Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:15:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5304 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:19:36 PM

I do not think hackers can attack your wallet if you do not create opportunities for them. Hackers need a certain amount of information to be able to attack your wallet, so your disclosure of personal information is the reason why you hacked.

yes that's true most of the hackers rely on personal information then after that they make a best way to attack you but there are hackers who randomly hack people.

sd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

The easiest way for you to protect your crypto currency is by keeping it in an offline wallet,
A hard ware wallet is a good one for keeping your crypto safe (Nano Ledger,Trezor) You could also use a paper wallet if you don’t have enough money to buy a hard ware wallet just becareful in securing it.

using hardware wallets is a great idea and great precaution to prevent hacking scenario but there are lot of people that can't afford to buy one since they are newbie they only rely on free and online

sd
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 01:08:03 PM

I don't know. The OP received a lot of merit but I think it only addresses online wallets and only very superficially. Some really basic advice is just not present (have a separate device for 2FA than you use for browsing web - don't use your phone to login and as a 2FA at the same time) and offline wallet advice is missing entirely. I suggest to OP that the work he started is very valuable but please include more deeply advise.

it's not about merit I never force them to give me merit this is just a simplification of the methods I actually breaking it down on my other post if you just dig enough you can see it's basic if you can see this as basic but basic things can protect you if you want more advance just dig on my topics never complain about something that it the only intention is to help not to profit it's better to post the things like this than to post redundant post like "is it time to buy bitcoin", I think the givers are found this helpful  Undecided

in fact you can actually find those deep explanation with video presentation on my profile just dig up first

sd
Gulayman

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:10:09 PM

there are so many ways for you to hack the wallet like never trust anyone and do not want to be involved in anything that you have not yet been memorized because maybe later you will harm it so good to know first before all this part.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:53:11 AM

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This is one of the best things to say for some bitcoin beginners. They always tend to be happy and enjoy public FREE wifis. But they don't even know what the risk is.

If you check the DNS of a wifi network you will see that it is different and I find somehow unusual. Yes, they have their own DNS server. Most of the wifi networks I know is using 192.168.1.1 (to get from the ISP) as DNS, the OpenDNS DNSs (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220) as DNS or 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 DNS from Google.

If I'm unfamiliar with the DNS I don't do bitcoin transactions or any login attempt. Most case's I don't use it.

yes mostly spoofing the network is hard to see but if you are using some sort of securing your DNS then there is a way to protect you but believe it or not most of people don't configure their network and security

I agree, and they ought to know how or why. For those who don't know you can actually edit the current DNS server you are using to any of the DNSs you like.

On Android, I believe it is the wifi settings. Tap and hold the network you are connected and select modify. There you can change the DNS.
On PC Windows, right click the network icon in the tray, it be Wifi or Lan icon. Open Network and Internet settings, Goto Network and Sharing, in connections, click on the network your at, click on properties, and double click on IPv4. There you can change your DNS settings.

Just make sure it is the right DNS or you will not be able to access a website. But you can still connect and modify.

Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:06:12 AM

This is a great and detailed information on how you can prevent hackers to steal your precious coins. I think the most common mistake that people making is opening a malicious email and clicking the link, it happened to my friend and just lost $10k.

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:34:48 AM

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This is one of the best things to say for some bitcoin beginners. They always tend to be happy and enjoy public FREE wifis. But they don't even know what the risk is.

If you check the DNS of a wifi network you will see that it is different and I find somehow unusual. Yes, they have their own DNS server. Most of the wifi networks I know is using 192.168.1.1 (to get from the ISP) as DNS, the OpenDNS DNSs (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220) as DNS or 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 DNS from Google.

If I'm unfamiliar with the DNS I don't do bitcoin transactions or any login attempt. Most case's I don't use it.

yes mostly spoofing the network is hard to see but if you are using some sort of securing your DNS then there is a way to protect you but believe it or not most of people don't configure their network and security

I agree, and they ought to know how or why. For those who don't know you can actually edit the current DNS server you are using to any of the DNSs you like.

On Android, I believe it is the wifi settings. Tap and hold the network you are connected and select modify. There you can change the DNS.
On PC Windows, right click the network icon in the tray, it be Wifi or Lan icon. Open Network and Internet settings, Goto Network and Sharing, in connections, click on the network your at, click on properties, and double click on IPv4. There you can change your DNS settings.

Just make sure it is the right DNS or you will not be able to access a website. But you can still connect and modify.

Yes it pretty much easy just need a little research make sure use a secure dns

sd
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:10:58 AM

First thank you for making so good thread with a detail explanations.
we as a bitcoin holders must be smart to protect our wallet. many phishing site nowadays trying to hack our wallet.
maybe you can recommend everyone the safe wallet to store bitcoin.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:58:09 AM

we as a bitcoin holders must be smart to protect our wallet. many phishing site nowadays trying to hack our wallet.

yes I am recommending users to use safe wallets or hardware wallets it's much more safe to store coins there but there are many people that can't afford to buy hardware wallets so what I do is educate them with more information about things like this.

sd
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

The most commonly found in the loss of bitcoin or altcoin is human error. just enter a private key into an airdrop form and an application that contains trojans or malware that is eventually embedded in the pc. be careful in using tools or applications because of the RAT is not really good. And keep your coin from being stolen by others
Yeah i agree, it is commonly a human error that's why we need to be cautious in accessing sites. Hackers have their ways to fool anyone so as having a crypto wallet we need to safeguard it through an applications or hardware that will protect any cryto wallet.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

There are many phishing sites in online. even some of them appear in email inboxes with certain letters to deceive you into their fake site and login. You have to be really careful with this kind of crime. there are other types such as infecting viruses and stealing data in your computer. you should update antivirus to avoid this crime. there are many other types of crime you have to remain cautious dude
chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:38:34 AM

thank you very much this is helpful with this processes we can think of protecting our wallet to avoid story that touches the heart
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:22:18 AM

There are many phishing sites in online. even some of them appear in email inboxes with certain letters to deceive you into their fake site and login. You have to be really careful with this kind of crime. there are other types such as infecting viruses and stealing data in your computer. you should update antivirus to avoid this crime. there are many other types of crime you have to remain cautious dude

definitely right sir there are lots of phishing site online like there are some phishing attacks that are mostly via email messages this might done randomly or specifically so be careful when opening emails

sd
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:39:05 PM

There are many ways to do so you can stop the hackers to hack your crypto wallet like avoiding phishing sites and showing your private key to the other people because these is one of the reason why they can attack your wallet. Also because of its own carelessness so you to protect and secure your wallet in safety places.

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 01:06:38 PM

There are many ways to do so you can stop the hackers to hack your crypto wallet like avoiding phishing sites and showing your private key to the other people because these is one of the reason why they can attack your wallet. Also because of its own carelessness so you to protect and secure your wallet in safety places.

yes you are right sir this are common ways of hackers in hacking your wallets

sd
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:07:21 PM

it seems that it will never happen because the increasing technology will certainly trigger the hackers to try and always try to steal or break into the technology, hopefully the bitcoin in direct guard with blockchain can not be penetrated hackers.

bob62

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

Wow! Satoshi gives out free bitcoins! https://bitcointallk.org/index.php.topic=5.msg28.php
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:43:36 PM

It must be realized that bitcoin theft is very rampant and we often hear people lose bitcoin, it proves that nothing is safe, then the best way to overcome this is to enable all security features.
MxRizky22

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

This is the best tips ever i read, thank you any way its so very helpfull for newbie like me Grin
Victorias

Activity: 253

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:03:44 PM

Yes, of course, a very good information. We must always be extremely watchful and careful when working with our wallets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: