Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6928 times)
Undamobil

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.

I am always optimistic with the coins that already exist in the big community, but now the price is down but if the store in the long term will provide benefits, and do not forget the Pink coin
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:56:00 AM

if all people think likes you, who will invest in ICO and their projects fail certainly. The tokens price dump so much after the ICO date because of the selling of bounty participants. But now, the managers have many ways to control this problems such as freezing tokens in few months after ICO. I believe this way will help the token price increase.
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:26:17 AM

A lot of money goes out from ICO the wave number 2 of ico is finished that is no point to invest in ICO now , because its finished now , we need wait repeat of 2017 year and will start new 3rd big wave of ICO !
What do you mean: 2nd ICO wave, 3rd ICO wave? There are some time periods when it is better to invest in ICO or what?
trry98

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:30:16 AM

The ICO boom in 2017 absorbed a lot of money. With the saturation of the market, the probability of participating in ICO to make money is now very small. Now many ICOs are projects that have no actual progress. Only a few lines of code and a white paper come to ICO. This is all a lie. I suggest holding some projects with actual development so that there will be profits.
eert

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:29:38 AM

Many ico prices are seriously overestimated, causing the opening price to be lower than the cost price. Many ico are not suitable for investment, and the proportion is 90%. It is better to choose the higher market value such as bitcoin, eth, bch, neo, and eos. Are good choices
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:21:56 PM

I kind of like the new model Vitalik came up with - DAICO. Do you know about it? I know some gaming platform Abyss was launched this way, I'm curious to see if the model holds up. I am also curious about the ICO regulations, how they will turn out. As much as I prefer freedom and all, I think its good some regulation comes this way, it has been really crazy.
The regulation may actually change a lot of things. I have not heard much about DAICO but I know some ICOs are going the exchange way these days. They get listed on exchange first and then with that it is going to be more like first come, first serve with equal chance for every investor. I would personally prefer that anyway as that would even bring some level of sanity to the market as we get to see some hunters dumping hugely below the ICO price.

Probably OP is concern about more  scams in the name of ICOs. But in long run, they cannot sustain which means we never need to worry on difference on ICOs from this year to last year. Things will get better over time but wee need to be more careful on choosing ICOs.
Bitcoin-Turkiye

Activity: 1664
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:47:57 PM

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.

I am always optimistic with the coins that already exist in the big community, but now the price is down but if the store in the long term will provide benefits, and do not forget the Pink coin

until recently, I was optimistic, but now my confidence is not complete. maybe real risk is the most well known coins. technologically they have not fully developed themselves. I hope they again come back to their old prices..

Turkey Asic miner Best Seller Telegram @Miningci
mysterecryptoooo

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

It is obvious that the ICO s in 2018 are not the same than the Ico s in 2017. It s not a myth that the market went down and the altcoins along with it. In 2017 the market was bullish and now its more likely bearish, not to forget the scams and the regulations etc... Lots of parameters that are affecting the Ico s. However i do think when the market is going to recover, their prices will be more interesting once they hit the market

▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮WORLDOPOLY▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬
First Augmented  reality game based on blockchain
JOIN OUR   ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
seven2smoke1

Merit: 132

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:57:47 PM

if all people think likes you, who will invest in ICO and their projects fail certainly. The tokens price dump so much after the ICO date because of the selling of bounty participants. But now, the managers have many ways to control this problems such as freezing tokens in few months after ICO. I believe this way will help the token price increase.
Freezing tokens in a few months after ICO period, it will be good to governorate the price of the crypt. This way is good to help the token price increase, but some investors will think that this ICO is a scam, as the price is not moving (Increase/decrease), Personally, I don't know a lot of about ICO, but I think if we read the white paper and check the Team of this project, we can know more about it, and then we can have a good idea if the ico will fail or succeed in the future.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:13:06 AM

It must be too early to compare the ICOs of this year with last year's. As only 3 months of time we got so far to observe about the ICOs in 2018, how we can make a comparison between these two year's ICOs.

Basically I do not want to just raise quick conclusion on this now considering how the market has really ended up with a lot of the coins and tokens really getting punched in the face, and that could have affected them once launched on the exchanges themselves. Still, if we get to see the same thing happening when the market is sound and back to normal, then we may start concluding on this.

In speculation levels, we may expect the ICOs to repeat what they have done in last year. But, no one can be assured about the new ICOs performance and also the mentality of investors to make ICOs success similar to last year.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:51:47 AM

Its right some ico are make x5 or more after ico and its good to search and most coins now are in down so i think if investor want to invest maybe they wait for a long term. Some investor are have no patience they sell their coins even the price is falling.
BTC-Market

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:25:49 PM

I agree with author. But it happening because of the difficult situation nowadays in crypto currency world. Every coin goes down, unfortunately
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:40:51 PM

ICOs in early 2017 was different from ICOs at the end of 2017. Therefore, you can not expect that ICOs in 2018 will be the same as 2017. Everything changes every year and I believe that in 2018, ICOs still have some opportunity and benefits to continue to grow and develop

Yes, there is a big difference between 2017 ICO launching and 2018 ICO launching, because of the price is very unpredictable to rise it's pick. And we know once the king bitcoin will rise all the alternate cryptocurrency will also follow due to a demand of a supply towards the investors who really to joined in investing coin whether in long term and short term.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
In my personal opinion ICO price of most coin in 2018 drops significantly on it first few days in trading market for the reason that we are currently experiencing bearish market but when bitcoin start to recover it will drag also altcoins price to go up including ICO coins. butci do agree with you that now a days better to wait forvthe opening day in trading and buy when coins is dropping than joining the ico.

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:24:33 PM

Its right some ico are make x5 or more after ico and its good to search and most coins now are in down so i think if investor want to invest maybe they wait for a long term. Some investor are have no patience they sell their coins even the price is falling.
Well, with how the market is running right now, its better to be careful before investing to any ico project, as the value depends with how
the forces of both investors and supporters will lead the project after the coin was been release, OP's  statement can be good as a basis
while checking around with current project that's new inside the market as we seen most of the time their value is cheaper than the value
when investors bought them from the ico sale period.
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:30:30 PM
Merited by Paractor (4)

Have noticed this too.
Once they get their target amount during the pre-ico sale or even in the early time of the main ico sale itself the value of the coins drop significantly.
As if nobody cares about the project anymore.
Very disconcerning for the early investors and even the people who bought during the end of the ico sale. Embarrassed

V-t.Ester

Merit: 25

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:19:31 PM

A lot of ICO campaigns in 2018 year are with KYC or "know your client" system, where to get your tokens you have to identify yourself.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:09:05 PM

yes, everything has become more difficult. there are too many projects now and they make the investors confused. they are very hard to choose one to put their money. I recommend you should find some good ICO rating websites sucs as icodrop.com to research before buying token
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:09:21 PM

One of the reasons the price dips below ICO level by that much is because big investors who got a discount of up to 100% in the pre-sale dump at a profit as soon as the market goes live

baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

In addition to the fall in ICO prices, ICO scams, poor quality ICOs are now widely circulated in the market by 2018. The ICO is not yet in the legal framework so people The ICO project does not pay much attention to the development of the project but only to the mobilized capital. They then appropriated many people's property. I think we should not invest in ICOs for the time being.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: