Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:20:38 PM

So what's going on here? I see that their website still states November shipping. People still think this will end up well?

The bagholders have been passing around LSD and magic mushrooms since the spring.

VBS's magic spreadsheet showing how they would struggle to not 50% the network is now replaced by StuartUK's hand waving about 10% being just around the corner.

It's hilarious in a 3 stooges kind of way.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:26:31 PM

Surely, ActM is not the only low brow event in the bitcoin-verse.

Despite the death threats in PM, and the endless phone calls from detractors. He goes on!
Is that not bravery? Is that not heroism?

It's enlightened self-interest.  I don't want the good name of my bitcoin to be sullied with lowbrow scams & failures the likes of Active Mining.

No.  It's merely one of the most blatant ones, with Labcoin gone.  Labcoin was a curious deal -- i think pretty much everyone who dealt with it knew it for what it was.  The "shares" were used as tokens in a fun (and relatively simple) game of "who gets the bag."
The creepy thing about Active Mining is some here seem to sincerely believe it will succeed.
That, or they're accomplished trolls, and i'm just not in on the joke.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Since when is there going to be a "big announcement on February 1st" ?
crumbs

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:29:20 PM

...Enough of your trolling, crumbs. You won't get StuartUK to see the light, and you really do take up way too much bandwidth.  Take a break at least until the big announcement on February 1st.

I wish i could, LorenzoMoney.  Unfortunately, in my absence you'd inevitably try to unload your "shares" on some clueless n00b.  I can't allow that, LorenzoMoney.
I wish you to know it's not my love for the innocents of this world or lack of it towards you that make this impossible.
This failscam simply can not be allowed to go on -- it reflects negatively on bitcoin as a whole & me as a part of it.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:11:27 PM

I wish shareholders were generally more demanding. Frequent financial statements that are normalized, honest communication. No unknown should be able to raise millions - if you're new you have to smart small. That's something 99% of the securities here do not manage. But when you ask for any of these, you're automatically a troll who wants "cheap shares". Asked for this for Cognitive, months later 4/5 of the dividend is "missing". I hope after so many "I told you so" people will listen.

Instead, they think hyping the company is going to make the shares valuable. It doesn't work. It lets the issuer get away with anything, and does not bring actual revenue.

The good news is you've got your wish.  The demise of BTCT and bitfunder has reduced trading volumes over 1000 fold.  No new issues are being sold.

The only hope holders of bitcoin securities have is recovery of their investment through dividends.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:07:17 PM

The creepy thing about Active Mining is some here seem to sincerely believe it will succeed.

This page has 20 posts, 8 of which are from Trolls who weren't interested in ACtM 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago pankakake wasn't here, Entropy wasn't here and crumbs was posting once or twice every other day.

What's changed?

Why are they so concerned about noobs and the 'reputation of Bitcoin' all of a sudden?

Ken isn't raising any more money, he hasn't asked for any money from anyone sincne IPO days many months ago - so the 'scam' claims are not based in fact.

So can someone explain this sudden perfect storm of Troll activity on here?

Anything to do with CryptoTrade??

Roll Eyes
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:10:45 PM

I wish shareholders were generally more demanding. Frequent financial statements that are normalized, honest communication. No unknown should be able to raise millions - if you're new you have to smart small. That's something 99% of the securities here do not manage. But when you ask for any of these, you're automatically a troll who wants "cheap shares". Asked for this for Cognitive, months later 4/5 of the dividend is "missing". I hope after so many "I told you so" people will listen.

Instead, they think hyping the company is going to make the shares valuable. It doesn't work. It lets the issuer get away with anything, and does not bring actual revenue.

I don't think you are a troll. I do find it quite amusing some people on this thread come on here more than actual investors and then claim they want no part of the company though. Instead they are on here for the "betterment of the Bitcoin community", by undermining the moderators of the forums. It's rather pretentious, especially when their means of gaining attention is through the use of rather subpar means, (Photoshopped images, unnecessary insults, trying to go of course of the topic of the thread).  If you have proof something is a scam, then present the proof and the scam will be brought to light. But calling something a scam without evidence is worse than waiting for the evidence to appear. If you personally think it is a scam then get out of the investment.

No one is going to yell FUD if people come on here against the company with facts. But coming on here whining everyday about how the company is going to fail/succeed is unnecessary. People's opinion means very little here. I am down to hear actual facts all day. Not facts that have been extrapolated along with extreme bias for or against the company. Just facts; everything else is worthless. Now if Entropy or Crumbs came on here in their pursuit to better the community with hard facts of why something is the case then I would be behind them 100%. Unfortunately that is not the case. If this company is going to fail, there is no reason for you to be on here then. That's like going on a thread about blockbuster speculation. Trying to sway people from investing. Let the company sink and those who wish to sink with it have the right to do so.

granitemouse

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:35:20 PM

Well said.
crumbs

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:39:32 PM

... Let the company sink and those who wish to sink with it have the right to do so.

If you were quietly going down with the ship, no one would object -- it's your right to do so.
The problem's no one's quietly drowning here.  There's unsettling talk about trading, which means you're planning to sell your tickets to the Titanic, so that someone may drown in your stead.
I'm sure you understand how distasteful that is.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:48:51 PM

But before the progressive news - about month ago - shares were still trading, you were not bothered then and were hardly on here. You said repeatedly back then that you were happy to see all ACtM shareholders burn.

But now very suddenly you care about ACtM shareholders?

It doesn't make any sense. The only thing that has changed is the news from Ken that we have shipped product, that we have IntelliHash, that we are very close to a full production run, that we have all hardware stockpiled for machine build, and that Ken expects to run a very very large mining farm. Oh and we are getting orders of 3Mill (est.) a month online.

So, does that explain your renewed interest? You want in on this action right? Why not say openly? Oh it would drive up share price before you could buy-in? I get you. Undecided

hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:00:05 PM

... Let the company sink and those who wish to sink with it have the right to do so.

If you were quietly going down with the ship, no one would object -- it's your right to do so.
The problem's no one's quietly drowning here.  There's unsettling talk about trading, which means you're planning to sell your tickets to the Titanic, so that someone may drown in your stead.

go get a life you dumb tard, can't believe still you post on this thread everyday, what a sad pitiful life you living.

My point was that you are very hard to take seriously when you sit at home all day with your cats trying to photoshop the next ActM joke.  It seems like something a young child would do with too much time on their hands, yet here you are claiming to "save the world" from Kens elaborate scam.  I find it very fascinating that we are expected to go live on crypto-trade any day now, and the trolling is going harder than ever before.    Let me give you a little history lesson on Labcoin, the ultimate "pass the bag" game.  Labcoin had more trolls than this thread ever had, and rightfully so.  The identity of those involved was very blurry, they posted pictures of cardboard chips, and large amounts of BTC were handed over to those involved (900BTC to theswede, I believe).  At one time, a Just-Dice account was linked to the IPO funds.  Point being -- Labcoin showed legitimate elements of a scam.  ActM, however, has not. You are making assumptions based on the lack of information Ken has provided, rather than information that actually exists.  For this reason, your trolling will not have an affect on the share price, because new speculators will arrive and do their own due diligence.  They will see that ActM is very similar to other developing companies.  A developing company always show a degree of uncertainty, and shareholders are well aware of that.   That is the nature of them.  In fact, it's desirable from the perspective of a lot of investment strategists because the higher risk companies will reward the most profit if they become successful. 

At the time of the ActM IPO, we could have invested in an established company with an actual product such as ASICMINER.  However, we were investors looks for a higher risk/reward pennystock; one that was in the earlier stage of development.  High risk speculators will come and go, they will read your posts and they will even look at your kindergarten art... but in the end, nothing you say will really matter, because they are grown-ups and you are not.

Keep up the photoshopping, and remember, stay inside the lines!

spot on post.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:03:34 PM

Oh gimme a break, you are so full of shit… and could give a flying fuck about "unsuspecting investors" or anyone with you're antisocial "behind the safety of the wall" taunting.

With you're abusive, psychotic and obsessive behavior I'd peg you as a scammer way before any other troll or member on here.

You're not here to save anyone but yourself.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:05:36 PM

This page has 20 posts, 8 of which are from Trolls who weren't interested in ACtM 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago pankakake wasn't here, Entropy wasn't here and crumbs was posting once or twice every other day.

What's changed?

Why are they so concerned about noobs and the 'reputation of Bitcoin' all of a sudden?

Ken isn't raising any more money, he hasn't asked for any money from anyone sincne IPO days many months ago - so the 'scam' claims are not based in fact.

So can someone explain this sudden perfect storm of Troll activity on here?

Anything to do with CryptoTrade??

Roll Eyes

Dude, I have been telling people to stay away from Ken's penny stock scam since before you ever visited this site.

You really should make a spreadsheet showing how AM will capture 10% of the network hashing.  I miss VBS and his Excel based comedy.
crumbs

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

But before the progressive news - about month ago - shares were still trading, you were not bothered then and were hardly on here. You said repeatedly back then that you were happy to see all ACtM shareholders burn.

But now very suddenly you care about ACtM shareholders?

Stuartuk:  
I do not care about Active Mining bagholders.  I warned you, you didn't listen.  My conscience is clear.
I do care about my bitcoin getting infested with lazy scams and failures, so i'm afraid you have to go.
I understand that this seems cruel to you -- chemo is unkind to cancer.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:15:56 PM

Wow! Volanic, you sure do take loads of words, and ramble on and on and one just to confront crumbs, a troll who does not really care about about your verbose way of saying something. In fact, you are feeding crumbs by going on and on like that.

Couldn't you say what you want to say in a simpler way, Volanic?  Such a disappointment!
You know, first you were pro-ActM, then you turned to a hater, now you are pro-ActM, again. We had much greater expectations for you.

Please, in the future, try to write things simply. Maybe it would help if you just dealt with your anger issues BEFORE sitting down and typing.  Just want to help my friend, with some friendly advice.

Uhh, I've received two compliments within an hour of posting it.  That was not a Lorenzo style ramble.  I did not talk about the ferrari I'm going to buy after selling 100k shares for a million bitcoins.

crumbs

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:17:04 PM

Oh gimme a break, you are so full of shit… and could give a flying fuck about "unsuspecting investors" or anyone with you're antisocial "behind the safety of the wall" taunting.

With you're abusive, psychotic and obsessive behavior I'd peg you as a scammer way before any other troll or member on here.

You're not here to save anyone but yourself.

Knybe:
Your understanding of "scamming" is flawed, and your anger misdirected.  It was Ken, not I, who took your money.
And it is true -- my motives are selfish.
I am invested in bitcoin, and i don't want its image tarnished by scams and failures.
On a more personal note, i don't wish my involvement in bitcoin to be a source of embarrassment for me.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:24:53 PM

Dude, I have been telling people to stay away from Ken's penny stock scam since before you ever visited this site.

Indeed you might have done on the old thread 5 months ago, I was doing exactly the same under a different name and that's why Ken turned the IPO on it's head and created a much fairer and safer deal for all shareholders. That's when I invested.

But I don't recall seeing you on this new thread before, yet all of a sudden you are all over the place like a rash. Care to explain why?
crumbs

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:27:50 PM

Ah! So instead of posting Nazi propaganda drawings, maybe you should start an online blog educating people about investment scams, and telling them about how people like me and Ken and VolanicEruption are ruing YOUR bitcoin.

With or without your help, there will be noobs ready to buy Active Mining stock and take it off my hands. You do realize that your strategy is ineffective and in fact you are just making the delusional cheerleaders believe more and are getting the noobs excitedto buy from me once the exchange opens.

Lorenzo:

I understand that my efforts have not been wholly successful.  It saddens me that you plan to dump your bag on some unsuspecting n00b.
This knowledge, reaffirmed by your reminder, only strengthens my resolve.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:30:52 PM

The problem you have crumbs is the price Mr Money Bags wants for his stock. You can't afford it.

lol but keep trying, some silly sod will sell you their shares for 0.0025. They will then regret it for the rest of their lives.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:38:40 PM

Indeed you might have done on the old thread 5 months ago, I was doing exactly the same under a different name and that's why Ken turned the IPO on it's head and created a much fairer and safer deal for all shareholders. That's when I invested.

But I don't recall seeing you on this new thread before, yet all of a sudden you are all over the place like a rash. Care to explain why?

I find it entertaining.  You are a textbook case of delusional thinking.

Care to explain why you feel the need to hide behind multiple names?
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: