Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
  Print  
Author Topic: teach your children about bitcoin  (Read 2324 times)
popping (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:40:10 AM

hello guys , i just want to share what am i doing right now to my children, i have a 10 year old kid , he is david . this coming summer i want to teach him about cryptocurrency. especially bitcoin, from his young age i want to share him my knowledge about this kind of things. im happy that he is excited a little bit however it's so hard to explain but then i use some examples like video games as a reference about bitcoin. probably it might be the easiet way to understand how this things works. for example bitcoin is like a video games, you need to do a lot of research about bitcoin to know it and ask some people what  they know about bitcoin or  like experiences  , like games you need to do a lot of practice to mastered the games , can someone help me about this ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:51:56 AM

hello guys , i just want to share what am i doing right now to my children, i have a 10 year old kid , he is david . this coming summer i want to teach him about cryptocurrency. especially bitcoin, from his young age i want to share him my knowledge about this kind of things. im happy that he is excited a little bit however it's so hard to explain but then i use some examples like video games as a reference about bitcoin. probably it might be the easiet way to understand how this things works. for example bitcoin is like a video games, you need to do a lot of research about bitcoin to know it and ask some people what  they know about bitcoin or  like experiences  , like games you need to do a lot of practice to mastered the games , can someone help me about this ?
I think the idea of teaching your children about bitcoin in that young age is inappropriate let them experience the fun and  enjoyment they are too young too manipulate or hold that kind of account. They should be playing with their friends and savoring the life of childhood . I think the idea of yours is right you just want to teach your children so that they will be ready on their future but this is not the right time.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:00:43 AM

It's a good idea to teach your kid as young as this age but make sure that you will monitor your kid consistenly to avoid those things that can harm or influence their mind. But it would be a challenge for us parents. Though as for I got two kids but I prefer to not teach them as of this moment and I haven't thought any approach yet. I just wanted them to make the most of their childhood. But I would still teach them when I think the time is right. Nevertheless, Goodluck in teaching your kid.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:01:22 AM

You are not trying your children about crypto currency or bitcoin. You are teaching your student to earn bitcoin.

Games and or video games will not be cut for children to know about bitcoin, teaching and earning is a different things and you are teaching your child wrong.

If you want your children about bitcoin, start buying him books and start him to watch videos about Bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:06:43 AM

You are not trying your children about crypto currency or bitcoin. You are teaching your student to earn bitcoin.

Games and or video games will not be cut for children to know about bitcoin, teaching and earning is a different things and you are teaching your child wrong.

If you want your children about bitcoin, start buying him books and start him to watch videos about Bitcoin.

If you wanted your children earn using bitcoin, try to download some tutorials about mining. Discuss to them what is cryptocurrency and i know that it will be helpful. Bitcoin is now gaining investors and users and i know that your child will be a Bitcoin millionaire someday if he/she tried to earn a lot of bitcoins. It will be all worth it.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:07:20 AM

i havent not married yet, and i think bitcoin will be a commen knowledge when my children grow up, i often hear people talking about bitcoins in some parties, and this situation become more and more common
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

As someone said earlier, 10 year old kid might be to young to understand Bitcoin. Did you explain him how "dollar" works and why he can buy for example sweets with it? Create a new address for him and make sure that the private key will be safe. You can send him some BTC, maybe he will be able to pay for his education in the future? It's never too early to think about these things. I think that if he was 13 years old, it would be a good choice to explain him how bitcoin works. Now, he may not understand what you are saying or not become interested at all.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
solen_win2

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

As someone said earlier, 10 year old kid might be to young to understand Bitcoin. Did you explain him how "dollar" works and why he can buy for example sweets with it? Create a new address for him and make sure that the private key will be safe. You can send him some BTC, maybe he will be able to pay for his education in the future? It's never too early to think about these things. I think that if he was 13 years old, it would be a good choice to explain him how bitcoin works. Now, he may not understand what you are saying or not become interested at all.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:23:14 AM

Lol. What can you teach him? Do you know much about bitcoins? Very few people are well versed in the technical aspect of cryptocurrency. I doubt that this topic will be of interest to a 10 year old child. Practical knowledge is limited to how to create a wallet and how to send a transaction. Can you teach him to write on the forum? Now children are developing rapidly. In 5-6 years he will teach you.
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:51:58 AM

Its not easy for a kid to absorb all your teachings about bitcoin. Me as a student, I read read and read articles about bitcoin but still I cant absorb all the informations i've read so what about for the kid? I think its better to teach bitcoin to those people who are really willing to learn

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:00:23 AM

your child is too young to teach bitcoin. In his age he needs to play or hang out with his friends. Bitcoin is hard to understand you can teach him is he is in teen like 16 or 17 years old. I think in that age they can easily understand bitcoin.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:04:43 AM

Yes,we can teach our children about this cryptocurrency but it depends on their age because if we teach them and we know that they will understand bitcoin,it just a waste of time and effort.We should teach our children if they are already a teachable and understanding child.We all know that the children nowadays is very modern,so that there is a possibilities that our children will master bitcoin in a couple of time.
arakate93

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:05:06 AM

I think for a 10-year-old boy is not so important to teach bitcoin, there is something else that can be taught to children that age, I am not married, and if I also have children, I will not teach it,

💿💿💿💿💿💿💿 [ YOcoin ] A MODERN LANGUAGE FOR CREATING THE SMART CONTRACTS AND APPS 💿💿💿💿💿💿💿
https://www.yocoin.org/
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

If you wanted your children earn using bitcoin, try to download some tutorials about mining. Discuss to them what is cryptocurrency and i know that it will be helpful. Bitcoin is now gaining investors and users and i know that your child will be a Bitcoin millionaire someday if he/she tried to earn a lot of bitcoins. It will be all worth it.
These are really good suggestions to teach bitcoin to children. But I think aside from these, proper guidance, education about crypto, proper monitoring, and discipline are highly-required to gain better results.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:08:24 AM

Few resources that might help you to teach your child about bitcoin
https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-explained-five-year-old/
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/beginners-guide/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4g1XFU8Gto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSo_EIwHSd4

I think it will be quite hard to teach everything about bitcoin and blockchain tech to your 10 year old child. Good luck...

garen21

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:23:49 AM

if i ask it better it will teach our children because bitcoin does not have age choice as long as you know how to invest big money you will big or so you can read post you can here in forum too great to be able to get here so even Just make money.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:29:02 AM

I think it's still too early for a 10-year-old kid to know about bitcoin.
Because they don't even know the concept of cash, it's too early to let them know about bitcoin and blockchain.

AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:30:47 AM

This is of course a good idea to teach children cryptocurrency, because if it will grow, then your children will be able to earn themselves,but you should have a lot of experience that would competently teach them
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:32:42 AM

Most people don't care how it works in the background, the only thing they should care about is what are private keys and how t okeep them safe and secure. If you are tech dude yourself and if your kid is interested from tech side I guess you can start the story like video games but then this is totally different since with online games you have centralized servers. I guess you can put him videos such as banking on bitcoin and some other movie to watch. Other than that I found the best way to show others is to draw them on paper while explaning.
plaintiff77

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:37:44 AM

Well I am a little bit afraid if youll be teaching your children about crypto currency specially bitcoin with his young age because their are some things in bitcoin that only adults can understand and not suitable for children like gambling.However their are also things in bitcoin that is good for children like joining signature campaigns in order for them to gain more ideas what really bitcoin is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
  Print  

Jump to: