Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478611 times)
aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:09:01 PM

million dollar marketcap for a project that is a hobo nickel. What a time for everyone. bankers and such are getting the world swept underneath them by nerds on this mongolian pretend money exchange forum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poke@

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:23:43 PM

Just throwing a couple ideas out there that seem to be increasing the value of other coins. We can jump on this trend if it actually benefits the coin with more security.

Systemnodes - I recently learned about this from Crown coin. It boosted there active nodes to over 3000. Not sure what it was before, but it incentivized people to create and hold them active for a small stake. They actually payout more than their masternodes, which I don't personally agree with, however they use their nodes for the marketplace or something important for their system.

Masternodes - This could help lockup some of those richlist coins to further protect the network against a dump when the value increases.
-Possible functions it could serve
-Privacy (Dash, Pivx)
-InstantSend (Dash, Crown)

Re-Brand
The first thing that comes to mind with hobonickels for me is a hobo. Not the amazing art the coins are made into. I think the % of people who know what a hobonickel is, is actually quite small. We should think of rebranding to something similar to how Darkcoin - Dash did.

Coinswap? Recreate? Idk what to call it. Like how BCH did it. Snapshot based method by certain date.
Re-create the current blockchain similar to how DMD did when they upgraded to 3.0. Their POS system also seems to work quite well without hogging many resources at all. Even before the upgrade their wallet ran quite well.

Thoughts? I would love to see this coin succeed and get to a $100M market cap.
Digi7ech

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

HBN <3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:35:06 PM

Is coin age the total age since the coin was moved to your wallet? or is it since it last staked?
Since last staked.
I've got lots of coin blocks with ages in the 50-99 day range. Is there an issue? or a command to rescan the wallet or something for errors?

No issue I can see. How big are the blocks trying to stake.  I have some approaching 30+ days that are 1k-2k in size.
I chunked mine into blocks about 500-200.  Nothing crazy high. Should I maybe just send them to a wallet and back in to refresh the age in a larger block size?

My wallet is also about 3K over what the Cryptoid explorer is saying that I have. What's the command for it to go through my wallet to find errant transactions to make it sync?

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:10:44 PM

million dollar marketcap for a project that is a hobo nickel. What a time for everyone. bankers and such are getting the world swept underneath them by nerds on this mongolian pretend money exchange forum

Back in November 2013 Bitcoin was discussed on a major BBC news programme.

The reason I remember it so well is thus.
Emily Maitlis (presnter) mentions a list of coins right at the top

https://youtu.be/pF_WaKytYT8

HBN staked (pun intended) it's place right there!

I nearly fell off my chair! Tea went everywhere. Girl does her homework, props.

HBN survived (that's what hobos do right) and by the looks of that current price chart this year is shaping up to be flippin epic!

Actually quite an interesting watch now we know the story this far.

Versaldex

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:03:29 PM

Sorry to bother you again but I was curious what happens if I download the HoboNickels-qt once again. It seems to contain 100% the same private keys as the first download and it also shows the same wallets. May I ask is this due to the IP address or the same Computer or what is the reason?
If it is related to the same internet connection then it might not be a good idea to download a wallet on a public computer because the next guy could download it as well and would have access to the same private keys. Sorry, but I am new and I see that security seems to be the biggest issue in crypto Thank you again!
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:09:31 AM

The public addresses and corresponding private keys are in the wallet.dat file.

You don't ever "download" this as part of the qt package instead it is created the first time you run the wallet client.
If you move this file (don't permanently delete them ever, even one with no coins) the client will create a new one ( this will contain a completely new set of private / public keys)

In Windows the wallet file can be found in the following directory

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\HoboNickels

This folder holds all the block-chain and transaction state data but most importantly the wallet.dat

Good idea to keep a regular backup of the wallet.dat file as it contains all your current addresses (including change addresses) - The block-chain holds all the tranactions

In short that wallet.dat is EVERYTHING. Take care of it, it's the only access to your coins and no one can help you replace it.

Sounds like you re-downloaded the HBN client software. You ran the software, it found the data folder already existing from your previous experimenting so just started up and connected to the network.
In this case you would not notice anything change.
Try renaming you wallet.dat and running it again. You'll get a new set of addresses because a new wallet.dat has been created.

Lastly passphrase protecting you wallet will encrypt the wallet.dat data and add an extra layer of security should it fall into the wrong hands.

Versaldex

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:51:09 AM

Thank you for your answer, I will try that immediately and rename it. As I downloaded it from github, this (=it is created the first time you run the wallet client) should be true for all other coins from this site, right?

And as I only want to dump the private key in order to create a paper wallet, I do not need any updates of blockchains or nodes or whatever, correct? This would be too much for me.  Smiley
Thank you!
Versaldex

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:59:19 AM

Sorry, I have only the HoboNickels-qt and if I open it,the wallet itself but not wallet.dat.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:45:43 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 02:07:34 AM by Tranz

Is coin age the total age since the coin was moved to your wallet? or is it since it last staked?
Since last staked.
I've got lots of coin blocks with ages in the 50-99 day range. Is there an issue? or a command to rescan the wallet or something for errors?

No issue I can see. How big are the blocks trying to stake.  I have some approaching 30+ days that are 1k-2k in size.
I chunked mine into blocks about 500-200.  Nothing crazy high. Should I maybe just send them to a wallet and back in to refresh the age in a larger block size?

My wallet is also about 3K over what the Cryptoid explorer is saying that I have. What's the command for it to go through my wallet to find errant transactions to make it sync?

First try repair wallet. Then you can try to rescan via  a shutdown and then -rescan=1 on the command line. Both will take some time. So start it up and walk away for a while

Sorry, I have only the HoboNickels-qt and if I open it,the wallet itself but not wallet.dat.

The wallet will not exist in the same place as the QT. Try to open Windows Explorer and type %appdata%/HoboNickels . That should take you to the wallet.dat.

Perhaps take a look around the WIKI page.  Might have a gem or 2 that can help you. http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just throwing a couple ideas out there that seem to be increasing the value of other coins. We can jump on this trend if it actually benefits the coin with more security.

Systemnodes - I recently learned about this from Crown coin. It boosted there active nodes to over 3000. Not sure what it was before, but it incentivized people to create and hold them active for a small stake. They actually payout more than their masternodes, which I don't personally agree with, however they use their nodes for the marketplace or something important for their system.

Masternodes - This could help lockup some of those richlist coins to further protect the network against a dump when the value increases.
-Possible functions it could serve
-Privacy (Dash, Pivx)
-InstantSend (Dash, Crown)

Re-Brand
The first thing that comes to mind with hobonickels for me is a hobo. Not the amazing art the coins are made into. I think the % of people who know what a hobonickel is, is actually quite small. We should think of rebranding to something similar to how Darkcoin - Dash did.

Coinswap? Recreate? Idk what to call it. Like how BCH did it. Snapshot based method by certain date.
Re-create the current blockchain similar to how DMD did when they upgraded to 3.0. Their POS system also seems to work quite well without hogging many resources at all. Even before the upgrade their wallet ran quite well.

Thoughts? I would love to see this coin succeed and get to a $100M market cap.

Thanks for this and all of your input, much appreciated.  First off I am not the only voice here, so others are allowed to say their peace. But for my part I will not Coinswap, recreate, whatever.... This against the very nature of DLT and I won't have a part of it. Others may do this all they want, I can not and will not stop them. But I will always put my time and effort into HBN.

Yes the name may not be the most popular ever. But I like it. And for my future end state, of creating a charity coin that can will be accepted by so many organizations around the world, it actually does fit.  Imagine going to Red Cross, or Food Banks, or you local Church and seeing this symbol and name.  This is my vision.

Regarding Masternode, or Lighting network, or SegWit or whatever the flavor of the day is. Sure I would love to have that type of stuff implemented. But... unless I get major help coding, testing, re-coding, testing, etc, it may not happen anytime soon.  I am but 1 man with a lot on my plate, but HBN is where I started and where I will stay, long term.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Versaldex

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:12:35 AM

The wallet will not exist in the same place as the QT. Try to open Windows Explorer and type %appdata%/HoboNickels . That should take you to the wallet.dat.

Perhaps take a look around the WIKI page.  Might have a gem or 2 that can help you. http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

That worked, I deleted the wallet.dat and opened the QT again and now the addresses I had generated are gone and the new addresses are completely new generated, thank you again for your patience, no more questions! Smiley
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:34 AM

No discord chat for this coin? I just found it and t looks interesting, considering buying some to start staking, would be nice to have a chatroom to talk with fellows $HBN holders  Smiley

Also, are you guys planning in doing more marketing this year? I think all this coin needs is more exposure, the coin concepts and team look solid for what I see.

Look at $MONK for example, very overlooked gem with low circulating supply and less than half a mill cap that was pretty much dead for weeks after a lot of people dumped hard and price took a massive hit, all it took was the start of some marketing engine with good tweets and positive posts here on the ANN thread, look where it is now, price is solid at over $4 a coin and over 3-4 btc volume everyday, even after this MONK is sitting waaay down in the CMC chart at #789, this because of the very low amount of coins in circulation.

HBN on the other hand has already 59 millions in circulation!!! the coin goes to $1 and boom top 250, which will definitely attract much more attention, the thing is, price isn't magically going to go up if there's nobody (or pretty much nobody) promoting it, go to twitter now and put $HBN in the search bar, what do you see? Nothing. Nobody is tweeting about this coin. I know, it may sound dumb but lots of people go on twitter to search for opinions, see if there's other people buying. There's a lot of coins out there and they all are trying to convince buyers, we need some real marketing work here if we want to make this coin worth something one day, I'm just fucking saying.

For a solid POS coin all you need is basically good staking rewards, a good dev (which seems to be the case here) and not a crazy inflation (which also seems the case here) the problem is that there's too many POS coins out so you need to add some little things that other POS coins don't have that would make it unique, or at least more valuable, I like the charity thing but it may not be enough, the coin is just stuck, starting a social media bounty might help get things going, hope to hear you guys answer from this.

Everything you say is very true.  Panpine has taken over the twitter and Facebook page and has brought new life into them. I am very happy about this. We owe him a high 5 at least. But we could use more help no doubt.  So Tweet, book, gram,  or whatever you young'ns do now-a-days.  This is truly a community coin. The more the community puts into it the more we will all get out!

I think we may try to use some of the HBN foundation money to help pay for a few advertisements on here, facebook, or other places.  

That worked, I deleted the wallet.dat and opened the QT again and now the addresses I had generated are gone and the new addresses are completely new generated, thank you again for your patience, no more questions! Smiley

Great to hear! And ow worries we are all learning together. Just remember the words of advice, your wallet, and really your private keys are the only access you have to unlock you coins. Loose them and your coins are gone!

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
brokk

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:20:41 AM

No discord chat for this coin? I just found it and t looks interesting, considering buying some to start staking, would be nice to have a chatroom to talk with fellows $HBN holders  Smiley

Also, are you guys planning in doing more marketing this year? I think all this coin needs is more exposure, the coin concepts and team look solid for what I see.

Look at $MONK for example, very overlooked gem with low circulating supply and less than half a mill cap that was pretty much dead for weeks after a lot of people dumped hard and price took a massive hit, all it took was the start of some marketing engine with good tweets and positive posts here on the ANN thread, look where it is now, price is solid at over $4 a coin and over 3-4 btc volume everyday, even after this MONK is sitting waaay down in the CMC chart at #789, this because of the very low amount of coins in circulation.

HBN on the other hand has already 59 millions in circulation!!! the coin goes to $1 and boom top 250, which will definitely attract much more attention, the thing is, price isn't magically going to go up if there's nobody (or pretty much nobody) promoting it, go to twitter now and put $HBN in the search bar, what do you see? Nothing. Nobody is tweeting about this coin. I know, it may sound dumb but lots of people go on twitter to search for opinions, see if there's other people buying. There's a lot of coins out there and they all are trying to convince buyers, we need some real marketing work here if we want to make this coin worth something one day, I'm just fucking saying.

For a solid POS coin all you need is basically good staking rewards, a good dev (which seems to be the case here) and not a crazy inflation (which also seems the case here) the problem is that there's too many POS coins out so you need to add some little things that other POS coins don't have that would make it unique, or at least more valuable, I like the charity thing but it may not be enough, the coin is just stuck, starting a social media bounty might help get things going, hope to hear you guys answer from this.

Everything you say is very true.  Panpine has taken over the twitter and Facebook page and has brought new life into them. I am very happy about this. We owe him a high 5 at least. But we could use more help no doubt.  So Tweet, book, gram,  or whatever you young'ns do now-a-days.  This is truly a community coin. The more the community puts into it the more we will all get out!

I think we may try to use some of the HBN foundation money to help pay for a few advertisements on here, facebook, or other places.  

Well I think that's some progress, I'm glad to hear that.

It seems that you are the only one handling the whole ship and I can understand that it's probably too much work for 1 man especially if you want to implement some stuff like Masternodes, have you considering maybe try to hire or find some more people to join the HBN dev team? I'm sure there is a lot of people interested out there especially since this is a pretty old coin and it seems to have a good community around it already, we can help with tweets and all that but it's going to be enough HBN right now is like at the bottom of the ocean now so it's going to take to heavy work to make it afloat again, new people who find this coin also will want to see progress from the dev team, ok the coin is out wallet is working but what are the goals, is there special features of this coin? is there a roadmap? are masternodes coming? when are they going to be implemented? is it going to be listed on more exchanges? These are all questions new people will be asking and I think we need to have this ready before starting with the big advertising engine.
panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:04:56 AM

Hello I am not Twitter admin , just a bit for Facebook. Twitter is other guy and he do terrific job!

I am not for using money for advertisement on fb twitter  yet, I think the main goal should be to get to another high volume exchange, coin is in the risk of liquidity while on just one exchange .
Anyone idea where to get? We tried binance - dont know if any outcome , http://bitcoin.co.th/ - they just thanked me , livecoin.net - replied they start adding new coin into new version of web only, which should be somewhere in february.

I would say we should do the bounty for anyone who gets us to some proper exchange.

And I will repeat : please donate HBN Foundation to the address in my and Tranz footer, we need a cash to make some flash

panpine

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:41 AM

And there is one more funding address which is in BTC 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw , Tranz please confirm this is true, thanks

CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:25:46 AM

@Tranz: I can make a german ann thread here in the forum for Hobonickels and take care of it. Do you have interest in it??  Cool
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

@Tranz: I can make a german ann thread here in the forum for Hobonickels and take care of it. Do you have interest in it??  Cool

That would be awesome! Thank you.
And there is one more funding address which is in BTC 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw , Tranz please confirm this is true, thanks

Yes True. I will add it to my footer here and on the web page.

There are so many fake COINS now, I really don't know what coin to hold, I don't know if you have any good recommendations.

Depends what you are looking for? If you want a smooth staking coin. Well look no further? If you have other ideas? Well..

Well I think that's some progress, I'm glad to hear that.

It seems that you are the only one handling the whole ship and I can understand that it's probably too much work for 1 man especially if you want to implement some stuff like Masternodes, have you considering maybe try to hire or find some more people to join the HBN dev team? I'm sure there is a lot of people interested out there especially since this is a pretty old coin and it seems to have a good community around it already, we can help with tweets and all that but it's going to be enough HBN right now is like at the bottom of the ocean now so it's going to take to heavy work to make it afloat again, new people who find this coin also will want to see progress from the dev team, ok the coin is out wallet is working but what are the goals, is there special features of this coin? is there a roadmap? are masternodes coming? when are they going to be implemented? is it going to be listed on more exchanges? These are all questions new people will be asking and I think we need to have this ready before starting with the big advertising engine.

Have considered getting more dev yes. Don't have a ton of Crypto to throw out though. Especially if we also want more exchanges, many of which require a bounty.

I will put out a road map here. It won't be anything Earth shattering, but some of my vision.

panpine

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:36:27 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 10:32:29 PM by panpine

https://www.reddit.com/r/hobonickel/new/ reddit is sloppy nowadays we should work on that

anyone experience with https://tradesatoshi.com/addcoin ? is it worth considering 0.5btc to get there?

CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:56:07 AM

@Tranz: I can make a german ann thread here in the forum for Hobonickels and take care of it. Do you have interest in it??  Cool
That would be awesome! Thank you.

OK. I will take care of it next week. I post the link here when i ready. Smiley
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:04:57 PM

My Son and I are working on the Roadmap today. I am letting him do the graphics to earn a little HBN.. :-)

I have officially opened a Discord Channel. Come one come all !
https://discord.gg/JendXsA

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:42:49 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 02:54:03 AM by Tranz

Feedback on these please. If we are happy I can make them official.

Edit: They are offical. Unless anyone see something glaring they want me to change.

Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: