Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bi•Fury | 5 GH/s USB Miner [IN STOCK!] {SALE !}  (Read 304792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:09:02 AM

I was able to finally get the Bi*Fury working on a Mac Pro using BFGMiner.

To top it all off, I did it alongside 44 Block Erupters, a GPU (5770), and a Red Fury, all in the same instance of BFGMiner.

There are two things that are key to getting this working (other than the already known need to kext load the Apple USB Modem drivers for the RedFury):
1. Use BFGMiner via sudo to bypass the permissions issues with the Bi*Fury.
2. Plugging the Bi*Fury and RedFury hot while loading each set of devices/drivers in succession while inside the App instead of all at once at the commandline or in the config.  
I loaded the Block Erupters and GPU on startup of BFGMiner.  Then I plugged the Bi*Fury into the my hub and used M and + to scan for the Bi*Fury (bifury:all). Then I plugged in the RedFury into the USB hub and did another scan for the RedFury (bigpic:all).  I know that the RedFury scans tend to mess up other devices and the Block Erupter scans tend to mess up RedFury, but by staggering the driver loads within the BFGMiner and hotplugging before each scan for the two Bitfury based devices, I was successful in getting all these guys working together!!!

I may just stick with running it this way instead of separately on one of my dedicated RPi's because it seems somewhat unstable on the RPi.  I had to go out to my mining room (separate garage room in the freezing cold) a few times today to hotplug the Bi*Fury into a hub because rebooting the Pi and restarting CGMiner didn't fix it, only unplugging/replugging worked with CGMiner on the Pi.

https://i.imgur.com/PdjALIU.png

AWESOME! Thanks for the update. So you just ran bfgminer from CLI only specifying the pool address? Looking forward to trying this later tonight...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:56:22 AM

I was able to finally get the Bi*Fury working on a Mac Pro using BFGMiner.

To top it all off, I did it alongside 44 Block Erupters, a GPU (5770), and a Red Fury, all in the same instance of BFGMiner.

There are two things that are key to getting this working (other than the already known need to kext load the Apple USB Modem drivers for the RedFury):
1. Use BFGMiner via sudo to bypass the permissions issues with the Bi*Fury.
2. Plugging the Bi*Fury and RedFury hot while loading each set of devices/drivers in succession while inside the App instead of all at once at the commandline or in the config. 
I loaded the Block Erupters and GPU on startup of BFGMiner.  Then I plugged the Bi*Fury into the my hub and used M and + to scan for the Bi*Fury (bifury:all). Then I plugged in the RedFury into the USB hub and did another scan for the RedFury (bigpic:all).  I know that the RedFury scans tend to mess up other devices and the Block Erupter scans tend to mess up RedFury, but by staggering the driver loads within the BFGMiner and hotplugging before each scan for the two Bitfury based devices, I was successful in getting all these guys working together!!!

I may just stick with running it this way instead of separately on one of my dedicated RPi's because it seems somewhat unstable on the RPi.  I had to go out to my mining room (separate garage room in the freezing cold) a few times today to hotplug the Bi*Fury into a hub because rebooting the Pi and restarting CGMiner didn't fix it, only unplugging/replugging worked with CGMiner on the Pi.

AWESOME! Thanks for the update. So you just ran bfgminer from CLI only specifying the pool address? Looking forward to trying this later tonight...

I have my pool info and some other settings for API and failover in my bfgminer.conf file.  On the cli I have:
Code:
sudo bfgminer -S opencl:auto -S erupter:all -c bfgminer.conf
The sudo is important for the Bi*Fury to work or you'll get a segmentation fault.

Ex0deus

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

IF you guys ever need more help....
<-- This Guy...
Will work for hashpower... or miners... or obscure cyptocoins like ZET

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:56:20 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 04:11:12 AM by 303

Thanks jedi. Sadly the reason I am asking questions here is that every email I send to the bifury dudes is met with a link pointing back to this thread.

--

Update: I figured it out! Update below...

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:10:32 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 03:18:31 AM by 303

OMG SUCCESS ON MAC! 4.8 Gh/s! I'm so excited  Cheesy

Ok, here's what you need to do. CScape it wouldn't hurt if you throw jedimstr and me some thanks (cough another bifury cough) for debugging this for you and your mac users.  Grin

To update firmware on Mac:
1. short the jumpers on your bi•fury and plug it in
2. Close all finder windows (just to be safe)
3. Open terminal, cd /Volumes/CRP\ DISABLD/
4. rm firmware.bin
5. curl -R -O --ssl http://c-scape.nl/bi-fury/firmware.bin (this downloads the firmware and leaves the modified date intact)
6. type diskutil list and note which disk# is used by CRP DISABLD, let's call this N (as in "diskN")
7. diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskN where N is that # you just recorded
8. unplug and plug back in. The light will turn on then off again

Unload the kexts
1.  sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDC
2. sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMData

To get it running in cgminer now:
1. sudo cgminer -o yourpool -u username -p pass — that's all, and thanks jedimstr for the sudo tip!

To thank 303 and jedimstr for helping you
303: BTC 1H9ygsQ19qfW6iEqc8irEPhzzd7tAMWzQn
jedimstr: BTC 1Gh4jRoqQNodvwWd74Y3VbpNamYmvdhwTn

Here's why downloading firmware on a mac and dragging it to the drive doesn't work:

Mac OS X / Chrome download does two things that mess with the file:
1. Mac OS X adds extended attributes (xattr list firmware.bin) to the file, one of which is a quarantine check.
2. Mac OS X modifies the date of the file (I'm not sure if this messes with it, but everything seems to go smoothly when I adjust for this with -R in curl)

What was happening was that the device didn't like this file and would overwrite it with its default firmware.bin, throwing us in a loop.

Update: Jan 4: Unload the kexts
jedimstr

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:41:12 AM

OMG SUCCESS ON MAC! 4.8 Gh/s! I'm so excited  Cheesy

Ok, here's what you need to do. CScape it wouldn't hurt if you throw jedimstr and me (BTC - 15jBEW4rkPDMF2e7s7AmKF7P4HcLuRmQuv ) some thankful love for debugging this for you and your mac users.

4. rm firmware.bin
5. curl -R -O --ssl http://c-scape.nl/bi-fury/firmware.bin (this downloads the firmware and leaves the modified date intact)
6. type diskutil list and note which disk# is used by CRP DISABLD, let's call this N (as in "diskN")

1. sudo cgminer -o yourpool -u username -p pass — that's all, and thanks jedimstr for the sudo tip!

Here's why downloading firmware on a mac and dragging it to the drive doesn't work:

1. Mac OS X adds extended attributes (xattr list firmware.bin) to the file, one of which is a quarantine check.
2. Mac OS X modifies the date of the file (I'm not sure if this messes with it, but everything seems to go smoothly when I adjust for this with -R in curl)

What was happening was that the device didn't like this file and would overwrite it with its default firmware.bin, throwing us in a loop.

Nice Job!!!

jedimstr

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:26:51 PM

Now that I've got it stably running on my Mac at a relatively low 47C... are there any adjustable overclocking parameters we can use with BFGMiner (or CGMiner) like other Bitfury devices have? 

Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:47:49 PM

OMG SUCCESS ON MAC! 4.8 Gh/s! I'm so excited  Cheesy

Ok, here's what you need to do. CScape it wouldn't hurt if you throw jedimstr and me (BTC - 15jBEW4rkPDMF2e7s7AmKF7P4HcLuRmQuv ) some thankful love for debugging this for you and your mac users.

4. rm firmware.bin

Thank you guys for help wit this MAC issue Smiley You will be rewarded Smiley

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:58:58 PM

I've updated the cgminer git master tree with support for the latest firmware. In particular it will dynamically clock to try and keep the temperature below a target of 82 degrees. This is configurable with the new --bxf-temp-target option in case you wish to run these much hotter with firmware that allows much higher temps as the default is for the device to shut off at 90 degrees. There will also be much more informative output in the API for BXF devices. A new version of cgminer with these changes will probably be out over the weekend.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:00:51 PM

I've updated the cgminer git master tree with support for the latest firmware. In particular it will dynamically clock to try and keep the temperature below a target of 82 degrees. This is configurable with the new --bxf-temp-target option in case you wish to run these much hotter with firmware that allows much higher temps as the default is for the device to shut off at 90 degrees. There will also be much more informative output in the API for BXF devices. A new version of cgminer with these changes will probably be out over the weekend.

Thank you so much:-)

intron
capitalaccent

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:06:59 PM

- received mine today just 4 days after ordering (Poland - Germany) = darn awesome !
- worked right off the start after installing it as "USB Device" with Zadig Utility WinUSB driver
- runs 5GH/s as advertised @ 41 deg Celsius using cgminer 3.8.4, cooled by USB powered fan
Overall, a nifty and compact device, works just as advertised.
Posted this because I'm simply impressed by the delivery time, that's a big thumbs up! Smiley
Where did you order from?
The same Q: where to order? THANKS!

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:38:37 PM

- received mine today just 4 days after ordering (Poland - Germany) = darn awesome !
- worked right off the start after installing it as "USB Device" with Zadig Utility WinUSB driver
- runs 5GH/s as advertised @ 41 deg Celsius using cgminer 3.8.4, cooled by USB powered fan
Overall, a nifty and compact device, works just as advertised.
Posted this because I'm simply impressed by the delivery time, that's a big thumbs up! Smiley
Where did you order from?
The same Q: where to order? THANKS!

That's their store where I bought it from :
http://cryptostore.io/

(Store URL and more details are found in first post of this thread)

So far still seems about the best deal I could find for affordable and in stock, it's a close race between TwinFury and BiFury (similar prices, similar performance so make your pick).
Just remember anything at least close to ROI of such devices depends solely on achievable resale price in ~1 to 2 months, their main advantage is their very low power consumption (paramount here in expensive Germany) and ease of setup/use.

For hard calculated profits, one would need one of the expensive, big guns and pray really hard for timely delivery...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:34:58 PM

Super fast delivery.

Order went through on the 11th. They arrived on the 16th. Poland to the west coast USA in 5 days ... Amazing.
Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:51:15 PM

Super fast delivery.

Order went through on the 11th. They arrived on the 16th. Poland to the west coast USA in 5 days... Amazing.

Thank You
Nice to read that you like our service! We giving our best for customers!

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:12:07 AM

If anyone is looking for a good fan recommendation, the arctic breeze usb fan is keeping mine at a nice 42.3º C, 5.184Gh/s. Also I'm new to this, so perhaps you already all knew that and I'm late to the game.
mvdgeijn

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:47:11 PM

Super fast delivery.

Order went through on the 11th. They arrived on the 16th. Poland to the west coast USA in 5 days... Amazing.

Thank You
Nice to read that you like our service! We giving our best for customers!

Hi Felipeo,

I must say I am disapointed in your service. My BiFury is broken. Cscape confirmed that a week ago. I sent you several e-mails (this forum, to the webshop and the paypal address), but no response at all how this device is going to be replace.

Can you please confirm that you have receive any of these messages and how you are going to replace the unit or give me a refund?

Kind regards,
Marc
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:58:48 PM

Sorry that I have to mention it again, but since those miners cost several hundred Euro they should not be shipped like this:

Antistatic bags do not even cost 0,1 Euro and can save a lot of trouble.
Also I am still waiting for my invoice (again) for two weeks now.
NullVoxPopuli

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:12:30 PM

These seem way overpriced. Especially since Blackarrow is offering 1.50 USD/GH/s (granted, for March)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:23:45 PM

These seem way overpriced. Especially since Blackarrow is offering 1.50 USD/GH/s (granted, for March)

For March you say...same bs as Cointerra for December, Hashfast for October, BFL as always, Avalon for April...
BI*Fury's are shipped within 24h, thus the price is higher.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:30:29 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 08:46:11 PM by Anddos

Interesting device,do you have many instock now?

lets say you have 10 of these in 1 usb hub with 10 slots, how much power draw would the psu use?

Interesting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c034kbjGNh4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: