Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform  (Read 301242 times)
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:03:46 AM

The fix this time is set at a specific date.  So regardless of how fast we push through blocks, we're still working against time.

Per the code change in the last update, in src/main.h (as seen on github)
Code:
+static const unsigned int FIX_SWITCH_TIME = 1391299200; // Block reward fix, PoS reward fix, Trust Fix. Feb 2 at 00:00:00 GMT.

-Fuse

I apologize. Didn't know that was possible.
jtphenom

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:55:50 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 01:12:59 PM by jtphenom

Didn't someone say that the fix had already been implemented in some pools, like tagmining.com and some others? Or does being on the longest chain not really fix the problem for those on it? I mean I've been mining at tagming for a couple days, and probably 80% of my coins are orphaned!! That's absurd!

EDIT: And also, can someone please explain why the fix doesn't get implemented immediately, instead of setting a date and waiting for that date, while miners are losing money and wasting hashing power and time? I've seen some people say "If you don't like it, go mine some other coin!" That's great customer service and an excellent way to show the people who love TAG how much they are valued.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:17:08 PM

Didn't someone say that the fix had already been implemented in some pools, like tagmining.com and some others? Or does being on the longest chain not really fix the problem for those on it? I mean I've been mining at tagming for a couple days, and probably 80% of my coins are orphaned!! That's absurd!

EDIT: And also, can someone please explain why the fix doesn't get implemented immediately, instead of setting a date and waiting for that date, while miners are losing money and wasting hashing power and time? I've seen some people say "If you don't like it, go mine some other coin!" That's great customer service and an excellent way to show the people who love TAG how much they are valued.

I think the fix or the latest version of the client, with the fix, is being used by the pools. That means, the problem is still going to happen until after Feb 2.

One reason it is not implemented immediately is because if you were to implement it immediately last week, then those who did not update yet, including hundreds of users and hundreds of miners, would all get "orphaned" by everyone else on the updated client. There would be a fork.

There needs to be some time for the official announcement and for everyone involved to update to the latest version. When this happens in Bitcoin, (like in the fork of March 2013), everyone was given at least two weeks.

Not everyone gets to update the minute a new version is uploaded.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:33:52 PM

I mean I've been mining at tagming for a couple days, and probably 80% of my coins are orphaned!! That's absurd!

The orphan rate on the site right now is 50%, verifiable by the block stats.  This is happening everywhere, but it is more pronounced on Tagmining because we are currently the largest pool.  So yeah, the orphans suck.  But Tagmining has also stayed ahead of the forks because of it's size.  I haven't had to resync or worry about whether we were falling behind, and usually after the orphan streaks we hit a super low difficulty for a dozen or more rounds, so it really does even out.

The orphan rate sucks right now.  But 80%?  No.

I'm one of the people that specifically said to people that if the orphan rate was a problem for them to mine something and come back when it's fixed.  But not because I want to push people away.  People who know me know that my #1 priority is the well being of my miners.  If you're not making the coin you think you should on my pool, mine on the pool that makes you more.  If the coin isn't performing like it was, go mine something else that makes you the money you need, and come back when it's right for you.  It's not about pushing people away mate.  It's about making sure people do what they need to do to keep the bills paid, and money in their pocket.  Do what's right for you  Smiley.

As far as the timing of the fix goes, it is what it is.  This isn't a fly by night coin.  The projected longevity and stability of the coin far outweigh any hiccups we've seen in the first 3 months.  I do wish we did another block checkpoint instead of a time checkpoint, but I agree that we need to make sure everyone is updated.  We could have easily had a block checkpoint, and then end up pulling a whale like BCX again to push the chain along.  Then what happens?  We're left with half the people on the old wallet, and the other half wondering why the new one still isn't working.  Dab's is 100% correct with this one.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
morrisminer

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

What the fuck is this shit .. hours of mining and a shit load of fucking orphans! Or is is just hashfaster pool that's fucked or scamming ?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:39:29 PM

What the fuck is this shit .. hours of mining and a shit load of fucking orphans! Or is is just hashfaster pool that's fucked or scamming ?

Calm, down... take a deep breath... and read the last 3 weeks of posts in this thread.

Hell, read my post right before yours.

People really need to start reading this thread before they cursing about orphans and claiming scams on pools because of them.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
jtphenom

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:55:29 PM

Hey folks, thank ya much for the great explanations and patience with my frustrations. The truth is there is a ton about this I don't get, and I'm going to go ahead and trust what you're telling me. Transparency is a wonderful thing, and it definitely will keep me coming back.

I would certainly not think this is some sort of scam. Your honesty and straight-forwardness makes that very unlikely. Thanks again. Wink
morrisminer

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

Calm, down... take a deep breath... and read the last 3 weeks of posts in this thread.

People really need to start reading this thread before they cursing about orphans and claiming scams on pools because of them.

-Fuse

Err .. 3 weeks, really?

Hey - this crap has just put a couple of new miners having a go at TAG into the obvious position of questioning this altogether if their efforts are wasted ... why run the pools if its broke - who stands to gain, certainly not them with a shitload of orphans? I was asked if this was possibly a scam so you can stick that attitude of yours right up there where the sun don't shine!

TELL YOUR POOL OWNERS TO MAKE THAT OBVIOUS on the pool that it is fucked ! Easy really, and in all our interests I dare say .. so, why was this not done, is it a scam ?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:49:23 PM

-Fuse

Err .. 3 weeks, really?

Hey - this crap has just put a couple of new miners having a go at TAG into the obvious position of questioning this altogether if their efforts are wasted ... why run the pools if its broke - who stands to gain, certainly not them with a shitload of orphans? I was asked if this was possibly a scam so you can stick that attitude of yours right up there where the sun don't shine!

TELL YOUR POOL OWNERS TO MAKE THAT OBVIOUS on the pool that it is fucked ! Easy really, and in all our interests I dare say .. so, why was this not done, is it a scam ?

Why would you get involved in a coin if you haven't read about it?  Wouldn't you want to at least read a few of the last pages of the thread to see if there were any recent issues that you should be aware of before you blindly jump on because coinwarz told you to?  That's just common sense, mate.

I've made it clearly apparent in my pool thread for TAGMining that we're hitting orphans, forks, low difficulty dips, whatever the case is at the time.  In fact:

I can't speak for other pool OPs, but I clearly pointed out the issue on my pool.  Again, it's well documented in this thread for the last x amount of pages.  The coin and pools didn't put you in the position of losing time/coins... your inability to read about what's going on did.

Now, to calm the waters, I'm willing to send you some TAG if you PM me your address.  It won't be a ton, but enough to say you got something for your complaining.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
morrisminer

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:23:07 PM

-Fuse

Err .. 3 weeks, really?

Why would you get involved in a coin if you haven't read about it?  Wouldn't you want to at least read a few of the last pages of the thread to see if there were any recent issues that you should be aware of before you blindly jump on because coinwarz told you to?  That's just common sense, mate.

I've made it clearly apparent in my pool thread for TAGMining that we're hitting orphans, forks, low difficulty dips, whatever the case is at the time.  In fact:

I can't speak for other pool OPs, but I clearly pointed out the issue on my pool.  Again, it's well documented in this thread for the last x amount of pages.  The coin and pools didn't put you in the position of losing time/coins... your inability to read about what's going on did.

Now, to calm the waters, I'm willing to send you some TAG if you PM me your address.  It won't be a ton, but enough to say you got something for your complaining.

-Fuse

Fair enough, but do remember that folk try out coins that pop up on coin warz and other places as being profitable and on the face of it that is not entirely dishonest to be fair but your pool message however should say that you may get sod all if you mine here to be a wee bit more accurate ? Or, it may be that you only expect experienced miners on these pools ?

.... anyway, any donations will be passed to the guys who wasted their newly aquired mining capability on TAG today. You have however made an assumption that I am myself out of pocket so to speak!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:54:42 PM

Fair enough, but do remember that folk try out coins that pop up on coin warz and other places as being profitable and on the face of it that is not entirely dishonest to be fair but your pool message however should say that you may get sod all if you mine here to be a wee bit more accurate ? Or, it may be that you only expect experienced miners on these pools ?

.... anyway, any donations will be passed to the guys who wasted their newly aquired mining capability on TAG today. You have however made an assumption that I am myself out of pocket so to speak!

While Coinwarz(and similiar sites) is often a good metric for profitability, its fundamental flaw is that it only looks at two things- difficulty and price.  What it doesn't account for is the possibility of network issues with the various coins.  99% of the time, if a coin is leaps and bounds above the other coins in terms of profitability, it's because the coin forked and Coinwarz is on the lower difficulty fork.  So miners say, "Holy jeebus, I can make $500 a day with my 7790!", and then find out later that it was bunk.  Without verifying the information in the coin's announcement thread, you're just mining blindly.

As Regean said, "Trust, but verify."

As far as my news post not being entirely accurate- I believe that the people mining should at least have a grasp of the basic ideas and terms used in crypto.  That being said, if I wasn't aware of what an orphan is, I'd make sure I found out quick if what I was mining was having an issue with them.  That's just putting two and two together and getting four, mate.  I'm a pool OP, not a math teacher.  I can't hold every miner's hand and explain to them the ins and outs of mining.  It's their responsibility to be knowledgeable in their endeavors, whether that's in crypto or in life in general  Smiley.

For anyone who isn't sure what oprhans, or forks, or any other word thrown around in crypto means, there is a glossary at the following address for your reference.

https://github.com/oleganza/CoreBitcoin/blob/master/GLOSSARY.md

-Fuse

Community > Devs
FortuneSeeker

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:47:36 PM

OK as a total newbie to mining.. and Fuse I have been doing some reading but some i don't understand... is Tagcoin worth mining at all for someone like me?  I'm building my rig this week once the parts arrive and I have been keeping track of coinwarz to give me some idea what coin to mine.  I was leaning towards TAG and Worldcoin with Tag being the favourite. But these issues (and I haven't read all the thread to know yet) make it sound like i should reconsider?

A more experienced view please?

Also if I do has anyone got a suggestion for a good pool ?

Cheers
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

OK as a total newbie to mining.. and Fuse I have been doing some reading but some i don't understand... is Tagcoin worth mining at all for someone like me?  I'm building my rig this week once the parts arrive and I have been keeping track of coinwarz to give me some idea what coin to mine.  I was leaning towards TAG and Worldcoin with Tag being the favourite. But these issues (and I haven't read all the thread to know yet) make it sound like i should reconsider?

Cheers

I started mining TAG early... maybe in the first couple days.  I didn't really get involved until about 2-3 weeks later I think.  It's a solid coin to mine if you ignore the orphan issue.  The vision Mark(@Tagbond) has for this coin is truly visionary, and a first in crypto.  One day, businesses on every continent will be using TAG for rewards, I guarantee it.  There is already an Asian market embracing it and thriving, and we all know what the Asian markets can do for crypto.

As far as the orphans go, you also have to take into consideration the fact that while we're having these issues, the difficulty is low.  AND the multipools aren't slamming it every 20 minutes.  Before the fork/orphan issues came up, we were getting upwards of 200 difficulty.  So now is a great time to bank some coins, regardless of the orphans, before the difficulty goes back up.  I'm earning more coins mining TAG now with the orphans than I was about 2-3 weeks ago.  You lose some rounds to orphans, but right after, you get rounds with difficulty in the 20s and 30s.

Look past the orphans and you'll see the value.  Some people just can't look past the orphans.  So like I always say... do what's right for you.  If mining a more stable(at this time) coin makes you sleep better at night, mine it.  TAG will continue to grow and exist.  You can always come back  Smiley.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:42:45 PM

People forget bitcoin forked several times, and the fixes weren't immediate either. Folks were mining it still, some were buying it when it was like $1, some folks bought when a bitcoin was worth pennies.

And look at the value of bitcoin now ...

Coins worth mining have solid backing and longterm goals. An example is Bitcoin, Tagcoin, Litecoin. Coins NOT worth mining are gimmick coins.. I won't badmouth any of those here, but it'll be obvious to most to see the difference between a gimmick and something with business/investor-backing.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:07:14 AM

Cheers

I suggest you mine TAG. And only TAG.
I suggest tagmining as the pool.
I suggest you only solo mine it, if you have 50 MH/s of mining power or more (I know I'd try.)

You can also try some of the other new coins, just for fun. Had you mined all those other silly coins even for a day, you'd make a little profit without hurting your stable TAG mining. Or at least you'd learn something, and you can claim your portfolio has a few billion (worthless) alt-coins.

tagbond (OP)

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:54:38 AM

I disabled trade.tagbond.com - there were only 3 or 4 trade orders there, and we will the accounts with the balances form those trades. Use tagcash.com from now..

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2219

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:41:34 PM

I disabled trade.tagbond.com - there were only 3 or 4 trade orders there, and we will the accounts with the balances form those trades. Use tagcash.com from now..

I've just sent you a second message - re my USD balances -  one deposit never arrived and the other was on a buy order and that buy hasn't been transferred across.

If you could look into that I'd appreciate it.

weatherman

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:37:25 AM

I tried to move my tag coins over to tagbond , however its out of my account and didnt go into tagbond correclty (had over 30 confirmations and had waited a day and still wasnt credited to the account)

Its not on tagcash either - any suggestions guys?
kambo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:22:23 PM

why all my mining Qty is Orphaned??what is the pool doing for our miners?Huh
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:32:14 PM

why all my mining Qty is Orphaned??what is the pool doing for our miners?Huh

Please read the Opening Post of this thread. The orphan issue is known and a solution will be in place within a few days. It's unfortunate, but there are still random orphan issues right now.

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: