Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
Omooba098

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:02:14 PM

Some bounty managers will clearly state that kyc will be done at the end of bounty campaign. In that case, you're kindly advised before you jump into it. On the other hand, it will be unfair (though I've not come across such bounty) when the manager announces kyc at the end of the campaign. They should not expect all bounty hunters to have all the requirements for the kyc.

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
Kjara

Activity: 322
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:11:53 PM

The requirement of the KYC from bounty-hunters is fair only when it is announced at the beginning of bounty, and not as a surprise - at the end. Serious ICO will not allow themselves to change initial conditions at the end of the bounty.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:16:24 PM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
A lot of bounty now are announcing at the end of ico that their will be kyc for bounty hunters. I this kind of rules are unfair because some manager didn't post that rules at the first or in the middle when bounty is ongoing.
AkropolisTeam

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:18:45 PM

Some bounty managers will clearly state that kyc will be done at the end of bounty campaign. In that case, you're kindly advised before you jump into it. On the other hand, it will be unfair (though I've not come across such bounty) when the manager announces kyc at the end of the campaign. They should not expect all bounty hunters to have all the requirements for the kyc.

What if they announce it because their legal counsel told them to do so? What if they need it just in case SEC or other authorities will be after them if they don't do so? I think that sometimes it legit to ask for KYC from bounty participants even at the end of the campaign, but it should be elaborated by the manager (why they do so).
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

This is an unfair practice and should not be allowed to implement, this us a form of deception knowing that some participants will say no to kyc, they will end up not receiving their stakes, those who implement their KYC should get negative rating from the community.
Dilemmaremma

Activity: 103
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:24:17 PM

I’m not a customer, I am a bounty hunter providing my services to the project. The ICO pays me tokens for completion of the bounty campaign. This means ICO projects are the customers of bounty hunters because they utilize their services. I’m not sure why we would ever need to be included in the KYC process but as a person living in the US, it screws me royally when they fail to mention the requirements ahead of time. I understand that the KYC is meant to protect the company because of laws that are established in attempt to protect individuals from being scammed out of money, but I’m not trying to invest so I don’t understand why I’d be required to do this for bounties. I also understand that sometimes things change and some ICOs need to address the legality issues by implementing the KYC and I accept this but I absolutely prefer to know ahead of time if at all possible so I’m not wasting months of my time to promote something without any type of payment. It’s not something I can pass even with documentation in most cases so when ICOs know full well that a KYC is required, it’s like they’re intentionally ignoring the efforts of many people for personal gain. That’s extremely shady behavior and is enough to make me avoid that coin throughout the entirety of its lifespan.

rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

first impression I can heard about bounty campaign need to sign up in the kyc before to get the rewards as bounty campaign participant, I also one of the against person about to singning up for kyc verification system because need to show them my real identification before I  comfirm the kyc singing up. I questioning regarding my privacy and my security as a person, and as now there have nothing bad feedback for me joining in kyc.

Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:36:25 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

This is an unfair practice and should not be allowed to implement, this us a form of deception knowing that some participants will say no to kyc, they will end up not receiving their stakes, those who implement their KYC should get negative rating from the community.
Therr should be a notification before joining. Applying new rules when the bounty is over is not good. Many still don't want KYC even it is for their own benefits.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:41:55 PM

on the one hand, the procedure for verifying the walkers for generosity is a useful undertaking. This allows you to limit the number of multi-accounts. On the other hand, it is dangerous to send out your real documents.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:30:07 AM

I don't care if a bounty manager decides to make KYC compulsory, as long as it's well known at the beginning of bounty campaign.

I have nothing to hidden, but simply I don't like and I don't feel secure, to give my personal document (ID, passport or any other important document) to unknown strangers just to get some token.

Bounty managers just need to be clear at the beginning of any bounty, so anyone can choose whether or not to participate and make his job properly.

Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:36:11 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

you can ask about anything, but will you listen? So Yes, I agree with you about the cus procedure must talk with the 1st days of the bounty program. Then the person decides to participate or not.
all bounty has a point: the team can change the terms during the entire period of bounty. What can be claims? You fill in the Google form to participate, therefore, agree with all the rules.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:45:43 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

you can ask about anything, but will you listen? So Yes, I agree with you about the cus procedure must talk with the 1st days of the bounty program. Then the person decides to participate or not.
all bounty has a point: the team can change the terms during the entire period of bounty. What can be claims? You fill in the Google form to participate, therefore, agree with all the rules.

Yeah most of the time these bounties clearly state the the rules can be changed at the owner's discretion so as much as this won't sit well with a lot of people also, it's up to the bounty manager. And i don't think a lot of these bounty campaigns would make such changes at the end

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
TKarollah

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:08:51 AM

That's very troublesome. first started there was no announcement about charging KYC when bounty ended announcement about kyc appeared. for bounty participants do not know what to do but fill it, if not fill us only work without pay. The kyc filling information should be announced at the start of the campaign.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:18:29 AM

I think KYC is right for those who have to invest and participate in ICOs, but for those who participate in bounty campaigns it should not be required. There is no global regulation that provides for the personal identification of the bounty hunters, it is very sensitive data and therefore I am against this procedure
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:22:48 AM

Did they give an explanation of why they did this? Was it a new regulation that they are forced to follow or something that already existed but they didnt know? If its the second then its very unfair as all the regulations should be set out at the beginning
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:10:08 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

That kinda sucks men i know that it is for security purposes but it takes time with me to deal with it because i am not a grown up man i am just a kid that know this kind of stuff so its for me to fill up those forms and the things needed. In that sense whenever I knew that there are a kucnin a campaign because i always ask when there is any of that in the telegram and when there is then i will leave that campaign. But there are a couple of time where i ended the campaign and when the tokens will be distributed there is an kyc so i didn't get my money kinda sucks
Revvo1

Activity: 272

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

Seriously so many guys have fallen viticms of this problem several times. Part of the transparent thing concerning an ICO is the bounty program and all it entails. Thus, I think it will be good if such an important aspect be stated clearly if it will needs be.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
amitkumratra

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:13:50 PM

There is both good and bad aspects of KYC. Multiple accounts is one reason for demanding KYC but the genuine persons have no problem to provide KYC.
But here is not a matter of genuine peoples or multiple accounts. While there is a matter of genuineness of company. After the completion of bounty campaign if they demands for KYC then this thing clearly shows that, they don't want to pay bounty hunters for there promotions.
Here is lots of genuine peoples working by real name with single account but from those some don't have required document to clear KYC process, then this bad for such participants and due to this they don't get reward of their work.
So it should be made mandatory for the bounty managers to write about to clear KYC process in the starting of bounty campaign, for such genuine peoples.
Hammerman

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

I'm very annoyed and angry. I do not quite understand why the project team does this. It's tempting to think that the team simply does not want to pay a reward. Although, many think that these actions they will get rid of bots ..
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:38:46 PM

KYC is not bad if bounty hunter don't use multiple accounts. So it's a good way to get out all cheaters with mupltiple accounts

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: