Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:09:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

In general, I think that it is illegal to require the participants of the ICO signature campaign to undergo a KYC check. We are not investors and therefore from us the provision of identification data no one has the right to demand. No other ICO team has indicated on the basis of what normative legal act they require us to provide such information and copies of our passports. Since they also quite often try to deceive us by stating that it is necessary to pass such a KYC check after the end of the ICO so as not to pay the earned tokens to those who for various reasons do not want or can not pass such a check, I believe that to deceive them, presenting other people's copies of passports will be quite appropriate.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:26:05 PM

This is the normal reaction of a person from crypto world  - trying to hide private data and provide fake. It's okay!  fair or not, it doesn't matter.  The main thing is that if managers are satisfied with this, then it isn't so important for the project, otherwise they would not have passed. take it easy!

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Tiklohor

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:31:49 PM

I also think KYC is wrong. and it gives fraudsters a chance to use your data. but without KYC, it is now impossible to get the reward.

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:43:18 PM

No wonder some people easily do KYC even as bounty participants. Even when others complain, these set of people would never complain. I cannot use fake data and so i can't participate in any KYC. I do not even see any reason why i should participate in KYC as a bounty hunter. The only place i feel KYC is necessary is on exchange and this is for security reasons.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

its not really fair, but we cant do anything about that, its actually natural on the campaigns who requires bounty hunters to do kyc, there's a lot of users are using fake ID's. but dont even bother them, just do the right thing, and one day, those cheaters will have their own lesson.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:18:53 PM

I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   

I agree it's like you are gambling with your self and its very risk, people are buying anti malware, anti virus and subscribing to vpn to protect their identity and location while this people freely give it away just like that for a small profit, so be wise don't get in it's a trap.

Palisills

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

Isnt it a crime to send fake documents?
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

Isnt it a crime to send fake documents?
Well, it depends on what the scenario you're applying it for.  In terms of the world of cryptocurrency, one of the  reason why people love its idea is because of its anonomity. Plus, I don't think any team behind an ICO will go through all the trouble of legally suing someone just for passing a fake ID in a KYC.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

I send my true data with kyc.. i think it’s very risky to send fake data because you Can be banned by campaign And won’t be payed
RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:19:40 PM

Because there is no fair third-party verification procedure.
Therefore, these problems still exist. Most of the time, it is difficult for the project team to verify the authenticity of the data.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Devanomrz

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 03:21:22 PM

Some people do that to make their identity is safe
But it's cheating
Now i need to think before do KYC on some website
If i feel safe to KYC i will do that
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:30:57 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Unfortunately, we can not control this process. As much as we do not like, but everything is on the conscience of the project managers. I think that this will not continue for a long time. More and more control over the implementation of ICO by the government. I do not think that some developers just simple collect our data ..
oladejiayomih

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

Those people are not at fault because most people are scared of exposing their identity.
a123uxcz888

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.

But most of these ico companies can't... they do not have access to official databases. They are not authorized to do anything, they can check up your name against the public data that's available.
yorannic

Activity: 317

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:08:59 PM

this is a controversial issue, as probably many people thought about it. but, on the other hand, it will quickly become clear, and besides it is necessary to do selfie. however, this procedure is generally not safe, because you can use your data for criminal purposes.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:13:41 PM

Plenty of people are sending in fake ID's - some are buying them ($50 ish), or getting them public records, etc. It's dodgy sending in your personal data to companies you don't know. You wouldn't hand over your PIN number on your debit card, right?
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

It's true, most people send other people's documents, so I do not see any sense in KYC at all. Forging documents is very easy, anyone can do it with Photoshop.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

Having KYC requirements make a little sense by avoiding having multiple accounts. It is hard sometimes  to get all the requirements needed to get verified especially in IDs, some ICO's want passport ID to be used which I think is too much especially for those who haven't gotten any passport ID that's why they fake it.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:33:06 PM

It's true, most people send other people's documents, so I do not see any sense in KYC at all. Forging documents is very easy, anyone can do it with Photoshop.
That's why for the silly purpose we don't provide KYC to strangers. If you do not apply with your KYC someone will use your info and apply. this is possible in the digital world our personal info will get it on our social media accounts including pics. there is a big value for personal info in dark web.

I think to check our KYC is fake or not they must take permission from our government, So if you send fake ID they maybe can't find you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: