Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14136 times)
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Anyone an idea when Litebit takes Gulden out of "wallet maintenance" mode? Been a few days now.

Almost time to pay the rent?

Nope, there is sufficient funds on my bank account for the next few years. Maybe I just want to buy now that the price stays so low.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:50:36 AM

Finally, I recall Rijk once saying he will not tell what will happen with the premine on Slack.

Exactly my point! For all we know, he could be the one dropping the price all the time with it. He thinks it's his money and for him to decide. While in fact, it should belong to the community that is supporting it.

It is simply his/theirs.

I only agree that it is suspicious all premine information has been deleted from the web.
I can see that a lot of effort is put into development. That has to be paid somehow.

That's paid through the shares, not the premine.
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:10:19 AM

Finally, I recall Rijk once saying he will not tell what will happen with the premine on Slack.

Exactly my point! For all we know, he could be the one dropping the price all the time with it. He thinks it's his money and for him to decide. While in fact, it should belong to the community that is supporting it.

It is simply his/theirs.

I only agree that it is suspicious all premine information has been deleted from the web.
I can see that a lot of effort is put into development. That has to be paid somehow.

That's paid through the shares, not the premine.

ah i thought that was also paid out of premine

but if premine is not used for development, then what is the issue? Why do people need to know where it goes?
BBold

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:24:55 AM

You can read my story into Gulden here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1495990.msg31925638#msg31925638

I ended up selling my Gulden today as it looks like it's going to zero. I warn people not to invest in crypto coins, I lost a relationship and a holiday on this shit!

Since I sold my gulden the price has gone down and I would of lost more money. I was worried that the price would bounce after the update but it didn't and for that I feel good about my decision to sell but regret buying in the first place for other reasons as I posted before.
C0mmandeR

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:26:40 AM

Honestly, I just registered to ask everyone to stop whining about the damn premine. I am looking in this forum to get some information I can't get through Slack, but the unwanted, relentlessly repeated banter about the premine is just wasting everybody's time. IMO.
Development is ongoing and solid, I bet you people don't care about the premine. Why don't we stop bitching about it and go on with actual Gulden news?
What use does it have to keep posting the same stuff, you're not getting any closer to any palpable information. It's just trolling.
Okthxbye
C0mmandeR

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

You can read my story into Gulden here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1495990.msg31925638#msg31925638

I ended up selling my Gulden today as it looks like it's going to zero. I warn people not to invest in crypto coins, I lost a relationship and a holiday on this shit!

Since I sold my gulden the price has gone down and I would of lost more money. I was worried that the price would bounce after the update but it didn't and for that I feel good about my decision to sell but regret buying in the first place for other reasons as I posted before.

Great for you, man. Honestly, who is that smart to put all their money into something as volatile as crypto and then actually has the nerve to tell people to stay clear from something that is clearly your own misjudgement. Go to your corner and think about what you did!  Grin
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:03:11 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 01:09:39 PM by RichPissman

but if premine is not used for development, then what is the issue? Why do people need to know where it goes?

Gulden would never have been accepted by anyone with a 170mm premine if it wasn't supposed to be spend on adoption.

- That's why, at the early start in 2014, Rijk told everyone he was going to hand out 100 Gulden to every Dutch citizen. For obvious reasons that plan failed.
- Then he decided it was going to be used as a fund to attract more merchants and support community efforts to bring Gulden to the masses (some call that marketing funds)
- Then, when active and serious members tried to do exactly that, he started ranting the funds needed to be reserved for development only.
- The only person to ever actually get paid from the premine outside Rijk himself was Roel Boer. He was Rijks "holmaat" from the start. Roel first got 1mm to setup a corporation (which only costs € 250 to setup anyway) for his Nocks startup
- Later Rijk "lend out" 4.5mm more to Roel to "support the big demand during the Gulden rally". Roel made a ton in Euro's out of that in the 2016 pump. In stead of asking back the "loan" in Guldens (so the premine wouldn't be affected and the Euro's in Roels bankaccount would be used to buy back from the market), Rijk decided Roel could pay back in BTC.
- Very few people know this last transaction, but it brought both Rijk and Roel a shitload of cash, all actually stolen from the premine.
- After that, all leads to and signs of the premine were silently removed. There's no telling anymore what happens to those funds.

So while you are all buying into Gulden with your hard earned cash and keep praising Rijk, he silently can rip off millions in Euro's and keep price development artificial low with his premine.

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:18:43 AM

Blunt lie. They never received €. They received BTC. And you are calculating to todays worth most likely. When they were funded BTC was worth like, €400?

True, they received over 650 BTC.

Did you receive factual proof that Rijk instantly converted that to Euro's upon reception, or is that just blind assuming? Why would Rijk in his right mind switch all that BTC over to Euro's (and instantly get the banks and tax department all over him) when he could just hang on to them. He said himself he would only pay expenses for online stuff and Malcolm. Paying Malcolm would be far more easy in BTC right?

Also, Malcolm was already prepared to work 30hours a week for 2 years solid for 40 BTC, so he didn't need to spend more than 50 BTC of that 650 at the time.

Don't assume Rijk is this saint that is only here to make your lives better folks. He is an intrigant that only cares for himself!

JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:23:45 AM

Blunt lie. They never received €. They received BTC. And you are calculating to todays worth most likely. When they were funded BTC was worth like, €400?

Did you receive factual proof that Rijk instantly converted that to Euro's upon reception, or is that just blind assuming? Why would Rijk in his right mind switch all that BTC over to Euro's (and instantly get the banks and tax department all over him) when he could just hang on to them. He said himself he would only pay expenses for online stuff and Malcolm. Paying Malcolm would be far more easy in BTC right?

Also, Malcolm was already prepared to work 30hours a week for 2 years solid for 40 BTC, so he didn't need to spend more than 50 BTC of that 650 at the time.

Don't assume Rijk is this saint that is only here to make your lives better folks. He is an intrigant that only cares for himself!

It wouldn't be a surprise if Malcolm's rate dropped because South Africa is almost in a civil war, Rijk should at least bail his main developer out of that situation because a lot of Guldens success is because of his development.
FornaxNLG

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:28:00 AM

Malcolm MacLeod [1:22 PM]

2.0.0.9 is available now as a recommended upgrade https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/releases/tag/v2.0.0.9 it will be tagged as an official release and announced later as soon as the AppImage (for linux is fixed) - The AppImage people have temporarily broken something in their system so I'm working with them to fix it before final release but e.g. windows and osx users don't need to wait for that.
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:28:30 AM

It wouldn't be a surprise if Malcolm's rate dropped because South Africa is almost in a civil war, Rijk should at least bail his main developer out of that situation because a lot of Guldens success is because of his development.

Is rank 260 considered a success these days?
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:29:26 AM

Well for starters: The people who funded BTC, were receiving a monthly payout in Gulden in return, is that right?
Wouldn't this be the money from the premine?

Yes, and that's what makes it so fishy. You see, Rijk is not interested in having Guldens, he wants BTC and Euro's. If he would have started selling Guldens from the premine to pay his bills everyone would have yelled "murder and fire".

He cleverly got around that obstacle by selling "shares" for BTC with the promise to the "shareholders" to get Gulden back after a year with 10% extra. So he got to sell off the premine, without anyone ever noticing change in the premine wallets. He made sure no one was watching those wallets anymore before he needed to pay out the funds to the "shareholders".

It's sort of the same system the governments use by selling bonds to bankers and getting back dollars in return.

Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:58:40 PM

Some news and calculations on the witness accounts.
http://guldenbites.com/2018/07/26/gulden_savings_deposit_great_success/
FornaxNLG

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

2.0.0.9 is now available as a recommended update at https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/releases/
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

2.0.0.9 is now available as a recommended update at https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/releases/

These devs do output a lot of work. I will be honest, if I was a talented developer I would never be able to put my blood into this without good marketing behind me. I can at least respect the developers for sticking with Gulden when there is no marketing of their work.
Dirkeeee

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

These devs do output a lot of work. I will be honest, if I was a talented developer I would never be able to put my blood into this without good marketing behind me. I can at least respect the developers for sticking with Gulden when there is no marketing of their work.

I 2nd the above, good marketing makes a impact or there wouldn't be marketing companies operating or marketing degrees if the industry didn't help take companies to new levels.
TimesRGood

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:25:44 PM

I have a question regarding witnessing, if I start 1 with 25 000 Gulden , can I add another amount less then 5000 to the same witness account or does it always have to be 5000 and more. Is the 5000 requirement only for new witness accounts?

The reason I ask is because I have started mining Gulden and want to put my mining rewards into witnessing.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:41:44 PM

in phase 4 some things will be more flexibel, but can’t tell right now what and how exactly.
TimesRGood

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:51:17 PM

in phase 4 some things will be more flexibel, but can’t tell right now what and how exactly.

Safer to create a new witness account with more then 5000 each time?
GuldenUpdater

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Safer to create a new witness account with more then 5000 each time?

In your case it would be best to join the slack community, if you have any questions about how to trade or use exchanges this is a great place to post. Most of the people posting here haven't opened the Gulden wallet before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: