Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:59:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:07:20 PM

SHOW US THE PRODUCT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:18:47 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:07:43 PM by s1gs3gv

Alpha-T can start regaining the trust of the crypto community by re-instating banned customers on their forum and providing an immediate, full and factual update by a company officer including:

a) information on any financial problems the company may be facing
b) information on tape out and the status of wafer production
c) information on the development status of the Viper including realistic performance estimates
d) a realistic estimate of actual shipping dates
e) a statement suspending any unlawful limits on the rights of refund

Without this information, their customers can not decide whether they want to exercise their contractual rights to refund.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:40:16 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 12:02:49 AM by retro72

Alpha-T can start regaining the trust of the crypto community by re-instating banned customers on their forum and providing an immediate, full and factual update by a company officer including:

a) information on any financial problems the company may be facing
b) information on tape out and the status of wafer production
b) information on the development status of the Viper including realistic performance estimates
c) a realistic estimate of actual shipping dates
d) a statement suspending any unlawful limits on the rights of refund

Without this information, their customers can not decide whether they want to exercise their contractual rights to refund.
^^ this.

I can't believe the gall of the guy. The "doctor" is an appropriate name as he seems to have a PHD in BullSh*t. Well "Doctor", if you'd like to pull you head out of your arse you might see that If Alpha hadn't been such a shambles from the start they wouldn't be in this mess.

It wasn't the community that lied about UK consumer law
It wasn't the community that has lied about only selling to businesses while directly targeting consumers
It wasn't the community that has stolen money from its customers
It wasn't the community that secretly changed their T&Cs to the detriment of its customers
It wasn't the community that has failed to provide a significant update in over 2 months
It wasn't the community that has systematically deleted posts and banned customers for asking legitimate questions. Even on other forums.
It wasn't the community that deleted its posts and presence from every major forum
It wasn't the community that decided to wait till the last minute to cobble together a CC provider

You want someone to blame for your ills, you might want to look in the mirror buddy.

It's interesting to note your initial card provider was supposed to be Lloyd's Cardnet. I suppose it's the community's fault they didn't want to touch you with a bargepole? I suppose it's the community's fault you couldn't get ANY UK issuing bank to touch you and you had to go to the Netherlands to find a CC processor?

Here's a thought, maybe with all the rejected payment requests your shoddy code served up, your payment processor decided to take another look at you, and didn't like what they found.

Your post is typical of what to expect from Alpha, blaming everyone else for your failings. Personally I think your customers have dodged a bullet. You will now have to deliver a product before you receive payment maybe this will push all you folks at Alpha to be less arrogant and start treating your customers with respect. Although with the current price of scrypt coins and the cheaper hardware starting to flood the market I would think your chances of success are pretty slim, especially if you think you can get away with charging £6540 for a 250mh/s miner.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:47:08 AM

Doctor from Alpha forum.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0

"In Alpha's case, that does not seem to be the scenario though. (Well... Other than getting a lot of hate; the self-fulfilling prophecy won't be hitting Alpha.)
There's some flexible options thanks to the awesome partners, and Alpha has (as far as I know from what I've been able to see) paid for some highly crucial parts out of their own pockets. It could make quite a loss when the final product is ready and not enough people finalize their order as agreed per the terms: but the miners will still be there anyway, and people who did pay in full as per the terms will most certainly receive 'em. (And then orders can be opened up to mitigate the initial losses by filling 'em up with new clients, I guess.)"

Another lie as Fiaz stated previously that 70% of the orders is fully paid! So they want to convince everyone this is not enough to show working prototype or at least some components? That does not make any sense. There is much more bs in this post but everyone can read and draw the right conclusions.

i dont agree and that post is actually reasuring me.It shows me somebody is taking us seriously and is doing his best to make things happen

This is for everybody and not specificly for you:

I have said this on multiple ocasions: dont call them a scam until the shipping date has passed (and then some).

There might be some complication that we dont know about, but the crypto community uses thew word scam way way way to quickly.When i made Ultracoin i was also attacked by a legion of trolls and it drove me nuts, and my intentions were good.

And he is actually right, all these people shouting stuff is turning credit card processors away.its a circle.....

there have been some wrong choices like banning people and stuff but that is no  basis to call it a scam.Lets just give them more time. i am in a hole for the big unit which is 10000 dollar and i cant loose it.Let`s be patient.

they have always said Q3 and anybody thathas fingers can see that that is between juli august september, that has not passed.

there is a thing called auto suggestion,if you look under every rock for a scam, then all you will see are "bad omens that its a scam".

but the truth is nobody can know if its a scam until 1 oktober

I agree with you that it didn't start as a scam.  And it is not a scam per say, but they have made a lot of bad business decisions and rather than admit to it and face the music honorably, they have made excuses or were silent when questions were raised.  Recently they have been entrenching themselves, deleting posts and accounts, banning customers for asking questions.  They have become very defensive, even hostile to customers that only what legitimate answers. If they acted honorably and stated that they made mistakes most customers would be satisfied, but instead they delete the post or ban the account.  That is deceptive and that is borderline criminal.. They may not be a scam but they are surely an evil company.

BTW - notice that side stepping in that quote.  In bold.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:02:02 AM

Their credit processing system has been revoked apparently? Well that bodes well.

Fiaz is supposed to be customer relations right? He should be an administrator of the forum as well, he should simply be a staff member. Of course that's just a side note at this point.

heh I wonder if it was me 'sicking' my amex rep lady on to that they were taking cc etc...I assume it was others winding up their cc companies
on the fact that if they are taking their cc via the bank they could also refund via such...thus an 'oops' by alpha and cc option is now gone

we will see if it is that or truely a temp glitch here soon i guess

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:43:46 PM

So basically, they've lost the card payment option because of charge-backs and their inability to be transparent and keep customers informed, and then have the nerve to blame the cryptocurrency community.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
fraMI

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:55:12 PM

For those of you that were banned from the Alpha site,  here is the complete post from the Doctor.

On credit card processing and a personal note... 

« on: July 18, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »

Like Unlike Quote

The card processing feature has temporarily been pulled down.
I was asked to give an update about it as I had been busy with the implementation and communicating with you all since I started working on it, so: sure, i'll get you an update. Smiley

Could make a blabla post of course with lots of sunshine, rainbows and unicorns all over the place...
... But transparency is what has been opted for since the start, so I'm going to make somewhat of a personal note along with a semi-official announcement from Alpha regarding the ability to process cards. It will not be a cheerful post. Wink
And be careful... The post is not for the faint of heart and might scream "TL;DR" to some. Smiley But I hope you will read it in full.
Parts of this post contain somewhat of a personal rant about how I vision things, those are obviously not necesarrily the opinions of Alpha Technology.

The problem in this case pretty much is that the cryptocommunity seems to be like a self-fulfilling prophecy, potentially causing the issues they're so afraid and nearly forcing it upon themselves.
On a variety of sites, all scrypt mining corps have been burned down, pretty much every single one of them is being labeled as "a scam", even while all contracts are still perfectly and strictly being adhered to. (At least, in terms of Alpha. I don't really know how well other miner manufacturers are adhering to their contracts...)

- The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

Due to all the doom mongering, the card processors already have highly elevated (and slightly discriminatory imho) extra measures against companies selling mining equipment. (That's also why it took much longer to get a processor up in the first place, *a lot* of documents to show, sign, explain, etc.)
And after some fiasco's in the industry and the paranoia, on a personal note I can't really say that I blame them.
Those extra, and pretty damn high (pardon the French) if I may say so, hurdles have been overcome by Alpha (which should really mean something...!); but the processors are slightly getting cold feet here now, due to the bizarre community feedback they have apparently acquinted themselves with. (Would have been easier if they had seen that earlier.)
It does force them in a rather annoying position; after all they are the ones that have to handle the crapstorms with people trying to back out of contracts or when it indeed is/was a scam or contracts are not really being adhered to.

Alpha has received the request to negotiate stop accepting credit card processing as frankly put: the feedback from the community as a whole (so let me carefully note: not from this forum nor Alpha's clients per se, but from the entire cryptocommunity: all sites, newsflashes, etc.) is scaring the living hell out of the card processors.
They're very much afraid that the crypto community is indeed a self-fulfilling prophecy (frankly put.), where contracts are being made; but then payments are being charged back prematurely by people getting cold feet; which in turn could cause cash-flow issues for the manufacturer, whom will die from that as a result due to not being able to adhere to the contracts with partners (read: pay them) and thusly can't deliver to anyone; including to the people who did not back out of their contract but *did* hold up their end of the deal.
Basically, people getting cold feet while halfway in their contract due to self-proclaimed experts, a lot of which are very agressive, shouting "SCAM!!", would be the cause of the company going to hell. They themselves would cause what they're suddenly afraid of... And fulfill their own prophecy. And then as the company could not deliver due to the problems the fear mongerers caused: everyone goes on to be happy and will self-righteously claim "I told you so!!!", while in reality it should be "we caused it to be so!!!". Which is *the* classic example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. (But will probably claim I'm wrong and make very agressive hateful posts, once more. Smiley)

In Alpha's case, that does not seem to be the scenario though. (Well... Other than getting a lot of hate; the self-fulfilling prophecy won't be hitting Alpha.)
There's some flexible options thanks to the awesome partners, and Alpha has (as far as I know from what I've been able to see) paid for some highly crucial parts out of their own pockets. It could make quite a loss when the final product is ready and not enough people finalize their order as agreed per the terms: but the miners will still be there anyway, and people who did pay in full as per the terms will most certainly receive 'em. (And then orders can be opened up to mitigate the initial losses by filling 'em up with new clients, I guess.)
It's all covered and already risk asserted, as far as I know...
So even despite all the hate trolls making it very hard for any mining company to even exist or survive: Alpha is holding it's head above the water.
So as a client... You should probably be glad the hate trolls were not able to completely destroy the market just yet. (And then refuse to blame themselves.)

Anyway, as a result of that self-fulfilling prophecy theory, card processors are not really eager to process cards as they're afraid people will (ab)use cards to do premature chargebacks to try and back out of the contract they signed up for; and they'd have to deal with going back and forth between the card issuers and Alpha. Alpha on one side simply adhering to the contractual obligations and what was signed up for and bringing that in as an valid argument, and on the other side the card issuer acting on behalf of the client who is trying to back out prematurely. (Which, when attempting a chargeback, is breaking the contract; so the card issuer will have trouble filing a legitimate chargeback and lots of communication may ensue... Which costs a lot of time. And as you all know: time is money.)
They're simply not really interested in that.

I can understand their position, accusations are constantly flying all over the interwebs towards pretty much all companies (trying to) getting in to this market; ever since the BFL debacle initiated a paranoia of epic proportions. (Understandably so by the way, I don't blame the community for being very wary, scared and extraordinary careful when it comes to companies making mining equipment; I fully understand. People got screwed over one too many times I guess... But non the less: it looks like the community lost faith in humanity as a whole and some of them are downright unreasonable because of it, heh.)
I mean... What they're seeing and saying is true. No offense intended here, but there really are a large bunch of people (elsewhere, by the way!) that are screaming "scam!!!" while not a single contract has been broken till date. Let me repeat that: not *one*...

For those people shouting "scam!", in other places on the internet than here really, let me remind you (and perhaps you should grab a dictionary if you want to play field-expert):
A "scam" is when someone deliberately is trying to steal your money. It's not a scam when contracts are being adhered to for the full 100%, but the company simply isn't doing something in the speed and/or manner that *you* would love to see... That's not a scam in any possible way. When a company adheres to the contract, it cannot be a scam. That's simply you not being satisfied with the speed (eg: you had hoped for sooner shipment... But then you shouldn't have signed up for the given terms in the first place as you *knew* it could happen and it *could* even be as late as the last day of Q3... Don't sign up if you didn't really want to or didn't want to finish the ride! And for the record: all signs point to it that shipment will not even be close to end of Q3, but *far* sooner than that, but fact remains: Alpha wouldn't breach contract when shipping on the last day of Q3... Keep that in mind.); which is somewhat ironic if you look at it... Whilst I'm sure the irony will not be seen nor appreciated and some people will probably say I'm a clown and get, despite that being rather very hypocritical, very hateful on my and/or Alpha's ass:
Attempting a chargeback while the contract/terms you signed up for are still perfectly being adhered to, means the person filing the chargeback is scamming Alpha at this point, rather than the other way around... (Yeah, I know. That's a bold statement. But it is true. You signed up to an agreement, doing a premature chargeback is illegitimately taking money away from Alpha. *That* is much closer to a scam than Alpha is... Call me an ass if you must, but it doesn't make what I just said less true. Wink)
If Alpha would not deliver the equipment and run away with the money: Yes, that would be an absolute scam. Absolutely. But that by far isn't the case here, not a single contract has been violated by Alpha that I can see; and the miners will become available and will start shipping. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't make your thoughts true.
Even while not getting all the funds: they're still here, doing business and working their ass off for their clients to get their products on the shortest notice possible, whilst Alpha is not getting what they're entitled to... I'm not sure what else a company has to do to show that they're working for their customers.
Alpha has from the beginning stated how and what and clearly put down in the contracts what can happen. They warned about it from day one. Yet, some people who apparently took the plunge anyway, or didn't at all but still want to spread hate, are now backing out because they suddenly realized it could take a bit longer than they hoped for... And then, for some inexplicable reason, proceed to call it a scam; while it's certainly not Alpha backing out of the contracts here...
So, who is scamming who? Keep the slander to yourselves. Unleash your fury if Alpha should ever break those contracts, doing it now is just... Silly. Kindly phrased.
Stop dwelling in the past... Or *prove* me wrong. I'm looking at both sides objectively and I can't do anything other than conclude Alpha is currently still strictly on par with their contracts and as such: not a scam.

Anyway, back to card processing;
So, as a result and as Alpha isn't really looking for such trouble either: it was determined to be best if credit card payments are to be suspended effective immediately, to prevent the risk for a distorted relationship with credit card processors in the future and to prevent having to invest a lot of time in to potential chargebacks as Alpha really has better things to do (like getting your mining equipment ready...); the risk assesment teams of the processors are right: there really is quite the elevated risk when you look at the general consensus in the cryptocommunity in terms of the attitude towards miner manufacturers...
Here on the Alpha forum, the mood is quite cool and a lot of reasonable people are around. (Props!) But on other sites, that's not always the case.

As such, the ability to pay with Credit Card has been pulled. The processors are simply far too scared and do not want to support the pre-order model.

I'm not even sure if Alpha really had a choice there (read: I'm pretty certain it wasn't really a choice.), if they would have said they will continue processing (or attempting as such) despite the concerns, I doubt that would have remained being possible.
I really doubt Alpha was really given an actual choice, but at least it was presented as such by the processor; in a respectful way and without definitive judgements and keeping all options open and actually even guaranteeing the ability to process cards in the future.
It was asked very nicely, for which the processor deserves a lot of kudos!! ... And they gave certainty that CC processing will be available in the future.

!!PLEASE NOTE!!:
As it would certainly be unfair that some people will have been able to pay with their cards (which could give an advantage) but others will not get the same chance, or that other way around: some did pay with their cards, but now see other clients can potentially get more time to pay (which would be equally unfair, really.): everyone who paid with their credit card in the past few days to finalize their order should be receiving a full refund of the amount that was paid in the past few days, and your order status will be reset to Pending.
This equals the score, so to say; we don't want to give some people paying with credit card an extra advantage; not to the ones who paid with their card in the past few days, nor to the ones who didn't pay but wish to do so in the near future. (Bitpay and Bank Transfer are *always* open to everyone, so those people are not affected by this anyhow.)
It has been determined that this would probably be the most reasonable solution, and also a method to show that Alpha is not greedy and solely running around to catch as much as your money as possible, but simply wants to take the most ethical approach whilst waiting for delivery and credit card payment options. (They will get to the greedy part part when the miners are shipping. Wink It is a business, after all.)
... Now I do understand that this choice may also make some people angry/dissatisified. I guess no matter what Alpha would do in this case would result in a few dissatisfied people, so I guess all I can do is ask for your understanding for the reasoning behind this choice and why it was made.

The ability to process cards will return on the day shipping starts, *maybe* a few days in advance. (Will keep you updated.) But I doubt it will be much sooner than that...
Alpha Technology will not offer other payment options than Bitpay, Bank Transfer and Payza at this time.
(And yes, Payza is highly limited for credit card processing. ... For a variety of (the same) reasons. Still, you *can* pay with the afformentioned options, so it's not like you don't have a choice.)
How this will affect your ability to pay, how it affects shipping (que) and how it will affect the "two weeks" deadline and whether or not they will force to pay with any of the other available methods or allow you to wait with paying until shortly before shipping: that is something for Alpha to figure out, and they will let all of you know soon how that will be handled. It's not my call, nor can I read their minds.
So, for that aspect: please by all means do not jump to any conclusions, do not get any fear for your order: please wait for Alpha to make a release about what the next step is for those who want(ed) to pay by card. I'm not sure what Alpha is going to do there, and frankly that's not for me to handle.
I'm assuming that will be released along with a planned update on the miners. Smiley

I wish the cryptocommunity best of luck. Because with some of the attitude I have seen in some places around the net lately... I hope the more level-headed people I have seen will always form a majority, those twho think twice and are able to stay objective in between all the trolls. That way: there certainly is a bright future. But if the hate trolls and paranoia will take over the entire community and it is being ran by fear and hate... Then I fear it will die a slow and painful dead.
And I sincerely hope that will not happen. Smiley

Alpha sincerely apologizes for the potential major inconvenience this may cause to card holders, but if you really want to "rage" about it: don't aim the arrows at Alpha for not processing your card, but at the insane accusations flying around, and potential premature chargebacks being executed, by members of the crypto community as a whole whom are the cause of the, in my opinion rightful, fear that the processors now have for anything even close to being associated with the term "crypto" and the term "pre-order".

Last but not least... As I do need a cheerful note in here Tongue
I would like to applaude the clients, and there are thankfully many of you like this around here, whom are level-headed and immune to the troublemakers.
The clients who *do* adhere to the contract they signed up for are probably the ones actually making it possible for everyone to eventually get their product. (And note: for the people not being able to pay due to CC being pulled from being available to pay with: I'm not saying you're not holding up your end of the deal!! Let that be very clear!! It's not your fault.)
Its you guys who make it possible, and you really deserve a round of applause and a big thank you for that from everyone.
You guys rock, and I take my hat off to you. Stick to what you signed up for, finish the ride together with Alpha. Well done! Smiley
And I very much understand your frustration with the lack of awesome news, and on behalf of Alpha for as far as possible: I'd like to apologize for that.
But... From what I understood: That news will come quicker than you might hope for now. Things are in the works, and should be released to you on short notice.
The miner manufacturing is not affected by this course of events.

If you read my post in full: thank you very much.
Please let me remind you that large chunks of this post are my personal vision and do not necesarrily reflect the opinion, nor is an official statement, of Alpha Technology.
You're of course free to disagree with me and form another opinion. I do hope you will keep it civil if you do not agree. Smiley

Have a nice day, and no offense or hard feelings to anyone! Smiley
Despite my straight from the heart words; I can understand where the paranoia comes from. Just don't let it run your lives...
... And be glad Alpha is resistant against it, despite how hard the scam shouters are making it for them, and the other start-ups, to be successful. Smiley

Thank you to *everyone* who has read this, whether you agree or not, and whether you are angry/doubtful with Alpha or not.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Despite me not agreeing: I do respect your opinion, although I don't respect the way some people on other boards express it.

Have a very nice weekend!!! Smiley

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:05:51 PM by TheDoctor »

hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:20:36 PM

So Alpha-T is honest and everything is fine and on Track. The only Problem are there Customers...

By the way: Huhu, TheDoctor and Fiaz, try to ban me from this forum !
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:02:45 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 08:55:46 PM by anderl

For those of you that were banned from the Alpha site,  here is the complete post from the Doctor.

On credit card processing and a personal note...  

« on: July 18, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »

Like Unlike Quote

The card processing feature has temporarily been pulled down.
I was asked to give an update about it as I had been busy with the implementation and communicating with you all since I started working on it, so: sure, i'll get you an update. Smiley

Could make a blabla post of course with lots of sunshine, rainbows and unicorns all over the place...
... But transparency is what has been opted for since the start, so I'm going to make somewhat of a personal note along with a semi-official announcement from Alpha regarding the ability to process cards. It will not be a cheerful post. Wink
And be careful... The post is not for the faint of heart and might scream "TL;DR" to some. Smiley But I hope you will read it in full.
Parts of this post contain somewhat of a personal rant about how I vision things, those are obviously not necesarrily the opinions of Alpha Technology.

The problem in this case pretty much is that the cryptocommunity seems to be like a self-fulfilling prophecy, potentially causing the issues they're so afraid and nearly forcing it upon themselves.
On a variety of sites, all scrypt mining corps have been burned down, pretty much every single one of them is being labeled as "a scam", even while all contracts are still perfectly and strictly being adhered to...
Alpha Technologies can tout they are adhereing to contracts because they have changed the contracts so frequently.  "We will not ask for the 70% until we deliver a prototype, that didn't happen.  We will be open and transparent, they were quiet for weeks and do not provide any further updated on chips and manufacturing.
...(At least, in terms of Alpha. I don't really know how well other miner manufacturers are adhering to their contracts...)

- The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

Due to all the doom mongering, the card processors already have highly elevated (and slightly discriminatory imho) extra measures against companies selling mining equipment. (That's also why it took much longer to get a processor up in the first place, *a lot* of documents to show, sign, explain, etc.)
I would like the Doctor to cite from a processor that it is directly a result of doom mongering and that the lack of current capital, previous experience in manufacturing, product delivery and poor customer service, and incoherent business plan at Alpha Technologies did not contribute to the risk.  It's easy to point to the community and not admit to and identify other problems at the company.  More of Alpha Technology not even claiming even a small ownership of the problems up to now.  It's all the community's fault

And after some fiasco's in the industry and the paranoia, on a personal note I can't really say that I blame them.
Those extra, and pretty damn high (pardon the French) if I may say so, hurdles have been overcome by Alpha (which should really mean something...!); but the processors are slightly getting cold feet here now, due to the bizarre community feedback they have apparently acquinted themselves with. (Would have been easier if they had seen that earlier.)
It does force them in a rather annoying position; after all they are the ones that have to handle the crapstorms with people trying to back out of contracts or when it indeed is/was a scam or contracts are not really being adhered to.
Really Alpha Technology overcame the recent hurdles of the industry and the paranoia around it?  How so?  Please cite what AlphaTech has done to handle the fiascos in the industry?  The Doctor is just vomiting text and not even providing a coherent document here.
due to the bizarre community feedback
(Would have been easier if they had seen that earlier.)
What you did not identify the risks to the processor ahead of time?  Why not?  Did you expect that you could just walk in and walk out of a contract without them doing the due diligence or provide them the due diligence.  Of course they are scared.  The way you approach a contract is you identify the risks ahead of time to them and show how you are handling them.  You don't try to hope you can slip by without them noticing.  Again this is terrible as a business practice.

Alpha has received the request to negotiate stop accepting credit card processing as frankly put: the feedback from the community as a whole (so let me carefully note: not from this forum nor Alpha's clients per se, but from the entire cryptocommunity: all sites, newsflashes, etc.) is scaring the living hell out of the card processors...
Yeah not from the Alpha Tech forums because you ban customers and edit your posts so that it look slike everything is pleasant.  Maybe now we know the reason what teh Announcements were archived.  They didn't want the processor to see the comments on the announcements?  It also explains FIaz recently laundering all the external forums of his accounts and posts.  Now the picture is clearer.  Things like that don't happen on a whim.  There was a reason behind the initiative of AT employees to cleanse the forums to get a processor to commit to them.
...They're very much afraid that the crypto community is indeed a self-fulfilling prophecy (frankly put.), where contracts are being made; but then payments are being charged back prematurely by people getting cold feet; which in turn could cause cash-flow issues for the manufacturer, whom will die from that as a result due to not being able to adhere to the contracts with partners (read: pay them) and thusly can't deliver to anyone; including to the people who did not back out of their contract but *did* hold up their end of the deal.
Basically, people getting cold feet while halfway in their contract due to self-proclaimed experts, a lot of which are very agressive, shouting "SCAM!!", ...
I"m sorry it is much more than people calling it a scam that is making people get cold feet.  It is the guarantees that were posted on this forum that the units would ship in July as the original worse case scenario.  It was then that the processor would be up and running by July 1st.  It was Alpha Tech bowing out of the hashrate race.  
From most of the alleged customers the biggest reason I"m seeing that they are not fullfilling on their contracts is... that for the price  Vipers are not competatively priced for current performance.

Alpah Technology wants you to pay $9319USD for 250MHs  (performance wise that is $37.28USD/1MHs) for a unit that is not even available (currently vaporware) that may not be available until August.

Here is a breakdown of units available now.  They are shipping and their price performance
GAW WarMachine $1550 for 54MHs (performance $28.70/1MHs)
GAW Falcon $850 for 27MHs (performance $31.48/1MHs)
GAW Blackwidow $450 for 13.5MHs (performance $33.33/1MHs)

What is worse is that there are a of manufacturers that will be shipping in August (same time as AT that can provide MUCH better performance ranging between $36.63USD/1MHs to as low as $9.33USD/1MHs!!!

So it is not the flame fanners that are doing this to you.  It is Alpha Technology doing this to itself by being ignorant of the industry and trying to find others to blame.
...would be the cause of the company going to hell. They themselves would cause what they're suddenly afraid of... And fulfill their own prophecy. And then as the company could not deliver due to the problems the fear mongerers caused: everyone goes on to be happy and will self-righteously claim "I told you so!!!", while in reality it should be "we caused it to be so!!!". Which is *the* classic example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. (But will probably claim I'm wrong and make very agressive hateful posts, once more. Smiley)

In Alpha's case, that does not seem to be the scenario though. (Well... Other than getting a lot of hate; the self-fulfilling prophecy won't be hitting Alpha.)
There's some flexible options thanks to the awesome partners, and Alpha has (as far as I know from what I've been able to see) paid for some highly crucial parts out of their own pockets. It could make quite a loss when the final product is ready and not enough people finalize their order as agreed per the terms: but the miners will still be there anyway, and people who did pay in full as per the terms will most certainly receive 'em. (And then orders can be opened up to mitigate the initial losses by filling 'em up with new clients, I guess.)
Spare us the wonderfuless of Alpha technology owners saving themselves from losing money.  Should we applaud you for the sacrifice you are making so that you can turn a profit for yourselves.  I'd applaud you if you convert yourselves to an non-profit, or if you took a loss so that you can be competitive by increasing hashrates to the current baseline and did not take a profit to do so.  That would be a real commitment.
It's all covered and already risk asserted, as far as I know...
So even despite all the hate trolls making it very hard for any mining company to even exist or survive: Alpha is holding it's head above the water.
So as a client... You should probably be glad the hate trolls were not able to completely destroy the market just yet. (And then refuse to blame themselves.)

Anyway, as a result of that self-fulfilling prophecy theory, card processors are not really eager to process cards as they're afraid people will (ab)use cards to do premature chargebacks to try and back out of the contract they signed up for; and they'd have to deal with going back and forth between the card issuers and Alpha. Alpha on one side simply adhering to the contractual obligations and what was signed up for and bringing that in as an valid argument, and on the other side the card issuer acting on behalf of the client who is trying to back out prematurely. (Which, when attempting a chargeback, is breaking the contract; so the card issuer will have trouble filing a legitimate chargeback and lots of communication may ensue... Which costs a lot of time. And as you all know: time is money.)
They're simply not really interested in that.

I can understand their position, accusations are constantly flying all over the interwebs towards pretty much all companies (trying to) getting in to this market; ever since the BFL debacle initiated a paranoia of epic proportions. (Understandably so by the way, I don't blame the community for being very wary, scared and extraordinary careful when it comes to companies making mining equipment; I fully understand. People got screwed over one too many times I guess... But non the less: it looks like the community lost faith in humanity as a whole and some of them are downright unreasonable because of it, heh.)
I mean... What they're seeing and saying is true. No offense intended here, but there really are a large bunch of people (elsewhere, by the way!) that are screaming "scam!!!" while not a single contract has been broken till date. Let me repeat that: not *one*...

For those people shouting "scam!", in other places on the internet than here really, let me remind you (and perhaps you should grab a dictionary if you want to play field-expert):
A "scam" is when someone deliberately is trying to steal your money. It's not a scam when contracts are being adhered to for the full 100%, but the company simply isn't doing something in the speed and/or manner that *you* would love to see... That's not a scam in any possible way. When a company adheres to the contract, it cannot be a scam. That's simply you not being satisfied with the speed (eg: you had hoped for sooner shipment... But then you shouldn't have signed up for the given terms in the first place as you *knew* it could happen and it *could* even be as late as the last day of Q3... Don't sign up if you didn't really want to or didn't want to finish the ride! And for the record: all signs point to it that shipment will not even be close to end of Q3, but *far* sooner than that, but fact remains: Alpha wouldn't breach contract when shipping on the last day of Q3... Keep that in mind.); which is somewhat ironic if you look at it... Whilst I'm sure the irony will not be seen nor appreciated and some people will probably say I'm a clown and get, despite that being rather very hypocritical, very hateful on my and/or Alpha's ass:
Attempting a chargeback while the contract/terms you signed up for are still perfectly being adhered to, means the person filing the chargeback is scamming Alpha at this point, rather than the other way around... (Yeah, I know. That's a bold statement. But it is true. You signed up to an agreement, doing a premature chargeback is illegitimately taking money away from Alpha. *That* is much closer to a scam than Alpha is... Call me an ass if you must, but it doesn't make what I just said less true. Wink)

More blaming the customer.  It's your fault customer for accepting this deal we gave you.  It's your fault for for listing to the positive messages we were posting in the beginning.  It is your fault for believing in our gurantees.  You should have known that we can edit our posts.  You should have known we can change our terms when we feel like it.  You are the scammers for not accepting the changes we made to the contract so that it looks like Alpha Tech has done no wrong.  But we are the company and you the customer don't have any rights to renegotiate terms, you have to accept the changes.  Our lawyers said so.

This is the biggest FU to the customers I have seem from AT.  At least the previous ones were sugar coated.  This is a whole hearted blaming you for chargebacks, guilting you to prevent you from doing more. Only bad customers (scammers) do chargebacks, don't be a bad customer. Wink

If Alpha would not deliver the equipment and run away with the money: Yes, that would be an absolute scam. Absolutely. But that by far isn't the case here, not a single contract has been violated by Alpha that I can see; and the miners will become available and will start shipping. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't make your thoughts true.
Even while not getting all the funds: they're still here, doing business and working their ass off for their clients to get their products on the shortest notice possible, whilst Alpha is not getting what they're entitled to... I'm not sure what else a company has to do to show that they're working for their customers.
Wow so a company only has to not be a scam to prove they are working for their customers?  A company only has to appeal to the community with a down payment plan to show how reputable they are and then demands the other 70% to show they are working for the customers?

Alpha tech representatives pointed in previously deleted posts the the 30% and refund plan allows customers to walk away if they want and only suffer a small loss rather than all the other bad ASIC manufacturers who demands full payment and no refunds.  Now Alpha Tech is saying that you legally walked into the contract with them and you own them the remaining 70%.  You can't walk away because now you are more a scammer than Alpha Technology.  Good job Doctor, you are really winning your customer base over.

Alpha has from the beginning stated how and what and clearly put down in the contracts what can happen. They warned about it from day one. Yet, some people who apparently took the plunge anyway, or didn't at all but still want to spread hate, are now backing out because they suddenly realized it could take a bit longer than they hoped for... And then, for some inexplicable reason, proceed to call it a scam; while it's certainly not Alpha backing out of the contracts here...
So, who is scamming who? Keep the slander to yourselves. Unleash your fury if Alpha should ever break those contracts, doing it now is just... Silly. Kindly phrased.
Stop dwelling in the past... Or *prove* me wrong. I'm looking at both sides objectively and I can't do anything other than conclude Alpha is currently still strictly on par with their contracts and as such: not a scam.
Yeah stop dwelling in the past, on what we touted to you to get you to buy, but you are to blame if you believed us.  We deleted all the past posts and changed our terms so you can't.  Give up, only look to what we are posting now and in the future.

Anyway, back to card processing;
So, as a result and as Alpha isn't really looking for such trouble either: it was determined to be best if credit card payments are to be suspended effective immediately, to prevent the risk for a distorted relationship with credit card processors in the future and to prevent having to invest a lot of time in to potential chargebacks as Alpha really has better things to do (like getting your mining equipment ready...); the risk assesment teams of the processors are right: there really is quite the elevated risk when you look at the general consensus in the cryptocommunity in terms of the attitude towards miner manufacturers...
Here on the Alpha forum, the mood is quite cool and a lot of reasonable people are around. (Props!) But on other sites, that's not always the case.

Yes I would like to give Props to Fiaz for his expert weidling of the ban hammer and the efficient deleting and doctoring of posts to make this forum the tranquil place it is.  Unfortunately we do not have the same control of external forums, news sites and blog posts so we can't keep customers and opinionated people in line there.  

As such, the ability to pay with Credit Card has been pulled. The processors are simply far too scared and do not want to support the pre-order model.

I'm not even sure if Alpha really had a choice there (read: I'm pretty certain it wasn't really a choice.), if they would have said they will continue processing (or attempting as such) despite the concerns, I doubt that would have remained being possible.
I really doubt Alpha was really given an actual choice, but at least it was presented as such by the processor; in a respectful way and without definitive judgements and keeping all options open and actually even guaranteeing the ability to process cards in the future.
It was asked very nicely, for which the processor deserves a lot of kudos!! ... And they gave certainty that CC processing will be available in the future.

!!PLEASE NOTE!!:
As it would certainly be unfair that some people will have been able to pay with their cards (which could give an advantage) but others will not get the same chance, or that other way around: some did pay with their cards, but now see other clients can potentially get more time to pay (which would be equally unfair, really.): everyone who paid with their credit card in the past few days to finalize their order should be receiving a full refund of the amount that was paid in the past few days, and your order status will be reset to Pending.
This equals the score, so to say; we don't want to give some people paying with credit card an extra advantage; not to the ones who paid with their card in the past few days, nor to the ones who didn't pay but wish to do so in the near future. (Bitpay and Bank Transfer are *always* open to everyone, so those people are not affected by this anyhow.)

Did you do this from the kindness of your hearts or is the processor telling you to refund the payments because they will not complete them?  Curious minds what to know if you are spinning what the processors said to you.

It has been determined that this would probably be the most reasonable solution, and also a method to show that Alpha is not greedy and solely running around to catch as much as your money as possible, but simply wants to take the most ethical approach whilst waiting for delivery and credit card payment options. (They will get to the greedy part part when the miners are shipping. Wink It is a business, after all.)
... Now I do understand that this choice may also make some people angry/dissatisified. I guess no matter what Alpha would do in this case would result in a few dissatisfied people, so I guess all I can do is ask for your understanding for the reasoning behind this choice and why it was made.

The ability to process cards will return on the day shipping starts, *maybe* a few days in advance. (Will keep you updated.) But I doubt it will be much sooner than that...
Alpha Technology will not offer other payment options than Bitpay, Bank Transfer and Payza at this time.

And more information is gleaned by reading between the BS spouted by the Doctor.  So it is appearant that the Processor did not kick you because of the community outcry and industry risk alone.  In fact it looks like they committed to acting as your processor IF, a big IFyou have a real product and not vaporware.  Seems you did not honor the terms of their contract that you need a real and tangible product and not do preorders for products not made.  NOW WE SEE!!!!

(And yes, Payza is highly limited for credit card processing. ... For a variety of (the same) reasons. Still, you *can* pay with the afformentioned options, so it's not like you don't have a choice.)
How this will affect your ability to pay, how it affects shipping (que) and how it will affect the "two weeks" deadline and whether or not they will force to pay with any of the other available methods or allow you to wait with paying until shortly before shipping: that is something for Alpha to figure out, and they will let all of you know soon how that will be handled. It's not my call, nor can I read their minds.
So, for that aspect: please by all means do not jump to any conclusions, do not get any fear for your order: please wait for Alpha to make a release about what the next step is for those who want(ed) to pay by card. I'm not sure what Alpha is going to do there, and frankly that's not for me to handle.
I'm assuming that will be released along with a planned update on the miners. Smiley

Yeah you have dug yourselves a hole.  This blame the customer diatribe is to get some message out quickly so customers do not freak out.  Good job, really won so many over.  Now we have to figure out what to do next because we never planned for this.  We thought that running a business like this would be all roses and money raining from the sky.

I wish the cryptocommunity best of luck. Because with some of the attitude I have seen in some places around the net lately... I hope the more level-headed people I have seen will always form a majority, those twho think twice and are able to stay objective in between all the trolls. That way: there certainly is a bright future. But if the hate trolls and paranoia will take over the entire community and it is being ran by fear and hate... Then I fear it will die a slow and painful dead.
And I sincerely hope that will not happen. Smiley
So does this mean you give up on the community Doctor?  Why such a final tone to that statement.  Are you leaving?  Did you get a pink slip from AT?  What this your mission statement?  And one more dig against the community.  All the customers who did not ask questions, or had concerns, and did as they were told are considered level-headed, anyone who says, hey why are you deleting posts, why are you banning people, why are you giving us less performance than the current industry, those are all trolls.  Don't be a troll, be level headed like a sheep or a cow.  They don't ask questions, they do as they are told.

Alpha sincerely apologizes for the potential major inconvenience this may cause to card holders, but if you really want to "rage" about it: don't aim the arrows at Alpha for not processing your card, but at the insane accusations flying around, and potential premature chargebacks being executed, by members of the crypto community as a whole whom are the cause of the, in my opinion rightful, fear that the processors now have for anything even close to being associated with the term "crypto" and the term "pre-order".
Yes blame the community again.  Don't blame us for all the bad decisions.  We did are part in making everything look good.  Its those evil customers that asked questions we could not answer or read between the lines.  Blame them.

Last but not least... As I do need a cheerful note in here Tongue
I would like to applaude the clients, and there are thankfully many of you like this around here, whom are level-headed and immune to the troublemakers.
Thank you for believing us.. in us I mean.  Thank you for not being concerns or asking any questions and accepting all the problems we have been having and the substandard hashing we are going to provide you a month later than our worse case scenario.
The clients who *do* adhere to the contract they signed up for are probably the ones actually making it possible for everyone to eventually get their product. (And note: for the people not being able to pay due to CC being pulled from being available to pay with: I'm not saying you're not holding up your end of the deal!! Let that be very clear!! It's not your fault.)
The clients that *do* adhere?  The contract stated I could walk away from it.  I didn't have to give the remaining 70% and I give up the original 30%.  How am I not adhering to it?  Are you accusing me of being a criminal because you can't force me to pay the remaining 70% because I lost confidence in your ability to go forward?
Its you guys who make it possible, and you really deserve a round of applause and a big thank you for that from everyone.
You guys rock, and I take my hat off to you. Stick to what you signed up for, finish the ride together with Alpha. Well done! Smiley
Yeah lets all ride this flaming bandwagon to the bitter end no matter what.  Screw the morons who jumped off early when they first noticed the fire, they are idiots.
And I very much understand your frustration with the lack of awesome news, and on behalf of Alpha for as far as possible: I'd like to apologize for that.
But... From what I understood: That news will come quicker than you might hope for now. Things are in the works, and should be released to you on short notice.
The miner manufacturing is not affected by this course of events.

If you read my post in full: thank you very much.
Please let me remind you that large chunks of this post are my personal vision and do not necesarrily reflect the opinion, nor is an official statement, of Alpha Technology.
You're of course free to disagree with me and form another opinion. I do hope you will keep it civil if you do not agree. Smiley
Not an official statement but from an employee and acting as an employee and not just a regular joe.   I'm sure if you forked over hard earned money and you were getting something substandard compared to the rest of the industry products you would be pissed to and demand more, or a refund.

Have a nice day, and no offense or hard feelings to anyone! Smiley
Nice.. FU community... but no offense.
Despite my straight from the heart words; I can understand where the paranoia comes from. Just don't let it run your lives...
... And be glad Alpha is resistant against it, despite how hard the scam shouters are making it for them, and the other start-ups, to be successful. Smiley

Thank you to *everyone* who has read this, whether you agree or not, and whether you are angry/doubtful with Alpha or not.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Despite me not agreeing: I do respect your opinion, although I don't respect the way some people on other boards express it.

Have a very nice weekend!!! Smiley

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:05:51 PM by TheDoctor »

retro72

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

^^
I'd say that summed up that post up perfectly.

It's interesting to note that not one "Official" person from Alpha has said ANYTHING about the loss of CC processing. I suppose that's par for the course, its not like Fiaz or Mohammad Akram had respect for their customers before this. Why show them any respect now? Instead they just send out "The Doctor" to give his "personal opinion". Considering he is just a freelance contractor and currently in the Netherlands (Zierikzee according to his twitter feed), his opinion is about as worthless as a chocolate teapot. I'd also be willing to bet his knowledge of the finances and development progress of Alpha are just as worthless.

bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:26:55 PM

@anderl dont pretend that he said all those things, he didnt. you have your angry glasses on, and your projecting

SaintRocketis

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:41:50 AM by SaintRocketis

Note to "The Doctor"

I didn't initiate my charge back because of what someone said on this forum or any other forum... nor did I get cold feet.
I got a charge back by watching how Alpha was treating its customers.  Customers were being banned, posts deleted, and the only updates was Fiaz saying 'Sooooooon'.

Well....   'Sooooooon' is not transparency, nor is it an update.  It was becoming obvious that Alpha has something to hide.  

Let me repeat that for you....   It is obvious that Alpha has something to hide.

I just didn't want to risk $20K trying to buy equipment from a company that operated without complete honesty.  

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand that.
retro72

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:29:13 AM

@anderl dont pretend that he said all those things, he didnt. you have your angry glasses on, and your projecting
Errrrm...........I think you'll find the bold writing in the quotes are anderl's comments on the Doctor's post. He's not claiming the Doctor said them
SaintRocketis

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:39:21 AM

By the way... did Alpha ever get that phone fixed?
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:52:57 AM

Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Again.. where do we go from here?

Scrap'
SaintRocketis

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Scrap'

Well, if some want to band together to take legal action, I'd recommend first start communicating thru a mailing list.  Although Fiaz and the gang can't ban or remove comments on this board (other than their own), they do monitor it (they're not really all that busy, so they have the time to do so).  Report them to the various bureaus and agencies that have any jurisdiction, and then talk to a lawyer.  If you aren't in the UK... maybe have a skype session or something.

retro72

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:01:57 AM

Scrap'

If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer. Therefore under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you are entitled to cancel at any time before shipping or up until 7 days after receipt of the item, for a full refund without penalty including all deposits. I would also point out their T&Cs at the time of purchase stated this (original T&Cs):

"Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date. The exact shipment date shall be notified on our website"

The EXACT shipping date has not been notified on their website so they are currently in breach of contract. They are in the ninth week since they asked for payments (22nd May). If they do not ship by the 31st of July they will again be in breach of contract. Both these violations render the entire contract null and void and you expect a full refund.

I would also state that you will be issuing proceedings with the UK small claims court and passing all the relevant data on to the  Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards if you have not received a satisfactory response and restitution within 7 days.

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK address. Fortunately you can use a service address. More information about money claim can be found here:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/problems-with-small-claims.htm

Small claims can be heard in absence and the fees are very reasonable and can be found here:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf

A small claim may be the fastest way of getting your money if you do not have CC protection. Most are not disputed so the awards are given fairly quickly.

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You can take these steps even if you are not a UK or EU citizen, as Alpha being a UK company are bound by UK Consumer law.

Hope this helps.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:16:44 AM

And he is actually right, all these people shouting stuff is turning credit card processors away.its a circle.....

they have always said Q3 and anybody thathas fingers can see that that is between juli august september, that has not passed.

but the truth is nobody can know if its a scam until 1 oktober

You make no sense. So 2 October comes, no gear, and then they're a scam? If someone said that, you would be quick to tell them that maybe they're late for XYZ reason. Stop kicking the puck down the road. Scam is determined by means other than a shipping date.

I'm as objective as it comes on this matter, but you can't deny the obvious. The community isn't to blame for the processors (otherwise, how are other companies doing it without issue?). It's the black marks they have on their commercial credit history, as well as the chargebacks which are coupled with proof in favor of the consumer complaints. Think about it, most CC systems don't want to process a chargeback, but if they find evidence of wrongdoing they will. Publicly, what has Alpha Done since around March, for transparency?

Nothing! They were showing us PCB designs, and then just stopped and started inflating emails with 'soon this, soon that'. It's been nothing but smoke, mirrors and empty words since. They lost their commercial phone, they've been acting against customer support openly on forums (a big smirch when companies research this stuff), etc. I mean, we could go on, but it's not the community, it's how THEY handled the situation. Instead of managing the situation, all they've done for months is damage control and a tactical retreat.

Think back to those emails, they mocked up PCB's super quick, and then we never heard about them ever again. The last email I recall is them talking about the LCD board design and how they had received it and were going to test it right away. Never heard anything since. They then stopped providing updates on hardware, and shifted to 'soon' mode.

Not to mention anyone with their email updates knows they never planned to ship in Q3. bumface, not sure where you've gotten that, but I've been around since day 0, and they always promised July as their drop-dead worst-case-scenario date. It's even in their email blasts pre-april. As per one of their opening statements, their chip design was completed in AUGUST 2013. What's taken them so long? They said end of Q2 for shipment in a worst case scenario. If Fiaz's messages to my inbox are still there, so are the promises of shipment. I'm not saying they started out as a scam, but this has gone downhill fast, and nowhere (until this week) do you see them talking about Q3 for shipping.

Now, as predicted, they have lost their credit processing capabilities. This leaves a majority of orders dead in the water, which they will then open up to new customers to purchase with bitcoin. They will manage to get those sales too, once they have physical product. That's if they ride this out long enough.

Like I said, I'm open and objective, but you can't ignore this many red flags. And blaming the community for their lack of business acumen? Talk about a cheap shot. It doesn't get much lower than that.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:26:17 AM

Someone should call Scotland Yard and tell them to check into Alpha to make sure that they are not funding terrorism. Watch them sweat then.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:22:22 AM

By the way... did Alpha ever get that phone fixed?

Yes. They fixed it away from their web page.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: