Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
RWmax

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:29:36 AM

Sirminesalot:

You are a joke and obviously a hired troll. Your posts are retarded, and obviously created to try and sway readers opinions of AMT. No one cares who is behind AMT or who works in their office. No one cares about corporate filings and registrations in an industry that creates a deregulated currency.

I'm a fan of AMT. I love the fact that they just get'r done. They are an unorthodox group of guys from Philly, they lack that high level of class and pr that we all know so well from so many other companies that have made us wait or havn't delivered at all. Their pricing is affordable and their legal status is unknown or possibly somewhat grey. They offer a product, we buy it and it works. If i had to compare the characteristics of AMT to anything, the first that comes to mind is simply.. Bitcoin itself.

I was hesitant at first but after receiving one of their 128's and excellent support from Jim while setting it up, I ordered three 1.2th's.

My experience thus far:

I ordered a 128ghs in late November, I received it the first week of January. They were late with about 5 days from their suggested 4 week delivery. This was attributed to the holidays.

When I received my miner it was a bit discombobulated due to shipping and possible poor installation/mounting of the boards. I spoke with jim on the phone, he walked me through it step by step and i was mining about 30 minutes later and have been so since. Also, it was at 12:30am when he provided that support.

I felt happy, and satisfied, and the next week I ordered three 1.2's and look forward to receiving them.

Sirminesalot, your efforts to tarnish this one legitimate company are noticed by many, they see through your bullshit and they realize your a either a paid shrill or 14 year old that cant afford a miner. Please take AMT's earlier advice and just go away. No one likes you here and your ultimately not welcome.

The difference between every other mining manufacturer and AMT is the personalized approach they offer to their clients. The fact that they are even trying to give support is a plus in my book, I ordered from Hashfast and I still can't get them on the phone.  AMT answers the phone when you call and returns messages when you leave them. They are one of the 4 companies in this great country of ours that manufacture these machines and we need to support them in anyway we can to help them become the empire they will become. They are still offering March delivery while everyone else offers May, its because they are real and that's the real build time based on their current orders.

I don't want a slice of credible PR followed by a bad news report or updates in my inbox regarding delays and upgrades on a minner that will never come. I dont need technical details of their miners or pics of their boards or care who's chip their using. I need a hashrate and consumption estimate. I took a gamble on this industry, on bitcoin, on the difficulty and on the guys from AMT. And how ever unorthodox they may be, they are in America and they have shipped miners.

That's all I care about, receiving my miners.

- Max order#1162
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:56:01 AM

Sirminesalot:

You are a joke and obviously a hired troll. Your posts are retarded, and obviously created to try and sway readers opinions of AMT. No one cares who is behind AMT or who works in their office. No one cares about corporate filings and registrations in an industry that creates a deregulated currency.

I'm a fan of AMT. I love the fact that they just get'r done. They are an unorthodox group of guys from Philly, they lack that high level of class and pr that we all know so well from so many other companies that have made us wait or havn't delivered at all. Their pricing is affordable and their legal status is unknown or possibly somewhat grey. They offer a product, we buy it and it works. If i had to compare the characteristics of AMT to anything, the first that comes to mind is simply.. Bitcoin itself.

I was hesitant at first but after receiving one of their 128's and excellent support from Jim while setting it up, I ordered three 1.2th's.

My experience thus far:

I ordered a 128ghs in late November, I received it the first week of January. They were late with about 5 days from their suggested 4 week delivery. This was attributed to the holidays.

When I received my miner it was a bit discombobulated due to shipping and possible poor installation/mounting of the boards. I spoke with jim on the phone, he walked me through it step by step and i was mining about 30 minutes later and have been so since. Also, it was at 12:30am when he provided that support.

I felt happy, and satisfied, and the next week I ordered three 1.2's and look forward to receiving them.

Sirminesalot, your efforts to tarnish this one legitimate company are noticed by many, they see through your bullshit and they realize your a either a paid shrill or 14 year old that cant afford a miner. Please take AMT's earlier advice and just go away. No one likes you here and your ultimately not welcome.

The difference between every other mining manufacturer and AMT is the personalized approach they offer to their clients. The fact that they are even trying to give support is a plus in my book, I ordered from Hashfast and I still can't get them on the phone.  AMT answers the phone when you call and returns messages when you leave them. They are one of the 4 companies in this great country of ours that manufacture these machines and we need to support them in anyway we can to help them become the empire they will become. They are still offering March delivery while everyone else offers May, its because they are real and that's the real build time based on their current orders.

I don't want a slice of credible PR followed by a bad news report or updates in my inbox regarding delays and upgrades on a minner that will never come. I dont need technical details of their miners or pics of their boards or care who's chip their using. I need a hashrate and consumption estimate. I took a gamble on this industry, on bitcoin, on the difficulty and on the guys from AMT. And how ever unorthodox they may be, they are in America and they have shipped miners.

That's all I care about, receiving my miners.

- Max order#1162

And who the fuck are you exactly? .. What credibility do you have? Just another new sign-up that no one knows or can give a reference to. Please, prove me wrong.

All I am doing is asking some obvious questions because the updates are sparse, uninformative, and the responses on this thread of quite frankly a joke. I'm not the only person with these worries, there's about 75 pages in this thread of concerns. Why don't you read back a bit and take a look at what others have to say?

You guys are a bunch of fucking ass kissers. I hope you get to rub it in my face if/when you receive your miners - but I think everyone took a large gamble on a shady ass company such as AMT.

Get a clue, you act like everything related to AMT has been on the up and up. Every aspect of AMT is shady in one way or another, and I refuse to accept it as coincidence.

This also isn't some pre-order gameboy, or some toy we bought into here. Several people have tens of thousands of dollars into this.

I think people DO want to know who is behind AMT. At the end of the day, AMT has OUR money - so YES, i'd like to know who's responsible. You fighting this fact alone makes me question your decision making.
RWmax

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:26:21 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 05:37:29 AM by RWmax

Sirminesalot:

I'm a repeat customer of AMT. My first order has been fulfilled, my second order will be fulfilled as well. If i follow this thread right, your not even a customer of AMT.

We're not kissing ass, we're just glad that there is a company that is legit, located in america, and ships miners to it's customers.

If AMT delivers, people won't care who is behind it. Just like you don't care who is behind the majority of the products you buy. When you book a plane ticket, do you care who is behind Expedia? No you don't, you simply reserved your plane ticket, and Expedia takes your money for your order.

AMT just got their chips in on Friday the 31st. They reported a problem with the boards on Wednesday, and honestly i'd be skeptical if there wasn't a problem.  Ordering new boards takes time, 3 business day minimum and express prices are quite a lot in the PCB printing world. If they get their boards in this week, yes they could ship out end of the week, beginning of next week. And they have just said that they will do just that.

If they have their chips for more than a month and haven't delivered anything we will start asking questions. But as of now, if they start shipping next week, that'll actually be impressive in this industry.

Also, those that have declared ownership, paid for PR, had great reps and good backgrounds, skillsets applicable to the industry and millions to work with still have not gotten the job done. In such instances all we see is a name of a guy we don't know who made a miner that overheats. But at least we know his name, his position, his title and ownership percentage, and the fact that he probably wears his BLUETOOTH headset while he bangs the broad of the evening which has been written off as a company expense. That's really important stuff.

At this point, we'll take the shady co from Philly that sells on amazon which has already delivered a product.

Sirminesalot, I don't think you mine a lot. And again no one likes you.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:38:05 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 05:50:05 AM by ISAWHIM

This also isn't some pre-order gameboy, or some toy we bought into here. Several people have tens of thousands of dollars into this.

I think people DO want to know who is behind AMT. At the end of the day, AMT has OUR money - so YES, i'd like to know who's responsible. You fighting this fact alone makes me question your decision making.

If "you" are one of those people with tens of thousands of dollars spent on AMT... It is a little late to be asking NOW, all this information.

For those of us who were "satisfied" with the information provided, we made purchases, or inquired directly with them. We didn't wait until after buying, to bother and ask... "Are you even real?"

That is one reason why I wouldn't answer some of these responses. The others, have all been appropriately answered, to the best of their ability, or desire.

Do you care who runs apple... Do you care where apple is registered... Do you care if apple supports the Spanish-mafia with your purchase... Do you think apple would call you back after having purchased a pre-order for a product that is not even out yet... Do you even know where your apple product is being made... Does apple give you updates to delays of future products, before they are sure there is even a delay...

Inquiring minds want to know. (By the way, the answers to those things are not what you would believe, if I told you. Your research will not give the same results as my actual inside knowledge of apple. "Public image" and "perception", is not the reality of the world we live in. We only think it is... That is why it is called perception, and public images. Don't even ask me about "Hallmark Cards"... Nothing is as real as it seems.)

You are right, this isn't apple... That is a horrible comparison... Lets try this one again... BFL... KNC... CoinTerra... (insert any ASIC produced item here, pre-ordered)

If you wanted a product-babysitter, you should have paid the extra $100 for the micro-second status-update twitter-feeds, like I did... (That was a joke, it was actually $200 for that.)

If "you" actually wanted to know this stuff, "you" would have contacted them directly, not indirectly in a public forum. Sorry, but they don't have to tell, "forum-user-guy", crap... Again, if you failed to ask this stuff prior to a purchase, that ship has sailed. You took the risk, accepted it, and now you have no choice except to wait. You chose that path. Live with the consequences of your own actions. Though, you are crying over spilled milk. Loud... Like a child... When children cry, we beat them until they shut-up... Well, I do... That is what I was taught by my parents... Come to think of it, that didn't work too well for them either.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:48:35 AM

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks. I didn't come here to make friends, I came to get answers.

Yes, a lot of people care about where they buy product from (ex: i dont want to support Walmart).  You would think in the mining business (which is risky as hell) people would be more interested in who's selling them what, and who's responsible when the shit hits the fan.

At this point I could give a shit whether either of you 'anti-troll brigade' get ripped off. Fuck it, there are stupid people in this world and no one can change that.

It's obvious the common sense left this thread with the rational people about 25 pages ago, when they said "fuck this" and looked elsewhere for a miner.

Let's see what happens next week (again).
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:58:48 AM

And who the fuck are you exactly? .. What credibility do you have? Just another new sign-up that no one knows or can give a reference to. Please, prove me wrong.

The same questions to you. You too are just another new signup to post in this thread. And who are you to demand proof of anything from anybody?
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:00:45 AM

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks. I didn't come here to make friends, I came to get answers.

Whatever. Answers for who? Did you make an order?

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:18:07 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 07:11:35 AM by loshia

I know the details of their business are shady, that is why I'm asking they post PICTURES of all the chips, boards, power supplies and cases. We can debate the other things until the cows come home - but if they provide actual photos of all the hardware they have been purchasing to build these miners out, it will put everyone (including myself) at ease.

This isn't an unrealistic request. GET TO IT!

There's a photo of batch #1 that shows clearly that there at least 1,500 coincraft A1 chips.    At say 40 chips per machine, that makes about 37 units.

40 chips per machine for 1.2 TH?

That is a joke dude that makes about 2.4Kw at the wall.

or put 80 chips per machine to reduce power - not going to happen
They should split that and deliver two machines instead of one Grin

One for living room and one for dining room connected to separate fusses  Grin and the beauty is that when you need to turn on your oven, washing machine, air conditioner or whatever  you will need need to turn off your AMT machine. Grin
Apart of the jokes for all you who are waiting for the AMT machines. Do you homework and be prepared for huge power draw for 1.2 TH check your fuses, wires in your homes in advance and make sure you can provide enough power for this beasts in advance! In order to continue to live like a human using your tv, washing machine and so on when you need/want to Smiley

I am wandering what they are producing actually at full speed Grin And what they will deliver next Week as promised?
And why they do skip such a simple questions about power draw, chip count per device and so on.
Before going to production a prototype is needed a hashing one. Did they skip this part at all? Do they have a prototype before production?
Any way we will wait and see.............
PS: I am still taking bets about power
Are some brave guy's here who want to make quick money Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
RWmax

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:24:54 AM

I know the details of their business are shady, that is why I'm asking they post PICTURES of all the chips, boards, power supplies and cases. We can debate the other things until the cows come home - but if they provide actual photos of all the hardware they have been purchasing to build these miners out, it will put everyone (including myself) at ease.

There's a photo of batch #1 that shows clearly that there at least 1,500 coincraft A1 chips.    At say 40 chips per machine, that makes about 37 units.

One for living room and one for dining room connected to separate fusses  Grin and the beauty is that when you need to turn on your oven, washing machine, air conditioner or whatever  you will need need to turn off your AMT machine. Grin
Apart of the jokes for all you who are waiting for the AMT machines. Do you homework and be prepared for huge power draw for 1.2 TH check your fuses, wires in your homes in advance and make sure you can provide enough power for this beasts in advance! In order to continue to live like a human using your tv, washing machine and so on when you need/want to Smiley

I am wandering what they are producing actually at full speed Grin And what they will deliver next Week as promised?
And why they do skip such a simple questions about power draw, chip count per device and so on.
Before going to production a prototype is needed a hashing one. Did they skip this part at all? Do they have a prototype before production?

I'll take that bet. I'll bet 1btc they come in at 1w per ghs or under at nominal speed with a 10-20% increase overclocked. 1.3w/ghs max overclocked.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:31:56 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 08:05:10 AM by loshia

I'll take that bet. I'll bet 1btc they come in at 1w per ghs or under at nominal speed with a 10-20% increase overclocked.
The minimum is 7 btc 1:3 bet seven and earn 21 dude.

Have in mind that we are talking for 1.2T MASS SHIPPED units only. I do not care if they are overclocked with 40 chips inside or they are underclock with 200 chips inside. Up to AMT. in theory they can make it for a prototype but in practice they will deliver 1.7W.Gh at least

so my conditions are:

I bet 21BTC you bet 7 BTC if i loose you get 21.  if i win i get 7. And bet is 1.2 TH unit consuming 600W at the wall. To make it easier for you we will take 900w AMT highest expectations so we are talking about 900W at the wall
Do you take it?
PS:
900W at the wall means 0.75W/GH just the chip data sheet power about 1V Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Complete Nonsense!!!!!!!
Or i propose to make a group bet then. Collect 7 btc and let me know. then you will split my 21 between all participants Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS:
You have a slight chance to win if your power supply company provids you with 1V DC instead of 120/220 AC Grin I am wandering what is the voltage in your home at the wall 1V DC Grin Grin Grin Grin
I guess no but miracles  still do happen Cheesy
And RWmax went offline Cry Cry Cry Cry

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
RWmax

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

I'll take that bet. I'll bet 1btc they come in at 1w per ghs or under at nominal speed with a 10-20% increase overclocked.
The minimum is 7 btc 1:3 bet seven and earn 21 dude.

Have in mind that we are talking for 1.2T MASS SHIPPED units only. I do not care if they are overclocked with 40 chips inside or they are underclock with 200 chips inside. Up to AMT. in theory they can make it for a prototype but in practice they will deliver 1.7W.Gh at least

so my conditions are:

I bet 21BTC you bet 7 BTC if i loose you get 21.  if i win i get 7. And bet is 1.2 TH unit consuming 600W at the wall. To make it easier for you we will take 900w AMT highest expectations so we are talking about 900W at the wall
Do you take it?
PS:
900W at the wall means 0.75W/GH just the chip data sheet power about 1V Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Complete Nonsense!!!!!!!
Or i propose to make a group bet then. Collect 7 btc and let me know. then you will split my 21 between all participants Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS:
You have a slight chance to win if your power supply company provides you with 1V DC instead of 120/220 AC Grin I am wandering what is the voltage in your home at the wall 1V DC Grin Grin Grin Grin
I guess no but miracles  still do happen Cheesy
And RWmax went offline Cry Cry Cry Cry

First off Loshia, something i've wanted to mention for a while is  how you use the expression "at the wall", which is really "to the wall", and comes from the expression "balls to the wall", which is an expression used to represent acceleration or "full throttle" which was created by pilots who would push the throttle lever (the ball) to the point where it actually touches the panel (the wall). And we know you mean it from a consumption standpoint of course, I just wanted to throw that out there. Say "to the wall".

I think the 600W to 900W quote is a bit unrealistic yes. But I also think your 1.7W is a bit too much. That why i said i'd bet on 1w/ghs nominal and 1.3w overclocked or "to the wall". And yes this will be from the miners AMT ships, not demo's of course.

If you really want to make it interesting we could a .4w over/under 1.1w/ghs spread bet with a parlay for hashrate expectancy. What do you think?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

First off Loshia, something i've wanted to mention for a while is  how you use the expression "at the wall", which is really "to the wall", and comes from the expression "balls to the wall", which is an expression used to represent acceleration or "full throttle" which was created by pilots who would push the throttle lever (the ball) to the point where it actually touches the panel (the wall). And we know you mean it from a consumption standpoint of course, I just wanted to throw that out there. Say "to the wall".

I think the 600W to 900W quote is a bit unrealistic yes. But I also think your 1.7W is a bit too much. That why i said i'd bet on 1w/ghs nominal and 1.3w overclocked or "to the wall". And yes this will be from the miners AMT ships, not demo's of course.

If you really want to make it interesting we could a .4w over/under 1.1w/ghs spread bet with a parlay for hashrate expectancy. What do you think?

He means he measures it "at the wall" socket using a Watt meter or kill-a-watt meter. Its the usual term, you are the one who is confused.

At the wall just means that is what the psu pulls from the wall socket compared to what the miner pulls from the PSU.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RWmax

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:11:52 AM

First off Loshia, something i've wanted to mention for a while is  how you use the expression "at the wall", which is really "to the wall", and comes from the expression "balls to the wall", which is an expression used to represent acceleration or "full throttle" which was created by pilots who would push the throttle lever (the ball) to the point where it actually touches the panel (the wall). And we know you mean it from a consumption standpoint of course, I just wanted to throw that out there. Say "to the wall".

He means he measures it "at the wall" socket using a Watt meter or kill-a-watt meter. Its the usual term, you are the one who is confused.

At the wall just means that is what the psu pulls from the wall socket compared to what the miner pulls from the PSU.

That's obvious, but the expression should still be to the wall, or more over if we're being very correct about it, it should be "from the wall". But "to the wall" kinda says it all. But com'n its Loshia, its not my place to correct him because he has been a valuable member of this forum as far as I see, hes a good guy really. I think AMT should send him a miner to review.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

+1 Biffa Smiley
so my English is not native. To make it clear for you i am still taking bets if:

http://mineforeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mining.jpg

They have to make 900W like the picture above. Clarification black power cable which is connected to kilawatt should be cumming from AMT machine

And do belive me AMT is misleading you a lot about actual power consumption assuming their unit is doing 1.2T. PERIOD. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NEVER

RWmax

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:37:48 AM

+1 Biffa Smiley
so my English is not native. To make it clear for you i am still taking bets if:

They have to make 900W like the picture above. Clarification black power cable which is connected to kilawatt should be cumming from AMT machine

And do belive me AMT is misleading you a lot about actual power consumption assuming their unit is doing 1.2T

I did not mean to offend regarding the literary correction, please don't take offense.

I don't think AMT meant to mislead, I also don't expect them to come in at 900W overclocked either. I do think they will hit 950W to 1100W range at nominal speeds and 1200W to 1400W overclocked.

If you can find a bet in there. I'll take it.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

+1 Biffa Smiley

And do belive me AMT is misleading you a lot about actual power consumption assuming their unit is doing 1.2T

I did not mean to offend regarding the literary correction, please don't take offense.

I don't think AMT meant to mislead, I also don't expect them to come in at 900W overclocked either. I do think they will hit 950W to 1100W range at nominal speeds and 1200W to 1400W overclocked.

If you can find a bet in there. I'll take it.
Dude,
I do not feel offended not at all. Without tying to offend you  you sound like my Literature teacher when i was in 8 grade. Speaking to much and telling nothing. Same like government guys do. When you ask a question you expect a clean response which is not happening. That is their job after all never to give clear answers and always disguise the truth Wink
Stop talking about normal and turbo mode speeds. Just tell me what bet are you taking for 1.2TH unit measured at/in wall or which way you like it as long it is same like the picture posted. We do not care about turbo/non turbo mode, chip count and all that stuff. The only thing that we do care about is 1.2 TH ONE unit making 1.2TH mass shipped not a sample

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

+1 Biffa Smiley

And do belive me AMT is misleading you a lot about actual power consumption assuming their unit is doing 1.2T. PERIOD. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NEVER

You are likely correct about the power requirements of a coincraft A1 device.  After all, you have one in hand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:28:47 AM

they are either:

1> a scam

or

2> completely incompetent

Let's hope for #2

You have not answered the question.  Are you an AMT customer?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:34:30 AM

You are likely correct that Bitmine's 28nm chips are hitting the limit of residential house hold circuitry.   That is the same for every other 28nm manufacturer.     In fact even the 20nm KNC Neptune will hit the power limits. 

It is kind of a dead end for ASIC devices,  they've finally reached parity with GPU in terms of lack of power efficiency!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:21:17 AM

My experience was that most were legit despite the legislative atmosphere, but they did NOT comply with the hydra headed, deliberately designed to drive commerce out of the commonwealth legislation. To remain in business, they paid the demanded bribes. Not all that quietly, either. Who was paying and who was on the take was common knowledge. When the revolution comes, PA's legislators will be the first against the wall. One of many reasons I no longer live in that benighted state.

"When the revolution comes"?

LoL

Facts remains, with revolution or not, AMT is not presenting themselves as the legit entity which they claim to be.

LOL. I am an anarchist. But all Empires fall, and this one is committing public suicide at an incredible rate.

I will grant that AMT has not been the most professional of entities. FWIW, they admit it. I think they just don't know how to fix it, and are trying their damnedest to deliver a quality product. I think they'll iron out their customer service issues. When I have interacted with them, they were cordial, stressed out, and came across very good as hardware people. Not so much as businessmen. We all gotta start somewhere. I think what you're seeing is a few people with good intentions and good skills at the back end, and no clue at the front end. It happens. It has happened with much larger companies. I don't know how old you are, but do you remember the Commodore Amiga? Way ahead of it's time. Should have dominated the PC market, even with IBM as a competitor. But they marketed the damn thing as a gimmicky video game instead of the most powerful personal computer on the market. Now they are a memory. It is my hope that AMT does much better, because right now they have very close to the best bang for the buck. Also because they've been cool to me, personally, but that is not enough to recommend a company. I wish it was, because it is true.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: