Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
pw4x3r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:59:54 PM

Even though I already have the money claim going through the courts, I dropped an e-mail over to this law office and gave them my information!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:30:26 AM

The Andrew Laurus Story is not confirmed. I think it is just a hoax. Roll Eyes
I revealed Andrew Laurus's involvement in this thread based on public records of shareholders. It is not a hoax.  It is definitely confirmed.  If you want to see a copy of their shareholder records this year, you can PM me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg7979406;topicseen#msg7979406

It's still hard for some folks to swallow the load of reality which is this situation.

Create a fake dude and issue him some fake shares in a fraudulent company and when it all implodes they will say fake dude ran off with the cash. Pretty lame!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Precog

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:03:40 AM

If you remember my last update regarding my BitPay refund request with dialogue involving Mubasher, our mediary and myself, the young adult forcibly changed the status of my order to refunded without actually sending a refund, and breaking communication for 2 days.

He replied upset that he felt "BitPay was feeding me lies" and "seemed to value the customer over the merchant" whereas the only contact that has occurred between BitPay and myself had occurred within the ticket itself and was completely neutral in every regard to the dialogue.

Also within his reply he did not address the status change of my order, my account status, or my two refunds.

He disregarded the issue and then disappeared again, and didn't respond to my immediate reply.

Bout to lawyer up because I'm getting nowhere with this negligent child.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:38:28 AM

so thoughts on this law firm? I've also been contacted.. I see they did some work on the Mt Gox thing, but I dont see a final result nor do I see much from their clients in the case. Is this a scam within a scam?
They look like a bunch of shady ambulance chasers if you ask me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507274.0
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zyf1w/sellachi_llp_vs_mtgox_discussion_of_fee/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MtGox/comments/1zn09i/selachii_trustworthy/
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?367574-payday-loan-taken-out-2-years-ago-now-capital-credit-management-Lasker-International-taking-my-money

They never answered the questions or serious allegations raised in those threads and kind of did an Alpha brushoff.

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.

I should hopefully be able to provide an update within 24/36 hours.

Questions & concerns in this thread still not addressed?

Our clients call us on + 44 (0) 20 7792 5649 or email info(at)selachii.co.uk for updates and advice.

Or please book an appointment for an in person meeting at our London office.

If you would like to obtain advice from any other law firm in England and Wales you may find firms here:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Or if you would like an estimate of costs and advice from a law firm in Japan you will find some here:

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7113.html

It might not hurt to hear them out but I would be vary and do your due diligence, especially if they are asking for upfront fees.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 02:04:21 AM

I have no more information about these guys than you do Retro72 but I think your characterization of them as ambulance chasers is a little unfair. All the ambulance chasers are down in Hammersmith Smiley

Seriously, when you are talking about lawyers who specialize in commercial and civil litigation, they are ALL ambulance chasers. Thats what lawyers do, help victims recover what is coming to them, and take a cut for their efforts.

I agree with you though that it wouldn't hurt to hear them out.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:55:03 AM

I have no more information about these guys than you do Retro72 but I think your characterization of them as ambulance chasers is a little unfair. All the ambulance chasers are down in Hammersmith Smiley

Seriously, when you are talking about lawyers who specialize in commercial and civil litigation, they are ALL ambulance chasers. Thats what lawyers do, help victims recover what is coming to them, and take a cut for their efforts.

I agree with you though that it wouldn't hurt to hear them out.
Haha, don't knock Hammersmith, it has some great pubs along the river, I was thrown out of pretty much all of them in my drunken, snakebite and black fuelled youth Grin

Like I say it probably won't hurt to hear them out. Maybe I was a bit harsh but do your due diligence and make your own minds up.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:01:39 AM

Oh snakey B now that brings back some (lack of) memories!  Grin
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:24:48 AM

So I was browsing their site again, for giggles, and noticed something which caught my eye. Now, the last CE/PSU update I could recall, they were going to require the customer to provide the PSU and they would simply provide the connector. Now I see on their site that they're including CE'd PSU's once more. Maybe I'm wrong and they did change it and I missed the update, but thought I'd share.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, check out their terms overview: "If at any point you request a refund...your order will be revoked to be resold to other potential buyers"

Considering they have tons of unpaid orders, I'm surprised they're "out of stock". Unless they plan to keep those miners..

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:22:46 AM

So I was browsing their site again, for giggles, and noticed something which caught my eye. Now, the last CE/PSU update I could recall, they were going to require the customer to provide the PSU and they would simply provide the connector. Now I see on their site that they're including CE'd PSU's once more. Maybe I'm wrong and they did change it and I missed the update, but thought I'd share.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, check out their terms overview: "If at any point you request a refund...your order will be revoked to be resold to other potential buyers"

Considering they have tons of unpaid orders, I'm surprised they're "out of stock". Unless they plan to keep those miners..

Well I know I got the refund thru amex either 1) because after waiting 44 days out of 45 days on my last dispute #1 (they lied and sent a modified bill showing I paid but not showing
as the site shows my regular bill as owing the last 70%..thus amex killed the dispute refilled modified (much larger info) dispute #2 week later.

I opened up the dispute again and amex got a LOT of info out of me for they said their 'fraud dept'  but essentially (amex refuses to say for legal reasons)
alpha did not do a follow up reply (within 30 days..guess it is 45 days for the initial dispute timeline) so amex managed (somehow) to get merchant money back thru alpha's account ...I was refunded in full..so was I a fluke at least from the amex cc refund point of view?

2) I'd like to think I got the refund because of all the info and amex reps involved sent alpha a pretty blunt letter and alpha just did not bother to
fight it ..thus refund was due to dispute info..but who knows?

my question/point is has anyone managed got get anything besides cc companies (not their partial refund plan back in spring alpha has) ...._I've gotten a few pm's one guy got a
chargeback from discover...a couple of guys (maybe 3?) got promptly paid back by Visa just on the explanation and there was one other guy who got a refund
on his cc that was mastercard and me and with my amex cc refund)

So has anyone managed to get $$ back from alpha by

1) lawyer
2) gov't agency
3) small claims
4) bitpay (more then the guy who got 30% back only via paypal ..see thread)
5) bank (your wire xfer method returned $$$ via yelling about alpha to the bank the wire xfered?

Just wondering perhaps it is too soon but looking like the only ones so far who have managed a FULL refund after the alpha
self imposed grace period over (last spring refunds) ..is thru various cc options...and that seems require a LOT of explaining to get even the alpha $$$
back even via cc method...in that from my point of view when it did reply on my first dispute ..the invoice looked like I paid for a completed
product...not 30% down on vaporware..what was sent to amex anyway

anyway yell where you are on the above process...post your results/ how far you've gotten...etc

Myself..er I'm hear Purely as a spectator now ....but...............   I'd still like to see 'legal fireworks' fry their butt....

anyway good luck to all (the statement I read to day .."you even apply for a refund we take your $$ and you lose place in line" I mean don't they
have any clue it is 'extortion' when you do something like that? IMHO I can't figure out why their offices are not literally crawling with gov't
regulators for these shenanigans..of course BFL is still a company so what do I know Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
pw4x3r

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:53:09 AM

Willow, that's a joke right? I don't actually see that anywhere....

and just for today's LoL @ Alpha tip from their terms:

Your pre-order is made under English law and under these terms to the exclusion of all other terms you may seek to impose. You and we hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to the resolution of any dispute or difference under your pre-order but we may commence proceedings in any jurisdiction in order to enforce our rights under the pre-order and these terms.

Translation

Alpha thinks they can break any international selling laws they want simply because they write that down on a single web page.

They never heard the joke as a kid, "write down on a piece of paper it's OK for you to shoot me and I will sign it and you can shoot me" doesn't actually work ;p

Funny still I am playing their game with their own courts rofl.
minerman147

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:16:39 AM

The Andrew Laurus Story is not confirmed. I think it is just a hoax. Roll Eyes
I revealed Andrew Laurus's involvement in this thread based on public records of shareholders. It is not a hoax.  It is definitely confirmed.  If you want to see a copy of their shareholder records this year, you can PM me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg7979406;topicseen#msg7979406

It's still hard for some folks to swallow the load of reality which is this situation.

I musst have missed this Huh Didn´t mean to spread disinformation.
bt2084

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:58:37 AM

If AT still has not refunded the 60% you should try to get it back.

I have not been in this thread since I posted pissed off comment in January about them stealing 40% of my refund plus fee. Seeing all the crap here now Im really glad I got my refund before it was too late :-)
Haven't been that lucky with Black Arrow and Hashfast though

ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:36:20 AM

If AT still has not refunded the 60% you should try to get it back.

I have not been in this thread since I posted pissed off comment in January about them stealing 40% of my refund plus fee. Seeing all the crap here now Im really glad I got my refund before it was too late :-)
Haven't been that lucky with Black Arrow and Hashfast though

God I wish my roommate and I wouldn't have paid for our unit entirely with bitcoin!  Now all I can do is sit back and hope some sort of class action comes out of all this that I can join since I'm broke.  I was warned this pre-order business stuff was risky but I have to admit I wasn't even considering the possibility of not even receiving a unit.  Guess I've learned this lesson the hard way!

bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 09:05:35 AM

thats all good and dandy IF the actual money is refunded in FULL, as is stated in the distance selling regulation which i have posted here o` so many times

VJLoops

Activity: 64

LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:47:23 AM

They look like a bunch of shady ambulance chasers if you ask me.

Perhaps we are seeing a new breed of lawyers tapping into a lucrative market?  "Crypto Chasers"
VJLoops

Activity: 64

LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:50:45 AM

Just popped in my inbox.

Thank you for your enquiry to the Citizens Advice consumer service. Your reference number is CS XXXXXXX.

We understand that a trader will not cancel a contract with you and you claim you purchased the contract as a consumer and not a business.

Your rights and obligations

When you purchase a contract you enter into a legally binding contract with terms and conditions you are deemed to have read and agreed to, if the terms do say that you are deemed to be a business then this is what you are legally bound to. The Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations would only apply to a consumer transaction and you should be given seven days to cancel in writing, if not then the contract would not be enforceable. With a business to business contract you are bound by the terms of trade of the seller. There is more information on our website

Your next steps

We’d now suggest that you send a letter to the trader setting out your complaint and giving them a deadline to respond to you. Template letters are available on our website. Keep a copy of your letter and get proof of postage so you have evidence of sending and receipt in case you need it later on.

What we’ll do

We will notify Trading Standards of the trader's activities. Whilst this would not help with your complaint, this is valuable intelligence for them, which may be taken into consideration in any future dealings they have with the trader.

If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail.

Kind regards

Isaac

Citizens Advice consumer service

Tel: 03454 04 05 06
Web: www.adviceguide.org.uk
Open: 9:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:00:55 AM

Just popped in my inbox.

Thank you for your enquiry to the Citizens Advice consumer service. Your reference number is CS XXXXXXX.

We understand that a trader will not cancel a contract with you and you claim you purchased the contract as a consumer and not a business.

Your rights and obligations

When you purchase a contract you enter into a legally binding contract with terms and conditions you are deemed to have read and agreed to, if the terms do say that you are deemed to be a business then this is what you are legally bound to. The Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations would only apply to a consumer transaction and you should be given seven days to cancel in writing, if not then the contract would not be enforceable. With a business to business contract you are bound by the terms of trade of the seller. There is more information on our website

Your next steps

We’d now suggest that you send a letter to the trader setting out your complaint and giving them a deadline to respond to you. Template letters are available on our website. Keep a copy of your letter and get proof of postage so you have evidence of sending and receipt in case you need it later on.

What we’ll do

We will notify Trading Standards of the trader's activities. Whilst this would not help with your complaint, this is valuable intelligence for them, which may be taken into consideration in any future dealings they have with the trader.

If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail.

Kind regards

Isaac

Citizens Advice consumer service

Tel: 03454 04 05 06
Web: www.adviceguide.org.uk
Open: 9:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday

Well the above certainly seems to suck from our point of view in our dealings with www.alpha-t.net ..this is discouraging indeed

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:03:26 AM

Just popped in my inbox.

Well the above certainly seems to suck from our point of view in our dealings with www.alpha-t.net ..this is discouraging indeed

Searing

Nothing has changed. There was no word about a business to business contract in their original ToS.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:05:09 AM

It sounds like what someone needs to do is get legal advice from a solicitor that declares that it is not a business to business contract.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
minerman147

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

" if the terms do say that you are deemed to be a business then this is what you are legally bound to."

That´s the pont. nothing has changed, since there was no word about it in AT´s initial Terms when we purchased in January!
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: