a firm grasp on what will be delivered and when. I call it the sky is falling syndrome.

But yes there is nothing right now and all of this is simply speculation based on the facts we have. Ultimately the trolls will not want to do any sort of reasoning or logic and simply say "Where are da chipz".

If you want to argue if there are chips or not then go ahead, I won't even debate you as I have no idea either but if there are and using the figures given we're still set even if there's nothing until end of February.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:27:06 PM

Dream on.  That might be the silicon cost for easic.  But once you add in the board, controller and compoenents, power supply, facilities etc, you will be vastly more expensive than current retail offerings.

As I have said before the power estimates are simply unrealistic.  FPGA hard copies are far less efficient than pure silicon designs.  So imagining that easic will deliver at a lower power consumption than KNC is in the territory of elves and unicorns.

The boards and all of the components involved are really not that expensive. It might add $0.15-$0.25/GH to the total cost. I agree that the power estimates should be higher than KnC, I never said it would be lower. KnC gets between 0.8W/GH - 1.5W/GH We'll probably see 1.2-2W/GH with the FPGA copies.

Regardless, even if the gear was $2/GH cost, gear in hand right now is selling for ~$20/GH (Note I didn't say this would make a profit but it is selling and ActM does sell hardware)
At $2/GH mining will be very profitable for quite a long time at current prices. Arguing against this means you do not have a firm grasp on what will be delivered and when. I call it the sky is falling syndrome.

Wrong.  Go price voltage regulators with reasonable power conversion efficiency.  Those alone will blow your estimates apart.

DC/DC converters are the most expensive part of the board everything else is just about peanuts. No they don't blow anything apart. Guess you need to get better connections.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:59:45 PM

But yes there is nothing right now and all of this is simply speculation based on the facts we have. Ultimately the trolls will not want to do any sort of reasoning or logic and simply say "Where are da chipz".

If you want to argue if there are chips or not then go ahead, I won't even debate you as I have no idea either but if there are and using the figures given we're still set even if there's nothing until end of February.

Sometimes bargraphics gets drawn into feeding the trolls, but I respect the guy a lot more than 95% of posters in this thread. Why? Well the dude is hashing with 7.2TH/s and clearly has some knowledge/experience with BTCMining.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:15:49 PM

Dick swinging contest aside, nobody in here knows anything about what is actually happening at ACTM/VMC, so yammering on and on ad nauseum is pointless.

Given my observations of a lot of players in the bitcoin sphere, a deep and warm "concern for the community" is hardly a priority…

If you're on here posting negative, you're intentions are dubious.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: