Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:41:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
gushes

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:33:51 AM

you ordered a product that would be shipped in q3, that has not passed. now live with it and stop whining

You ordered a product which was due for shipping worst case scenario 15th July. That did not happen. People have every reason to be upset with AT.

With the proposed new delivery date these units will never ROI.

every asic roi`s, the questin is how long will it take.

i will put it on a multipool

http://poolpicker.eu/

put it on nicehash, 250 mh/s x 0.00482350btc =1,205875 btc per day

= 701.19 USD per day , making the roi :

9 254.18175 U.S. dollars (5450 gbp) / 701.19 = ROI 13,19782338595816 days.....

so whats the issue here exactly?

there will always be new coins, and a multipool takes full advantage of this

Your price is *WAY* off.  Current NICEHASH price is 0.00078810btc Per Mh = 0.197025 BTC Per day
If, and ONLY IFF, that price remains steady, = 9,254 dollars / $118 per day or 78 days.  But since the difficult rises by about 10% ever 4 days.  When we get our machines 60 days from now (if that) It'll be making around $24 a day, before electricity. At that rate : You're looking at 380 days... but we all know that in those 380 the difficulty will rise so much that you'll have to shut the machine off because the cost of electricity is more than you make.  So in other words.  There is a 0% chance of us making our money back if the delivery date is Sept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:50:22 AM

Indeed the news from AT today is crappy.
What makes it worse is in the release they are literally threateningly telling people no refunds, sucks to be you, we have a law firm.

They should get a new law firm though, lol, those TCs would get laughed out from any court.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:50:36 AM

The fact is.  Unless AT somehow pulls the proverbial rabbit outta the hat as far as increasing hashrate on the order of 2.1x-2.5x if they are in fact planning on shipping by the end of next month (I seriously doubt this will happen either) there isn't a chance in hell of ROI'ing.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:03:29 AM

This law firm just down the block on Dickenson Road may well be the esteemed international group of solicitors that Alpha-T consulted:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.45236,-2.219154,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sS9gwyWTw2B6jDSqFvOJ0hA!2e0
ilati

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:57:16 AM

OMFG...Do not believe a word that they have said. They didn't ship in July so what makes you think that they are going to ship in September! Especially when they have not received ~95% of their 70% remaining funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They are just buying time as excuse to get us off of their backs. They are brewing something sinister here.....I have some evidence to back my claims...It seems as if their has been some official business filings about 4 days ago:

http://ukdata.com/company/08483921/ALPHA-TECHNOLOGY-(INT)-LTD

It looks like they are moving their financial chess pieces for a lawsuite. In conclusion, do not believe a fucking word that these scum fucks tell you...
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:59:49 AM

Indeed the news from AT today is crappy.
What makes it worse is in the release they are literally threateningly telling people no refunds, sucks to be you, we have a law firm.

They should get a new law firm though, lol, those TCs would get laughed out from any court.

Why would they get a new law firm?  Except for a few emails, no one here has done shit to get their money back.  So it looks like it's working quite well for them.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:08:36 AM

Don't forget about one thing. To start shipping end of September everything must go perfect from now on. There is no room for any, even tiny problem. If they have started the new tape-out week or 2 weeks ago the chips will be produced middle of September. Until that time they have to arrange chip boards (which is bunch of colored squares right now), PSU boards, PSUs and cases. They have to prepare firmware for their controller boards. WIFI is back in the manual they referred to. Wink And when the chips arrive all these components have to miraculously and flawlessly co-operate together to allow shipment within 2 weeks. That is not gonna happen.
^^this.
Don't forget they haven't completed tapeout. Once they do its another 60-90 days to get the chips. KNC taped out 6th June and still don't have chips. Alpha haven't got a chance of shipping in September and KNC have a two month head start now. I think Alpha will be bankrupt before they get to ship anything. Their prices are too high and their product is already obsolete, 40nm when every one else is moving to 28nm.

You really can't believe anything they say at this point. They've lied so much. I think they have been covering this up since late May when they asked for final payments. I reposted my post detailing the tapeout process on the Alpha forums on 2nd June. It was quickly deleted and I was banned(first of many). Fiaz is trying to retcon history to make us believe they were fully funded 5 days after asking for final payment and they decided to give away extra hash as a gesture of goodwill. But we now know tapeout had failed and they needed money quickly so they sweetened the pot by offering the upped hashrate while still promising a July delivery.

Its obvious now that even that failed as many customers wanted a CC processor and/or a prototype. So Alpha spent the next 2 months trying desperately to find a CC company while fending off any questions about updates, secretly changing their T&Cs (again), scrubbing the forums clean of all Alpha related posts and looking for a backer. When they finally did get a CC processor it was only up for 4 days before it was taken down and they had to refund the payments. From their companies house documents they found a backer, Andrew Laurus  around the 11th of July and sold him 10% of the company. We have to assume this is how they have funded the 2nd tapeout.

So even if we are to believe Fiaz's assertion that they only knew tapeout had failed at the start of this month (early April to early July= 90 days) they were still trying to con money out of customers by withholding the news and collecting CC payments. It was only by sheer luck that the CC processor pulled out when they did or Alpha would have grabbed even more cash, and judging by the way Fiaz is now holding a gun to customers heads and demanding payment, I believe they are still cash strapped and require final payments to complete production.

So to recap. They have lied about UK consumer law, about HMRC tax rulings, about tapeout, about being fully funded, about delivery dates, have scrubbed the forums clean and have constantly changed their T&Cs (I noticed they have changed again, https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/). So how can you even trust they are going to ship in September?

Personally I would lawyer up fast before all the money disappears. I think its pretty much game over for Alpha and the window to get any money back is rapidly closing.

LTCagt

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

i ve saved the old News form AT - and the discussion into the Forum too while im banned - but to this point more at an other time

we think we know there are at this time 2 different types of vipers - perhaps a 50mhs and perhaps a 250 mhs - formally known as 90mhs and 18 mhs (?)

no today Comes the News that Shocks the whole customers - a part of it is Manual like a how to use - its opening as pdf-file but made with MS Office 2007

the Advantage of MS is that to every file ever made there will be some data left at the file if you are not looking at it (it can be an advantge - but this i wont discuss here)

look what i found

and now look at the Manual and the Speed of the miner IN THE MANUAL

https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Viper-Instruction-Manual.pdf

there are more contradictions like a tapeout that is crappy but formally known as well done in former News, fiaz trying to calm People down by using informations that he just get from users per mail - like the paymentmethods from payza and saying " ... i believe other users has paid trough this too while we have a payzaaccount" - believe ? i KNOW what im talking about not just believing

but only a bit annoying - i have decided to let this crap go to a lawyer - frauding once shame on you frauding twice ...

if it smells like fraud and looking like it - it cant be a tiger
LTCagt

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:19:39 AM

this we know since yesterday

"...Don't forget they haven't completed tapeout. Once they do its another 60-90 days to get the Chips"

and this they were telling us in May

hmmmm ....
AndrewK

Activity: 819

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:24:04 AM

Haha,

That is the shit-iest instruction manual/documentation I've ever seen. That took 10 minutes to throw together including the dummied out html.

I was giving them until the end of the month to show something... But this is fucking disappointing.

They would've been much better off telling everyone about the tape out problems a month ago.

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:52:35 AM

Hey I've got a plan. Let's solicit 30% prepay for a scrypt asic miner that has not been invented yet. The fact that we do not have a fucking clue what we are doing, and no idea how to make a chip doesn't matter. We can talk all fancy-like and swoon people to gives us bitcoin and cash. Our bank accounts will look good and we can buy couscous, iphones, and new cars for ourselves and drive around saying 'hey look at me, I run this cool company'.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:44:07 AM

Hey I've got a plan. Let's solicit 30% prepay for a scrypt asic miner that has not been invented yet. The fact that we do not have a fucking clue what we are doing, and no idea how to make a chip doesn't matter. We can talk all fancy-like and swoon people to gives us bitcoin and cash. Our bank accounts will look good and we can buy couscous, iphones, and new cars for ourselves and drive around saying 'hey look at me, I run this cool company'.

You know what's sad, it's actually a good gig they have going for themselves. If they pad and price appropriately, they could take only 30% to pay for all of the equipment, and then leave everyone stranded and end up with a free farm.

KNC's gear was 90% profit.

Precog

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:50:31 AM

Hello everyone. I am going to upload a pdf save file of their terms of order and I am going to upload a screenshot that was on their website on July 17th when my friend requested cancellation and refund of his deposits. After their default 5 months have passed reply he has already gone ahead and started legal action to recover his deposits.

These terms of order have been changed so many times it's ridiculous.

The terms we originally agreed to last year stated that we could cancel and get a refund at any time before shipment occurred.

Their current terms as of July 28th they have changed the miners specifications back down to 18MH/s and 90MH/s, as well as reintroduced negative clauses.

Terms & Conditions _ Alp...rar

http://s27.postimg.org/6iih3i4pt/Untitled.png
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:41:23 AM

Hello everyone. I am going to upload a pdf save file of their terms of order and I am going to upload a screenshot that was on their website on July 17th when my friend requested cancellation and refund of his deposits. After their default 5 months have passed reply he has already gone ahead and started legal action to recover his deposits.

These terms of order have been changed so many times it's ridiculous.

The terms we originally agreed to last year stated that we could cancel and get a refund at any time before shipment occurred.

Their current terms as of July 28th they have changed the miners specifications back down to 18MH/s and 90MH/s, as well as reintroduced negative clauses.

Terms & Conditions _ Alp...rar

http://s27.postimg.org/6iih3i4pt/Untitled.png
You have a copy of the original TC?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:49:52 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 05:15:53 AM by Searing

Just a coincidence or does Alpha always provide an update on the day that KNC announce more news....

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-98

Well guys I have a Titan on the way...and only put 30% down on the viper 50mh (supposedly who knows what it will be 5mh probably) anyway in that
I am mining in USA legit (whole nother story on how my bank messed up and I kinda/sorta had to file or not good lets say) anyway I can take off 25%
on equip biz loss (over a few years ..hey I now am happy owner of a virtual miner biz according to IRS) so instead of a loss of approx $685 if I include
the wire xfer fee etc ...I will probably lose in total $450 usd more or less

I point the above out as a 'life lesson' ....in other words.....under the current circumstances even if this time they 'manage' to get chips to work and
it all gets built on time (end of sept 2014 say) ...you have to ask yourself the following:

Do I want to just lose $450 usd (or maybe say $685 for someone not in my situation)  more or less or do I want to send the remaining 70% to alpha on the "hope" they suddenly became organized  enough to get me out a 50mh unit (for an additional say 1700 bucks more or less) ...so that alone is a 50/50 shot at best it will not further be late and/or
plain ass not work. or they go BFL route "2 more weeks TM" ..and again with NO protection because that last 70% is a wire xfer (I smell a BFL slide for 1 year here by the by)

ok moving beyond the above ..by some miracle they deliver end of sept say

I have already gotten a 400mh Titan (likely) by this point in time from KNC..thus the above 50mh with in a very brief period of time is a door stop .crushed at that point
by this and the VaultMiner that the CEO claims will be 750mh and he WILL BEAT knc to market at all costs even if he has to host your hash before you get his equip
to do so...ie he has 375mh for before what he is driving for now a before sept delivery at $3795.00 usd and 750mh at $6999.95 Q3/beg of Q4 so the below link states

http://www.bringbackroi.com/

his comment on it beating KNC to market etc

http://coinbrief.net/gaw-miners-response-to-knc/

Well .....you could make the case that no way would I get my $1,700 usd back for payment of this last 70% in ROI on the 50mh viper with this coming down the train track likely before alpha ships! They missed the boat on my very best case that they do what they say....(likely they will have other setbacks ...its what alpha does sigh)

The only conclusion in my case looking at the above is by sending them the additional 1700 bucks or so (on top of 685 30% down payment) via wire xfer no less is beyond dumb!

well....I'd likely lose a lot more then $450 in ROI at this point..even under their optimistic timeline

So from my situation..well best case scenario where everyone works as alpha says and we get the units end of September...the fact is they always
said middle of july (no matter what TOS claims) ...they always said the 1st batch of orders they paid extra 20% for rush which from their current
info was a lie.... they ban people for point out these obvious flip/flops.... they cancel paypal and can't get $$ from paypal back at the present time
to use for another half assed attempt to do 2nd batch of chips (my hats off to paypal...paypal may not be able to refund us but the pre-order
$$$ seems to out of their hands till they ship something)....well you guys have read this thread..it is BFL all over again...everything that goes
wrong is the customers risk and just bad luck..heaven forbid we would think it was 'incompetence' on their part...poor alpha

to send 'unsecured $$$" to these clowns now (in my case say $1,700 usd) on their 'new' promise of a product end of September (when they
always said middle of july at latest) for a product where by that time I would lose a lot more in ROI imho then $450 is just tossing more
money down the alpha rat hole

so I will eat my loss ....have  a Titan on the way that 'probably' will ship long before alpha gets something out and will rack this up to
experience.....I must admit pretty good scam on alpha's part even amex reps say 30% down via paypal and cc option with a normal
business that actually has legit banking (frigging payza shoulda been my first clue to run) and now only deals with 'cash' virtual or
fiat..well.....live an learn I guess .....

I will also do the other filings of fraud with UK authorities etc as well as will let you know how my amex dispute works out

but at the present time "YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT OF YOUR FRIGGING MIND" to give alpha anymore $$ on promises.....and
unsecured $$$ transfers with no refund recourse....with the above KNC and Gawminer hash rate going to hit likely BEFORE (if?) alpha ships!

by the by the gaw miner links above offer refunds up to 14 days before shipping knc and alpha don't ...so that also should tell you
something on choices you have at this point in time other then alpha!

I myself feel alpha likely will have 'just enough' money to make a few units with whatever batch size of chips they manage
to cobble together and then go bankrupt...I can't see a lot of folk paying the last 70% ..thus they will go bankrupt but be
able to show 'some product' bought (like hashfast ie chips) even if not equip made..and thus make the powers that be
see it was a true 'bankruptcy' rather then a scam from the get go...they are simply setting the corp up to take the fall imho

anyway $450 bucks out on all this I should really consider myself lucky...I almost got the 90mh or whatever they claim it is now

naw I will try to get my $$ back in some manner....successful or not ..will run that option till the end
if I lose the $450 so be it...but at this point in time with alpha's treatment of customers and just plain incompetence as a mnfg
company....you should take your loss and run like hell..by all means no one at this point in time should send them "MORE money

live an learn

Searing

you ordered a product that would be shipped in q3, that has not passed. now live with it and stop whining.if you dont want this, then dont put money in a pre order product. you made a choice ,now deal with the consequentes like an adult. all this whining makes me more tired then alphas flaws

and how much $$$ do you have as a pre-order to alpha? just curious

me only 685 usd (which i can deduct as legal miner in usa)  so will be down eventually approx $450 usd

by the way you forgot that they offered NO cc way of payment (although stalled and promised) for my 5 months they claim so I could no
longer refund...strung us along till the 5 months went by ..doing that trick ...thus they could keep the 30% down..as soon as most of
us were 5 months past suddenly they can take cc again (for a week) then again shut down when legit amex questions came to pass
on refunds....)

so actually good this happened in my case I would have still been under the illusion that my amex cc protection would have
applied to that last 70% ...the stall on cc actually *lost them* $$$ in my case because most of us was waiting for what
we 'thought" was a more secure method of payment via cc option

I've also pointed out in previous posts amex thought this was a pretty slick scam because I should be protected
but the alpha biz now only takes cash in the form of virtual cash or wire xfer ...so they are befuddled

so anyway alpha in no way is 'normal' in its method of product purchase (cancellation of paypal cc option) nor in how they
collected the last of the funds or want to (wire xfer only even after promises of cc option)

so again ..the cc option thread was to mislead most alpha customers till the 5 months expired

so whatever their TOS says ..the "intent" is to scam.which with the amount of evidence should be fairly easy to prove
at this point with a class action imho

but again how much $$$/skin do you have in alpha?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LTCagt

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:40:35 AM

"...the fact is they always said middle of july (no matter what TOS claims) ...they always said the 1st batch of orders they paid extra 20% for rush which from their current
info was a lie..." and that is the sentence we can get them

in every Statement as an employee or Manager of this crab they said - end of july - worst Scene as 31.07.2014 best one 15th

just if they said another thing before by writing it down - everyone have to believe that this date must be true - it was like a contract after a contract
wakirksey

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:55:47 AM

Why has the Terms of Agreement been changed to reflect the 250MH miners were downsized to 90MH and the 50MH miners downsized to 18MH.  Something is very fishy here, where before your announced Terms of Agreement had changes with effect dates to reflect those that are currently in Batch 1 to those that will purchase in Batch 2.  But, now there is no reflection on which batch is which, therefore, you can claim that the Terms of Agreement clearly showed that you ordered either a 18mh or a 90mh and that is what we shipped you, but the early Terms of Agreement showed 250mh and the 50MH.    I have attached a copy to these Terms of Agreements on my own webserver and they can be accessed through the links shown below:

<a href="http://mindwarp.no-ip.org/alpha/OriginalTerms.PDF" >Original Terms</a>
<a href="http://mindwarp.no-ip.org/alpha/TermsConditions-7-28-2014.PDF" >New Terms 7-28-2014</a>

In addition, you now claim that you cannot sell your miner and that you will not honor any third party sales.  Nothing was mentioned in my original Terms of agreement.  Since, I have now sold my purchased miner to a third party, I expect that you will uphold the Original Terms of Agreement or you will be in breach of contact - Please Refer to my Paypal Receipt and the Miner Transfer Letter below:

<a href="http://mindwarp.no-ip.org/alpha/EdittedViperPaypalReceipt.PDF" >Paypal Receipt</a>
<a href="http://mindwarp.no-ip.org/alpha/ViperMinerTransferLetter.PDF" >Viper Miner Transfer Email</a>

Furthermore, Prior to me selling my miner to a third party, I specifically asked for a refund in an email that I sent to payments@alpha-t.net.  In which,  I received the standard past five month reply letter.  I wrote an email back and explained that I bought this miner by another third party sale on 3-11-2014 and that my five months has not expired yet.  By my calculations, I still have until 8-11-2014 and even then I would be eligible for a 50% refund according to the Original Terms of Agreement.    Guess what, No  response from payments@alpha-t.net as of 7-29-2014 see my email letter and Alpha Tech Response below:

<a href="http://mindwarp.no-ip.org/alpha/AlphaRefund-Rejection-CounterEmail.PDF" >Alpha Tech Email-and Responces</a>

Now, you also are claiming  to discontinue the Credit Payment Processor and are demanding full payment now, which was stated in the Original Terms of Agreement would be available  final payment.  Again another breach of contract per the Original Terms of Agreement.

I can continue to list allot more evidence of breach of contract that Alpha Tech as been involved in.  Needless to say, Alpha Tech knows full well, that they are in breach of contract. yet they expecting their customers to sit still for it and abide by the very rules that Alpha Tech is breaking and expect to them to pony up full payment (I think Not).   Alpha Tech would you care to explain?

Just for your information, All evidence listed above and any other changes to your website have been recorded for possible legal action by myself and other individuals.   I have also posted this and other evidence onto my website and have kept any and all email correspondence.   
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

Hi sorry I'm not lawyering up with anybody. My case is already under way and I'd like to stay in control. Good luck with more science fiction from AT, feels like watching star trek 1979 today.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:29:39 AM

Hi sorry I'm not lawyering up with anybody. My case is already under way and I'd like to stay in control. Good luck with more science fiction from AT, feels like watching star trek 1979 today.
Going to small claims route?
wakirksey

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:22:49 AM

For those that are interested I have created a user forum that can be accessed to discuss and save any information that you think would be of interested to those customers of Alpha Tech.  You can access the forum by going to:  http://alphatechlegal.no-ip.info
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: