Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:07:06 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 04:17:34 PM by zumzero

am I completely missing something or are 24TH machines not one of the best products on the markets. (Yes I know not yet, but MAYBE soon)
Surely these machines still have a lot of time before becoming obsolete?

It's important to understand that the ActM hardware is modular.  One of the fair criticisms we hear from people is that it's just a marketing gimmick as a top of the range 24TH miner isn't just your standard PC case full of goodies, it's a big server rack of hardware which requires a decent amount of space, and presumably management.  Ultimately it boils down to how much bang you get for your buck and what fits your budget, and how it compares to the competition.

Entropy's use of the word obsolete made his sentence meaningless.  He was merely trying to have a dig by suggesting there are 'bigger' chips out there, but in reality our eAsic chips are among the leaders in terms of energy efficiency and price per GH.

Edit:  Entropy's post above accepts the fact that ActM's business model works provided we get to market first, making mention of the fact that against our competitors we haven't done so.  That's a little strange given the fact that in his list of competitors, only one of seven have delivered 28nm hardware.  Go figure.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reloaded

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:13:33 PM

[...]
Entropy's use of the word obsolete made his sentence meaningless.  He was merely trying to have a dig by suggesting there are 'bigger' chips out there, but in reality our eAsic chips are among the leaders in terms of energy efficiency and price per GH.

You are mistaken.  Though Active Mining has no working silicon, the projected power efficiency is substantially lower than Bitfury (previous gen tech) and all of the current 28nm chips. 
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:17:42 PM

These are the final days of the    gold rush    pre-CryptoTrade re-float so I had better Troll like a boss to make sure there are some shit-scared sellers in the market and I can buy a shit-load of shares for next to nothing.

Fixed that for you.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

You are mistaken.  Though Active Mining has no working silicon, the projected power efficiency is substantially lower than Bitfury (previous gen tech) and all of the current 28nm chips. 

That's complete BS. You don't know the details.

Who are you anyway? You registered 3days ago and have only posted in ACtM thread. Are you Crumbs? Iceman? Pankkake? You freak.
reloaded

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:34:08 PM

Who are you anyway? You registered 3days ago and have only posted in ACtM thread. Are you Crumbs? Iceman? Pankkake? You freak.

If you feel that understanding of silicon design basics is related to activity on this forum, I'm afraid you are mistaken.  Your beligerance won't change this.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:35:14 PM

Actually it's is fundamental engineering.

An FPGA hardcopy will always be less power efficient than custom silicon.  Based on actual, real hardware in the field, any easic hardware will consume > KNC's 1.3 W/Gh/s.

FPGAs are obsolete in the world of custom silicon.

So what was your old name?  Is that you VBS?

Jesus, you are trying to compare BMW to AUDI!  Or even better,  VOLKSWAGEN TO SKODA.

They all are very much of a muchness and all sell rather well.  Similar specs, similar prices, similar profit.

This blinkered view of the industry does not allow for healthy competition.  Who knows what these companies will be producing in 18 months, and who knows which of them will survive.  This industry is set to continue indefinitely and for those who think that the fight has already been won or lost, they'd do well to open their eyes.

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:35:36 PM

Being less power-efficient than a custom design is generalised BS in this scenario and means very little in the real world.

Specifically what are the percentages? Do you want to give figures or just make general BS statements all day?

If a KnC chip is 10% more power efficient but costs KnC 15% more to source than the eASIC chip which is the 'better chip'?

And what does the extra 20% performance from Intellihash amount to in your book? Nothing I suppose. You will disregard it?

The home mining industry is competitive but that doesn't mean the handful of companies trading in our market will swamp us out does it? That's a ludicrous, mindless thing to say. There is no evidence for it. But there is plenty of evidence that if you price your product correctly in the marketplace you can take a significant portion of the customer base.

Does everyone drive a Porche? No. Ever thought why not?
Does everyone drive the most economical car on the market? No. Why?

You are spouting nonsense least of all am I VBS. I have already said I posted only in the old thread under my first name. I now post under this name. Keep up.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:44:21 PM

If you feel that understanding of silicon design basics is related to activity on this forum, I'm afraid you are mistaken.  Your beligerance won't change this.

ActM has working silicon as they have sold products to customers who are in receipt of said products.  Intellihash (shush!) compatible silicon and associated specs are presently unknown.

Please quantify 'substantially' in the context of your post referencing Bitfury's previous and current tech. as this might allow for clarity.  Whilst I'm an appreciator of efficient use of language, I have reservations about your limited responses.  Do forgive my suspicious nature however, sadly, this is the state of play.

reloaded

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:58:32 PM

You are mistaken.  Though Active Mining has no working silicon, the projected power efficiency is substantially lower than Bitfury (previous gen tech) and all of the current 28nm chips.  

If you feel that understanding of silicon design basics is related to activity on this forum, I'm afraid you are mistaken.  Your beligerance won't change this.

ActM has working silicon as they have sold products to customers who are in receipt of said products.  Intellihash (shush!) compatible silicon and associated specs are presently unknown.

Please quantify 'substantially' in the context of your post referencing Bitfury's previous and current tech. as this might allow for clarity.  Whilst I'm an appreciator of efficient use of language, I have reservations about your limited responses.  Do forgive my suspicious nature however, sadly, this is the state of play.

If you wish to fantasize about shipped product using Active Mining silicon, I can not stop you.  I can, on the other hand, remind you that Active Mining has made no statements about shipping products containing Active Mining chips, and no evidence of such chips exists.

Since Active Mining silicon most likely does not exist, no specs for said silicon exist.  I can say with 100% certainty that no official specs have been released by Active Mining, so you will have to satisfy yourself with "substantially," as inexact as it may be.

I do not begrudge you your suspicious nature, though I am saddened by how poorly it has served you in the field of giving your money to strangers on the internet.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:02:19 PM

Actually it's is fundamental engineering.

An FPGA hardcopy will always be less power efficient than custom silicon.  Based on actual, real hardware in the field, any easic hardware will consume > KNC's 1.3 W/Gh/s.

FPGAs are obsolete in the world of custom silicon.

KNC is about 1 W/hr per GH/s. ActM should be around 0.8 - 0.9 W/hr per GH/s (http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/). Actually KNC's 28nm is far above the minimum W per GH possible for 28nm device. ActM biggest unit pricing for customers starts from $5.9 per GH/s which makes it more then compatible. For the ActM mining farm those prices won't be $5.9 per GH but much less. All of those added to the announcement that we are about to begin the normal volume production soon makes me believe ActM is on track to make a huge profit both from hardware sells and from mining.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:08:08 PM

If you feel that understanding of silicon design basics is related to activity on this forum, I'm afraid you are mistaken.  

I don't understand this sentence...anyone know what he is saying?

If you feel that bitcoin is not for the masses, you have a tenable viewpoint.  Of course, it pretty much precludes bitcoin's mass adoption, on which the success of any currency is predicated.  Those who "...blindly grop[e] at everything without taking a moment to read or think" are the [/i]essential demographic here, one which must be catered to.  This must be done not from misplaced love for the mentally weak, but because their wellbeing is a basic economic necessity.

The problem with the "let them eat cake" attitude is things tend to end badly for everyone involved.

OK so you are Crumbs. The cynical, deeply selfish, arrogant attitude (amongst other things) give you away. You are so much more worthy than all the other weak-minded BTC investors aren't you. Mr Special. Infact, you are the parasite in this non-mutual relationship, nothing but a leech. Do you know how pathetic you are to hold the morally odious viewpoint you have outlined here. You are the definitive Capitalist construction, brainwashed into thinking that you are something special but infact you are just another consumer. You are greed, like the rest, no different, you are just more aware of the on going party. That doesn't make you anything special, not at all.

So Crumbs why don't you close your pathetic 'reloaded' account and act like a grown up? We know you are Trolling for your life before CryptoTrade goes live so you can buy cheap but the prospect of seeing you back yourself up on here for the next few days is depressing. It was just crap when you were backing yourself up as Icebreaker but now you have another alter-ego?! It's too much. It tells me you feel you've lost as Crumbs on this thread. I would agree, and it's not just the deletions that have thrown you, it's the case-for.

Seriously, you are soooo DES-PER-ATE to get in on this aren't you.

By the way:

What is misplaced about love for the weak?
Every viewpoint is 'tenable' - by some rationale or another.
How are you going to cater for this demographic? Buffet?
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:12:35 PM

Whatever happened to that speculation thread? All this talk should be there.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:19:12 PM

If you wish to fantasize about shipped product using Active Mining silicon, I can not stop you.  I can, on the other hand, remind you that Active Mining has made no statements about shipping products containing Active Mining chips, and no evidence of such chips exists.

Since Active Mining silicon most likely does not exist, no specs for said silicon exist.  I can say with 100% certainty that no official specs have been released by Active Mining, so you will have to satisfy yourself with "substantially," as inexact as it may be.

I do not begrudge you your suspicious nature, though I am saddened by how poorly it served you in the field of giving your money to strangers on the internet.

Thank you for revealing more,  but what's this with words like 'fantasize'?

If you don't mind me correcting you, as it seems you aren't privy to the same info as the rest of us, but ActM has made a statement making mention of the fact that orders have been shipped.  So should I take your word or that of Mr. Slaughters?  The rest of the 'evidence' proving ActM goods have been received is unverifiable at this time but is out there for all to see.  Just got to dig a little.

Your posts, while polite and gentlemanlike, have undertones akin to those whose agenda is transparent and it saddens me to see how ineffectual they are.

If I could be allowed to push the boat a little?  You are one of our regular trolls (who are an intelligent bunch) masquerading as a gentleman.  Now fuck-right-off!  Cheesy

edit:  THIS IS DEFFO crumbs!   "...though I am saddened by how poorly it served you in the field of giving your money to strangers on the *internetz*"   Grin

edit 2:  Fuck me sideways,  Stuartuk,  I can't believe you got there first!  lol

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

He's not very subtle, joining as a new member and going straight to the ACtM thread with massive accusations and not even a 'hello what's this about' post.

Crumbs=IceBreaker=reloaded

So WHY oh WHY is he soooo down on this company?

1) He is a stalker
2) He wants cheap shares.

YOU decide.
reloaded

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:38:42 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:52:20 PM by reloaded

[...]

If you don't mind me correcting you, as it seems you aren't privy to the same info as the rest of us, but ActM has made a statement making mention of the fact that orders have been shipped.  So should I take your word or that of Mr. Slaughters?  The rest of the 'evidence' proving ActM goods have been received is unverifiable at this time but is out there for all to see.  Just got to dig a little.

Your posts, while polite and gentlemanlike, have undertones akin to those whose agenda is transparent and it saddens me to see how ineffectual they are.

If I could be allowed to push the boat a little?  You are one of our regular trolls (who are an intelligent bunch) masquerading as a gentleman.  Now fuck-right-off!  Cheesy

I guess I'll have to start by telling you the meaning of the word "fantasize":
fan·ta·size
ˈfantəˌsīz/Submit
verb
indulge in daydreaming about something desired.

With that out of the way, allow me to inform you further:
Virtual Mining website lists many products, such as expansion cases, which do not contain a single hashing chip, making the shipment of such products possible without having chips.  Granted, making claims of shipping is rather misleading, taking into consideration the eagerness of many here to fantasize.  Nevertheless, it is the statement made.

@Stuartuk -
I find it humorous that an admitted sock puppet stalks me, in hopes of showing me to be one also.  Thus far, you have succeeded in disproving your claim that i only post in this thread, and that unlike you, i am not illiterate.  As i have mentioned earlier, your belligerence does not serve you well.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:44:06 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 06:04:04 PM by Stuartuk

Virtual Mining website lists many products, such as expansion case,... making the shipment of such products is possible without having chips.  

Yeah Crumbs, if I needed an expansion case I would definitely seek out a Bitcoin mining company with no history to buy one from. Hey why go to my local PC store?

Muppet.

PS checking you out is not stalking you dear boy. No need to get all defensive. I guess getting rumbled after a handful of posts was not your intention?! It looks like you don't have much else better to do with your life so why not try again - Revolutions next time?  Cheesy
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:44:54 PM

This thread:

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:46:04 PM

This is exactly how the Labcoin thread turned out.  Eventually everyone will stop fighting each other when they discover who the real enemy is.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:46:56 PM

This thread:

Don't stop it now, it's just getting good!
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:53:25 PM

[...]

I guess I'll have to start by telling you the meaning of the word "fantasize":
fan·ta·size
ˈfantəˌsīz/Submit
verb
indulge in daydreaming about something desired.

With that out of the way, allow me to inform you further:
Virtual Mining website lists many products, such as expansion cases, which do not contain a single hashing chip, making the shipment of such products is possible without having chips.  Granted, making claims of shipping is rather misleading, taking into consideration the eagerness of many here to fantasize.  Nevertheless, it is the statement made.

@Stuartuk -
I find it humorous that an admitted sock puppet stalks me, in hopes of showing me to be one also.  Thus far, you have succeeded in disproving your claim that i only post in this thread, and that unlike you, i am not illiterate.  As i have mentioned earlier, your belligerence does not serve you well.

Hook, line and sinker my friend.  From here on in, every word you use will be scrutinised by the regulars and for those not yet convinced, it'll only take a couple moar postz. Me-bloody-ow!   Wink

You got flanked and didn't see the play.

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: