Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 03:41:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89313 times)
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

Most of the time, ICO team asked us to submit the KYC information, but they didn't really review these data, because even a false KYC information, still can pass their verification, they just to collect the data, I think this is a very dangerous thing.

markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

I saw some cases when people sent the first found copies of IDs on the web and used them as their own for KYC. Actually, they were all accepted. For me, it means that companies, proceeding with the ICOs, are not actually capable to verify these documents.

horner35

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:37:26 PM

I saw some cases when people sent the first found copies of IDs on the web and used them as their own for KYC. Actually, they were all accepted. For me, it means that companies, proceeding with the ICOs, are not actually capable to verify these documents.

Wow that's almost unbelievable.  I think the era of the KYC is coming to an end as everyone is simply sending in false data.  Any project that is peddling a KYC should be outed and brought to the attention of the community as its ineffective and horribly intrusive to us.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

KYC is useless you have to be able to verify it and only the authorities have access to that information. Do you think some random person online asking for KYC has access to your countries ID's to verify it? They cannot prove who you are they have nothing to verify it against so why do they ask for KYC?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
VenturaBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:24:01 PM

That's pretty good though, isn't it? Grin

I'd rather not send my real ID for KYC so if I could get away with a fake one, I'd consider it.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:27:35 PM

Quite a possible situation, because I think investors are very smart people who simply will not merge their documents. KYC is not a way out of the situation, because now it is very easy to buy a passport, which you will be happy to make for a few hundred bucks.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:34:35 PM

This is just a good move,buy fake IDs from the id forgeries and you will be okay,put your picture and if these KYC ICOs will require you to have some selfie go get some selfie with your fake ID,it will be better than sending your legit ID because it might be sold the darkweb just like what other experienced these people behind ICOs cannot be trusted.

Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

KYC is just a formality to avoid government interference. To make it short, they don't really care if your ID is fake or not because  ICO team are just complying to avoid any problem that may occur.
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:27:58 PM

first it is your choice to send fake or not. If you do not want to do KYC  then do not participate in the dealings. by doing this it confirms and other thinks that crypto users are fraudsters.
MaleKing

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:30:34 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I tell you how these people verify the identity of the ones that go through the KYC verification process: They just check if the documentation was sent. PERIOD!
There is no possible tool that allows them to actually verify if you are the real owner of the documents you sent. They don't have and I doubt there is a database of the people.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

This KYC process is just to say that there is a process like this, since it is impossible to know if the person sending the IDs is the same one that owns the documents.
What sometimes makes it difficult is to request a selfie with the ID in hand.
mukidi99

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:36:43 PM

KYC indeed for our personal profile information should be kept secrets so that no people take advantage of things that are not good or evil. Be careful and try to give KYC to a great and valuable project
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

I always do proper research on any site that requested for it, i will never send my personal information to someone i believe will steal or sell it..
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:40:40 PM

This KYC process is just to say that there is a process like this, since it is impossible to know if the person sending the IDs is the same one that owns the documents.
What sometimes makes it difficult is to request a selfie with the ID in hand.
Selfie with ID card will not protect your account from forgery. But I don't know what the point is. The exchange which require the submission of documents for verification work with Fiat. In order to withdraw money you need to provide a Bank card in your name. You can always be calculated based on payment documents. The Bank requires a personal presence to open an account.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
MaleKing

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:41:37 PM

I always do proper research on any site that requested for it, i will never send my personal information to someone i believe will steal or sell it..

I personally do a deep check in on the ICO that's requesting that. I want to be 100% sure that my ID doesn't end up in any 3rd world scam project.
There are many scams that reqest your ID.
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:51:21 PM

Infact those asking for KYC are the ones supposed to be  Kyced. I think these KYC stuffed should be boycotts and let the cryptocurrency community put an end to this once and for all!  Why should anyone reasonably get comfy with your ID in the hand of total stranger.

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:02:57 PM

It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

It's also a gamble to send your real identification data to random strangers on internet.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:05:09 PM

this is interesting, does the ico will notice if you are sending fake ID?
and if you are giving them a good one will they make sure it will be safe>?
KYC "know your customer" is a theft identity for me.

we dont know if we are safe! especially if the ICO having white list and turned out a scam!
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:11:13 PM

Some of the people are doing that because it will prevent their identity be compromised because not all of these KYC verifications are legit.Most of these people who are doing KYC verifications just want to know if they are violating the SEC's regulations because they will be sued if they accepted U.S citizens in their ICOs that is why most of the people are using these fake IDs so that even if they are living in the U.S they can still join these ICOs.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1508

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:23:36 PM

The best solution is to never give your ID to any project unless it's super huge and secure. I suspect there is one so I never give my personal info to these ICO's. It's against the nature of crypto-currencies. I don't think fake ID's can be blocked, there are a lot of ID database floating around.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: