Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform  (Read 301242 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:51:35 AM

Question...

Anyone know why we're seeing so many orphans network wide right now?  It's only started happening this last week or so.  I've checked, and most pools have shown an increase in orphans.  In fact Tagmining has had 9 in the last 7 days.

Any ideas what's going on with the network right now?

-Fuse

This is continuing to happen.  Does anyone have any information as to why this is going on?

Mark, any ideas?

-Fuse

What he said up above is likely the cause.. it sat as the #1 coin on coinwarz for awhile today. That drives the direction of a lot of mining operations, individually as well as the pools which operate on 'which one is valuable' metrics.

Another reason we need a network hashrate thing.

150 diff ~ 2.6gh rate.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

What he said up above is likely the cause.. it sat as the #1 coin on coinwarz for awhile today. That drives the direction of a lot of mining operations, individually as well as the pools which operate on 'which one is valuable' metrics.

150 diff ~ 2.6gh rate.

If this was the case, and I'm not saying it isn't or is, then why have we not seen this until right now?  We had a large increase in network hash power about 3-4 weeks ago, and we didn't see the orphans we are seeing now.  As I speak, the difficulty is at about 68.  Far from the 150 we had earlier today/yesterday, but even at the lower difficulty(read lower network hash rate) we're still seeing orphans.

If the orphan rate we're seeing is an acceptable norm, so be it.  I just want to make sure I do my due diligence in investigating if there is anything that can be done to limit the amount of orphans we're seeing on the pools.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:13:22 AM

150 diff ~ 2.6gh rate.

If this was the case, and I'm not saying it isn't or is, then why have we not seen this until right now?  We had a large increase in network hash power about 3-4 weeks ago, and we didn't see the orphans we are seeing now.  As I speak, the difficulty is at about 68.  Far from the 150 we had earlier today/yesterday, but even at the lower difficulty(read lower network hash rate) we're still seeing orphans.

If the orphan rate we're seeing is an acceptable norm, so be it.  I just want to make sure I do my due diligence in investigating if there is anything that can be done to limit the amount of orphans we're seeing on the pools.

-Fuse

I quoted the wrong message lol.. I was responding to the 'difficulty 150, what the' message.

As to the orphans, it could also be related. As to why not before, maybe the luck factor?

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:28:03 AM

Tagbond, how are the rigs? Got them "working" yet?

Here is how the spread would look like, and we are approaching these numbers already (on cryptsy anyway).

0.001789 BTC =  80 PHP = 1 TAG
0.002236 BTC = 100 PHP = 1 TAG

Even with a high difficulty, I would consider this coin more stable than others.

tagbond (OP)

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:50:54 AM

@Dabs - yes, got the rigs working with xubuntu 12.04.0 and latest drivers, but still only get 550 on each card..so was contemplating buying small hard disks to go on each rigs with windows, because I know that is fine at 750 stable..

Looking into orphans...but it may just be the rise in difficulty and extra hashpower that is going into the coin...the diff has come down somewhat, so would be interesting to see what people are getting now?..

@Frankthechicken - we will create a one pager pdf on the 2 main entities - tagbond & tagcash. The same info will be showing on the front pages of the 2 sites. Just to provide overview here, Tagbond is the membership and rewards site where companies can create campaigns and manage their members, and Tagcash is a cyrpto exchange and payments platform. Tagcash will also have info on all coins, blog postings about the crypto market, and a coin factory section where others can create and bid on premines for other coins that we decide are worth creating.

@ _4Char - will be adding option to view in mTAGS...this is part of what we want to offer to merchants, so they don't have to think about decimals...they can give away mTAG rewards to customers

Also going to redo the TagCoin site, and make it a bit more sales centric with benefits to companies...less technical, more benefits..

ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:21:10 PM

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know I am buying TAG for $1 USD each over at the TAG exchange!

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:37:06 AM

I'm waiting for the update to the Proof of Stake and the new trading / exchange platform. It seems not too much activity at the old / current exchange, and it might look too complicated for the target market (new users and merchants who just want to buy or miners who just want to sell.)

Also, just my opinion, @tagbond, be selfish and don't allow any other crypto currency in the trading platform, just TAG and BTC is fine. You stick every DOG, CAT and RAT coin, and it dilutes your potential business. There are other exchanges for all the other coins anyway, you don't really want to compete with them.

24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:42:43 AM

Also, just my opinion, @tagbond, be selfish and don't allow any other crypto currency in the trading platform, just TAG and BTC is fine. You stick every DOG, CAT and RAT coin, and it dilutes your potential business.

Agree 100%... no need even for LTC in my opinion.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:45:36 AM

For LTC and all other coins, you can go to BTC-e and cryptsy and some others. TAG needs to be focused. Even if it never goes above 200 PHP or 0.003 or 0.004 BTC, it just has to be stable. That stability will be provided by the initial funding on the new exchange / trading.

The merchants will like the stability. They're not in it to speculate anyway. For those speculating, they are buying now.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:54:30 AM

For LTC and all other coins, you can go to BTC-e and cryptsy and some others. TAG needs to be focused. Even if it never goes above 200 PHP or 0.003 or 0.004 BTC, it just has to be stable. That stability will be provided by the initial funding on the new exchange / trading.

The merchants will like the stability. They're not in it to speculate anyway. For those speculating, they are buying now.

This.

I love TAG for it's stability in price.  You turn the exchange into another BTC-E, and you've got pumps, dumps, and chumps for days.  TAG & BTC.

Community > Devs
tagbond (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:12:31 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 05:22:41 AM by tagbond

@Dabs - Tagcash was never all about TAG, it was about building a payment platform to compete with Paypal at some point..especially in the crypto market - the exchange is integral to that aim - I firmly believe crypto will be the rewards system of the future, replacing points etc, but TAG is not the only currency that will be used. I wish it were, but that will not be the case. When you are earning your starcoins at starbucks and then want to pay for something in TAG at another site or shop, you will need an easy way to convert or pay from one to the other. That's where we want to be. All of these things will bring notice to TAG, and there will be enough use of TAG as rewards to keep price rising.

On another note, I think the spike in TAG has to have come from China - on btc38.com the 24hr turnover was something like 10 million yuan (almost USD $2m), which is more than the total cap for TAG and on crypsty, it went from USD 5k a day to 75k a day. Something somewhere has been written, but I cannot find anything in English (eg: a write up on techcrunch), so I can only assume it must have come from China. Anyone have any ideas?

decrypter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:22:26 AM

This.

I love TAG for it's stability in price.  You turn the exchange into another BTC-E, and you've got pumps, dumps, and chumps for days.  TAG & BTC.

Tag did quite well this past weekend while most other alt-coins were falling against BTC, TAG actually rose. More details about it here:
tagbond (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:30:40 AM

@decrypter - As people get used to crypto, and more astute investors start coming in, which I think they are starting to do now..they will look at fundamentals of a coin in the same way as traditional stocks and shares. TAG has good fundamentals, and I'm not talking about just the coin fundamentals, but the business around it..Wink

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:21:28 AM

@Dabs - Tagcash was never all about TAG, it was about building a payment platform to compete with Paypal at some point..especially in the crypto market - the exchange is integral to that aim - I firmly believe crypto will be the rewards system of the future, replacing points etc, but TAG is not the only currency that will be used. I wish it were, but that will not be the case. When you are earning your starcoins at starbucks and then want to pay for something in TAG at another site or shop, you will need an easy way to convert or pay from one to the other. That's where we want to be. All of these things will bring notice to TAG, and there will be enough use of TAG as rewards to keep price rising.

On another note, I think the spike in TAG has to have come from China - on btc38.com the 24hr turnover was something like 10 million yuan (almost USD $2m), which is more than the total cap for TAG and on crypsty, it went from USD 5k a day to 75k a day. Something somewhere has been written, but I cannot find anything in English (eg: a write up on techcrunch), so I can only assume it must have come from China. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, okay, that makes sense. As long as it's stable and profitable to mine. Now, as to those rigs, I'll get one from you soon. Still thinking where to place it though.

tagbond (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:10:35 AM

Tagbond Games Tagverts....

We are just making the first of what we hope will be a few games tagverts for Tagbond - we want to create simple games of chance that reward the user with a prize...level of difficulty can be set according to the value of the prize. The first one will be a bit minesweeperish... tagvert creator sets grid square (5x5, 8x8, 25x25 etc) and number of bombs, wins, blanks and number of attempts to win. They have to take the total number of attempts, so if they hit a TAG logo as a winner, they have to make sure there are no bombs hit for the remainder of the game. Each game randomizes placement of the elements. Limit to the number of games played per day.

The idea is to bring a bit of fun to the user experience and for the communities to advertise and promote ...prizes can be coupons, crypto currency etc. The customers keep coming back once a day to see if they can win.

We will have the first game up within a few days, and of course the prizes will be TAGcoin..Wink - sharing the game on facebook or other sites will also earn you mTAGs when your friends or users use the tagvert.

Some of you know we can charge for Tagverts, but in this case we cannot allow charging for taking the games - it will be deemed gambling. However, there is no reason that someone cannot create a community and charge a membership fee to play the games within that community, or to charge for membership upgrade and have access to games giving them higher prizes. I may do that with TAG, and add the membership fee into a pot that gets shared out as prizes in the games.

If anyone has ideas for games let me know...but they should be mostly chance based games, no skill required..Wink - also they should be easy to create in jquery, html, php etc...no use of flash etc.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:08:03 PM

Hmmmmm... let's talk a little about the business, the part about rewards. For example, I have a service where I cut your pants to your length. A lot of retail outlets sell pants or jeans that are usually too long.

I could then ask the customer to fill up a small survey form and have them attach their receipt (to make sure they already paid for the service), then I can send them some TAG as a reward.

Do you have other ideas for a regular, none technical business? The service uses a tailor, the physical location probably does not have internet access. So points or TAG get credited in batches later.

This may attract new customers, or existing ones who are tech savvy will take advantage of the TAG rewards. They get TAG to use however they want, and I've already made my money, although now I need to have constant supply of TAG for this promotion.

tagbond (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:54:04 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 03:05:29 PM by tagbond

@Dabs - We have the survey/poll asking customers for info and rewarding them for their time - in TAG, other currency or a special deal for the next visit. That's been there for a long time. Using a combination of all the different tagvert types, this should cover most eventualities for bricks and mortar businesses. Let me know if you think there might be more..Wink. We are open to developing any kind of Tagvert to suit any kind of business as long as it brings more Tagbond members to the platform.

In your case of asking for a survey to be filled in, you don't need to give the receipt, you can simply add the tagvert to their account manually (by asking for TAG ID), or upgrade them to VIP status or another role where the tagverts are ready to be taken at any time. And yes, it can be done in batches later. The ideas for the games can be used with the same customers, but as a prize you could offer free fitting for a friend or something (something that normally costs the customer money, but really costs you only your time). You can vary how difficult that will be to get, as well as how many rewards are available before they run out...so all of this creates a bond between the customer and merchant.

On another note, I have put a one page description in PDF format on the front page of this thread and linked it here as well:

Download one page PDF file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1i6zhenlbt8916e/tag.pdf

And finally, we have made the Tagcash exchange live (it is available under tagcash from the menu in tagbond.com or in tagcash.com directly) - don't want to create a big announcement for it just yet, will let the readers here test it to buy and sell TAG for any currency we have listed. Let us know if there are any bugs or you want to see any updates. But probably the first thing we will be doing is adding the candlestick and volume markers.

affan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

my doge deposit/transfer didnt show up after 23 confirmations ( wallet) , 0 confirmation (tagcash), have already clicked sync...

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
tagbond (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:09:21 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 05:23:54 PM by tagbond

@affan - checking dogecoin now..I probably need to update the version, since it has forked 4 times already..and will probably fork again..

UPDATE - yep, dogecoin had forked again and I had to recompile it..same for stablecoin ( I guess not so stable, lol) - so you should see the sync now if not shortly while blocks upload..

For the future, will probably only add coins that are fairly stable. Dogecoin was an exception due to the turnover it does/did..we will see if it sticks around tho.. but if anyone wants 85,000 dogecoin in return for 15 TAG, we can do the trade on tagcash..Smiley

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:50:55 PM

Mark,

Upon further investigation into the orphans, I'm not 100% sure it has to do with the higher hashrate/difficulty.  If you look at the block stats of Tagmining and Botpool, you'll see orphans on blocks where the difficulty was as low as 40 for a few consecutive blocks.  In fact, most of the orphans are occurring well below a difficulty of 100.  It's weird.

Of course, I'm no expert in these matters.  Far from it lol.  Just reporting back to let you know what I've found.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: