Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:54:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
oleg-mihlov

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:31:50 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I didn't fake anything, I covered up all the IDS. Because if they had the opportunity to test them (most likely by illegal methods), they would declare it in large print.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:27:37 PM

I do not think it's a good idea to send fake documents to the KYC procedure! Firstly, in some projects this can be prosecuted by law, in the second you can simply be banned and prevented from going to any project!
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:38:05 PM

I think of sending my ID only and only then when there is a very well known and reputable KYC company hired by ICO. If they try to gather data for them self's ,that is just stupid and i dont even think of it.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:46:02 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

This is how it happens, a huge number of people use fake or other documents to register more than one dozen accounts on the ICO. The procedure in my opinion is idiotic, and nobody needs it. I hope one day they will understand that it is necessary to provide a legal, juridical documents about personal data safety.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:50:26 AM

Sometimes it is right to send prior documents to support the KYC. It is required for their KYC/AML law compliance. But in sending fake documents when you purchase it on the ico, once the team finds out that you send fake documents, you may have a possibilities to be banned by the ico and cant get the amount you purchased.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

If you send false data during KYC, then do not be surprised if false tokens are sent to you. It should be determined whether you play the rules of regulators and pass KYC, or simply do not participate in similar projects. Because of the uncertain behavior and fussiness of the masses - regulators need to be.

Very wise comment men, but according to this, we need to send our ID only for those campaigns, which are trustworthy and the official. Avoiding all the scam projects, which isn't so easy I would say. Nevertheless, I think that ICO process would be changed in near future into something else.

Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 02:24:35 PM

If you send false data during KYC, then do not be surprised if false tokens are sent to you. It should be determined whether you play the rules of regulators and pass KYC, or simply do not participate in similar projects. Because of the uncertain behavior and fussiness of the masses - regulators need to be.

Those who send fake ID's or info may get through the KYC verification, but on a latter part when transactions become huge that deals a huge amount of money, there might be a further KYC verification that asks for another piece of information to procede on your transaction, and that would make your assets on hold.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

Sending KYC with the fake ID is very not fair. however, I don't know what make them do this. I guess that they may have some accounts or live on the forbidden countries to invest in the ICO. that is why they prefer to send the fake ID. But I also believe that the team or developer has their best system to avoid this.
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

Yeah, I've heard about that too. They use some sort of AI bot for docs/faces recognition and don't do that manually. There is nothing we can do.
sammy2394

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:18:32 AM

I think there are some procedures that staff/admin only check a certain part of a data (kyc) means that not all in meticulous with detail,this is what make people to verify with a fake ID and from negligence is sometimes even honest so get carried away and come receive the impact,either banned ip or country.But not all admin/dev,there are still many who carefully in detail the overall kyc
sammy2394

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

I also wonder sometimes about the machine they use for the KYC check. A lot of people submit fake ID and the machine will still confirm the fake ID as original one. In my own view I think all those KYC are not genuine.
Btcirene88

Activity: 214
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:33:03 AM

I also wonder sometimes about the machine they use for the KYC check. A lot of people submit fake ID and the machine will still confirm the fake ID as original one. In my own view I think all those KYC are not genuine.

I think they are genuine ID submitted on the process of veriyfing accounts to proof of know your customers because in the law that is a criminal act, it can be charge for immediate prison for using other personal information of other person not giving you an authority. Hacking personal information is a big sin.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:28:20 AM

NOT FAIR.

KYC implementation is just for compliance for the requirements of securities and government. The ICO team don't really care if your ID is is fake or not. What they really care about us the investors that will pour money on their project.
setancredit3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:34:58 AM

In my opinion, KYC should be provided for government / bank / insurance, when a crypto project asks it someday, I am one with those who send original ID to KYC, Make me wonder where they keep our data later, do they totally matching or securing all the IDs we provide, Had I known this before, I guess, I would not give the original ID. I will send a fake instead, for my protection.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:14:38 PM

It is a hard question for me, because I am swinging between my consciousness, and between fear, that somebody would use my documents, in order to take some loans, or something else. So obviously, I am just trying to avoid those campaigns which are requiring kyc process, or similar.

hoangenc9z99

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:59:34 PM

This is really a question about the legitimacy of KYC, we all know from a fact that KYC can be easily done without sending your real identity. Some people send fake documents for their own purpose, eg.
Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:47:23 PM

This issue is one that requires a serious debates all across the entire blockchain world. The purpose of kyc to my understanding is to verify the authenticity of every customers information, but the other is the case, as people keep sending in fake details.
teriyakiboz

Activity: 93

https://WWW.DAXICO.COM

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:53:12 PM

sometimes i'm a bit hesitant to send id for kyc, worried about being misused for adverse purposes, but many coins that require kyc to complete its requirements ...

■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ■  DAXICO ■  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
HASSLE FREE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
www.daxico.com
wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:58:44 PM

sometimes i'm a bit hesitant to send id for kyc, worried about being misused for adverse purposes, but many coins that require kyc to complete its requirements ...
Those bounty required kyc to the bounty participants is really hard to provide. I am also hard to follow these requirement as this is not safe sending your id to others.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 05:58:09 PM

i am against regardless of the kyc procedures for both the airdrop and the bounty that for the ico, go against the principle of anonymity of the altcoin, then once sent yours documents online (then to whom?) remain forever on the net, i will never join any initiative that requires kyc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: