Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:10:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

Yes its another expense most wouldn't choose to do, but we feel keeping production of these miners local, rather than outsourcing everything to china like most, will pay off in the end. Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip is now produced in America, by Americans.

AMT

WTF??? It was not supposed to be the chips from Bitmine (Switzerland)HuhHuh
Again we have confusing misleading info.

I assume English is not your native language so you're probably interpreting the sentence incorrectly.  What AMT is saying there is that the chips and the cases are NOT made in USA but all other components for the completed rig are made in the USA.

You are right about the language, but that's the importance of a comma

"Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip, is now produced in America, by Americans."

Better now?
Thanks in advance!

Ya grammatically it was not correct in AMT's original post.  Your version is technically the correct way to format that sentence.  Good or bad North American's have seemed to place less and less emphasis on punctuation and spelling in the last 20 years (myself included).  I personally make and read so many mistakes IRL and in various forums everyday that it just washes off unless the mistakes totally screw up the meaning or my understanding of the text.  I can see how it would make things a little more difficult for someone who doesn't speak English natively though!
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:08:44 AM

Yes its another expense most wouldn't choose to do, but we feel keeping production of these miners local, rather than outsourcing everything to china like most, will pay off in the end. Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip is now produced in America, by Americans.

AMT

WTF??? It was not supposed to be the chips from Bitmine (Switzerland)HuhHuh
Again we have confusing misleading info.

I assume English is not your native language so you're probably interpreting the sentence incorrectly.  What AMT is saying there is that the chips and the cases are NOT made in USA but all other components for the completed rig are made in the USA.

You are right about the language, but that's the importance of a comma

"Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip, is now produced in America, by Americans."

Better now?
Thanks in advance!

Ya grammatically it was not correct in AMT's original post.  Your version is technically the correct way to format that sentence.  Good or bad North American's have seemed to place less and less emphasis on punctuation and spelling in the last 20 years (myself included).  I personally make and read so many mistakes IRL and in various forums everyday that it just washes off unless the mistakes totally screw up the meaning or my understanding of the text.  I can see how it would make things a little more difficult for someone who doesn't speak English natively though!

You are all looking too much into this.   A few week ago everyone was saying AMT was a fraud  now we are correcting their gamer lol
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:03:17 AM

I know this isn't really the best place to do so but we have been trying to get our $$ back from AMT for a couple weeks now with various voicemails and emails sent their way and no response as of yet except 1 missed phone call returned.

If you could please, we would like our money returned for Order #1196.

We are trying not to get upset about it and be as respectful as we can.

We decided we jumped the gun and just want out. Simple as that.

Please AMT, refund our order. We'll keep calling/emailing in the meantime.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

You are all looking too much into this.   A few week ago everyone was saying AMT was a fraud  now we are correcting their gamer lol

"Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain "

In that sense, yep, they are still frauds. They are deliberately deceiving (prospective) customers.
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:14:47 PM

I know this isn't really the best place to do so but we have been trying to get our $$ back from AMT for a couple weeks now with various voicemails and emails sent their way and no response as of yet except 1 missed phone call returned.

what did you order?
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

i spoke to Alyssa this morning and AMT still doesnt have the payment processor issue solved yet. was told it would be fixed january 1 but not so....

grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

what did you order?

The 1.2 TH/s box preorder
plp

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:07:18 PM

any information as to if they have gotten there Chips or when is that they are getting it ? if any one has gotten any info on this please let me know thanks
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:41:13 AM

they said they will get the chips this week.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:10:08 AM

Yep, chips this week, then start shipping within 7 days of receiving them.  The day they get the chips is not in their control, but the shipping is. 

That said, it is my hope they get stuff right and don't rush stuff out before it needs to go.  I certainly hope that things start shipping out next week, but of course I want it to be right.  There is a lot more lost time in shipping a product not ready to go out, than in taking the time to get it right before it ships in the first place.
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:51:36 AM

I heard the same chips this week, already vetted a few board designs with pre-order chips earlier from Jan with a few partners, it's looking more likely that late January ship date is becoming real ... I have 2 x 1.2's from early Oct order, so expecting it to be in one of the first shipments. If I do get it at the end of the month, happy to get pictures and maybe a video of it running, I'm no videographer so don't expect anything better than Biomech's great video effort ;-)
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:54:11 AM

Yep, chips this week, then start shipping within 7 days of receiving them.  The day they get the chips is not in their control, but the shipping is. 

That said, it is my hope they get stuff right and don't rush stuff out before it needs to go.  I certainly hope that things start shipping out next week, but of course I want it to be right.  There is a lot more lost time in shipping a product not ready to go out, than in taking the time to get it right before it ships in the first place.

Not sure about getting it right first time? This is a brand new chip and product based off it, maybe a few iterations before that really happens? But like you I do hope that it does work really well out of the box.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:26:44 PM

I heard the same chips this week, already vetted a few board designs with pre-order chips earlier from Jan with a few partners, it's looking more likely that late January ship date is becoming real ... I have 2 x 1.2's from early Oct order, so expecting it to be in one of the first shipments. If I do get it at the end of the month, happy to get pictures and maybe a video of it running, I'm no videographer so don't expect anything better than Biomech's great video effort ;-)

Hey! I resemble that remark...

I have a better camera now. Next time I have some time, I'll do a better video Smiley
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

So we've been getting a good deal of calls from clients inquiring about the the case parameters and rackmount/upgrade options. We also realize that we have two types of customers, guys that know how to operate CGminer and guys that don't. Period. This thread has gotten a lot better regarding the negativity and we'd like you guys to know that you we do hear your suggestions and we do take your advice from time to time.

That's why we're going to offer a few case options to customers which ordered the 1.2. We'll show them off next week of course but for the now, one case is the standard desktop lian li, a mod between the x900 and the A77, something in the middle.

The other option would be a rackmount case similar to bitmines coindesk that we all have already seen, those that see themselves putting this in a data center for example could benefit from that case more. Both cases come up slots for upgradable modules, and upgrade modules will be available for clients starting Feb 15th, we'll figure out pricing in a bit for that one.

Next week we'll send out the two (or maybe three) options via email to current clients and you'll be able to choose which is best for you and your orders assembly. Any feedback or suggestions is always appreciated, we'd like the community to get more involved as well.

'

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

So we've been getting a good deal of calls from clients inquiring about the the case parameters and rackmount/upgrade options. We also realize that we have two types of customers, guys that know how to operate CGminer and guys that don't. Period. This thread has gotten a lot better regarding the negativity and we'd like you guys to know that you we do hear your suggestions and we do take your advice from time to time.

That's why we're going to offer a few case options to customers which ordered the 1.2. We'll show them off next week of course but for the now, one case is the standard desktop lian li, a mod between the x900 and the A77, something in the middle.

The other option would be a rackmount case similar to bitmines coindesk that we all have already seen, those that see themselves putting this in a data center for example could benefit from that case more. Both cases come up slots for upgradable modules, and upgrade modules will be available for clients starting Feb 15th, we'll figure out pricing in a bit for that one.

Next week we'll send out the two (or maybe three) options via email to current clients and you'll be able to choose which is best for you and your orders assembly. Any feedback or suggestions is always appreciated, we'd like the community to get more involved as well.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
majalen33

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

We appreciate the hard work! Could we be offered the upgrades prior to the current models being shipped out? This way the customer would not have to pay double for shipping and AMT would get less work on your shipping end. Could we get multiple miner discounts as well?
WinterParker

Activity: 356

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:36:02 AM

I received my miner today and I am looking for the password to log into the client portal.  Anyone that got a miner know where to find it.  I thought it might be on a sticker because there is no documentation inside the package.. They did include a Ethernet cord though, that is a first for me when getting mining equipment from a manufacturer.  Although an extra board would have been nice!  The case looks super sleek, like a lyan li case or however you spell it.  It is a lot lighter than i would've thought as well.  Let me know about the password if anyone knows where it is...

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:45:32 AM

I received my miner today and I am looking for the password to log into the client portal.  Anyone that got a miner know where to find it.  I thought it might be on a sticker because there is no documentation inside the package.. They did include a Ethernet cord though, that is a first for me when getting mining equipment from a manufacturer.  Although an extra board would have been nice!  The case looks super sleek, like a lyan li case or however you spell it.  It is a lot lighter than i would've thought as well.  Let me know about the password if anyone knows where it is...

Maybe here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403223.0

Or ask him  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:17:10 AM

Maybe here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403223.0

Or ask him  Grin

Contact Jim at AMT, but last I asked the portal was broken. It's supposed to be fixed. I'm not sure I'm allowed to give out the passwords I was given, but they didn't work as of a few days ago anyway Smiley

I'll ask again. I've been futzing with the settings for a few days now, though, so I can probably help with any issues you run into. Have you logged into the machine yet?

clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:09:18 PM

what miner did you order?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: