Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:04:42 AM

Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Again.. where do we go from here?

Scrap'

If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer. Therefore under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you are entitled to cancel at any time before shipping or up until 7 days after receipt of the item, for a full refund without penalty including all deposits. I would also point out their T&Cs at the time of purchase stated this (original T&Cs):

"Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date. The exact shipment date shall be notified on our website"

The EXACT shipping date has not been notified on their website so they are currently in breach of contract. They are in the ninth week since they asked for payments (22nd May). If they do not ship by the 31st of July they will again be in breach of contract. Both these violations render the entire contract null and void and you expect a full refund.

I would also state that you will be issuing proceedings with the UK small claims court and passing all the relevant data on to the  Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards if you have not received a satisfactory response and restitution within 7 days.

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK address. Fortunately you can use a service address. More information about money claim can be found here:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/problems-with-small-claims.htm

Small claims can be heard in absence and the fees are very reasonable and can be found here:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf

A small claim may be the fastest way of getting your money if you do not have CC protection. Most are not disputed so the awards are given fairly quickly.

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You can take these steps even if you are not a UK or EU citizen, as Alpha being a UK company are bound by UK Consumer law.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the well drawn out post. That really helps us who don't know our legal rights.

Just to throw something out there (again) for customers. At current prices per Mh/s, we are basically at the time where you probably won't break even. (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator) If these units are shipped sometime in August, looking at the current quick rise of the difficulty, it will be a HUGE loss. We are talking Huge in the sense of e.g. Buying a BTC Jalapeno that mines you 25% of its value over a year. I plugged in small difficulty increases, like 1%-3% and there still is no break even (nor close) by years end. Somebody feel free to give a detailed response to this as I am no LTC mining expert.
In the last 3 weeks app. the difficults has gone up OVER 50%! https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:38:28 AM

Ok, so what is next. Legal options please. They have our money, we want it back, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times their promises have not come through, and how many times they have changed their tos and pulled their own posts and agreements as well as customers.

Again.. where do we go from here?

Scrap'

If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer. Therefore under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you are entitled to cancel at any time before shipping or up until 7 days after receipt of the item, for a full refund without penalty including all deposits. I would also point out their T&Cs at the time of purchase stated this (original T&Cs):

"Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date. The exact shipment date shall be notified on our website"

The EXACT shipping date has not been notified on their website so they are currently in breach of contract. They are in the ninth week since they asked for payments (22nd May). If they do not ship by the 31st of July they will again be in breach of contract. Both these violations render the entire contract null and void and you expect a full refund.

I would also state that you will be issuing proceedings with the UK small claims court and passing all the relevant data on to the  Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards if you have not received a satisfactory response and restitution within 7 days.

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK address. Fortunately you can use a service address. More information about money claim can be found here:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/problems-with-small-claims.htm

Small claims can be heard in absence and the fees are very reasonable and can be found here:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf

A small claim may be the fastest way of getting your money if you do not have CC protection. Most are not disputed so the awards are given fairly quickly.

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You can take these steps even if you are not a UK or EU citizen, as Alpha being a UK company are bound by UK Consumer law.

Hope this helps.

>If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer.

This is what i have done few days ago. No answer till now. I told them, that i am not a business customer because i dont have a company registration number, that i dont have a tax number, that i am not a member of The Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (which i have to be in case of establishing a company), that i even wasnt asked for that kind of information at the moment i placed my order, that a placement of an order on their website doesnt turn me into a business customer, im still an individual.

Their invoices seem to be illegal, because there is mentioned a company (my name) that doesnt exist.

I have given AT 2 weeks to complete full refund.

Thank you for the links. Very helpfull posts of retro  Cool

Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:55:08 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:57:25 PM by Phorna

Nice thing about ASICs development. Very accessible to everyone.

http://lannierose.com/asicbasics.pdf

Interesting that Alpha decided to skip the verifying prototypes part which is an integral stage of ASIC production in every foundry. Interesting that they have paid 20% more (as they stated) to have all the chips produced fast and in full volume. It would be very, very risky.

Speculation alert.
Alpha stated that they reached tape-out 13.05.2014 so 4 to 8 weeks later they had some first chips already. Exactly after that time Dexcel removed Alpha from their news page. Would it be possible that Dexcel messed the chips badly and put Alpha in a very difficult situation? Alpha did not want to pay for the bad chips design, Dexcel blamed Alpha for skipping the prototype stage. Alpha had to pay (to the foundry) for the 1st batch of bad chips and now they are to short to pay for the second chip iteration. If there are no chips it is hard to blame Alpha that they still have not finished the PCBs or other components. That would be a potential waste of resources at current stage. Some chips issues can be fixed by patch, work around or software alteration. So it is recommended to get the chips first.
Considering the proper time lines, if Alpha managed to fund the second chips interation of course, they should have new chips prototypes any day now. If all goes well with PCB and other components, they should be able to assembly the working unit end of Q3.

BTW. Here is the "official" Alpha information that they will not co-operate with Dexcel by 2nd batch. There had to be some issues with Dexcel, otherwise such a declaration would be premature. Also the information that they will ship Vipers last week of July as the worst scenario.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.0

"[...]their [Dexcel] work with us coming to an end (we have different plans for batch 2 but more on that after batch 1 ships) this only made sense; there isn't much more mention of their name can do at this point."
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:28:19 PM

Nice thing about ASICs development. Very accessible to everyone.

http://lannierose.com/asicbasics.pdf

Interesting that Alpha decided to skip the verifying prototypes part which is an integral stage of ASIC production in every foundry. Interesting that they have paid 20% more (as they stated) to have all the chips produced fast and in full volume. It would be very, very risky.

Speculation alert.
Alpha stated that they reached tape-out 13.05.2014 so 4 to 8 weeks later they had some first chips already. Exactly after that time Dexcel removed Alpha from their news page. Would it be possible that Dexcel messed the chips badly and put Alpha in a very difficult situation? Alpha did not wanted to pay for the bad chips design, Dexcel blamed Alpha for skipping the prototype stage. Alpha had to pay (to the foundry) for the 1st batch of bad chips and now they are to short to pay for the second chip iteration. If there are no chips it is hard to blame Alpha that they still have not finished the PCBs or other components. That would be a potential waste of resources at current stage. Some chips issues can be fixed by patch, work around or software alteration. So it is recommended to get the chips first.
Considering the proper time lines, if Alpha managed to fund the second chips interation of course, they should have new chips prototypes any day now. If all goes well with PCB and other components, they should be able to assembly the working unit end of Q3.

BTW. Here is the "official" Alpha information that they will not co-operate with Dexcel by 2nd batch. There had to be some issues with Dexcel, otherwise such a declaration would be premature. Also the information that they will ship Vipers last week of July as the worst scenario.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.0

"[...]their [Dexcel] work with us coming to an end (we have different plans for batch 2 but more on that after batch 1 ships) this only made sense; there isn't much more mention of their name can do at this point."

Can you post their full quote please, some of us are banned from the official forum even though we are customers.
Shambolic behaviour from a company vying for millions of pounds worth of business.
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

Can you post their full quote please, some of us are banned from the official forum even though we are customers.
Shambolic behaviour from a company vying for millions of pounds worth of business.

June 11, 2014

Hi,

Dexcel Designs have no direct relationship to our customers, we have a business to business arrangement with them and we have mutually agreed it makes sense to delete mention of their name. Their premises is not a shop that you can just stroll in and whilst they have been very courteous (https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=121.0) at a certain point the barrage of emails and calls they get is unacceptable to them. They are not contractually obliged to deal with this and it is only adding to their workload (they work with many companies on a range of projects and the cryptocurrency community have not given them the best impression) and frankly with some of the racist/angry/abusive language testing their patience so with their work with us coming to an end (we have different plans for batch 2 but more on that after batch 1 ships) this only made sense; there isn't much more mention of their name can do at this point.

Regards,

Mubasher Akram

Thanks for the update. Does this have any impact whatsoever on what is currently being developed for batch 1?

It does not, batch 1 is still on track for shipment 'sometime' in July.

Mubasher Akram

I'm sure by now you have some more of an idea around what 'sometime' means. Can you elaborate?

Anywhere from the 15th (best case) to the last week (worst case).

Fiaz
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:10:11 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 01:25:38 PM by bumface

Someone should call Scotland Yard and tell them to check into Alpha to make sure that they are not funding terrorism. Watch them sweat then.

that`s very rasist...

bumface

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:25:29 PM

you guys are tripping, the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3, that means there is still 2 months and 11 days left.

stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled  sweet 16 teenager who says i hate you to theiur parents becasue they got a black ferrari and they wanted red....

the more trolls you have to deal with in email and on forums, the less time you have for buisness operations, and i speak from experience.

so stop this negative nancy bullshit and give them a chance to produce our asics

you cant know if its a scam until q3 is over, and they give no form of explanation and disapear forever. THEN you can say scam....

if you order a television on the internet, and the company say : we will deliver it between 12 o clock in the afternoon and 3.you dont call the police at 1 o clock.

i mean seriously.....

i would love to see a prototype, but one does not simply order 1 chip.....you get nothing or you get them all. this is not like ordering a damn washing machine.

some of these trolls could not even ship on time if they started a damn birdhouse factory

if something went wrong, then they should tell us, and banning people on their forim does not help their reputation, but that doesnt mean there is no product.stop making conclusions in your brain and projecting them onto them

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:36:44 PM

you guys are tripping, the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3, that means there is still 2 months and 11 days left.

stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled  sweet 16 teenager who says i hate you to theiur parents becasue they got a black ferrari and they wanted red....

the more trolls you have to deal with in email and on forums, the less time you have for buisness operations, and i speak from experience.

so stop this negative nancy bullshit and give them a chance to produce our asics

you cant know if its a scam until q3 is over, and they give no form of explanation and disapear forever. THEN you can say scam....

if you order a television on the internet, and the company say : we will deliver it between 12 o clock in the afternoon and 3.you dont call the police at 1 o clock.

i mean seriously.....

i would love to see a prototype, but one does not simply order 1 chip.....you get nothing or you get them all. this is not like ordering a damn washing machine.

some of these trolls could not even ship on time if they started a damn birdhouse factory

if something went wrong, then they should tell us, and banning people on their forim does not help their reputation, but that doesnt mean there is no product.stop making conclusions in your brain and projecting them onto them

Do you Know something we don't Bumface? Because I seem to remember you coming to this thread crying and whining like a baby, scared you were going to lose your money. Demanding to see a prototype and updates. Now suddenly you're "leave them alone you trolls" What has changed?

Personally I think I have your number and Edgar seems to have it too. You're the kind of person that doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself. As long as YOU get your asic everyone else can go f**k themselves right?
It doesn't seem to matter to you that other people feel they have been let down by Alpha and want their money back. Judging from the way Edgar speaks of you that seems to be par for the course.

You seem to be forgetting that Alpha have been promising from pretty much the start that they were shipping in July. That is clearly not going to happen. They have already breached their T&Cs by not providing an EXACT shipping date and have 11 days (8 working days) to ship before they breach the 8-10 week final payment deadline. They have illegally STOLEN customer refunds, their timelime is out of the window, they have not provided a significant update for over 2 months and have now lost the ability to process credit cards.

If you're happy with all that and are willing to wait until 31 Sept 2014 for your asic by all means go ahead STFU and wait. But don't come here screaming and belittling those that are not. You'll get very short shrift. If you want to hold hands and sing Kum ba yah go to the Alpha forums. We'll be here when you're back in a few weeks, crying and asking us to help you get your money back.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:40:41 PM

the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3

01/11/2013 Update:

1. Completing the design and prototyping of our ASIC chips has been our priority thus far, we will showcase this in an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks

Its kinda hard to verify Alpha-T original claimed shipping dates because Alpha-T has removed many of their original statements from the forums and their company officers are avoiding answering customer questions.

bumface

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:56:09 PM

i mean seriously.....

Do you Know something we don't Bumface? Because I seem to remember you coming to this thread crying and whining like a baby, scared you were going to lose your money. Demanding to see a prototype and updates. Now suddenly you're "leave them alone you trolls" What has changed?

Personally I think I have your number and Edgar seems to have it too. You're the kind of person that doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself. As long as YOU get your asic everyone else can go f**k themselves right?
It doesn't seem to matter to you that other people feel they have been let down by Alpha and want their money back. Judging from the way Edgar speaks of you that seems to be par for the course.

You seem to be forgetting that Alpha have been promising from pretty much the start that they were shipping in July. That is clearly not going to happen. They have already breached their T&Cs by not providing an EXACT shipping date and have 11 days (8 working days) to ship before they breach the 8-10 week final payment deadline. They have illegally STOLEN customer refunds, their timelime is out of the window, they have not provided a significant update for over 2 months and have now lost the ability to process credit cards.

If you're happy with all that and are willing to wait until 31 Sept 2014 for your asic by all means go ahead STFU and wait. But don't come here screaming and belittling those that are not. You'll get very short shrift. If you want to hold hands and sing Kum ba yah go to the Alpha forums. We'll be here when you're back in a few weeks, crying and asking us to help you get your money back.

you dont know me,and you know nothing about what kind of person i am. You should not judge people.

i do want my asic, and i do want to see a prototype.they missed their estimated date, that does not make it a criminal enterprise.you guys are dillusional.It might be a scam but as i have said many times now, its to early to make that claim.people are reporting them left and right to various agency and thats simply wrong...that doctor guy is right, the people who are getting refunds are the ones breaking the agreement , not alpha.

if me being reasonable offends you and is making you want to insult me on a personal level that is your problem not mine.

behaving like a ranting medieval pitchfork mob is not helping anybody, if your gonna look under every pebble for dirt, your gonna find dirt everywhere...

If there is a problem they should communicate it to us, and not simply delete accounts, that is fuel to the fire.its as simple as that

retro72

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 04:04:41 PM by retro72

you dont know me,and you know nothing about what kind of person i am. You should not judge people.

i do want my asic, and i do want to see a prototype.they missed their estimated date, that does not make it a criminal enterprise.you guys are dillusional.It might be a scam but as i have said many times now, its to early to make that claim.people are reporting them left and right to various agency and thats simply wrong...that doctor guy is right, the people who are getting refunds are the ones breaking the agreement , not alpha.

if me being reasonable offends you and is making you want to insult me on a personal level that is your problem not mine.

behaving like a ranting medieval pitchfork mob is not helping anybody, if your gonna look under every pebble for dirt, your gonna find dirt everywhere...

If there is a problem they should communicate it to us, and not simply delete accounts, that is fuel to the fire.its as simple as that

Look. I'm going to write this in caps as you clearly have trouble comprehending what is being said. ALPHA'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ILLEGAL. ALPHA HAVE STOLEN REFUNDS. ALPHA HAVE LIED TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. ALPHA HAVE MISSED DEADLINES.

Do you understand this??? Asking for a refund and receiving it is THE LAW IN THE UK, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ALPHA SAY. So yes, they should be reported to agencies as they are acting like CRIMINALS.

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW. Capiche?

You are not being reasonable you are being ignorant. These FACTS have been pointed out many times and you have chosen to ignore them. If you want to overlook them and continue to bury your head in the sand that is up to you but everyone else is entitled to their RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW. If you choose to waive those rights, so be it, but don't come back here crying when the shit hits the fan.
barruka

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:34:33 PM

the problem is not that we are on Q2 and they always say Q2/Q3 in contract

the problem is that 4 weeks ago til now we know NOTHING about development progress

they told us to deliver end of july... so to deliver they must have CASES

any picture? IS SO FCKNG HARD MAKE A PHOTO WITH YOUR FCKNG SMARTPHONE Huh?? Smiley
its hard if u have no case at all

if AT are a serious company, why don't tell customers real problems?
they prefer being acused of scammers?

at this moment, i know my order is "lost" because Im not paying 70% until seeing a prototype...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

the shipping was ALWAYS announced as q3

01/11/2013 Update:

1. Completing the design and prototyping of our ASIC chips has been our priority thus far, we will showcase this in an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks

Its kinda hard to verify Alpha-T original claimed shipping dates because Alpha-T has removed many of their original statements from the forums and their company officers are avoiding answering customer questions.

yeah (see thread) we got that....

on a side note told amex that alpha no longer has phone number on web page....also I'm banned from forums.....also they had cc thru bank (so they could control turning it on and off) and when they turned it on...they took new order $$$ and when (i imagine when they got a lot of folk to pay the 70% thinking they had cc protection) all that $$$ they then turned it off and anyone WHO JUST RECENTLY purchased a alpha unit ...they CAN get their $$$ back...but no one that ordered under Amex last Jan till this point in time that Alpha turned the cc back..on....amex lady...almost ...it was very very close..almost...(so close) swore but caught herself...

if nothing else got amex all wired up....(unsure if they can do anything or not)..there setup is to await the merchant reply which can take up to 45 days...

Amex did ask alpha for money back alpha sent amex a form saying I paid...but did not specify that this was only 30% not a full payment on an item...that further has
pissed off amex....now we wait another 44 days for amex tor reply...with something else made up I'd imagine

Asked this other amex rep if I shoulda just paid via the cc and amex when they offered it briefly last week (asked another one she said no) this one was also firm on NO.
So another Amex rep has told me that as an amex customer I should NOT purchase a product from alpha an amex merchant .the last 70% ..so the cc company is telling
me not to get amex from their merchant ...bizzario...

I find it interesting..if this all works out in alpha's favor at least with Amex they may have found a way to sell vaporware...take paypal with cc get rid of paypal with cc
string everyone along past the 5 month mark.so no refund..then ask for $$ not with paypal or amex protection but 'wire xfer' or bank xfer...people balk at such promise cc ..use cc
for a week just long enough to sucker some folk to pay last 70%...and new orders..pull that (using your bank as a front who likely thinks they are on the up and up
and are giving refunds from that week and alpha simply told they bank they changed their minds) slick trick.......then when Amex calls for $$$ you on the 44th day or so (can't remember)
you send a statement saying he has paid and equip is coming neglecting to state on the bill that it is only 30% down....Amex closes dispute..I call Amex...repeat
all the info with yet more stuff (me getting banned no phone number etc) and we wait (likely 45 days for alpha to reply)

all very zen like in its 'evilness' ...well if nothing else it is fun to get the dispute dept at Amex fired up ...but of the 667 (with my loss/equip deduction taxes I can take
for a few years to get some back) I'm likely out $450...probably a wise lesson .....I feel really sorry for the folks that are 20k down or some such

But in hindsight you paid in Jan with Paypal and  cc me with Amex..I called amex asked about this stuff and got assurances..but it seems that even Amex may be befuddled
on what exactly to do with these clowns....as well.....

well anyway ...watch how it goes I guess it is like a slow motion train wreck

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bumface

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:04:42 PM

Look. I'm going to write this in caps as you clearly have trouble comprehending what is being said. ALPHA'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ILLEGAL. ALPHA HAVE STOLEN REFUNDS. ALPHA HAVE LIED TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. ALPHA HAVE MISSED DEADLINES.

Do you understand this??? Asking for a refund and receiving it is THE LAW IN THE UK, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ALPHA SAY. So yes, they should be reported to agencies as they are acting like CRIMINALS.

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW.

Is any of this getting through to you??

You are not being reasonable you are being ignorant. These FACTS have been pointed out many times and you have chosen to ignore them. If you want to overlook them and continue to bury your head in the sand that is up to you but everyone else is entitled to their RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW. If you choose to waive those rights, so be it, but don't come back here crying when the shit hits the fan.

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.becasue then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.

retro72

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:17:32 PM

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.becasue then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.
NO, ALPHA WILL BE TO BLAME. If you can't see that, there is little else left to say to you.

Thanks for proving my assessment of you correct though. All you care about is you and your asic. You're not really bothered about who Alpha has to rip off for you to get it. Just because you were stupid enough to pay the full amount, up front, using an irreversible transaction method, without seeing a prototype, or doing the most cursory due diligence, don't blame smarter people for your misfortune if they choose not to be as foolhardy.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:27:29 PM

ALPHA HAVE BREACHED THEIR T&CS so the agreement is already broken but I refer you back to what I wrote above and I'll say it again just in case you didn't get it. THEIR T&CS ARE ILLEGAL!!!! ASKING FOR, AND RECEIVING A FULL REFUND IS NOT A BREACH OF CONTRACT, IT IS THE LAW.

Is any of this getting through to you??

offcourse no company is above the law.if you want to try and get a refund go ahead.i just hope it does not get them into so much trouble that they cant pay for parts.because then they will go under and my asic and money will be gone. in that case the refunders are to blame.

they had other options..they could have been up front they had problems..they could have allowed us to xfer the 30% down payment to future equip ..if they are simply gonna be late and or have a cash flow problem...they could have been up front..it is intent man...if they showed some balls and were just late no problem ..I would have stuck with my order ...intent means a lot to me...changing the TOS banning me and other folks....not getting cc option in place WHEN their last spring.. credit was good....dumping paypal and no refund on the 30% cc ordered at that time and insisting that we pay the last 70% w/o any cc or paypal protection.then stalling a payment plan and info for 5 months and saying no refunds now
then starting cc up again ...then closing cc when likely they got some more cash flow and before cc companies could shut them down again
..it looks like the 30% was just a way to get $$ w/o any risk of paying it back if equip did not work out for alpha no frigging phone number on their web site.....promises of July 15 to July 30th not met..that does not even bother me..but NO INFO ON why? no prototype sitting their waiting to install the chips..no pics of the plant...deafening silence...

so even giving you the point that they are 'trying' to get something out (which I am finding doubtful) it will have nothing to do with us asking for or trying to getting refunds.it is they don't
know how to treat customers and run a business..it is amateur hour...and they panic'd and made the whole situation worse imho with their actions the last 3 months...
I mean trying to delete posts off the forum and the Internet ...changing TOS we are all a 'business' because we ordered from them so no refund on 30% etc

best case scenario they were clueless fools and shot themselves in the foot...and are likely to go bankrupt w/o our asking for 'refunds' having anything to do with this
.....asking for a refund is the normal response looking at all the above...not doing so imho is as stupid as alpha seems to be on how to run a business

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
retro72

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:42:10 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:52:08 PM by retro72

News from the front......

Re: Are you going to make worst case scenario date?

Quote from: MrAngel on Today at 12:30:06 PM

Dear Alpha-T,

The level of faith I have in a happy ending is declining by the day and I was hoping you could give us a exclusion on an absolute final date of shipping or any form of update? As you may realize, the costs we made are not the kind of figures you just find on the corner of the street like a dime or whatever.

Please reply with usefull information,

Kind regards,

Mr. Angel
Fiaz Malik
Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:32:54 PM »

We hope to but in honest can't yet give you a date and will update you soon.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:39:46 PM by Fiaz Malik »

So they "HOPE" to ship in July but with 8 working days left, they still can't give you a date.  Roll Eyes

There's that "soon" word again. Bearing in mind they said this on 22nd May:
"We’re happy to inform you that development is finalizing and we are on track for shipment in July. We will soon receive our chips at which time we will have finished up on development and can begin assembling the devices.

Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s)"

Soon could be upwards of 2 months.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:06:12 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:24:59 PM by s1gs3gv

U N B E L I E V A B L E  !
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:24:35 PM

A reasonable request to Alpha-T from Kölsche Jung on the AT forum today: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0 )

Stand up like men and shows that you have eggs.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: