Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ense04

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

My 2BTC

While richlist is cool to see where you rank vs others, why do any of us NEED it?
I just don't seen the big deal if it even exists.

Just my opinion,
Jason

Well you can see who is a bag holder and isnt active and who is dumping and more Smiley a lot of useful information .

Regardless if its needed or not, several members in the community including myself like to have that information. I believe we even had an offer from someone to take it over from Unick. Not sure why its a problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dyoungii

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

Also if you wish to support TEK check out www.altaccept.com you can accept TEK in your own store!

███    TWITTER    FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE    GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK    ███
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

Good job getting staking back up and running folks (well in a test fork at least).  Any ETA on the official fork?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

Good job getting staking back up and running folks (well in a test fork at least).  Any ETA on the official fork?

discussing when and where to put the fork in. Thunder is testing the release to make sure nothing important was missed. I think (don't hold me to it) that the first release will simply be a fix, with the new UI and such coming a bit later. But yes, on the test fork all appeared to work correctly and quickly. There may need to be some more tweaking down the road a bit once the staking is moving correctly, but it won't be major.

That being said, the fix is a hard fork and will be a mandatory upgrade. Thundertoe will have the details very soon.

Oh, no stake weight will be lost. Obviously, given the halted POS chain, we all lost some compounding, but no stake weight. Call it nature's method of inflation control Tongue
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:59:02 PM

discussing when and where to put the fork in. Thunder is testing the release to make sure nothing important was missed. I think (don't hold me to it) that the first release will simply be a fix, with the new UI and such coming a bit later. But yes, on the test fork all appeared to work correctly and quickly. There may need to be some more tweaking down the road a bit once the staking is moving correctly, but it won't be major.

That being said, the fix is a hard fork and will be a mandatory upgrade. Thundertoe will have the details very soon.

Oh, no stake weight will be lost. Obviously, given the halted POS chain, we all lost some compounding, but no stake weight. Call it nature's method of inflation control Tongue

I am glad to hear that everything is getting into gear. It sounds like lots of hard work and testing went into this. Also I wouldn't call it "inflation control", maybe more like "postponing inflation".  There might be a bit of inflation lost due to the loss in compound, and those that panic sold away their coin age.  But once staking comes back on, there will be a week or so of harsh inflation that has been postponed, at least assuming everyone held on to their coins like they should have.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:11:08 PM

I am glad to hear that everything is getting into gear. It sounds like lots of hard work and testing went into this. Also I wouldn't call it "inflation control", maybe more like "postponing inflation".  There might be a bit of inflation lost due to the loss in compound, and those that panic sold away their coin age.  But once staking comes back on, there will be a week or so of harsh inflation that has been postponed, at least assuming everyone held on to their coins like they should have.

I know. It was a poor attempt at humour Tongue
Elite2TheMax

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:22:13 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 02:32:18 PM by Elite2TheMax

Glad to see that the new Tek wallet is in the works to fix the staking issue.Can't wait to have it.  A great coin, should of just stuck with it when I got my miner, prices got crazy high some weeks ago. Sure they will go back up there again hopefully. Glad to be mining Tek coin 24/7 Tongue

Got a quick question as I take my mining extremely serious and love to mine a coin with value and that gives interest is a bonus.

Do the coins have to be in the wallet and not be moved for a period of about 30-34 days to be staked. Eg. Because I am a miner I mine Tek exclusively do I have to wait for "staking day" to move the mined coins in or can I pay out coins from the pool to my wallet daily?

Just want to know so that I do the right thing for my coins from the get go.

Your help is appreciated.
dyoungii

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:32:18 PM

Glad to see that the new Tek wallet is in the works to fix the staking issue.Can't wait to have it.  A great coin, should of just stuck with it when I got my miner, prices got crazy high some weeks ago. Sure they will go back up there again hopefully. Glad to be mining Tek coin 24/7 Tongue

Got a quick question as I take my mining extremely serious and love to mine a coin with value and that gives interest is a bonus.

Do the coins have to be in the wallet and not be moved for a period of about 30-34 days to be staked. Eg. Because I am a miner I mine Tek exclusively do I have to wait for "staking day" to move the mined coins in or can I pay out coins from the pool to my wallet daily?

I send it in chunks so I don't have a ton of inputs staking at once. It is easier on my CPU. Once the input is in your wallet it must remain in that wallet and not move for 30+ days to stake.

███    TWITTER    FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE    GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK    ███
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Do not mine TEK. Mine BTC and buy TEK and you get much more TEK.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:28:57 PM

Incoming transactions do not affect your staking weight. Each transaction is, by default, a separate block. If you use coin control techniques to combine to larger blocks, then you will destroy your stake weight for the affected blocks, but that's a manual process. If you have coin control enabled in your wallet, you can click on it under "send coins" and it will show you every block, the date it was created or last moved, and if it's past the 30 day period, it's current weight. You can use that to pick and choose which blocks to send from if you are sending coins out.

Again, incoming transactions do NOT affect staking weight. You're golden Cheesy
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:00:58 PM

I am glad to hear that everything is getting into gear. It sounds like lots of hard work and testing went into this. Also I wouldn't call it "inflation control", maybe more like "postponing inflation".

Speaking of inflation control, since a lot of people seem to be worried about it, we could also investigate creating a proof-of-burn token like Counterparty or Dogeparty. Burn some TEK and you have (drumroll) TEKparty, with which you can do all sorts of innovative financial transactions. Just thinking out loud.
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:35:17 PM

Any idea if the new version will address the error 22 block decode issue with submitting blocks?  I think this is hurting the coin really bad right now with no one knowing what the cause of this is.  I talked with the stratum devs and they all say it is an issue with the wallet, not stratum.  So no real way to mine it using a stratum pool from what I can tell.  Those that are mining it are most likely mining direct to the wallet.

Thoughts?  Solutions?
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:46:50 PM

Any idea if the new version will address the error 22 block decode issue with submitting blocks?  I think this is hurting the coin really bad right now with no one knowing what the cause of this is.  I talked with the stratum devs and they all say it is an issue with the wallet, not stratum.  So no real way to mine it using a stratum pool from what I can tell.  Those that are mining it are most likely mining direct to the wallet.

Thoughts?  Solutions?

Current stats from the stratum pool at dsync.net:

Tekcoin

Pool Hashrate: 4650.5 Gh/s
    Pool Workers: 23
    Current Difficulty: 179919.72720802
    Pool Last Block: 497979

I'm not sure what the error 22 bug is - first I've heard of it.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

Thoughts?  Solutions?
There's a stratum that works. CryptoExpert. I'll get the link in a bit, but it's proven working. NOMP and the basic stratum do not.

I don't know if the dev's are working on this or not, but I'll pass the word. I had forgotten. I'm fairly sure the next release will be a stop-gap to take care of the immediate issue, but I know that a lot more is in the works.
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:06:30 AM

Yes, I tried the dsync pool and every time i connect the stratum server goes dead.  Not sure what is up with that at all.  But yes, knowing what the cause of that error is would be nice.  I have no issues with coins like BCX that are also POW/POS.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:30:57 AM

Yes, I tried the dsync pool and every time i connect the stratum server goes dead.  Not sure what is up with that at all.  But yes, knowing what the cause of that error is would be nice.  I have no issues with coins like BCX that are also POW/POS.

I'm unfortunately at the wrong machine, but when I'm not I'll post up the link for the stratum that is known to work. I have made a pool with this for testing and I did solve blocks.

The error is apparently unique to TEK. Hopefully it'll be solved in the upcoming revamped wallet. I doubt that it will be in the interim fix, unless I'm wrong about how far along the less important and more cool stuff is.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:48:55 AM

Yes I am happy for this as well.

I just want to make sure the code makes it to github, so it can be reviewed.  I am happy to Q/A it as well.

Good luck!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
johan11

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:09:32 AM

I just want to make sure the code makes it to github, so it can be reviewed.  I am happy to Q/A it as well.

Good luck!

THX for code - but windows wallet not compiled?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:29:15 AM

Good luck!

THX for code - but windows wallet not compiled?

Windows will be available. Tranz just wants to make sure the code can be reviewed. And Tranz? I talked to Thundertoe earlier today. He's putting it up on github. May be there by now, as that was several hours ago.
Elite2TheMax

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:10:09 AM

Thanks guys for the info, really was helpful. Would like to learn more with coin control as that would be a very useful feature for me as to pick what coins to send cause of the constant incoming transactions of Tek that will be sent to my wallet from mining and the constant POS blocks too.

As for the dsync pool, I have tried it, the stratums are up and down constantly, its just their server, never liked it because it is not stable. I am on another mining pool, solo mining and blocks are constantly found and are resolved, so don't see any issue with stratum at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: