Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:34:32 AM

The only way our shares will ever be worth something if they are put onto some kind of market.  

Please continue discussing it.

We are about to go live on CryptoTrade aren't we? Doesn't that constitute 'some kind of market'? I thought that was the idea behind Ken spending 2 weeks coding and sorting out the legalities of this new exchange for ACtM?

So does every little development in Coloured Coins need to be discussed when we will be on CT in a few days? Isn't there a thread for Coloured Coins somewhere?

So the official latest on a coloured coins wallet is-
'only a preview (alpha) version for hardcore enthusiats is available.'
So the news is -  they are still working on it.

If there is anything to discuss please begin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:42:07 AM

The only way our shares will ever be worth something if they are put onto some kind of market.  

We are about to go live on CryptoTrade aren't we? Doesn't that constitute 'some kind of market'? I thought that was the idea behind Ken spending 2 weeks coding and sorting out the legalities of this new exchange for ACtM?

So does every little development in Coloured Coins need to be discussed when we will be on CT in a few days? Isn't there a thread for Coloured Coins somewhere?

Crypto Trade is not a long term solution. Either it's going to get shutdown. The person running it is going to disappear. Some sort of scam is going to come through and fuck enough people or the wrong people over and all the shit is going to hit the fan or something else is going to happen. This is inevitable. Crypto Trade is Ken pandering to the investors until something like Colored Coins comes along. (This being the main reason I did not want Ken wasting time working on this).
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:55:07 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 01:16:18 AM by Stuartuk

Not sure how long CT has been up but the operators of it have been established for 5 years so they are unlikely to do a Ukyo. And as we know they are well out of the reach of the US SEC in HK - so I don't think we will be moving to coins anytime soon. Would Ken spend 2 weeks working on this tender site and scrutinising the legal side of us on CT if it were only a short-term move? I can see us being there for 3 months quite easily.

edit - Ken has responsibilities to his shareholders and he must make efforts to allow for the trading of shares. He's taken that duty seriously, only a negligent CEO would allow public share trading to lapse and then treat it as a side issue. Ken is capable enough to put enough into the business as well as this issue without compromising our time to market.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

What are you complaining about, exactly?  Color coins and crypto trade is ActM related so it can be discussed here.  Simple.
And we have no idea whether or not we are about to go live on crypto-trade.  Ken doesn't seem to accomplish his objectives on time..

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:41:05 AM

In essence, this isn't the thread for discussing every little CC development. Sure let's talk in a general manner about CC and how it may benifit us down the line but do we need to discuss every evaluation alpha or beta release when we have imminent plans to implement on a different platform? But if you want to talk about an alpha CC wallet that we may never use feel free, I won't interfere and its only your own time you're wasting.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:54:11 AM

In essence, this isn't the thread for discussing every little CC development. Sure let's talk in a general manner about CC and how it may benifit us down the line but do we need to discuss every evaluation alpha or beta release when we have imminent plans to implement on a different platform? But if you want to talk about an alpha CC wallet that we may never use feel free, I won't interfere and its only your own time you're wasting.

Are we children?  You're like a little girl who would budge her way into the group of kids and yell "NO!  THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY!"
Okay StuartUK, we'll try to play properly! 
LOL.  Obviously if somebody wants to discuss colored coins, they don't feel they are wasting their time. 
If everyone talked exactly like StuartUK, I wouldn't even bother coming on here.  Please, keep up the variance.. i don't want to just hear "0.04, to the moon!" every fucking day.

finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:58:13 AM

Are we children?  You're like a little girl who would budge her way into the group of kids and yell "NO!  THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY!"
Okay StuartUK, we'll try to play properly! 
LOL.  Obviously if somebody wants to discuss colored coins, they don't feel they are wasting their time. 
If everyone talked exactly like StuartUK, I wouldn't even bother coming on here.  Please, keep up the variance.. i don't want to just hear "0.04, to the moon!" every fucking day.

you mean we arent actually going to hit 0.04?  i had so much faith in StuarkUK's speculation math...
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:00:43 AM

It's really hard for me to stay positive about ActM with the idiots in here.  They make me want to troll.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:08:31 AM

Please don't share your every thought with us VE it's just too much.  You seem to thrive off confrontation, but it's selfish because you are subjecting people to the drudgery of having to read these lame rows you get involved in.  Also, have you any idea how childish you sound by threatening to start trolling again?  FFS just pick your side and stick to it instead of bouncing off the walls like a demented school kid who's eaten too many E numbers.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:11:57 AM

It's really hard for me to stay positive about ActM with the idiots in here.  They make me want to troll.

The people who post here are not ActM.

Stay classy.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:13:32 AM

Well what do you expect? With no information there isn't much to post about so most of us are watching this thread only. Sometimes I respond to bad arguments being made but apart from that I am content with my knowledge thread.

Hint: The people still posting are going to have poor arguments because they must be making up drivel due to the fact that no new information has entered the system.

VE, all the non-idiot posters have mostly stopped posting.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:17:44 AM

you mean we arent actually going to hit 0.04?  i had so much faith in StuarkUK's speculation math...

Disregarding the point about ActiveMining being worth $1,000,000,000 all securities prices are a combination of math and speculation. This applies to every company on the Earth.

Even if a company has a solid fundamental reason for being worth what it is, the marketplace at large, (people) will move the price based on factors such as emotion, faith, wishful thinking and this can counter even the most solid math to price a share.

Shares are a combination of faith based and evidence based pricing models.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:38:56 AM

It's now Sunday, and our shares are still worthless because we are not on an exchange.
The inability to trade our shares means that we have no access to the Bitcoins they represent, which in turns means we have been defrauded.

If the ability does not exist to get our shares verified, then I doubt the ability exists to make anything else successful.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:06:31 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 07:23:25 AM by drawingthesun

It's now Sunday, and our shares are still worthless because we are not on an exchange.
The inability to trade our shares means that we have no access to the Bitcoins they represent, which in turns means we have been defrauded.

If the ability does not exist to get our shares verified, then I doubt the ability exists to make anything else successful.

I really want to trade my shares. I don't understand why it has taken so long. This has been over 2 weeks now.

Ken can you just manually start adding us?
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:54:33 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 10:07:39 AM by babybonobo

I am also very eager, as is everyone else...now that the arguing and bickering has finally subsided I feel like I can finally talk... Cheesy

I tried out the Chroma Wallet today for Colored Coins and it's fairly intuitive and simple--not bloated like Mastercoin. I was able to create monikers for assets and put up bids and asks for them with bitcoins from testnet!  Honestly, I believe that Colored Coins has serious potential positive ramifications for the finance industry.  My only longterm con with it is its speed (TPS)...yes I know that bitcoin's transactions per second will eventually be upped when the network is stronger, but I am unsure if the speed of Colored Coins will ever be able to match something like the NASDAQ in speed, while also supporting inevitable future network growth.

I'm not sure how I feel about Crypto-Trade.com...I know I'm not going to trade my shares away, but I may consider buying some more there.  I hope we can have direct ownership or transfer easily.  I don't like the idea of a centralized trading platform just because of what's been happening this year with all the shutdowns, but it is a good solution for the meantime and it's definitely better than just waiting for Colored Coins.  Honestly, though...I'm foaming at the mouth for Colored Coins--it's genius IMO.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:08:51 AM

I am also very eager, as is everyone else...now that the arguing and bickering has finally subsided I feel like I can finally talk... Cheesy

I tried out the Chroma Wallet today for Colored Coins and it's fairly intuitive and simple--not bloated like Mastercoin. I was able to create monikers for assets and put up bids and asks for them with bitcoins from testnet!  Honestly, I believe that Colored Coins has serious potential positive ramifications for the finance industry.  My only longterm con with it is its speed (TPS)...yes I know that bitcoin's transactions per second will eventually be upped when the network is stronger, but I am unsure if the speed of Colored Coins will ever be able to match something like the NASDAQ in speed, while also supporting inevitable future network growth.

I'm not sure how I feel about Crypto-Trade.com...I know I'm not going to trade my shares away, but I may consider buying some more.  I don't like the idea of a centralized trading platform just because of what's been happening this year with all the shutdowns, but it is a good solution for the meantime and it's definitely better than just waiting for Colored Coins.  Honestly, though...I'm foaming at the mouth for Colored Coins--it's genius IMO.

I assume the coloured coins can be loaded onto a central exchange like bitcoin can be and then traded much faster. Of course they could be loaded onto an exchange like Bitcoin is so no action is ever required by the issuer.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:37:21 AM

Your critique of my point is valid, and I think you raise a very relevant and on-topic point here. I will stop posting my views, as I'm clearly not allowed to, and bow down to the wisdom of posts like yours. Fantastic post VE, really makes sense, your logic is infallible, your evidence is flawless.

Hang on...your support has turned to Trolling at the flip of a switch. Looks like you have just belittled and undermined your entire history on here - your posts are just emotional little tantrums with no thought or analysis behind them. Ironic with you talking about acting like a little girl.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:44:57 AM

That's your first contribution to the thread in quite a while finflof. A worthy post to throw into the ring. You are adding real quality to the discussions on here.

No one mentioned price target, but dont worry, if you never miss an opportunity to stamp on someone's point then run back under your rock you will be doing well. Keep up the good work.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:10:32 AM

ActM should partner with CloudHashing....

Benefit for CloudHashing - well, they are currently buying expensive gear from others
Benefit for ActM - CloudHashing would provide revenue for massive expansion.

It's a very interesting idea if you think about it. ActM could provide hardware an a JV basis to CloudHashing, the instant return nature of CloudHashing (ie. people pay up-front) would mean the flow of cash back into ActM hardware would be phenomenal... Even at only 10% markup to CloudHashing no hardware costs it would be a super sexy cashflow cycle.

That, or ActM should rent out its own hashing power independently (possibly a better, although more complex, solution)

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:06:27 PM

ActM should partner with CloudHashing....

Benefit for CloudHashing - well, they are currently buying expensive gear from others
Benefit for ActM - CloudHashing would provide revenue for massive expansion.

It's a very interesting idea if you think about it. ActM could provide hardware an a JV basis to CloudHashing, the instant return nature of CloudHashing (ie. people pay up-front) would mean the flow of cash back into ActM hardware would be phenomenal... Even at only 10% markup to CloudHashing no hardware costs it would be a super sexy cashflow cycle.

That, or ActM should rent out its own hashing power independently (possibly a better, although more complex, solution)

Actually, ActM should just offer cloud hashing.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: