Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:13:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
Xioma

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:36:35 PM

Has anyone actually tried sending in a fake ID? Did it work? Would love to hear your story.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

Well, to send fake ID could be a good idea, or a bad one: it depends who is asking for KYC.
If someone ask your data just for an airdrop or a bounty, you can send fake data without any further problem, probably.
But if you participated in an ICO with some real money, they are asking your data because the government ask them, so if you send fake ID you make something illegal and potentially dangerous: actually, it's the same as to show fake paper to a policeman on the road!
So, think about.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:43:53 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
No, of course they can't verify ID's because it would mean that they have information on everyone in the world. Also if they verify fake ID's or your "friends" ID how will they know that information is fake and investor is not investor?
I call this collecting personal information from people for yet unknown reasons.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:50:27 PM

I can't understand how people can send in their real documents to anyone online. With the way these exchanges are getting hacked, there can't be anything worse than losing your personal documents to these hackers.

But we still send them to exchanges to get our accounts verified, though exchanges can be hacked easily too. Maybe in that case we care about our money more.

Nibelung

Activity: 868
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

I know that every person can buy fake documents on special forums. And it scares me. Now it is too accessible. I am against fraud.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:53:29 PM

this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem

ujinice

Merit: 15

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:57:37 PM

I am more than confident that those people who send their real data, sooner or later will have big problems with the law and tax.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:16:50 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

The first mistake is to send ANY kind of ID to a KYC for an Airdrop. It is a reasonable as giving a copy of your documents to some guy on the street for 10 dollars.
barlo357

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

I think there's nothing wrong to submit your real id to kyc because this is legitimate process even in western union now they required to submit your kyc for safety purposes.But if you are sending a fake id to kyc that is a big problem in future because it might loose your money or profit in the end of the day.

steinkopf

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:51:26 AM

I'm sure that no one should deceive the organizers of ICO and send false documents. It may very badly end for you. If you don't agree with the condition of the KYC, then find yourself another project for investment in which this is not.
Cryptolamo Savonarola

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:45:18 PM

I'm pretty sure that - if someone ask for my passport - I'll send a photoshopped one.
Do you have an idea what a bad guy can do with your data and your passport scan on deep web?
So, no way, more overe that I don't think they have the possibility to verify your data.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:50:01 PM

One  of the main reasons why Cryptocurrencies is famous and preferred is the fact that it provides anonymity. the documents such as passport and ID, required during verification already goes against one of the integral features of the trading platform,However sending fake ID for KYC seems to be a loophole hackers are exploiting. it also leave s a big concern for the future of ICO's.
ICO's are quick enough to accept your monies and yet they requuire KYC.this is really going contrary to the whole ideology of cryptocurrencies.
If banks and centralised organisations are doing this why should ICO's also do this. we really need to address this issues.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

NOT FAIR
I would be very careful handing your information over to any ICO unless you are a huge investor otherwise there is no real need for them to carry out KYC for smaller investors.

I would advise against using fake documentation as it might come back to bite you.

fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:18:45 PM

Whatever strategy you follow just to comply is up to you as long your ready to face the consequences. I honestly think that it is not safe to undergo KYC for airdrops. Perhaps if you are investing in an ICO then its better to send real documents to ensure your participation.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:48:45 PM

Has anyone actually tried sending in a fake ID? Did it work? Would love to hear your story.
I have read that some people have done that and have been successful but you do not really want to get in trouble with the authorities if it is somehow find out that you used fake documents to register in an ico, I do not know the laws in your country but in most countries it is a very serious crime to impersonate someone else or to fake official documents.
jorj_pay_UZ

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:06:47 PM

I have 2 passports, both are real. I use one that is not formally valid, but always passes verification. What are they afraid of verification, we're just bounty hunters and came here to earn a couple of coins)

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:03:04 AM

I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.

I think that there is no way to verify documents properly. Of course scammers and dishonest project participants use this. However, I suppose there is a huge amount of fake ICOs which collect and sell our personal documents and this is much worst. So where is the truth?

If the way you talk like this then this is very bad since our personal identity is very high value.
Selling them by scam ico will impact to us. Maybe there are some project already sell our identity to other scam project. Its scary

cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:28:29 AM

These guys might be making some sense here about the fake ID because we don't know what these governments are up to. Anyway it all depends on the type of questions asked in the form, we should be very careful about it. Like I was telling my friends that the whole idea about KYC negates the principle of decentralization we preaching about.
Derus-93

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:47:00 AM

I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:57:41 AM

When you send a fake id, it is very easy for them to check, if they have access to third party tools such as World Check etc. It is a required for them to report to the central banks if they received any fake documents or id.

KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries. It is a regulation put in place by Central Banks. This is to avoid Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. KYC verification is a crucial part of many transactions. I would gladly oblige/ follow the requirement for KYC if needed. However, they will need to provide the clause that they will only use our data / document for verification purposes only. You may email them first before submitting any documents.

I work in Compliance for a Bank. Soo i handle with fake id's on a daily basis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: