Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:33:26 PM

Yes i'm aware of how my post seems but under no circumstances i said to just let the money go. I was interested more in some opinions regarding what can i do if i accept their offer (they refund 132 pounds ) but also want the rest of my money. Are there any other means to recover the difference  because it seems that if i agree to this i would waive my right to get a full refund on my deposit

Is this true? If you accept the 50% refund, you have no legal right to claim the rest? So basically you need to not accept anything and go to a small claims court, and hope they side with you?

They can only claim a settlement and release if you agree to that.  Further, it can only be accord and satisfaction if the negotiable instrument used is clearly marked as such.

In other words, since they are royal fuck ups, I doubt they'll even do things right to prevent you from going after them for the remainder (though it will weaken your case in front of a judge because it does seem like you agreed to their settlement terms in the dispute).  Legally speaking though you can take some money and then go after them for the rest as long as you didn't formally settle and release them and you didn't engage in accord and satisfaction (google terms if needed).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

Before - the 'We will showcase an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks' update:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131106092909/http://alpha-t.net/news

After - the 'We have nothing left' update:

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=952.0

Instead of the recent TL;DR 'Announcement' with all its wheedling, threats and recriminations, how about Mubasher start acting like an adult and provide a plain old honest factual update on the development status of the project, including information about any financial problems the company may be experiencing, a factual explanation of any ASIC production problems they are having or have had, a realistic estimate of the performance, power usage and delivery schedule for the Viper and a statement of sincere regret for any problems customers have experienced ?

Then if he really wanted to show good will towards his customers, he could start by un-banning them (again), restore deleted or moved forum posts and personally address customer's concerns publicly in their forum.

Any finally, he could acknowledge publicly that Alpha-T have missed the commitment Fiaz made, as a company spokesperson, for delivery July 15- July 31..
minerman147

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:20:19 PM

I called Discover and said I wanted to dispute a charge, gave the date of the order and the merchant name, explained it was an order for a computer that was supposed to ship some months after I ordered it but never arrived and that I had tried to contact the merchant to request a refund but had been denied. That was it, I wasn't too specific about the date it was supposed to arrive. They did ask why I waited so long to dispute it, and I explained it was an order for an item that hadn't been released yet, but that the date of it's release had come and gone with no product arriving. They didn't need any additonial info.

This triggered a dispute in PayPal almost immediately with the description "Item never arrived", in the details it said "We're reviewing this chargeback and we'll contact you if we need more information. You don't need to do anything further at this time". Opened it on June 30th, didn't hear anything from Discover or PayPal, case closed in my favor July 16th.

I did exactley the same with Mastercard yesterday. Waiting for them to get back to me. Will be keeping you guys informed...

OK, Just got my Reply from mastercard. Since it´s been more than 120 day´s, they can´t do anything about it. They suggested to open a Claim with Paypal.

my amex card was way more then 120 days and they jumped right on the fraud/dispute stuff...mainly for non-delivery and also imho because I paid 30% down
on a paypal product and the association of my amex cc protection and then alpha said I had to pay the remaining 70% via no paypal or cc and via unsecured
method...that again imho p/o amex big time...still can't find out what they did/said to alpha to get my refund (may not have done anything and alpha missed
the 2nd deadline at 30 days rather then the first deadline at 45 days (on this bill they sent on 44th day)
..which they responded to with a bill looking like the 30% was a full payment...thus I lost
dispute #1 ..made another with the above info won that dispute)..so heck call someone else up try to make another dispute..see how it goes with a different
angle

I'd really push it and see how mastercard treats fraud..yell for some higher ups in the food chain there but the regular reps...if they somehow let you get a hold of fraud
dept just offer to make a dispute to give them info...even if they won't take your claim..you may get lucky if they see the merchant TOS with them has
been violated....etc

but again point out that others (me) an amex customer it was like more then 5 months and that amex found fraud on the part of the merchant in that alpha allowed
me to pay 30% down with cc option and promise of remaining payment the same way
but then will not refund you unless you send them unsecured funds for the missed date vaporware equipment and
you feel it is extortion..they get the last 70% via there way or the highway or you take a 30% loss
..again ..amex got on this because it was in i think amex view a front end vaporware scam that they looked by association to be
a part of the fraud....freaked them out a little in case other folks used this method of looking legit with paypal and amex then bolting for the hills

if YOU HAVE to as a last resort go thru paypal..1) say you want to report fraud..detail it all out to the rep alpha's tale of woe and games they play
make them forward it to the fraud dept..if they agree...(they did with BFL but told me after 12 months past from my order to call them again...this
was at 7months or some such...went no place in my case)

2) the fraud dept will PHONE YOU UP or not..if yes you have a place to vent and perhaps get them to refund anyway....after you do that you can
do this next step but you have to (maybe?) go thru fraud dept first not sure...but anyway

IF THAT DON"T WORK...your last chance is to ask to contact someone on the PAYPAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE it may be hard to get an email and such
but place an emphasis that this is one going fraud with paypal and cc companies looking complicit in the front up $$$ protected then boom not protected
on last 70% etc.. you could get lucky or not...

SOME people back in nov/dec 2013 when BFL offered NO refunds or anytihing....got this done by going before the 9 individuals on this paypal executive
after it hit bitcontalk imho the comittee got overwhelmed..did not matter anyway with the mad rush
at that point BFL changed banks etc to block paypal from getting any more $$$ or so I was told by paypal back at the time I tried this nov/dec 2013..
ie I would have gotten $$ thru this paypal exec committee but no more funds BFL could access or so I was told (probably by accident she maybe
should not have told me) but paypal could get no more $$ out of BFL at that point in time (man was i pissed soooooo close missed it by a couple days)
there is an old bitcointalk on it someplace here I think..and the crushing disappointment when the tap went dry

(i did eventually get a refund by luck...probation hearings on BFL employees and the class action suit on a monarch upgrade ..but that was just dumb luck)

anyway find out if you have equiv executive committee type stuff with master card .they got to have a fraud dept ...work that angle I can't see
master card or paypal putting up with vaporware sales of 30% down and no secured method to pay the last 70% or you lose it all....I mean come on
alpha does not even post its phone number anymore! If not well you can vent and at least know you did the good fight (i gave up after dec 2013 on
bfl got a refund another way...but felt better I tried even when I was sure (and still am) that hell would freeze over before a BFL refund..needless to say
I now think of hell as a quite pretty winter wonderland as a result

good luck these are at least angles I've tried (did not work) but hey...wtf do you have to lose>?

Anyway all I have hope it helps .....

Searing

Many thanks guys!

I wrote en email to them this morning, reffering to this :  ( thank´s eneloop )

http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchant/pdf/TB_CB_Manual.pdf Page 34

and explained the Situation as dircribed above by you.

Let´s wait what happens... Wink

Anyway: Don´t risk more than you can afford to lose!

So I´m willing to give it another try, but i´m not willing to give the Alpha Idiots to much control over my life, just for some Money.
Money Comes and goes my dad used to say. Live and learn... Grin Grin Grin

Now mastercard replied to me, requesting me to fill in theyr form of Dispute. Now they agree that there ist still chances to Charge back my Money.
Let´s wailt and see...
guess i have to make some donations IF things come out lucky and i be refunded. ( prapare you adresses )

Anyway, thanks guys.
Derekman

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:44:52 PM

Yes i'm aware of how my post seems but under no circumstances i said to just let the money go. I was interested more in some opinions regarding what can i do if i accept their offer (they refund 132 pounds ) but also want the rest of my money. Are there any other means to recover the difference  because it seems that if i agree to this i would waive my right to get a full refund on my deposit

Is this true? If you accept the 50% refund, you have no legal right to claim the rest? So basically you need to not accept anything and go to a small claims court, and hope they side with you?

They can only claim a settlement and release if you agree to that.  Further, it can only be accord and satisfaction if the negotiable instrument used is clearly marked as such.

In other words, since they are royal fuck ups, I doubt they'll even do things right to prevent you from going after them for the remainder (though it will weaken your case in front of a judge because it does seem like you agreed to their settlement terms in the dispute).  Legally speaking though you can take some money and then go after them for the rest as long as you didn't formally settle and release them and you didn't engage in accord and satisfaction (google terms if needed).

the normal method is to quote "in full and final settlement" on any agreed amount in the UK. Then it is over for both parties.
JesseCoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:01:32 AM

Wonder if they actually developed a scrypt asic. I made the mistake of paying them for 1x 250mh/s unit with Bitcoin Sad Probably going to say Goodbye to that 5k.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:44:37 AM

Has anyone been able to start any proceedings in UK against alpha?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

well this is a test I can't seem to quote then post on the alpha forum ..or is it just me?

(not that anyone would come after me fine fellow that I am right?)

anyway this is what I get when I try to quote (just on this thread)

An Error Has Occurred!
The post you are trying to quote either does not exist, was deleted, or is no longer viewable by you.

weird anyone have any ideas..besides voodoo on alpha's part against me...(er likely)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Derekman

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:33:09 AM

I need some statistics and quotes from the website forum as i am starting to prepare for a hearing that I expect AT to request.

As AT have deleted all the posts and i am banned,it is difficult to obtain in retrospect.

I remember some one posting a few pages back some stats, can you PM me with them and any others you guys have.

Also need quotes of Fiaz promising July 31st as early in the time line as possble.

Also if people have copies of deleted posts or the forum just before they did their big wipe that would be great, i only have the one after the shareholder offer.

thanks Guys!
Derekman

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

May 27, 2014
  Greetings Miners! After long consideration, lengthy negotiations with our vendors/partners and downright demands being placed from our side in light of competitiveness within the market we have decided to further cut our profit margins and are extraordinary pleased to announce that we will be packing more hash power into your batch 1 devices (whilst scaling power accordingly so not Continue Reading

What is the date today ? August 10 … and counting … 7 weeks to go.

Having spoken to some people experienced in ASIC design, is that it's at least 8-12 weeks from tapeout to delivery of first silicon, and at least another 2-3 weeks will be needed for PCB assembly, testing, shipping between factories, etc.

This means that when they made the announcement of 27 May, they must have already known that their tapeout had failed, and there would be a delay of months for the design to be modified and to go through the full sign-off verification process.

It's quite brazen really. They even had the cheek to ask for final payment in July stating that shipping was on track for July.

The overall project seems catastrophically badly managed. At this point, they should have mechanical samples of the PCBs for testing in the enclosure (same mechanical shape and size, with the same heatsinks, etc.) It's also been nearly 2 weeks since they had the ballout for the ASICs, which means that they should have a completed miner PCB design, in order to ensure that production delays don't compromise manufacture after arrival of the ASICs. They've been making a big song and dance about completing the power distribution PCB design - so I'd have expected the completion of the miner PCB to be being broadcast from the rooftops.

Heck, even the case design shown looks like a joke - there's no way that you'll get 2 kW of silicon cooled in that. Again, they should really have had some test PCBs with dummy loads on, for testing the thermal situation by now.

That sounds like "failure to disclose information" and therefore gaining a pecuniary advantage over their customers who paid. Check out section 3(b) of the Fraud Act 2008.
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:59:47 AM

I need some statistics and quotes from the website forum as i am starting to prepare for a hearing that I expect AT to request.

As AT have deleted all the posts and i am banned,it is difficult to obtain in retrospect.

I remember some one posting a few pages back some stats, can you PM me with them and any others you guys have.

Also need quotes of Fiaz promising July 31st as early in the time line as possble.

Also if people have copies of deleted posts or the forum just before they did their big wipe that would be great, i only have the one after the shareholder offer.

thanks Guys!

Have you tried "The way back machine"

Had a quick look
http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://alpha-t.net/

terms - http://web.archive.org/web/20140210051151*/https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/

seems to be some info there that might be of use.

Good luck

I'm not affiliated to that service in any way
Derekman

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:22:08 PM

thanks Guys!

Have you tried "The way back machine"

Had a quick look
http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://alpha-t.net/

terms - http://web.archive.org/web/20140210051151*/https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/

seems to be some info there that might be of use.

Good luck

I'm not affiliated to that service in any way

thanks looks like a start!
zinner27

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:59:03 PM

Seems like At got them selves a real fanboy :  "LJcowned"

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=890

In all posts he defending AT, feels bad that Fiaz left and he is super optimistic about this whole share thingy..... Another scary part is that he gets a lot of likes from other customers Oo.......

AT  must have blocked my mails,  they aren't answering at all... All this bs about goodwill was just a lie....
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

Seems like At go them selves a real fanboy :  "LJcowned"

In all posts he defending AT, feels bad that Fiaz left and he is super optimistic about this whole share thingy..... Another scary part is that he gets a lot of likes from other customers Oo.......

AT  must have blocked my mails,  they aren't answering at all... Al this bs about goodwill was just a lie....

haha thats probably fiaz himself

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

Seems like At got them selves a real fanboy :  "LJcowned"

AT  must have blocked my mails,  they aren't answering at all... All this bs about goodwill was just a lie....

It is probably a fake account but yes some will continue 'to believe' until the bitter end because facing the truth hurts on a lot of levels.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

Is it me or has Mubasher completely removed the Archive section of the Alpha forum, deleting all of the old threads? It was there yesterday.

Here's something I just noticed

Yearly Summary: 2014                                   
New Topics: 802    
New Members: 1291
Most Online: 289
Page views: 1025802

Now if you look under Forum Stats

4209 Posts in 332 Topics by 1203 Members.

Does this mean Fiaz have deleted 2358 posts, removed 470 topics and banned 88 members since February Shocked Most of those probably happened in the last 3 months.

I've taken screen grabs of the pages showing 322 topics on July 27th to just 9 topics today. Mubasher may think he's being clever by deleting all the old threads but if it ever gets to court this will show Alpha's blatant attempts to cover up what they have been doing. It makes them look pretty shady.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:31:12 PM

From Alpha-T Forums:

Greetings Miners,

This is our final final final final word to those who are not happy with us/demanding a refund as such any posts on this topic will be deleted (depending on their context). We are sorry but this post is in everyone’s my interest and is necessary in order to keep the forum from being flooded with unnecessary complaints people wanting their money back: Just as a reminder what has happened since the start: you pre-ordered a product, competitors then arrived on the scene. In order to secure your loyalty money, we increased the hashrate to 90Mh/s which is fair enough was theft of our profits, we then took final payment at 90 (if we were any other company we would have kept add matching hashrates: chances are we would have as we could have stopped at this point, that is a fact lie), we then decided to increase to 250Mh/s despite the fact we didn't need to that the competitors had our asses to the wall by raising hashrates. We delayed and despite the fact our terms give us leeway in this: for the sake and in the interests of our customers shareholders and solvency we still decided to go yet another step further by giving you shares of our company for the rest of its existence without the need for you to spend an extra pennybecause we've already bled you dry or work for us hence there is no catch this is technically something for nothing because we really have nothing else to give in so far as what we are illegally obliged to provide you. All this on top of free shipping for batch 2 and 10% off any future batch if we can get people to buy from us after this fiasco; this is an unprecedented level lack of customer service. We have been crystal clear from the start last time we changed teh terms and conditions with our cancellation policy so why you would order from us if you didn’t agree with it or worse you thought it wasn’t legal is beyond us  you must be idiots. Customers who do not pay in full will of course not receive shares in our company, their orders money will be cancelled seized subject to our latest changes to our cancellation policy; this is the final final final final word on this. And while technically the due date has passed we of course haven’t cancelled anybody’s orders because we will want your money but at a certain point enough is enough. If we were any other company we wouldn’t be having this discussion because we would have delivered on time and not breached the contract, it is what it is, if we may be so bold we have gone above and beyond the call of duty for you in trying to get your remaining 70%; this is a fact. I am sorry it is your perception that you believe you are entitled to more from us getting your miners delivery in July with competitive hashrates however we have nothing left to give and can do nothing more for you. You paid for a 25Mh/s miner and everything on top is goodwill steals from us the profits we wanted to make, this is simply a fact. Thank you for your understanding and we are sorry if this response is blunt a big FU to you diluted customers. We are just proud of our company egos  taking this action as these choices are never easy and it is always tempting to take an easy way out screw you even more, yet here we are doing our best and you can't shouldn't ask for more than that. How many other companies would have gone to these greater lengths to keep your custom and loyalty, after the rollercoaster ride clusterf@$k that has been batch 1? So in short to beat the dead horse some more, we will not allow customers who only pay 30% to join the company you guys suck for not giving us your money and their orders money will be subject to our cancellation policy seized, their 30% cannot be applied to any future batches, products or services from us it is ours to keep. This is the final final final final word on this as such any posts on this will be deleted and the poster will be directed to this post. We are sorry if this sounds harsh to you like us being assholes and thieves but the bottom line is aiming your frustrations at us will change nothing and not help you in any way hence there is no point in it, give up, we are not giving your money back, and you can't make us.. You have paid 30% for a miner which you will never get, nothing has changed regarding this transaction except that we are giving something extra instead of the miners we promised. We would like to say to some people that we are only responding in kind with poor customer service to complaints that are unwarranted so please work with us on this forum constructively in order to help you instead of hostility/nitpicking being assholes like us about things that can’t be helped just for the sake of it your hard earned investments we will get somewhere together and you will be better off for it as we've proven we directly make changes ban you based on your input in this forum; sometimes within hours of us seeing a post. This is just a fact that has obviously not gotten across to everybody yet; our goal and sole intention here is to work with you take your money and make huge profits for ourselves and help you so we humbly arrogantly ask you to help us do that and not hinder us our profits and solvency as you will only be helping screwing yourself; surely this makes more sense. If you have any issues with our stance on this you are welcome to PM this account and someone will get back to ban you; almost all PM’s are read and responded to users banned. If you want to wait until credit cards are up or more ‘proof’ has been released before you pay see this: https://alpha-t.net/news/final-payment/ good feaking luck

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
pw4x3r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:07:43 AM

Yeah, honestly, his post is the most pathetic bitch fit I've ever read (four times over) (Rofl).

QQ some more my god....this is the official post of a real company? LoL. Needs to start preparing to shut down this company.
spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

Before - the 'We will showcase an ASIC prototype in the coming weeks' update:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131106092909/http://alpha-t.net/news

After - the 'We have nothing left' update:

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=952.0

Instead of the recent TL;DR 'Announcement' with all its wheedling, threats and recriminations, how about Mubasher start acting like an adult and provide a plain old honest factual update on the development status of the project, including information about any financial problems the company may be experiencing, a factual explanation of any ASIC production problems they are having or have had, a realistic estimate of the performance, power usage and delivery schedule for the Viper and a statement of sincere regret for any problems customers have experienced ?

Then if he really wanted to show good will towards his customers, he could start by un-banning them (again), restore deleted or moved forum posts and personally address customer's concerns publicly in their forum.

Any finally, he could acknowledge publicly that Alpha-T have missed the commitment Fiaz made, as a company spokesperson, for delivery July 15- July 31..
What? LOL, then we can trust tem again huh? maybe send them some more money - Nah! -M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

To me that company announcement reads like: Please stop pulling money from me, the company is about to go under.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:43:55 PM

To me that company announcement reads like: Please stop pulling money from me, the company is about to go under.

Yes I agree.  There are so many emotions in the context of that announcement and many of the previous ones.

Begging customers to stop asking for refunds.
Passive aggressive threats
Outright anger
Denial that they are supposed to compete against other businesses

I wonder how this guy can be considered a grown adult.  He shows all the signs of a small child.  I picture him whining, complaining and throwing tantrums to his father about how everyone is out to get him.  He probably has some deep seated mommy issues.  Probably sleeps with a pacifier or blanket at night.

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: