Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14132 times)
Zonefan

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:05:44 AM

I know a bit about software development myself. I also know that the "testnet" as present in many coins (including Gulden) is artificial. It's good for one stage of testing, but afterwards you'll have to test it again in an separate main network (few VPSes that only connect to each other would suffice).

Malcolm has complety changed how testnet works for Gulden, to make sure all kinds of situations (and PoW2 phase) can be tested. It's far more advanced than "testnet" of other coins.
So please make sure you are informed before you make such blunt statements.

Perhaps you'd better wait until you at least know about stuff yourself before you "correct" a legendary member that has been here since 2010?

Not that Biomike needs defense, but let me ask you this. If Malcolm perfected the testing methods into something so advanced, how come the extremely over delayed 2.0 release that was tested and tested and tested even more, resulted in a chainsplit and stalled blockchain for over 36 hours? Perhaps an indication you need to think a bit more before you barf like a chiwawa?  

Testing environment can't replicate a real world environment. Another coin I keep a close eye on is ETH, their metropolis update to introduce another variant of POS has taken over 2 years with no confirmed date for the switch. Witnessing is a completely new system and problems in the real world to be expected.

pbkhzn

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:11:58 AM

I know a bit about software development myself. I also know that the "testnet" as present in many coins (including Gulden) is artificial. It's good for one stage of testing, but afterwards you'll have to test it again in an separate main network (few VPSes that only connect to each other would suffice).

Malcolm has complety changed how testnet works for Gulden, to make sure all kinds of situations (and PoW2 phase) can be tested. It's far more advanced than "testnet" of other coins.

Perhaps you'd better wait until you at least know about stuff yourself before you "correct" a legendary member that has been here since 2010?

Not that Biomike needs defense, but let me ask you this. If Malcolm perfected the testing methods into something so advanced, how come the extremely over delayed 2.0 release that was tested and tested and tested even more, resulted in a chainsplit and stalled blockchain for over 36 hours? Perhaps an indication you need to think a bit more before you barf like a chiwawa?  

But you also contradict yourself here bud:

The fork was not an issue. That's just how this update work. From phase 3 miners that keep on mining with the outdated software will just continue to mine for nothing and waste their energy. Only the stall of the main network was a problem, but that's being handled. Some things just can't be tested in testnet.

You said one thing about yourself I agree with though:

Hahaha. You are such a joke. No, you don't have to defend the mighty legendary biomike. You can't even defend him because everyone knows you only talk bullsh!t.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

Still, the "testnet" is artificial, independent of how more advanced it is than anything else. Some case slipped through it and bit Gulden's users in the ass, which shouldn't have.
GuldenUpdater

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:23:56 AM

Still, the "testnet" is artificial, independent of how more advanced it is than anything else. Some case slipped through it and bit Gulden's users in the ass, which shouldn't have.

No one lost any Gulden looking at slack. Not sure where the ass biting comes from?
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

Oh yes the big Biomike would have done it much better, i presume  Cheesy (beste stuurlui staan aan wal)
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:40:50 AM

Gulden witnessing is going fast. More than €1.7 million of funds have already been secured for a longer or shorter period by users who currently catch between 4% and 14% interest.

It’s almost magical to see the amount of Guldens grow in my account. 
Could be very addictive to new investors too. And for those holding witness accounts, those Gulden can not be sold in a moment of panic anymore, thus probably contributing to a more stable price valuation.

Hopefully this all together steers Gulden a bit more upstream. Good chance we have seen the bottom now.

https://twitter.com/guldenbites/status/1021338736586633216?s=21
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

The fork was not an issue. That's just how this update work. From phase 3 miners that keep on mining with the outdated software will just continue to mine for nothing and waste their energy. Only the stall of the main network was a problem, but that's being handled. Some things just can't be tested in testnet.

Hahaha. You are such a joke. No, you don't have to defend the mighty legendary biomike. You can't even defend him because everyone knows you only talk bullsh!t.

Do you even have any Gulden left? Or is it still all on Safecex and Yobit? Sucker!  Grin

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:19:09 AM

Gulden witnessing is going fast. More than €1.7 million of funds have already been secured for a longer or shorter period by users who currently catch between 4% and 14% interest.

Could be very addictive to new investors too. And for those holding witness accounts, those Gulden can not be sold in a moment of panic anymore, thus probably contributing to a more stable price valuation.

Hopefully this all together steers Gulden a bit more upstream. Good chance we have seen the bottom now.

If I got 20 Gulden for every time I read that phrase from Gulden sheep, I would have earned more than anyone could witness in a year  Roll Eyes

BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:20:24 AM

No one lost any Gulden looking at slack. Not sure where the ass biting comes from?

Shops accepting NLG would potentially have lost revenue.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:22:41 AM

Only 1.7million? How good would look your "money flowing in" if that goes 10x?

[edit]
Oh, euro, not NLG. That's a bit more impressive.
[/edit]
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:59:59 AM

Bla,bla,bla
 and moon every time the rate goes up 2 satoshis and state "buy now, never get another opportunity!" when it goes down?   Bla,bla

As requested .....  Yw !! The only way is up Grin

SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:08:43 PM

Come on, let biomike talk. This community is wet behind the ears when it comes to trading. Why do you want higher prices now? Lets all collect as much Gulden as we can, if new users read what biomike is saying they could dump to your buy orders.
pbkhzn

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:23:31 PM

Do you even have any Gulden left? Or is it still all on Safecex and Yobit? Sucker!  Grin

Nope. I'm so poor. And I cry in my bed all the time.
But thanks to you I still have a laugh once in a while.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

If I got 20 Gulden for every time I read that phrase from Gulden sheep, I would have earned more than anyone could witness in a year  Roll Eyes

That explains a whole lot: Gulden went down end of January. Assuming 8 hours of sleep a day, Piss Ranthead here would've read this sentence more than once every minute that he was awake over the last half year. Not that big of a surprise he acts like an angry child repeating the same stuff all the time.
The disturbing question to me: Why waste your time with reading that so often?
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:39:29 PM

Invest in your future, invest in Gulden.

That is a very, very good marketing quote !!

If i were involved in Gulden i would use that slogan for real !!
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:39:45 PM

If I got 20 Gulden for every time I read that phrase from Gulden sheep, I would have earned more than anyone could witness in a year  Roll Eyes

That explains a whole lot: Gulden went down end of January. Assuming 8 hours of sleep a day, Piss Ranthead here would've read this sentence more than once every minute that he was awake over the last half year. Not that big of a surprise he acts like an angry child repeating the same stuff all the time.
The disturbing question to me: Why waste your time with reading that so often?

I do read it during my autoerotic asphyxiation attempts.
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

Biomike might have critics against Gulden, at least most of the time he uses valid arguments. Not everybody has the same views and opinions. It is good to exchange different views. You might learn something from eachother.

Biomike is unlucky that Dickman and Frusty (same dude) are trying to defend him here. He is doing perfectly fine by himself. I get the strategy Rich. When you defend him like that it seems that you guys are a team. But i am sure Biomikr would never defend the dick you are trying to be here.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:32:49 PM

Biomike might have critics against Gulden, at least most of the time he uses valid arguments. Not everybody has the same views and opinions. It is good to exchange different views. You might learn something from eachother.

Biomike is unlucky that Dickman and Frusty (same dude) are trying to defend him here. He is doing perfectly fine by himself. I get the strategy Rich. When you defend him like that it seems that you guys are a team. But i am sure Biomikr would never defend the dick you are trying to be here.

I guess you're right. It doesn't matter if I'm a troll that tells the truth or a dick that tells the truth.

In the end, I still tell the (inconvenient) truth.

johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:35:03 PM

Yeah most of the people with mental issues think the voices in their head are the truth
johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:43:20 PM

It doesn't matter if I'm a troll or a dick.

Your auto-correct changed the word “and” to “or”.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: