Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:49:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:27:12 AM

cgminer uses TCP for communication. Does it not...
over TCP, it broadcasts HTTP, does it not... (You connection is to http://somesite/yourminer)

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/key-differences-between-tcp-and-udp-protocols/

Wiki the TCP protocol, and find the "method for broadcasting a packet". There is an "OK" in that, is there not...
Wiki the HTTP protocol, and find the "method for responding to a http request". There is an "OK" in that, is there not...

Now packet-sniff the data from your miner, or look at the source-code. There is an "OK" for accepting or rejecting submitted shares, is there not...

Anyways, this is getting off topic... How many chips! lol.

In any event, none of that happens when solo-mining. That happens more, the lower the diff-share you use, as you are submitting more shares per second, to the pool-address you are connecting to. work = time = loss

P.S. I program raw sockets, TCP and UDP connections, and HTTP/FTP/SMTP protocols. I am not just speaking out my ass... all the time. xD (Fortunately, I don't do anything major in programming, except create my own tools for my own use. I am a horrible coder, and worse GUI guy.)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

cgminer uses TCP for communication. Does it not...
over TCP, it broadcasts HTTP, does it not... (You connection is to http://somesite/yourminer)

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/key-differences-between-tcp-and-udp-protocols/

Wiki the TCP protocol, and find the "method for broadcasting a packet". There is an "OK" in that, is there not...
Wiki the HTTP protocol, and find the "method for responding to a http request". There is an "OK" in that, is there not...

Now packet-sniff the data from your miner, or look at the source-code. There is an "OK" for accepting or rejecting submitted shares, is there not...

Anyways, this is getting off topic... How many chips! lol.
You are unbeatable dude i admit it Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:47:38 AM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1BA1Y3xvLbSYU9TqcxUspXzEn1roSStCVr
Not looking good to me at all.
And before ISAWHIM kicks in and start to explain about diff, networks, optimizations VARIATION and whatever he can think of the picture is not good!
The only good excuse will be that they have power outages or ISP issues or that this is the only working prototype they have which is tweaked constantly Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Which sounds ridiculous to me personally.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:50:47 AM

You are unbeatable dude i admit it Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

lol... no...
ask me about females, and I am lost...
ask me about TV-shows, and I am lost...
ask me about Obama-Care, and I am lost...
ask me about dressing well, and I am lost...

I know less than most, about most things that many know more about... Even less about what I actually know. Assume I am wrong, research it, and you will live longer, but have less useful knowledge of anything-else.

Favorite color: Plaid
Favorite food: McDonalds
Favorite drink: Coffee
Favorite past-time: Taking everything apart
Biggest challenge: Putting one of those damn things back together, without spare parts left-over, and have it work.
Enjoys: ... silence (Ironic isn't it)

Yes, I am constantly fighting-off the ladies with all my desirable traits... Tongue And making new friends!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:05:19 PM

Nice stats...
862GHs at about 0.16554912 BTC per day... (That is not quite a 1.2THs miners results, if it is, you are getting raped by the pool.)
That is roughly 4.9664736 in 30 days... (But lets assume 2-months, with the slowing network growth.)

What price will you be cashing-out at?
Who actually mines BTC directly?

I would not be cashing-out until BTC reaches $1000+ again... Total units estimated over the life of that machine above, would be about 12.65BTC, over a 2 year period... What will BTC be then? $30,000 per BTC, or back down to $30 per BTC... Who knows... no-one... But most believe it will be higher, so assume 10% of the worst estimates from people who actually know what they are talking about.

Looks like BTC is having a hard time pushing through $500 again... All those alts cashing-in for pennies on the dollar. That'll fade, until summer-time, when it returns to something around this price again.

The good news is that BTC seems to be on the floor. The bad news is that the money is under the floor. (I like to point out the obvious.) You don't make money if the market doesn't move! (That requires it to go up AND down. Thus, "Motion".) BTC on sale now 60% off!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

Nice stats...
862GHs at about 0.16554912 BTC per day... (That is not quite a 1.2THs miners results, if it is, you are getting raped by the pool.)
That is roughly 4.9664736 in 30 days... (But lets assume 2-months, with the slowing network growth.)

I would not be cashing-out until BTC reaches $1000+ again... Total units estimated over the life of that machine above, would be about 12.65BTC, over a 2 year period... What will BTC be then? $30,000 per BTC, or back down to $30 per BTC... Who knows... no-one... But most believe it will be higher, so assume 10% of the worst estimates from people who actually know what they are talking about.

Looks like BTC is having a hard time pushing through $500 again... All those alts cashing-in for pennies on the dollar. That'll fade, until summer-time, when it returns to something around this price again.

The good news is that BTC seems to be on the floor. The bad news is that the money is under the floor. (I like to point out the obvious.) You don't make money if the market doesn't move! (That requires it to go up AND down. Thus, "Motion".) BTC on sale now 60% off!
The point is that IT IS !!!UNDER PERFORMING!!! And you have just admitted that fact Grin Grin Grin The funny part is that this supposed to be the unit from yesterday video which make most of you orgasmic Grin Grin Grin
And before your next wise comment please take your pills and visit your doctor Grin Grin Grin Then write as many comments as you want

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:19:10 PM

Nice stats...

How many times during the lifetime of BTC that it has become extremely unprofitable for miners?  Happens all the time, and when you least expect it... boom... all of a sudden BTC is profitable again!  BTC is an economic system where the cost of mining places a floor on the actual price.

The alt-coin aren't really detrimental to the price of Bitcoin.  That's because alt-coins are also a source of demand for Bitcoins.  There is no way to buy an alt-coin without converting your fiat into Bitcoin.    However Bitcoin dwarfs all alt-coins combined.

What is very interesting though is that all mined coins have a natural seller in the miners.   If you look closely at coinmarketcap.com you will not a couple of 'unmined' coins,  MSC, NXT and Ripple.   The price of these are higher than many other crypto-coins.  The reason is that there is not natural seller.  The selling of miners of the coin actually is a downward pressure on the price of the coin, that couple with the constant dilution.  What is absolutely amazing is that the price of Bitcoin and a few other coins do actually rise over time!!!  That mean, these prices are truly extremely stable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:22:39 PM

Guy's,
Are you blind or what? Yesterday AMT silently admited that this is their design and power usage Correct?
Today it seems that this stuff is not working right?
And you are starting some bulshit for alt cons BTC price and stuff
I am wandering Are you REAL AMT customers? Do you care about what you are going to get, when you are going to get it, how stable will it work, how many GH will it make, what power will you need? that is the stuff real miners care. And you are not acting like such! or at least you do not care Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Dam i need to take my pills too seems that i am crazy Grin Grin Grin

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:30:19 PM

AMT   ==  please give us a shipping update?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:30:42 PM

Guy's,
Are you blind or what? Yesterday AMT silently admited that this is their design and power usage Correct?
Today it seems that this stuff is not working right?
And you are starting some bulshit for alt cons BTC price and stuff
I am wandering Are you REAL AMT customers? Do you care about what you are going to get, when you are going to get it, how stable will it work, how many GH will it make, what power will you need? that is the stuff real miners care. And you are not acting like such! or at least you do not care Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Dam i need to take my pills too seems that i am crazy Grin Grin Grin

I will be honest with you.  I don't really care.

The reason,  mining hardware on the open market sells for $10 per GHs.

If AMT delivers a 1.2 THs machine in two weeks,  that will fetch immediately $12,000 on eBay.

So all these details about power consumption.   I don't care.  I only care about a prompt and early delivery.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:33:19 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 12:52:07 PM by ISAWHIM

No you showed how mining in a pool that is constantly DDOS attacked, and rapes it's users, does not reward 1.2THs, it only rewards about 862GHs... (Funny that you have no idea what tuning they are doing... I see it up to 1.2THs on that 1THs miner... Obviously, something is going right.) I am sure they are constantly resetting and tuning and killing power and tuning and testing and tuning... You are missing that critical information about how long the miner has been running constantly hashing.

I can show you stats of pools that show rewards as low as 50%, because they are choking on processing Diff-shares and have too many HTTP requests to process, which are all buffered, and thus, throws your late shares out.

Pools only reward pools. (Same with cloud miners... they take all your tx-rewards for any discovered blocks, only giving you the block rewards themselves.)

I'll do solo-mining, and we can compare value/reward, in BTC.

Yes, they just updated the power estimates to 900-1200W (Which is what I have always done my estimates on.) Obviously, 1200W being the max of the unit. I assume with some turbo-room too.

Few more weeks, and all will be better.

P.S. Take this for what it is worth... IRS is delaying many income-tax returns by 21 days. (Mostly rich and middle-class people with big returns.) So, poor will actually have an advantage to buy some BTC, or other crypto, before the more wealthy can pump the market. That is my outlook. (My mother works for the IRS, so this is not like news I just read. This is essentially insider-info... lol. Try doing that on a regulated market! I love being the bank!) They must be late cashing-out all those shares from Gox... gotta wait Gox's 21 day withdraw period before they can pay us our tax-returns from the funds taken from silk-road. lol. (She thought that was funny too.)

P.P.S. I also noticed Difficulty is slowing down in growth, yet again... Adding more months of valuable mining to our hash-rates.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:04:14 PM

No you showed how mining in a pool that is constantly DDOS attacked, and rapes it's users, does not reward 1.2THs, it only rewards about 862GHs...

Here's what a stable 1 TH/s system looks like:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FT66kMTmFzVVzphfTeU1q1wec7QnmfWCQ

Here's Bitmine's unstable 1 TH/s on the same pool at the same time

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1BA1Y3xvLbSYU9TqcxUspXzEn1roSStCVr

Don't try blaming the pool. It's obviously not the pool's fault.

Buy & Hold
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:21:53 PM

To be fair, IIRC bitmine said they would be tweaking the system over the next days to lower power consumption, so I wouldnt read too much in those stats.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:02:59 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 05:25:28 PM by loshia

No you showed how mining in a pool that is constantly DDOS attacked, and rapes it's users, does not reward 1.2THs, it only rewards about 862GHs...

Here's what a stable 1 TH/s system looks like:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FT66kMTmFzVVzphfTeU1q1wec7QnmfWCQ

Here's Bitmine's unstable 1 TH/s on the same pool at the same time

Don't try blaming the pool. It's obviously not the pool's fault.
Isawhim has serious issues. He needs strong pils obviously and a doctor for sure. Syke, just do not pay attention to him it is useless and complete loss of time. I am starting to believe that no one  cares what is all about in this thread. Pity
My feeling is that 90% of the people posting are in behalf of amt with different nicks one mad man for sure and just a few of us who tell what we think. The rest just do not care. The only thing they care is when that is all
The answer to when is next week. But which one exactly next after next. The answer what for those who care is not what was advertised in terms of speed and power consumption because bla bla. Period. But next week it will be tweaked and shipped for sure Grin
So be prepared next week your miners are coming!

grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:47:28 PM

So we have a confirmed sale between between Tom W. and Jeff N.  (grumpybearsgirl and eightcylinders) Jeff will send a check to the office, once we confirm the payment  we'll shoot Tom back his refund asap by the payment of his choice. Just updating the crowd on that specific situation for Tom's refund.

Hi AMT_Miners

We're still waiting to hear back about this.

It sounds like eightcylinders has sent you PMs confirming things but they need a confirmation email or phone call or something from you before they send payment.

Thanks
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:51:40 PM

Jeff will send a check to the office.

Hi AMT_Miners

We're still waiting to hear back about this.

It sounds like eightcylinders has sent you PMs confirming things but they need a confirmation email or phone call or something from you before they send payment.

Thanks

Not sure how snail mail works in your part of the world but typically more than 3 days ...
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:13:45 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 06:50:00 PM by sirminesalot

P.S. Take this for what it is worth... IRS is delaying many income-tax returns by 21 days. (Mostly rich and middle-class people with big returns.) So, poor will actually have an advantage to buy some BTC, or other crypto, before the more wealthy can pump the market. That is my outlook. (My mother works for the IRS, so this is not like news I just read. This is essentially insider-info... lol. Try doing that on a regulated market! I love being the bank!) They must be late cashing-out all those shares from Gox... gotta wait Gox's 21 day withdraw period before they can pay us our tax-returns from the funds taken from silk-road. lol. (She thought that was funny too.)

P.P.S. I also noticed Difficulty is slowing down in growth, yet again... Adding more months of valuable mining to our hash-rates.

I highly doubt the majority of poor people are investing in bitcoin.

I think they are investing in groceries to feed their family.

Besides, you can't buy BTC with food stamps.

FRICTIONLESSCOIN: Since you're out to just resell the hardware for a profit on ebay, should people that are planning on running these miners be listening to you? What you are doing is comparable to standing in line to buy the latest Playstation, then selling it when you walk out of the door with it.

Has anyone with questions to AMT about their orders or anything else been responded to? I've seen page after page of the same people asking for updates and not getting response.

If you have gotten a response, please post it here. Thanks!
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:00:51 PM

Can't we get back on track here? This whole "he's an idiot, she's an idiot, you're an idiot" thing is getting kind of old. Fact of the matter is nothing matters on here except for what AMT has to say. We're all in this together, idiots or not, so lets all deflate our ego's a bit and weather this AMT storm as a bitcoin community.

That being said AMT please update us with a photo of units being shipped like Bitmine did on their website. Show us one of your videos of an AMT miner hashing at 1.2 TH/s. At the very least update everyone with the chip count and number of modules, please! We are all waiting anxiously for updates on our investments, the more the merrier!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

Can't we get back on track here? This whole "he's an idiot, she's an idiot, you're an idiot" thing is getting kind of old. Fact of the matter is nothing matters on here except for what AMT has to say. We're all in this together, idiots or not, so lets all deflate our ego's a bit and weather this AMT storm as a bitcoin community.

That being said AMT please update us with a photo of units being shipped like Bitmine did on their website. Show us one of your videos of an AMT miner hashing at 1.2 TH/s. At the very least update everyone with the chip count and number of modules, please! We are all waiting anxiously for updates on our investments, the more the merrier!

HERE, HERE! Much agreed!

We should all be working together to get answers from AMT, instead of putting each other down. We all have vested interest here.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:27:53 PM

I highly doubt the majority of poor people are investing in bitcoin.

I think they are investing in groceries to feed their family.

Besides, you can't buy BTC with food stamps.

FRICTIONLESSCOIN: Since you're out to just resell the hardware for a profit on ebay, should people that are planning on running these miners be listening to you? What you are doing is comparable to standing in line to buy the latest Playstation, then selling it when you walk out of the door with it.

Has anyone with questions to AMT about their orders or anything else been responded to? I've seen page after page of the same people asking for updates and not getting response.

If you have gotten a response, please post it here. Thanks!

I got this message from AMT on Feb 1:

Good morning. I see you've sent us many emails.

Based on your order numbers and our assembly que, your miners will ship between Feb 14th and Feb 21st.

All the best

Erik.

In addition,  AMT assisted in my selling one of my spots the other day.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: