Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:36:35 AM

Also, real quick...  I was wondering if sending all the coins in my wallet to myself would help organize my staking?

I was worried that if I sent all my coins to one of my own addresses, then the coins age would reset and I'd would have to wait 30 days from the transaction
to stake again ( I know silly question  Lips sealed )

Thanks!!

TEKcoin 2 DA MOOOOOOON!!!

Apparently, any time you send coins the age resets. Use coin control to aggregate the youngest. Be aware: Staking can sometimes produce an orphan block regardless of its size. Smaller blocks reduces the number of coins lost.
I am pretty sure orphans don't matter.

an orphan just costs you some time. I'm not sure if this is the intent, but I've gotten orphans a few times. It always stakes again in fairly short order.

As to aggregating your coins, yes, it resets the coin age. That's not ALL bad. I just did it yesterday, to put all my eggs in one basket as it were. If you're in long term, it might be a good idea to reset certain blocks to maintain a steady staggering. I'm not there yet, but my goal is to have ten blocks of 1000 each aggregated 2 days apart. Coin control feature in the QT wallet is your friend!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:41:22 PM

Also, real quick...  I was wondering if sending all the coins in my wallet to myself would help organize my staking?

I was worried that if I sent all my coins to one of my own addresses, then the coins age would reset and I'd would have to wait 30 days from the transaction

Thanks!!

Apparently, any time you send coins the age resets. Use coin control to aggregate the youngest. Be aware: Staking can sometimes produce an orphan block regardless of its size. Smaller blocks reduces the number of coins lost.

an orphan just costs you some time. I'm not sure if this is the intent, but I've gotten orphans a few times. It always stakes again in fairly short order.

As to aggregating your coins, yes, it resets the coin age. That's not ALL bad. I just did it yesterday, to put all my eggs in one basket as it were. If you're in long term, it might be a good idea to reset certain blocks to maintain a steady staggering. I'm not there yet, but my goal is to have ten blocks of 1000 each aggregated 2 days apart. Coin control feature in the QT wallet is your friend!

So coin control is turned off by default.

Now I see how some of these coins can maintain 50-100% payout...
Because most owners do something "wrong" and get stuck with way lower rates...
And "staking documentation" for NVC, TEK, HBN, PHS consists of rummaging thru long ANN threads.

No need to move the coin from Cryptsy...
Trading these things pretty much kills your payout...
So let's keep staking secrets a "black art" that's passed down from generation to generation.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:49:54 PM

Thanks!!

And "staking documentation" for NVC, TEK, HBN, PHS consists of rummaging thru long ANN threads.

So let's keep staking secrets a "black art" that's passed down from generation to generation.

I'm actually working on that, cuz about two months ago I would have agreed with your assessment. Since then I have become friendly with several of the developers of staking coins, and it's much simpler than that. They speak code better than they write documentation. I don't speak code very well, but I can translate Cheesy

Yes, coin control is not turned on by default in the QT wallet. Or rather, the coin control INTERFACE is not on by default. Got to setting->options->display and activate it there. However, if I understand properly, the functions are already in place, and it automatically spends the lowest weight coins first. With coin control, you have absolute control over that.

Also, the wiki on hobonickels is very good. It's not as comprehensive as I would like, and it's references deviate from observed behaviour in some minor ways, but overall it's a good read and explains things very well.

Always keep in mind, we are on the frontier. Things often get done before they get documented.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

Thanks!!

I'm actually working on that, cuz about two months ago I would have agreed with your assessment. Since then I have become friendly with several of the developers of staking coins, and it's much simpler than that. They speak code better than they write documentation. I don't speak code very well, but I can translate Cheesy

Yes, coin control is not turned on by default in the QT wallet. Or rather, the coin control INTERFACE is not on by default. Got to setting->options->display and activate it there. However, if I understand properly, the functions are already in place, and it automatically spends the lowest weight coins first. With coin control, you have absolute control over that.

Also, the wiki on hobonickels is very good. It's not as comprehensive as I would like, and it's references deviate from observed behaviour in some minor ways, but overall it's a good read and explains things very well.

Always keep in mind, we are on the frontier. Things often get done before they get documented.

Listen to biomech, he is a proven smart member of tek

Thanks! The secret of my success is I keep bashing at the wall until it falls down Cheesy
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:36:22 PM

Tekcoins rising from the ashes as a success story in an age of Pump N Dumps

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:31:04 AM

Tekcoins rising from the ashes as a success story in an age of Pump N Dumps

whoa, oldie but goodie right here! 

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:51:01 PM

Allcoin.com vote rank is now #16

https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#TEK

Keep voting every hour, this will be a good exchange - lots of PoS loving people there, less bot action.
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:00:49 PM

Is now a good price to buy or is it a bubble and I will lose my money?

Looking at Cryptsy, it's been climbing steadily since April...
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

This could go down at any time though. People might come to sell their staked coins once they come in and surely this could cause a drop in the price.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

This could go down at any time though. People might come to sell their staked coins once they come in and surely this could cause a drop in the price.

Anyone who dumps while price is steadily going up instead of placing many small sell orders is complete idiots but yes, there are many like that around here lately.  Undecided

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:06:55 PM

Anyone who dumps while price is steadily going up instead of placing many small sell orders is complete idiots but yes, there are many like that around here lately.  Undecided

Trading TEK with long term in mind has been pretty easy, its turned into about the most predictable coin around. Slow climbs, spike up, retreat, flash dumps almost instant recoveries. Like he says trickle them out when price is high, and with long term in mind i like to try and rebuy those dips, i always have buys up at a range you never know when you can catch a good dumper and bring your cost avg way down. This is one reason the buying in steady over a month works so well, you have time to cost avg nice. Once payments come in you can trickle out a portion without having to dump a large amount or park t on the sell board and miss out earning stake.
CentralCavern

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:25:41 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 10:15:31 AM by CentralCavern

The Central Cavern Mining Pools
proud to present our

TEKcoin Pool
please point your miners to help us crack our first block!
Low 0.5% fees across the board

http://tek.centralcavern.uk

also bitcoin p2pool nodes across the world

Amsterdam
Reykjavik
Rosh Haayin

see our thread for more info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655493.0

www.centralcavern.uk
turn down your pc speakers!

Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:04:32 PM

Hello,

I have recently discovered TEK coin & am loving it! Good long term investment.

I was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me please? I am trying to figure out how to best stake my coins & have a couple of questions:

1.) How often do I need to open the QT wallet to make sure I get the full stake?
2.) What is the most effective way to gain interest? (I heard that coin control you can, but I do not understand it)

Many thanks
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:17:22 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me please? I am trying to figure out how to best stake my coins & have a couple of questions:

1.) How often do I need to open the QT wallet to make sure I get the full stake?
2.) What is the most effective way to gain interest? (I heard that coin control you can, but I do not understand it)

Many thanks

you don't need to have your wallet open to earn the stake, your coins are all within the blockchain and will mature accordingly, so you should be able to close your wallet and open it once every 30 days - but don't quote me on that!

coin control? pass.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Crypto_Enthusiast

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:18:11 PM

Hello,

Many thanks

you don't need to have your wallet open to earn the stake, your coins are all within the blockchain and will mature accordingly, so you should be able to close your wallet and open it once every 30 days - but don't quote me on that!

coin control? pass.

Do I need to keep wallet unlocked though?
raskul

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:32:00 PM

Hello,

Many thanks

coin control? pass.

Do I need to keep wallet unlocked though?

simply don't encrypt it to begin with - mine is not encrypted so I can't advise otherwise, sorry.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

Hello,

Many thanks

Coin control is a bit of a trick, but it's not necessary. Unlike raskul, I like it Cheesy

Anyway, until the coins mature (30 days) the wallet doesn't need to be open. When it does stake, as I understand it, the wallet needs to be open and unlocked as the client is "hashing" via the staking mechanism, so it might need to be open for a day or two while staking.

Coin control is actually very cool. You can use it to choose what coins get spent first, and you can use it to decide how to aggregate your coins. Larger blocks of course are larger payouts, but you might want to be staking all the time, so you stagger 'em out. Coin control allows all of this with a fair degree of precision.

Yes, the wallet has to be unlocked to stake, but if you have no mature coins, I wouldn't be too worried. I'm trying to remember if the tek wallet has an unlock for staking only setting...  I'm on  a different machine than my wallet. I'll get back to you on that if nobody else does Tongue
Crypto_Enthusiast

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

Hello,

Many thanks

Coin control is a bit of a trick, but it's not necessary. Unlike raskul, I like it Cheesy

Anyway, until the coins mature (30 days) the wallet doesn't need to be open. When it does stake, as I understand it, the wallet needs to be open and unlocked as the client is "hashing" via the staking mechanism, so it might need to be open for a day or two while staking.

Coin control is actually very cool. You can use it to choose what coins get spent first, and you can use it to decide how to aggregate your coins. Larger blocks of course are larger payouts, but you might want to be staking all the time, so you stagger 'em out. Coin control allows all of this with a fair degree of precision.

Yes, the wallet has to be unlocked to stake, but if you have no mature coins, I wouldn't be too worried. I'm trying to remember if the tek wallet has an unlock for staking only setting...  I'm on  a different machine than my wallet. I'll get back to you on that if nobody else does Tongue

Thank you for your help - I appreciate it.

I encrypted my wallet with a password to begin with, and now have it unlocked. But when I turn off my computer I think it encrypts again? Does this mean it will still stake & I will only need to 'unlock' it at the end of the 30 days?

Many thanks
raskul

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:04:50 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 07:01:42 PM by raskul

The Central Cavern Mining Pools
proud to present our

TEKcoin Pool

please point your miners to help us crack our first block!
Low 0.5% fees across the board

also bitcoin p2pool nodes across the world

Amsterdam
Reykjavik
Rosh Haayin

see our thread for more info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655493.0

www.centralcavern.uk
turn down your pc speakers!

first TEK block on tek.centralcavern.uk found by Murdof!!
well done!

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

Now mining at the central cavern, and we ARE solving blocks!!! Come join us! Spread the hashrate a bit more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: