Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:33:53 PM

ActM should partner with CloudHashing....

Benefit for CloudHashing - well, they are currently buying expensive gear from others
Benefit for ActM - CloudHashing would provide revenue for massive expansion.

It's a very interesting idea if you think about it. ActM could provide hardware an a JV basis to CloudHashing, the instant return nature of CloudHashing (ie. people pay up-front) would mean the flow of cash back into ActM hardware would be phenomenal... Even at only 10% markup to CloudHashing no hardware costs it would be a super sexy cashflow cycle.

That, or ActM should rent out its own hashing power independently (possibly a better, although more complex, solution)

Actually, ActM should just offer cloud hashing.

Actually they should just build every miner for themselves to maximise profit, unfortunately we have already sold some machines to customers. There is no more +EV option than building all miners for use by active mining unless we charge a figure for cloud hashing that would mean no ROI for customers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:00:54 PM

ActM should partner with CloudHashing....

Benefit for CloudHashing - well, they are currently buying expensive gear from others
Benefit for ActM - CloudHashing would provide revenue for massive expansion.

It's a very interesting idea if you think about it. ActM could provide hardware an a JV basis to CloudHashing, the instant return nature of CloudHashing (ie. people pay up-front) would mean the flow of cash back into ActM hardware would be phenomenal... Even at only 10% markup to CloudHashing no hardware costs it would be a super sexy cashflow cycle.

That, or ActM should rent out its own hashing power independently (possibly a better, although more complex, solution)

Actually, ActM should just offer cloud hashing.

Actually they should just build every miner for themselves to maximise profit, unfortunately we have already sold some machines to customers. There is no more +EV option than building all miners for use by active mining unless we charge a figure for cloud hashing that would mean no ROI for customers.

are you sure actm have sold same miners to customers??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:29:10 PM

It's now Sunday, and our shares are still worthless because we are not on an exchange.
The inability to trade our shares means that we have no access to the Bitcoins they represent, which in turns means we have been defrauded.

If the ability does not exist to get our shares verified, then I doubt the ability exists to make anything else successful.

zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:49:15 PM

It's going to be the New Year before we can trade on CT and that's only my opinion.  I suggest everyone takes a break from this thread and go spend sometime with loved ones over the next couple of weeks.  This will give Ken a bit of space to do the same as I'm sure he's overworked and under stress from all the shenanigans.

By all means keep checking this thread for news, but let's not expect miracles at this time of year when people's priorities should be the family and not work.  If we can get Ken back, rested and energised then our investments are safer as his health is important to us all.

VE, you are starting to swing wildly again.  You are like a pressure cooker and probably on the verge, so why not do the same thing? Put your energy into your family and stop obsessing.  It's only money at the end of the day and not even guaranteed to bring you happiness.  While you sometimes point out how frequently some other people post, you, undisputedly post more than anyone else so this message really is for you as well.

Smiley

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:57:33 PM

When access to my money is not possible, I get angry.  Our shares are worthless until they are on a market.
If he actually sat down for a full work day I bet he could have manually assigned the shares.  It's not that hard.  There isn't that many shareholders to verify.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:16:47 PM

I'm sure that many of us are frustrated, but when you consider what we've all been through and how close we are to palpable breakthroughs, this time of year comes with it's own set of priorities for people like yourself and Ken who as family men have other obligations. 

I found my recent break from this thread of enormous value.  While I was sorely tempted to start posting again when I could see big gaping holes in some of the arguments the detractors were posting, I bit my lip and allowed things to run their course without me, and guess what?  My abstinence made no hoot of a difference.
Taking a step back, even for a while, allows us to consider our priorities which sometimes get lost when we allow ourselves to become fanatically absorbed in this thread. 

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

Keep reposting your demands and stamping your feet like the spoiled brat that you are VE.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

I must be one of the few who really isn't to concerned about his shares
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:41:20 PM

I must be one of the few who really isn't to concerned about his shares

+1 Ken already proved himself to me with the transfer from btctc to bitfunder.  This is just a continuation of the same scenerio. I actually can't wait for the panic/relief selling to grab more shares.    Seems like in general the bitcoin companies are solidifying.  CT has smoothed out now and improving.  JDBIF is right on the money with their calls.  The whole eco system seems to be all geling after these rough past 2months.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:45:06 PM

I am one of the many who has no choice but to care about VE's shares.  We need to get him the best price we can for his 50,000.  The thing with VE is that everything must be done NOW and that's reflected in some of the decisions he's made over the last few months.  Why wait until btct shares are moved to Bitfunder when your can pay $5000 to do it now? Why wait for the Advisory Board to do its job when you can try to barge in and become mortal enemies with a CEO?

I wish he realised that his shares will be worth more the longer it takes for them to get listed.  He wants out, there's no disputing that, but due to his knee jerk personality he's unlikely to make as much money as a calmer head would.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:56:49 PM

The thing with VE is that everything must be done NOW

I'm not asking for much.  It doesn't take that long to verify shares.  All he has to do is work his way down a list and assign the shares to each address.  Then he sends this simple list to crypto-trade and trading can go live.  It's PAINFULLY simple, yet Ken has decided to deliberately delay this task.  Perhaps its his way of "having a hold of everyones balls".  It makes sense now, the way you guys act. 

JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:05:43 PM

I'm not asking for much.  It doesn't take that long to verify shares.  All he has to do is work his way down a list and assign the shares to each address.  Then he sends this simple list to crypto-trade and trading can go live.  It's PAINFULLY simple, yet Ken has decided to deliberately delay this task.  Perhaps its his way of "having a hold of everyones balls".  It makes sense now, the way you guys act.  

It seems to be as simple as parsing a text file for to associated values and then using those two values to A. make the account. B assign it shares C. sending this information to said email address used to make the account.

EDIT: But I could and problem am missing something about why it is taking so long.
gnostication

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:29:47 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 06:26:09 PM by gnostication

So many people here are treating AMC as though it were a real-world corporation.  It is not.

With typical valuation, you use a PE ratio of 10 or higher (generally accepted in the industry) on the assumption that your investment will pay off in 10+ years.  I personally don't anticipate most current cryptocurrency ventures to last longer than 3 years.  However, any speculation is just that: educated bets, at best.

I only "invested" because, rather than simply sit on the obvious deflationary-based increase in value that is inherent in the Coin, I wanted to help the ecosystem grow and *possibly* increase my Coin holdings in the process.  (Though any reward would only be the winnings of an educated bet.)

I only put in whatever I was willing to lose.  People who risked more than they were willing to lose are akin to compulsive gamblers, in my opinion.

Let the man (Ken and team) work.  Understand that it is completely out of your hands.  You invested for whatever reason.  Now let it be and wait patiently.

In patience, all good things may come.
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

I'm not asking for much.  It doesn't take that long to verify shares.  All he has to do is work his way down a list and assign the shares to each address.  Then he sends this simple list to crypto-trade and trading can go live.  It's PAINFULLY simple, yet Ken has decided to deliberately delay this task.  Perhaps its his way of "having a hold of everyones balls".  It makes sense now, the way you guys act. 

I think Ken is ahead of you VE. I think he realized he cannot trust the exchanges and is building something he can go back to should crypto-trade go down, and not have to go through this dilemma again.

I could definitely be wrong, but I'm basing this assumption on Ken's liking of Colored Coins and his experience as a programmer.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:54:26 PM

A typical valuation, you use a PE ratio of 10 or higher (generally accepted in the industry), with the assumption that your investment will pay off in 10+ years.  I personally don't anticipate most current cryptocurrency ventures to last longer than 3 years.

I also used P/E ratio to estimate future share price, but that only works, as you say, in a recognised sector (eg Utilities) in a real world market where companies amongst other things are regulated, have access to a wide choice of capital investment, have a whole sector to base annual profit forecasts on and where they slot into the wider eco-system you could say.

Dividend Yield is a far more sensible thing to asses price on with a Bitcoin start-up especially when divs are paid weekly in this sector.

So AM-PT were operating at an annualised D/Y of approx 3:1. I've suggested ACtM will become an open and accountable enterprise once it starts trading and machines start shipping so that 3:1 could easily become 5:1 as there will be more confidence around the long-term prospects of the company. A safe 5:1 is an exceptional annual return especially in an ever appreciating currency. That is why as BTC takes off higher through 2014 that 5:1 could become 10:1 or higher.

Now to estimate average and target share price you just need an estimate of VMC sales and ACtM farm size in relation to global hash.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:57:01 PM

So many people here are treating AMC as though it were a real-world corporation.  It is not.

A typical valuation, you use a PE ratio of 10 or higher (generally accepted in the industry), with the assumption that your investment will pay off in 10+ years.  I personally don't anticipate most current cryptocurrency ventures to last longer than 3 years.  However, any speculation is just that: educated bets, at best.

I only "invested" because, rather than simply sit on the obvious deflationary-based increase in value that is inherent in the Coin, I wanted to help the ecosystem grow and *possibly* increase my Coin holdings in the process.  (Though any reward would only be the winnings of an educated bet.)

I only put in whatever I was willing to lose.  People who risked more than they were willing to lose are akin to compulsive gamblers, in my opinion.

Let the man (Ken and team) work.  Understand that it is completely out of your hands.  You invested for whatever reason.  Now let it be and wait patiently.

In patience, all good things may come.

You seem to miss the very important point, actually the only relevant point to this whole conversation. Ken has stated twice now that we would be on an exchange by this time I believe. That isn't a huge cause for concern but it does need to be elaborated on. If we have passed the deadline he previously set, then he should give us a new deadline and a reason why we missed the first one. I believe we have a reason why we missed the first one, now we need a new deadline. Otherwise we can tell each other to be patient up until February and gain nothing for it.
gnostication

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:38:15 PM

You seem to miss the very important point, actually the only relevant point to this whole conversation. Ken has stated twice now that we would be on an exchange by this time I believe. That isn't a huge cause for concern but it does need to be elaborated on. If we have passed the deadline he previously set, then he should give us a new deadline and a reason why we missed the first one. I believe we have a reason why we missed the first one, now we need a new deadline. Otherwise we can tell each other to be patient up until February and gain nothing for it.

Mistakes are made.  Especially in the realm of first-round, early-entry startups within a brand new technology sector.

I should hope that Ken is more focused on being operational with the mining and mining-equipment ventures than he is about making shareholders happy with the ability to trade.

In addition, he has been working with "Ukyo" (of BitFunder/WeExchange fame) to try and make the transition more effective.  There is only so much Ken can do when Ukyo is dragging his feet with his Neo Bee activities.  Ukyo HAS STATED that transfer of AM (as well as his own loan) shares is his priority; but I would assume that it's his priority AFTER his Neo Bee work.

Ken is obviously holding out for Ukyo's assistance, because Ken also has better things to do.  Sure, he probably shouldn't have relied on the dates given by someone as unreliable as Ukyo.  However, why are the dates such a big deal?  Either you win or you lose.  Such is life.  You'll find out soon enough and it's out of your control.

Sit tight.  Relax.  Pull the stick out of your butt and maybe smoke a doobie.  I don't care.  But stop your bitching and realize it won't benefit anything or anyone.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:07:09 PM

Where are you getting your information that Ken is waiting on Ukyo to help?  Did you read the last PR release of ACTIVEMINING-PR?  It doesn't seem you have.  Jasun, is that you??

JoTheKhan

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Where are you getting your information that Ken is waiting on Ukyo to help?  Did you read the last PR release of ACTIVEMINING-PR?  It doesn't seem you have.  Jasun, is that you??

Man these guys come in here talking about real world investing and stuff and can't seem to grasp the simplest shit.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:05:39 PM

Where are you getting your information that Ken is waiting on Ukyo to help?  Did you read the last PR release of ACTIVEMINING-PR?  It doesn't seem you have.  Jasun, is that you??

Man these guys come in here talking about real world investing and stuff and can't seem to grasp the simplest shit.

When it comes to SEVERE misinformation, its Jasun that is guilty of that.  He pulls these things out of his ass like no tomorrow.  
I'm 99% certain that this bullshit about Ukyo helping Ken was created by Jasun with a new account.

Jasun, Ken has all the information he needs from Bitfunder records, and has acknowledged that.  There is nothing Ukyo can do.  All that is left is for Ken to sit down and say "this e-mail address has this many shares...etc..."

Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: