Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:51:23 PM

We cannot stop hackers to hack our wallets. They are relentlessly pursuing our wallets. And they will do what ever they can to stole our coins. So we need to take care always and don't bite the traps that they set.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:54:13 PM

Great information on how to prevent hackers from hacking your wallet however I dont think these hackers can really be stopped. All we just need to do is just be cautious and dont give them a benefit of a doubt to hack your wallet. And always secure your wallet, log in to sites that are the correct ones and not those phishing sites.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:00:05 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Since bitcoin is growing its popularity and become really very valuable. The information that you shared in this tread about internet thieves and hackers is actually timely and informative. Bad guys are always digging for ways on how to steal money from innocent people. So, really the best way to cope with them, is to become aware of their bad tactics and techniques. And, of course , we need to be cautious every time in our personal data.
zhopas

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:01:24 PM

For all beginners those answers here are the most important thing to know because hackers are being aggressive and they are already spread here in bitcoin world. The first thing you should do is to have a knowledge that helps you to be wise and responsible on everything that you do. Next you should not trust on any advertisement that is appearing to your account then the most important thing is not to trust easily for those pretender people who tried to access on your account. There are many tips here in this section and it may help you a lot for you to be safe and secured all the time.
DogmaF10

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:04:05 PM

Sure it is. Every people should apply those steps to minimize any risk to got hacked. Most of hacking happens because of the owner itself. We should very take care of our wallet, especially when we access it (i wont do it) in public wifi.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 02:19:48 PM

Sure it is. Every people should apply those steps to minimize any risk to got hacked. Most of hacking happens because of the owner itself. We should very take care of our wallet, especially when we access it (i wont do it) in public wifi.
yah definitely agree with you hackers are more aggressive nowadays we can't even tell when they will attack and who will be their target

sd
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:43:13 PM

the most popular method that scammer or we can called it hackers is phising, usually they use the domain that have a name like the origial one, like blockchain and bIockchain its look similar for the first see right? but if you access it and you input your data into that site your coin will gone forever stealed by the hacckers, so if you want to login or do something check the URL address first

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:00:56 PM

the most popular method that scammer or we can called it hackers is phising, usually they use the domain that have a name like the origial one, like blockchain and bIockchain its look similar for the first see right? but if you access it and you input your data into that site your coin will gone forever stealed by the hacckers, so if you want to login or do something check the URL address first

indeed right sir the thing about people being the victim of phishing is that they don't check the url or the link they are navigating to that's why they got phished so it is important to check links firsts

sd
zarintasnim

Activity: 1162

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:13:07 PM

Hackers are always try to hack your wallet. You should keep your password and private key safe place on ofline. You should also try to use metamask that give you alert about phising site.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

Hackers are always try to hack your wallet. You should keep your password and private key safe place on ofline. You should also try to use metamask that give you alert about phising site.

indeed there are ways to protect yourself and this are some so it's up on the people if they will listen to this or not this is not to get their money this thread is about educating them

sd
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:36:38 PM

Very well said, this is very much true, first of all let me get pass through every step and move forward to the public wifi, since public wifis are not protected or wherein everyone can easily connect, it simply means that any stranger can easily breach in through your phones through wifi, that is what atleast I know about it, I chose this step because I feel like this is the most important step on avoiding getting hacked, be aware and avoid putting in important information if you are connected to public zones.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

Very well said, this is very much true, first of all let me get pass through every step and move forward to the public wifi, since public wifis are not protected or wherein everyone can easily connect, it simply means that any stranger can easily breach in through your phones through wifi, that is what atleast I know about it, I chose this step because I feel like this is the most important step on avoiding getting hacked, be aware and avoid putting in important information if you are connected to public zones.

definitely through once you are connected to unsafe network meaning you are unsafe too Smiley

sd
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:49:04 PM

Then use a safer wallet, whatever you are doing to protect your wallet while your wallet isnt even safe means nothing
As long as you are still using online wallet like MEW, then please consider another option
Atleast use metamask, best option is get yourself a nice hardware wallet to protect your digital asset

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:53:52 PM

Then use a safer wallet, whatever you are doing to protect your wallet while your wallet isnt even safe means nothing
As long as you are still using online wallet like MEW, then please consider another option
Atleast use metamask, best option is get yourself a nice hardware wallet to protect your digital asset

yes but there are lots of people can't afford to buy  hardware wallets when they got involve in crypto world

sd
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

Using safe hardware

If you really want to be safe on the networks it should start with a trustworthy computer. Go get these things:

1. A crappy used computer with a big HD. It does not need speed or big memory or anything fancy. It doesn't even need a dedicated monitor. I can find a computer like this for free to $150. An old office or family PC with a HD upgrade works well.

2. Create a Linux install disc, an "ISO disc". You probably already have the tools to do this on your computer.  The Linux OS is a far better choice for security. If you are new to Linux you may want to download Ubuntu. It's free, secure, and very easy to use. Even if you are completely new to installing an operating system you will be able to do it.  Besides, if you mess up just start again.

https://www.ubuntu.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28operating_system%29

3. Install only the minimum software to get it stable online then install a bitcoin node wallet like Core. Perhaps it is worth downloading trusted VPN software also. But lie if they ask who you are and only pay in bitcoin. They don't kneed to know who you are to do their job. Select to only apply Ubuntu "security updates" and do install them as they are released. For added security you can compile bitcoin Core  locally from source code. If new to all this then download from the most trusted sources.

https://bitcoin.org/en/download

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

4. Now turn it on, run your wallet and forget about it. This is your wallet now, not a computer. I would not surf the web or use it for anything else. Just keep it synced for when you want to move your money. If you buy something online you will be presented with a public key to pay. But any computer anywhere can pay that address, so you can plug in a monitor and use your wallet/computer. It will offer full blockchain security and will already be synced. And watching your shopping computer will not help an attacker get to your wallet.

Keep in mind that you can throw away all this high security by:

Downloading compromised or malicious software
Telling people your passwords
Writing your passwords on the bottom of your keyboard
Failing to make backups of your wallet - An absolute must!

Hope this helps!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 08:02:22 PM

Good guide for bitcoin users as beginners and for those that cannot afford hardware wallets and always keep your keys in a safe places

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:13:13 PM

In my opinion, the best security is to keep the crypto in the offline wallet. If something is not connected to the network, it is impossible to steal ...
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:18:27 PM

i think nowadays login to some web wallet needed 2FA which means mostly user have connected their wallet with their mobile phone, so for me phising site it's not likes good method for stealing. my opinions is virus or trojan or something like that which that can accessing our computer/mobile and stealing what we typing within, this more dangerous.
ogini

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:35:33 PM

You can also store your pass word off line this also help hackers to reach your account on any cause ,even when you computer is hacker it will also be impossible
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

I think that you can not stop this, you can just follow the recommendations on how not to get caught in their tricks and be extremely attentive to your wallet and responsibly approach the choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: