Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:45:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:54:21 PM

It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

Yes i agree with you mate nothing bad to sent real identification for the kyc requirement becuse if have no hiiden agenda there nothing to scared sending real ID. Sending of fake id have a risk becuse have a lwa about that fake ducoment and that is a criminal offense.
Yeah, we should not worry in doing KYC if you had send it directly to their websites not on the third party groups. Doing KYC is mandatory, I also send my real identity just to pass with the requirement needed. I'm hoping that it's for the good and they will not use it to other purpose.
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:57:59 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 05:45:50 AM by GizmoCoinTEAM

That's why I don't believe KYC procedure. I have seen many spammers in a few days to submit a fake profile. Most of spammets stole people's identity, and they submit it for KYC. I think project owners should be more strict or they should use Icosid KYC system. Ivosid is a very good option to prevent fake KYC.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:00:51 AM

I send my ID only for good exchanges. Although i am very regret about that.
Sending an ID for KYC is the stupid things. Its' very dangerous if some bad guy know you details profile. You can send fake ID if you want, although i don't agree with that.
Yeah, KYC is very fragile. I am affraid our data is misused by someone. You should scan ID card. Better find ICO with no KYC or KYC with only phone number. I think wehn KYC is forced more crytpto users tend to move to more anonymous mode to invest.
Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:09:30 AM

KYC is sucking your personal data, be careful to send the doc,.I

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs. Only fools
Actually yes. Onky fools send the real docs. But for me i dont have any abilty to make the fake one.
So i force myself to send my real one. I feel not comfortable with this but i could not do anything. I must do it if not then i will loss money
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:14:40 AM

KYC is sucking your personal data, be careful to send the doc,.I

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs. Only fools
Actually yes. Onky fools send the real docs. But for me i dont have any abilty to make the fake one.
So i force myself to send my real one. I feel not comfortable with this but i could not do anything. I must do it if not then i will loss money

Then you are risking yourself for an identity theft. There'a very high chance it will leak after a months or years because only few projects give importance to security. The ICO management is really just after the money so they don't care if the id it's fake.
ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:23:12 AM

I personally don't like this idea but in reality this is happening. Most of KYCs just needed a photo id and selfie with it. Many people are selling their identity for people that are usually restricted in ICOs like USA and china for example.
josetusdaisy

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:11:58 AM

This is really a question about the legitimacy of KYC, we all know from a fact that KYC can be easily done without sending your real identity. Some people send fake documents for their own purpose, eg. Security and disclosure of their identity, I myself don't want to get involve in KYC that's why I prefer to buy in exchange than in ICO, but now looks like more exchange might require KYC for their costumer. The problem now how can they validate if the submitted ID's are real?
bupbebuon948

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.
Chacon994

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:36:45 PM

I'm just like you sending your real data, because I'm sure of the projects I'm participating in. If you think the project fraud, it is better not to participate at all in it
There are a lot of people using fake documents to get more accounts in one project. I think they should not be involved in all the other projects while they are a scammer
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:47:06 PM

I try not to join the ICO campaigns, which, under the conditions of accession, do not exclude the conduct of the KYC verification in the future. However, if such campaigns put forward such a requirement after the completion of the ICO, then there is no way out. In this case, it would be foolish to send your personal data to people who can eventually turn out to be scammers. Moreover, these persons do not have the opportunity to conduct a full-fledged verification of the information we send. Therefore, I fully admit they are not sending data to the steps, given that the KYC audit should be conducted against investors, and not those who do not invest in ICO projects.
Not join the ico campaign which need kyc is good choice. But how can you make sure that before joining the campaign?
You can not make sure that. As i know, the information will come after ico finish. When we have no choice t send or not. If not complete Kyc so we will loss. What is your choice?
khongthoat01

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:09:14 PM

Verifying the identity to accept the account is essential to protect the interests and assets of the user, I do not complain about this, so will control the account to create name
ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:12:00 PM

Good question, I don't think the ICO-s have the capacity of deeply checking the documents, so probably it is easy to cheat. I would not do that anyways, just not my thing.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:16:58 PM

I didn't pay attention before but there are lots companies offering high quality and reliable fake ID that help buy anything you want. Probably they should be banned
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:52:28 PM

-snip-
Not join the ico campaign which need kyc is good choice. But how can you make sure that before joining the campaign?
You can not make sure that. As i know, the information will come after ico finish. When we have no choice t send or not. If not complete Kyc so we will loss. What is your choice?

Well, there are campaigns that doesn't require KYC. Plus, before joining the campaign, one can simply ask if there will be a 100% assurance that there will be no KYC right after the campaign. By doing so, we can avoid wasting our efforts in case we don't want to join the KYC.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

yeah true. i dont like kyc procedures at all. crypto investments supposed to be anonymous. that is why many people interest in crypto market. but when we give our personal informations to invest, it is too meaningless. there are so many people using fake identities because of this reason.
Old Bindu

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

KEEP CALM and HODL

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:04:33 PM

In fact, I believe that quite a large number of people use fake documents in order to undergo the procedure of KYC. I can not blame them for anything, Because they care about their safety.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:24:39 PM

This has also been my concern. Some of these things are just inevitable. They cannot just be avoided. I have always known that some could go about using fake ID and most times, there is no way the team or those in charge of the KYC, can know about this. Some are just good at deceiving people and it makes them safe. I just believe in doing the right thing at the right time.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:37:10 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

my experience is that for KYC you also need to take your picture with ID or passport, so unless you're a maestro with photoshop, I'm not sure how it would be possible to bypass that one
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:53:21 PM

a serious discussion of such a pressing problem in the forum.Who is afraid to send documents-do not send.who sends fake documents to a crook and a thief.Here because of such people the others also are afraid to send documents for KYC check.who can tell me how your documents without your presence can have some value.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:53:17 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
Not fair? Obviously when people commit crimes like identity theft it's not fair for everybody involved. You think people are fools for not committing extremely risky crimes? For what? What is the end game of stealing somebody else's identity for exchange KYC? Money laundering?

I'd call you a fool for even considering using identity theft and fraud to make some shitty exchange account to "remain secure".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: