Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:31:02 PM

For anyone who hasn't heard, some KNC Titan units have apparently trickled into customer hands (elsewhere on BCT). Customer order statuses are beginning to change from 'paid' to 'processing'.

Processing->Shipped is usually fairly quick.

It would appear, Alpha has failed. Again.

But do we have to keep saying again? I mean it's the norm?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Odeyin

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

I wanted to capture this before it gets deleted: From Mick on the Alpha T forum: "I had a a few Friends  in Manchester go to the Alpha office  The place has been abandoned for months (phone disconnected, fl mail piled up in the doorway). The general consensus from the the local people and businesses is that Alpha are a bunch of crooks and their customers have been scammed.

Mubasher Akram ... if I do not have my order to 2 October
or my money is completely with me again.
  then some of my Albanian friends are in England begin to seek you.

consider yourself lucky if you
  the police found earlier."
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

I wanted to capture this before it gets deleted: From Mick on the Alpha T forum: "I had a a few Friends  in Manchester go to the Alpha office  The place has been abandoned for months (phone disconnected, fl mail piled up in the doorway). The general consensus from the the local people and businesses is that Alpha are a bunch of crooks and their customers have been scammed.

Mubasher Akram ... if I do not have my order to 2 October
or my money is completely with me again.
  then some of my Albanian friends are in England begin to seek you.

consider yourself lucky if you
  the police found earlier."

That is a good intimidation.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:34:47 PM

NEW PREPRODUCTION PHOTO VIPER

You can see the cooling fan, really close to the 400 core asic chips

I heard it can do 1000 khashbrowns/sec

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
vesperwillow

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:45:38 PM

And like the past few photo updates, it too is a departure from what everyone paid for, even in physical appearance.

Odeyin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

And like the past few photo updates, it too is a departure from what everyone paid for, even in physical appearance.
Funny..because those are toasters.
vesperwillow

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:55:30 PM

Funny..because those are toasters.

With a greater potential to generate any level of heat, than AT gear right now.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

News from the front

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email (payments@alpha-t.net) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

Anyone else smell the desperation in that email. I hear the death knell toll for Alpha. Offering partial refunds to stave off full refunds from missing their Q3 deadline that's pretty hilarious. I guess its pretty clear Alpha have given up and are trying to get out of this with the shirts on their backs and avoid a prison cell.
Nullu

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:36:35 PM

News from the front

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email (payments@alpha-t.net) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

Don't do it. If you accept the paltry partial refund, you'll never see your full refund.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:54:25 PM

News from the front

Greetings Customer,

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

Don't do it. If you accept the paltry partial refund, you'll never see your full refund.

The question is how much is the partial refund going to be and does that include BTC returns?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Odeyin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

Here is some feedback from the Alpha T buyers: 

Quote from: UltraRUS on Today at 06:30:29 PM
This full obsurd, I paid 100% deposit, they only return on Offer 30% and 70% take for themselves. This is a complete shit.

Did you get an email? Please post it..
They can't keep 70%, i paid in full and ordered first day. I would go with 70-80 percent back.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:39:03 PM by jochem »
vesperwillow

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:06:58 PM

The question is how much is the partial refund going to be and does that include BTC returns?

That sad thing is, some BTC > 0 BTC

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:31:20 PM

they are bleeding money through chargebacks and lawsuits.

As far as I am aware, they have not lost much [if anything] on legal cases. There is currently only one case on this thread of someone winning (and that was by default) through small claims - but no update as to the status of whether the refund was indeed given. My guess is that it wasn't/hasn't been [yet].

You're correct, I won in small claims but haven't received anything yet

And you wont, do you believe they do respect the law?

zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:38:49 PM

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email (payments@alpha-t.net) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

And here is the key word.
Nullu

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

Unfortunately, yes. I should have considered that. There's no legal way to get your BTC back that I know of.

vesperwillow

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

Unfortunately, yes. I should have considered that. There's no legal way to get your BTC back that I know of.

In the US it's considered property with value, I believe. If you're in the US, perhaps there's something which can be done.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email (payments@alpha-t.net) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

nice one.  This is pretty absurd, essentially offering people 30 cents back on the dollar is absurd!  An obvious trap!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
alexfgT

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:29:22 PM

Here is some feedback from the Alpha T buyers: 

Quote from: UltraRUS on Today at 06:30:29 PM
This full obsurd, I paid 100% deposit, they only return on Offer 30% and 70% take for themselves. This is a complete shit.

Did you get an email? Please post it..
They can't keep 70%, i paid in full and ordered first day. I would go with 70-80 percent back.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:39:03 PM by jochem »

yes yes I wrote in this forum, I was offered a 30% refund, even though I paid 100% of the cost. And the most interesting thing I was banned on the forum after this post ...
Nullu

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

Greetings Customer,

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director

nice one.  This is pretty absurd, essentially offering people 30 cents back on the dollar is absurd!  An obvious trap!

It's damage control. Too many people are winning cases. If you paid in any other way other than bitcoin, then legal action is the best course.

Test User

Activity: 85

Miner and technician

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:59:23 PM

I wonder what you have to do have the judgement enforced.  Any idea?

If you have a judgement, then the defendant has a set period of time in which to pay. If they don't, then you can go to court again and ask for permission to enforce the judgement.

There's a description of your options in this newspaper article:
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/nov/20/small-claims-court-enforce-judgment

The next step is to apply to court asking for a warrant of execution instructing bailiffs to visit the business address and seize goods. In practice, this rarely is useful, and if the office is empty, then it is difficult to see how it will do anything.

The only viable alternative options that I can see are:
 - to apply for a 3rd party debt order through the court - if granted, the court will issue a warrant to freeze the debtor's account. This will only work if there is money in the account; money coming into the account after the order is given is immune. Note that you need to know which bank the account is with; and you can only freeze the company account, not the director's personal accounts.

- bankruptcy - you can ask the court to close down the company and seize all assets. The minimum debt is £750 and there are big fees (nearly £1000) to apply. This is the "nuclear" option. However, it will only work if the company has assets in the UK. However, this option does bring with it significant penalties against the company directors - they will be disqualified from acting as a company director, have their personal credit trashed, and if they are accounts, they will usually have their chartered status or certification revoked. If the liquidator (official receiver) discovers or suspects fraud, attempts to offshore assets, or trading while insolvent while tracing and selling assets, then he can apply even more penalties to the directors in person. Note that if you request for bankruptcy you do NOT get priority over other debts. You get pooled with every other creditor for access to the company's carcass when the assets are divided up.

A charging order won't be useful, as you can only use it against company owned real estate, and you can be pretty confident that the shop is leased. Similarly an attachment of earnings order won't be useful, as you can't go against the director in person, only the company.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: